Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 16 Dec 2011, 22:52 (Ref:3001029)   #301
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
They say Shanghai, but there are three tracks in that area: Shanghai, Guangdong, and Tianma. I'm pretty sure they mean to go to Guangdong next year.
Old 16 Dec 2011, 23:03 (Ref:3001034)   #302
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Zolder, San Luis and Portimao are great inclusions but what is Ratel thinking, no tracks from Germany, UK or Italy and yet you have had (well probably will) have teams from those countries who might want a home race to satisfy the sponsors.

And awesome tracks like Silverstone, Donington, Monza, Mugello, Sachsenring are missing etc. Im glad San Luis is back cause its a gem.

So with All Inkl switching to the Mercedes I dont think we will see any Gallardos on the grid unless Reiter enter themselves.
Old 16 Dec 2011, 23:05 (Ref:3001036)   #303
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
With the greatest of respect to those it was convenient for, I won't miss Silverstone.

I admit, not sure I'd even travel to Donington now it's a sprint series, but what they've done to Silverstone has completely sterilised it, taken away the character it had and my facvourite part of the circuit to watch at.
When it comes to championships like this, Silverstone is much better suited to endurance races. But since GT1/3 going to obscure low-crowd circuits in the middle of nowhere in 2012, they should have had a go around the new longer Snetterton layout...
Old 17 Dec 2011, 13:48 (Ref:3001205)   #304
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If the GT3 Europe races will be together (physically, and not just as a support race), the European rounds could have a few more entrants.

However, Markus Palttala had this to say on Twitter:

"will lose quite a few cars next year adding 1 race meeting, pitstops and few more sets of tyres per w-e. Shame, really."
Old 17 Dec 2011, 16:55 (Ref:3001270)   #305
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackN View Post
I like not going to F1 venues. They always become very sanitized and dull.
I loved when the old FIA GT went to obscure little places like Adria and such. But it's different now. When you have a world championship on your hands, you're kinda expected to run on some bigger arenas / market places (even if they lack all the character).
Old 17 Dec 2011, 23:44 (Ref:3001402)   #306
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I agree with Chiana. It's fine for European championships to race at second-level circuits (except the ELMS, prototypes don't suit Brno and Zolder). But a World Championship should go to major international venues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
Thinking about Japan, I reckon if GTWC was to do a race there, Autopolis could work.
Autopolis is like Ordos and Yeongam: it's in the middle of nowhere.
Old 18 Dec 2011, 14:08 (Ref:3001538)   #307
JorritVD
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
JorritVD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
racingworld.be reports that All-Inkl will enter the World GT with a pair of Mercedes SLS. Possible driver is Thomas Jager.

So maybe DKR or Reiter itself will enter the Gallardo's than?
Old 18 Dec 2011, 14:26 (Ref:3001540)   #308
JorritVD
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Confirmed:
McLaren MP4-12C > Hexis Racing
Mercedes-Benz SLS > All-Inkl.com Racing

Possible
Audi R8 LMS Ultra > WRT Racing Team
Aston Martin V12 Vantage > Young Driver - AMR
BMW Z4 > ????
BMW-Alpina B6 > ???
Chevrolet Camaro > SaReNi United
Ferrari 458 Italia > AF Corse / Vita4One
Lamborghini Gallardo LP600+ > Reiter Engineering
Nissan GT-R > JRM/Sumo Power
Porsche 997 GT3-Cup R > Prospeed Competition

Unlikely:
Corvette Z06.R > ???
Dodge Viper Competition Coupé > ???
Ford GT > ???
Lamborghini Gallardo LP520 GT3 Evo > ???
Old 18 Dec 2011, 14:42 (Ref:3001543)   #309
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JorritVD View Post
Confirmed:

Possible
BMW Z4 > ????
BMW-Alpina B6 > ???

Unlikely:
Corvette Z06.R > ???
Ford GT > ???
sincerly i doubt that the z4 will be used by some team in the world GT, mvds was intersted but then dropped for multiple reasons; same idea about the b6.... then i doubt that the camaro and the vantage will be ready for the competition, maybe will take part just to some events.
Nissan GT-R GT3 for now is confirmed that will take part at 24h of dubai and japanese gt3 champ! but who knows, since 2 day ago nobody thought that all-ink would take part with 2 sls.
Old 18 Dec 2011, 17:21 (Ref:3001587)   #310
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
sincerly i doubt that the z4 will be used by some team in the world GT, mvds was intersted but then dropped for multiple reasons; same idea about the b6.... then i doubt that the camaro and the vantage will be ready for the competition, maybe will take part just to some events.
Nissan GT-R GT3 for now is confirmed that will take part at 24h of dubai and japanese gt3 champ! but who knows, since 2 day ago nobody thought that all-ink would take part with 2 sls.
Perhaps Team Need for Speed (Schubert Motorsport) might take up the Z4 GT3 again? They ran in GT3 European this year, but with all the money and support EA gives them, they might go for the World Championship this year (after all, they did run in a bunch of endurance races like Nurburgring 24 & Spa 24 too)
Old 18 Dec 2011, 17:38 (Ref:3001594)   #311
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Thaw Daggerslash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Disappointed to see no British round. Grown to really like this championship in the past couple of years, the racing has been really good. Thought I'd go to the Silverstone round in 2012, so obviously disappointing. First WTCC, now GT too.

