Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Closed Thread

Old 7 Jan 2006, 12:30 (Ref:1496760)   #301
REALIST
Racer

REALIST has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sowman
No4, there clearly has been harrassment of some kind going on - "why has Peter not answered this question I posted on the other thread", that kind of thing. If he wants to answer the question, he will. If he doesn't, he won't - and you can infer conclusions from that. My point is, that if Peter (or anyone else) has something to say then they will make statements in the appropriate places at a time of their choosing. Some people on these threads have seemed to think that he should say everything on here.
I know I said that was my last word but this can't go unanswered!

So Ian, if I were to say that the Challenge is totally without foundation, will irreparably damage British Motorsport and hasn't got a cat in hell's chance, I shouldn't be expected to substantiate my statement?

IMO that's what you're saying and I couldn't disagree more, which is why I woud not make such statements but will 'harass' people who make equally insupportable claims to back them up.
Old 7 Jan 2006, 12:34 (Ref:1496763)   #302
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I might expect you to back your statement up. But if you didn't, I wouldn't keep on at you about it, I'd find something better to do with my time!
Old 7 Jan 2006, 12:39 (Ref:1496766)   #303
fantasytoca
Racer

fantasytoca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ian

I think the point is that Peter can't expect (and to be fair having communicated with him off the forum I don't believe he does expect) to have his cake and eat it - you can't expect to use a forum for self promotion of a new series and then not have people question the viability of that series.

Peter has chosen to use this forum to communicate his ideas and that is very welcome - but as I and others have pointed out he has used skills many politicians would envy to dodge the difficult questions he doesn't want to answer.

As others have said there have been a number of promised series in recent years which have then failed to materialise, sometimes with people having invested serious sums of money, so it is only natural that those of us who have been around the motorsport scene for some time are going to be a little sceptical (I was tempted to write cynical ) when a new series comes along.

Like the majority of people here, I would dearly love to see the Challenge succeed - and I am due to meet Peter soon privately to discuss some of the finer details - but that doesn't mean we should adopt the 'Emperor's new clothes' syndrome and all say 'oh isn't it wonderful' when those of us with marketing and/or motorsport experience can spot potential flaws in the plan - who knows, by pointing out these problems we may a) be highlighting to Peter areas where investors/sponsors/drivers will require clarification and b) highlight problem areas which had not occured to Peter before.
Old 7 Jan 2006, 12:43 (Ref:1496768)   #304
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For the record, I'm as sceptical as anyone! I just happen to think that by people repeatedly insisting that he answer questions that he doesn't want to in this arena, he is less likely to be open, not more. It is counterproductive if you are actually trying to get information out of him.
Old 7 Jan 2006, 12:56 (Ref:1496775)   #305
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by No 4
...and why thousands of people have viewed it...
No, people have viewed it thousands of times - you and I have probably viewed it several dozen times each!
Old 7 Jan 2006, 13:01 (Ref:1496782)   #306
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasytoca
I think the point is that Peter can't expect (and to be fair having communicated with him off the forum I don't believe he does expect) to have his cake and eat it - you can't expect to use a forum for self promotion of a new series and then not have people question the viability of that series.
agreed. it's true with anything, if you come on here to self-promote or babble about another driver then you do have to answer the criticism.

i am beginning to lose interest with these threads. it's all coming over terribly like the dan clarke phase the forum went through...
Old 7 Jan 2006, 15:32 (Ref:1496836)   #307
No 4
Veteran

No 4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ian -

Firstly, Peter has demonstrated that he is more than capable of holding his own in a debate and that will not be pressured into providing answers that he doesn't want to give. In short, he's a big boy and doesn't need people to protect him.

Secondly, no one has said that he should reveal all on here. However, if he uses the thread to 'sell' The Challenge and by inference suggest that the thousands of hard working people that put on the existing championships are getting it all wrong, then he must expect people to come back at him and ask him to substantiate what he's saying.

