Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 7 Jun 2016, 06:27 (Ref:3647866)   #301
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Will the Le Mans 24 be one of the last places that showcases a euro cultural tradition like motor racing with a traditional crowd. I.E...will the migrants and "refugees" be noticed in large numbers during the race.
Can we please keep politics and this situation out of here?
Old 7 Jun 2016, 07:06 (Ref:3647873)   #302
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Motor racing and Lemans are above politics, all are welcome no matter where they come from or what beliefs they have.
Old 7 Jun 2016, 09:35 (Ref:3647904)   #303
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Motor racing and Lemans are above politics, all are welcome no matter where they come from or what beliefs they have.
So true and that's one of the many reasons why it is such a good event and I hope that none of the events of the previous year will change that atmosphere at the race
Old 7 Jun 2016, 17:30 (Ref:3648012)   #304
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've deleted Masked Racer's comment. Some may wish to talk of migrants and refugees, but I see no place for it here.
Old 7 Jun 2016, 17:44 (Ref:3648019)   #305
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Totally agree Andrew glad you did that, as i said all are welcome at the biggest international event in the world
Old 7 Jun 2016, 18:26 (Ref:3648031)   #306
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
On a happier note and one more relevant to the thread, I will be at Le Mans as usual and look forward to seeing lots of you on Saturday at the meet.
Old 7 Jun 2016, 18:35 (Ref:3648033)   #307
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllonFS View Post
On a happier note and one more relevant to the thread, I will be at Le Mans as usual and look forward to seeing lots of you on Saturday at the meet.
Good ! Even if we drink only water, it will be nice to meet all together.
Old 7 Jun 2016, 18:58 (Ref:3648040)   #308
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
But there will be cheese
Old 7 Jun 2016, 20:15 (Ref:3648056)   #309
911GT1LM98
Rookie

Israel
911GT1LM98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Flying out to Paris this coming Saturday and than driving to Le- Mans on Sunday morning- Can hardly wait!

Can someone, please, recommend on a cheap and reliable Pre- paid SIM card?

Thanks,
Yigal.
Old 7 Jun 2016, 20:43 (Ref:3648064)   #310
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
Good ! Even if we drink only water, it will be nice to meet all together.
Biizarrely, water is fine for me........
Old 7 Jun 2016, 20:51 (Ref:3648068)   #311
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Andrew perhaps you can make us all a nice cup of tea. Milk no sugar please
Old 7 Jun 2016, 21:19 (Ref:3648081)   #312
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, I'll have my travel kettle at home base, so if I can find somewhere to plug it in......
Old 7 Jun 2016, 23:10 (Ref:3648100)   #313
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
It's been far to long that I've been on the best sportscar forum.
Reading these last few comments make me feel apprehensive of what is to come in our near future.
Ofcourse I too am really looking forward to our pelgrimage. And yes, we do have to consider the current threat of millions who detest our way of live. Mind you, we will be a quarter of a million strong Westerners. The one IS and the likes have promised to target...
Then again, there will be some thousand gendarmes watching over us. Heavilly armed.
Allways be vigilant in these days but I think one would be a very stupid terrorist to try and attack us there...
Hope I'll see you all on Saturday afternoon and raise our well topped off glasses on another glorious race.
Untill then!
Old 9 Jun 2016, 06:27 (Ref:3648379)   #314
rx555
Rookie

United States
St. Louis
rx555 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can hardly stand the anticipation. We leave this Saturday with a stop at the Porsche museum and the 'Ring before the race.
Old 9 Jun 2016, 08:01 (Ref:3648398)   #315
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx555 View Post
I can hardly stand the anticipation. We leave this Saturday with a stop at the Porsche museum and the 'Ring before the race.
A fair drive from there to le mans, have a great trip and see you at the meet on Saturday if not before
Old 9 Jun 2016, 18:35 (Ref:3648534)   #316
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The roads maps during the week :
http://www.sarthe.fr/itineraires
Old 10 Jun 2016, 04:39 (Ref:3648617)   #317
rx555
Rookie

United States
St. Louis
rx555 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey, that's all in French. I thought this was a British race
Old 10 Jun 2016, 07:00 (Ref:3648641)   #318
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It is of course, we just humour our French friends into thinking otherwise......
Old 10 Jun 2016, 07:11 (Ref:3648645)   #319
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I admit it must be difficult for all British to drive on the wrong side of the road.
Old 10 Jun 2016, 07:30 (Ref:3648650)   #320
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
The words are in French, but the pictures are in English

Sean
Old 10 Jun 2016, 07:33 (Ref:3648651)   #321
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
I admit it must be difficult for all British to drive on the wrong side of the road.
No Pascal, like all nations, we have plenty of idiots who drive on the wrong side of the road. Usually in little cars with bad paint jobs which overtake other cars when there is very little room to do so.

Sean
Old 11 Jun 2016, 10:00 (Ref:3648879)   #322
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well everyone, last message on Tenths before I head off for Portsmouth in about 45 minutes.

For all those lucky enough to be going, have a safe journey, look after yourselves and have a terrific time. For those at home, I hope you also have a great Le Mans following it in whatever way you choose!

I'll be on here from time to time as I'll have connectivity (mostly in the evenings and early mornings).

Cheers

Ayse
Old 11 Jun 2016, 10:51 (Ref:3648886)   #323
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I feel gutted not driving down early this year, have a great time for all arriving early in the week, see you all at the meet.
Old 11 Jun 2016, 13:59 (Ref:3648917)   #324
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
I feel gutted not driving down early this year, have a great time for all arriving early in the week, see you all at the meet.
So chance of a lift in the nsx this year then, oh well perhaps the classic
Old 11 Jun 2016, 18:24 (Ref:3648974)   #325
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
So chance of a lift in the nsx this year then, oh well perhaps the classic
Sorry, I'm not driving the NSX to LM this year. And unfortunatly the Classic is a no go.