FIA -

All very well going to new markets blah di blah, but what about going where the FANS are?

Would love to see the GTs at Donington, my local track, but not holding much hope over a late announcement of a British round. WEC at Silverstone in August it is then!
Old 18 Dec 2011, 18:10 (Ref:3001600)   #312
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JorritVD View Post
Confirmed:

Possible
BMW Z4 > ????
BMW-Alpina B6 > ???

Unlikely:
Corvette Z06.R > ???
Ford GT > ???
The only ones I think have a strong chance are WRT, JRM/Sumo and Young Driver which would bring it up to five teams. (10 cars, or if there were not enough entries then you could have five teams of three, 15 cars, but I don't see that happening.) I would like to think we might see some Lamborghini's, Ford's, Chevrolet's or Ferrari's, but I'm not sure who would run them.
Old 18 Dec 2011, 20:32 (Ref:3001643)   #313
Mt. Lynx
Racer

Sweden
Stockholm
Mt. Lynx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hasn´t Reiter already stated that they will only do ADAC and BES and no WC?
Old 18 Dec 2011, 20:57 (Ref:3001646)   #314
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, plus they doing the Camaro GT3 customer project, so I don't believe they will have enough time for the GTWC. I can't see Yaco racing in GTWC unless the two championships merge.

I don't see why the two don't merge. There is only three fly away races this year.
Old 18 Dec 2011, 21:23 (Ref:3001650)   #315
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaw Daggerslash View Post
Would love to see the GTs at Donington, my local track, but not holding much hope over a late announcement of a British round. WEC at Silverstone in August it is then!
The European Le Mans Series will visit Donington in July 2012 so hope is not lost.
Old 19 Dec 2011, 11:23 (Ref:3001815)   #316
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
Perhaps Team Need for Speed (Schubert Motorsport) might take up the Z4 GT3 again? They ran in GT3 European this year, but with all the money and support EA gives them, they might go for the World Championship this year (after all, they did run in a bunch of endurance races like Nurburgring 24 & Spa 24 too)
An outfit like them would be a good fit for the WGT but it depends on money (do they still have the EA support next year as there have been rumours that they may not support them in 2012). And you would have to think BMW might have some reservations, Schubert might be a private team but they are the main customer team for the Z4 GT3.
Old 20 Dec 2011, 12:45 (Ref:3002205)   #317
JorritVD
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Audi will enter the GT World Championship.
W Racing Team will enter 2 new R8 LMS ultra.

http://www.racingworld.be/news/8473/...-gt1-2012.html
Old 20 Dec 2011, 12:52 (Ref:3002208)   #318
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
For the people that do not master the Dutch language, the official Audi press release can be found at https://www.audi-mediaservices.com/p...tlichkeit.html
Old 20 Dec 2011, 12:57 (Ref:3002212)   #319
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Carsandmotorracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds bloddy awesome!!!
Old 20 Dec 2011, 14:04 (Ref:3002238)   #320
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
One stupid question: Why exactly do they keep calling this series "GT1 World Championship" when there will be no GT1s left next year? Ratel himself said a few months ago that if they'd go BoP-GT3-only route, they'd probably just call it FIA GT World Championship.

Also, they can't just rename GT3 as "new" GT1, especially if they have a support series called FIA GT3 European Championship with same exact cars.
Old 20 Dec 2011, 14:13 (Ref:3002239)   #321
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
infact is called "World GT" someone still call it GT1 for common speak.
By the way.... i'm already preparing a super LOL when sometimes europe GT3 cars will run faster then some "WoRlD gT car"
Old 20 Dec 2011, 15:16 (Ref:3002260)   #322
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
How about World GTR Championship, or WGTR. (R for Ratel :P) And GT4 could be renamed GTS, for GT Sprint.

Last edited by NaBUru38; 20 Dec 2011 at 15:23.
Old 20 Dec 2011, 15:17 (Ref:3002263)   #323
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
infact is called "World GT" someone still call it GT1 for common speak"
Oh really, even the FIA presser still calls it the 2012 FIA GT1 World Championship. Makes no sense.
Old 20 Dec 2011, 15:44 (Ref:3002280)   #324
JorritVD
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Oh really, even the FIA presser still calls it the 2012 FIA GT1 World Championship. Makes no sense.
Maybe because the GT3 cars that will race in the World championship will get some different parts. there were plans like other exhausts (GT1 noise level) and carbon brakes.
Old 20 Dec 2011, 16:46 (Ref:3002308)   #325
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Quite. Also I believe suspension mods.
The idea being to be CLOSE to extant GT1 pace, with a modified GT3. Cheaper route to the GT1 WORLD title, as against a GT3 Euro title?
I'm not sure if they are even talking anymore about 'derated' GT1s...