There's nothing personal in what's been said. It's just a frank and robust debate. What's the problem?
Old 7 Jan 2006, 15:40 (Ref:1496838)   #308
No 4
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sowman
No, people have viewed it thousands of times - you and I have probably viewed it several dozen times each!
This is splitting hairs. The fact is that interest in the thread has caused there to be one of the highest number of viewings for any thread on the forum. Whether it's 10 people viewing 80 times each or 8,000 viewing once each, the thread has provoked huge interest.
Old 8 Jan 2006, 03:15 (Ref:1497113)   #309
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A lot of what I've read over the past few pages is nothing but pole vaulting over mouse turds. Whether it succeeds or fails it doesn't really matter. Like any new business, especially a new racing series, a lot of time, money and effort has to be put into it to make it work. The whole concept has some problems, but I hope it works out as british motorsport is a bit boring at the time.
Old 8 Jan 2006, 11:28 (Ref:1497211)   #310
ukracing
Racer

ukracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyways i have heard that the Challenge will now be postponed again until the middle of the year due to the fact cant get cars built or running also that they cant get a website running once again.
Old 8 Jan 2006, 11:55 (Ref:1497225)   #311
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by No 4
Whether it's 10 people viewing 80 times each or 8,000 viewing once each, the thread has provoked huge interest.
Your maths lesson is in the post
Old 8 Jan 2006, 13:34 (Ref:1497270)   #312
No 4
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russfeld
Your maths lesson is in the post
There really are some nit picky, pedantic people on here.

The simple point I'm making is that whether it's a few people viewing repeatedly or a lot of people viewing once or twice, the thread has attracted a large number number of viewings, second only to the GP2 thread.

Therefore, I would suggest this evidences that the debate has been lively and stimulating, as why else would it attract so may viewings. In turn, the Ten Tenths Forum owners must surely be pleased about this, as high levels of viewings helps attract more members and also, very importantly, more advertisers.
Old 8 Jan 2006, 17:17 (Ref:1497363)   #313
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not nitpicking here, but I've followed this thread for a while and it seems this has become too personal for some people here.

I don't give a hoot about this formula (or any other big series), but if it works, why not? If it doesn't, well another one down the drain.

Maybe it is time somebody puts a lock on this thing before it gets really bad.
Old 8 Jan 2006, 18:16 (Ref:1497400)   #314
No 4
Veteran

Sounds a good idea to me!
Old 9 Jan 2006, 18:42 (Ref:1498000)   #315
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
gixxer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's really down to the powers to be to decide that one,10 10th's is usually a friendly place to be but have to agree some have got quite close to the limit, shame really but i suppose everybody has their opinion!
Old 9 Jan 2006, 20:39 (Ref:1498093)   #316
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
sorry, this is staying. we like debate in niss, and i'd like to think we're all grown ups here.

however. should anyone stray from the grown-up debate concept, i'll (and the other moderators, if they see fit) be using the shiny warning system. and the topic will be closed indefinitely for any form of discussion.

to be completely honest, i'm surprised you can all still find something to discuss about this.
Old 9 Jan 2006, 20:58 (Ref:1498103)   #317
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No problem for me Bella, an official warning (yours, I add) may help to keep everything on track.
Old 11 Jan 2006, 19:17 (Ref:1499417)   #318
Zoidberg
Rookie

Zoidberg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peter Wardle seems to have gone very quiet.
Has he run out of money.or moved to Brazil or is the Challenge car finally going to be publically tested and full race and driver announcements given?
Old 11 Jan 2006, 21:54 (Ref:1499519)   #319
No 4
Veteran

The website is showing as unavailable when I try to log on. Is anyone else having the same problem?
Old 11 Jan 2006, 22:38 (Ref:1499546)   #320
REALIST
Racer

REALIST has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Can log on to the home page of powerchallenge.com but nothing on the site works
Old 11 Jan 2006, 22:38 (Ref:1499547)   #321
El_Gibleto
Veteran

El_Gibleto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The website has been 'revised' but still has dead links and does not supply any more information.

We still await the 'full story'.
Old 12 Jan 2006, 09:14 (Ref:1499721)   #322
No 4
Veteran

Remind me of the website address, as I couldn't log on using www.challengeinitiativeuk.com
Old 12 Jan 2006, 10:35 (Ref:1499776)   #323
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No 4

http://www.powercarchallenge.com

Flav
Old 12 Jan 2006, 12:12 (Ref:1499857)   #324
Zoidberg
Rookie

Zoidberg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Peter Wardle can't get 'The Challenge' website up and running what hope is there for the series? The concept is excellent but it needs to be advertised fully in order to succeed and given the state of the website it's going to be a non-starter, so come on Peter lets have some action that will lead to some positive discussion and not politicians waffle!
Old 12 Jan 2006, 19:55 (Ref:1500076)   #325
No 4
Veteran

I've been making this point for some months. To be credible, the website should have been fully functional at last Augusts launch. However, here we are some 5 months later and it's still half finished. Therefore, if this simple task cannot be completed on time, how can we have confidence that anything else to do with the series will happen as scheduled?
Closed Thread