Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Sep 2013, 01:40 (Ref:3301289)   #301
marc sproule
Racer

marc sproule should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this oughta give at least a few of you a chuckle.....

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/f1...an-adventures/
Old 10 Sep 2013, 01:55 (Ref:3301293)   #302
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc sproule View Post
So James Hunt was a bit of a stoner.
Old 10 Sep 2013, 04:59 (Ref:3301332)   #303
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
So James Hunt was a bit of a stoner.
bjohnsonsmith are you quite young?

If you had lived in the 60s and 70s that comment would not have been made...just a wry smile would have been enough.
Old 10 Sep 2013, 05:10 (Ref:3301333)   #304
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
bjohnsonsmith are you quite young?

If you had lived in the 60s and 70s that comment would not have been made...just a wry smile would have been enough.
I was 16 in '76, the year the events in RUSH took place. I went to the British GP at Brands that year and remember the '76 season very well, one reason why I'm really looking forward to seeing this movie.

I know it wouldn't have been made as the word didn't exist then but it exists now dude.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 08:46 (Ref:3301945)   #305
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Listen about Rush here now.

http://www.newstalk.ie/player/
Old 11 Sep 2013, 09:55 (Ref:3301991)   #306
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Got tickets to see it on Friday night. Looking forward to it!

I think i can park my pedantry for an evening and just enjoy it for what it is. I think.....
Old 11 Sep 2013, 12:51 (Ref:3302075)   #307
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Planning to watch it ASAP !
Old 13 Sep 2013, 19:47 (Ref:3303527)   #308
Tim 27
Racer

England
March,Cambs
Tim 27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just returned from watching Rush.
If you are too young to remember what happened, and know little of James and Niki, then go and see it.
If like me, you watched the season unfold, and know the majority of the facts behind the season and characters, then be prepared.
I went totally open minded, aware that it was a Hollywood movie, designed to entertain the masses, not the racing minority, but still came away severely disappointed.
Wasn't at all impressed with how certain people were depicted, (Clay Regazzoni I thought harshly treated, and was Louis Stanley really like that)?
I felt the racing scenes poor and unbelievable (Cadwell, Brands and Snetterton easily recognisable), and only a few times getting the impression of speed.
Daniel Bruhl is fabulous as Niki, but from memory I'm sure even Lauda wasn't as straight and square as made out!
All that said, full marks to Ron Howard for bringing that season to the masses, but to me it's just another case of however hard you try, sometimes you can never replicate the drama, sadness and excitement of real life in film.
Old 13 Sep 2013, 20:44 (Ref:3303550)   #309
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Going to see it on Sunday
Old 13 Sep 2013, 20:51 (Ref:3303552)   #310
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
is the movie already out in the UK?
Old 13 Sep 2013, 21:42 (Ref:3303588)   #311
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
If you are too young to remember what happened, and know little of James and Niki, then go and see it.
If like me, you watched the season unfold, and know the majority of the facts behind the season and characters, then be prepared.
I went totally open minded, aware that it was a Hollywood movie, designed to entertain the masses, not the racing minority, but still came away severely disappointed.
Wasn't at all impressed with how certain people were depicted, (Clay Regazzoni I thought harshly treated, and was Louis Stanley really like that)?
I felt the racing scenes poor and unbelievable (Cadwell, Brands and Snetterton easily recognisable), and only a few times getting the impression of speed.
Daniel Bruhl is fabulous as Niki, but from memory I'm sure even Lauda wasn't as straight and square as made out!
All that said, full marks to Ron Howard for bringing that season to the masses, but to me it's just another case of however hard you try, sometimes you can never replicate the drama, sadness and excitement of real life in film.

Wondered if that would be the case,maybe I'll just read my copy of "Against All Odds" and be content....
Old 13 Sep 2013, 22:58 (Ref:3303624)   #312
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
The first half was too littered in 'little things' that the pedant in me couldn't let go. (Circuit hopping, 'downchange and stamp and throttle to overtake' etc)

However, the 2nd half more than made up for it. As a MOVIE, it was fantastic.
Old 13 Sep 2013, 23:01 (Ref:3303625)   #313
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
is the movie already out in the UK?
Went on General release tonight (Friday) but there have been various showings prior to this.
Old 13 Sep 2013, 23:24 (Ref:3303634)   #314
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This weekend ! I'm going to watch it on sunday.
Old 13 Sep 2013, 23:26 (Ref:3303637)   #315
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good human story but the racing "action" very poor with terrible continuity.
Old 14 Sep 2013, 00:29 (Ref:3303662)   #316
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim 27 View Post
In 1976 I was 23... so I can remember the season well. I was aware from watching the trailers that it would not be 'as I remembered it' and your post prepares me even more. But I will still go. And the film will not change my view of the people. It will still be a 'film', fiction, not fact.
Old 14 Sep 2013, 01:25 (Ref:3303673)   #317
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
In 1976 I was 23... so I can remember the season well. I was aware from watching the trailers that it would not be 'as I remembered it' and your post prepares me even more. But I will still go. And the film will not change my view of the people. It will still be a 'film', fiction, not fact.
Yeah, I feel the same about it... I'm just expecting to see a "story based on true events" as Hollywood usually do.
Old 14 Sep 2013, 07:32 (Ref:3303720)   #318
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They've been completely open that it's "based on a true story" throughout.

My view is that if you want to watch the 1976 season, watch the season review. This isn't it.

And no, I haven't been to see it yet.
Old 14 Sep 2013, 08:39 (Ref:3303736)   #319
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Is it out on DVD yet?....
Old 14 Sep 2013, 10:20 (Ref:3303776)   #320
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Saw it last night.

All credit to Ron Howard and everyone who contributed to its creation.

I,m sure there will be us in the "know" who may find faults, but to those who just go to see the film who do not know so much about historic motorsport this has to be be a great introduction and education.

Brilliant ....... and great music score as well. Watch all the credits to the end and enjoy the sound.
Old 14 Sep 2013, 15:27 (Ref:3303864)   #321
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Is it out on DVD yet?....
Not yet....
Old 14 Sep 2013, 15:44 (Ref:3303874)   #322
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Not legally....
Fixed that for you

Hope to see this soon (legally )
Old 14 Sep 2013, 15:57 (Ref:3303878)   #323
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Fixed that for you

Hope to see this soon (legally )
Messing with my post, .
Old 14 Sep 2013, 18:02 (Ref:3303930)   #324
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Just seen the film and it was brilliant, my advice to everyone is go and watch it you will not regret it
Old 14 Sep 2013, 18:27 (Ref:3303937)   #325
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm going to see it tomorrow evening. I don't have high expectations, not because I am being pessimistic about this one per se, but because I've seen various motor racing films.