Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 15 Dec 2004, 15:48 (Ref:1180221)   #301
gi_gav
Veteran

Scotland
gi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrio
Nobody is going to go head on against the R8....Especially not another german manifacturer....
You're absolutely right, I just doubt Porsche would go for LMP2.

Where had you heard this Gabrio?
Old 15 Dec 2004, 16:19 (Ref:1180250)   #302
Gabrio
Veteran

Gabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gi_gav
You're absolutely right, I just doubt Porsche would go for LMP2.

Where had you heard this Gabrio?
You'll excuse me but a good source can never be revealed... But I trust that source very much.
Old 15 Dec 2004, 19:09 (Ref:1180442)   #303
mariantic
Racer

Scotland
Scotland
mariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Automatic entries

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan
Don't know if this has already been mentioned, but crash.net reports that BMS Scuderia Italia will take a Ferrari 550 to Le Mans, and will apply for an entry for a second Ferrari (one entry being automatic as FIA GT Champions).
Is there an automatic entry for the FIA GT champ?

I though the 24 pre-selections were:-
Top 2 LM 24 per class
Top 2 LMES per class
Top Petit LM per class
Top ALMS per class (or second if already selected as PLM)

Anyone got the definitive answer on this?
Old 15 Dec 2004, 23:23 (Ref:1180631)   #304
gi_gav
Veteran

Scotland
gi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrio
You'll excuse me but a good source can never be revealed... But I trust that source very much.
Certainly! Thanks for sharing your info with us.
Old 16 Dec 2004, 05:26 (Ref:1180737)   #305
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariantic
Is there an automatic entry for the FIA GT champ?

I though the 24 pre-selections were:-
Top 2 LM 24 per class
Top 2 LMES per class
Top Petit LM per class
Top ALMS per class (or second if already selected as PLM)

Anyone got the definitive answer on this?
Yes : you'll find the qualified teams on Infocourse.

Note that there's no automatic entry from the FIA-GT championship... yet !

Last edited by Fab; 16 Dec 2004 at 05:27.
Old 17 Dec 2004, 09:44 (Ref:1181704)   #306
Bentley Beermon
Racer

England
Sheffield
Bentley Beermon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

This may be of use to some people it is a web site I found whilst planning my trip to prequalifying. It is Speed ferries from Dover to Boulogne Cat 50 mins £50 return for a car plus 4 passengers if you book before New Year so good luck boys if it is of use. Have a good Christmas everyone. I am not sure if this is the right thread but someone will move it if not.
http://speedferries.alandiaserverfar.../bkg_first.asp
Old 18 Dec 2004, 10:11 (Ref:1182422)   #307
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just been looking around a couple of Le Mans sites and there is only 182 days till next years Le Mans, which means we are over half way to next years Le Mans.

BTW way my traval plans are sorted out for next year arriving Wednesday and departing Monday again. Going in the e-type again, I have also got a cracking deal with the ferries thanks to Brittany Ferries.
Old 22 Dec 2004, 05:47 (Ref:1185613)   #308
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
According to Infocourse, the LM entry list is now open to concurrents, and until the 19th of January.

Entry fee : 32 000 € (with a 5000 € acount for those whom are not alredy selected).
Old 22 Dec 2004, 05:52 (Ref:1185614)   #309
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
More news about the new P1 Courage on Infocourse...

Yves spent the whole last week in States, but the engine is still not chosen yet. If an agreement is not possible with Panoz, a Judd (GV4 or GV5) is possible, but has to be determined before the 15th of January.

Program : LM and Spa, and probably the whole LMES.

But : it's possible for Courage to cross the Pound to enter Sebring... it's still expectations, so no confirmation yet, don't take that for something positive...
Old 22 Dec 2004, 10:50 (Ref:1185758)   #310
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
That makes six GT victories in a row for Porsche at LM, with the late White Ligntening one...

Who wants to take a bet on the first one to break the Porsche serie ? Ferrari, TVR, Spyker, Panoz, Morgan... what else ?

Last edited by Fab; 22 Dec 2004 at 10:50.
Old 22 Dec 2004, 10:57 (Ref:1185765)   #311
Bentley Beermon
Racer

England
Sheffield
Bentley Beermon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would love it to be Panoz but I would expect it to be Ferrari
Old 22 Dec 2004, 11:52 (Ref:1185798)   #312
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
Yes : you'll find the qualified teams on Infocourse.

Note that there's no automatic entry from the FIA-GT championship... yet !
There was last year though. i.e. BMS Scuderia had a guarenteed entry for 2004 for being 2003 FIA-GT champions (they didn't take it up). I guess that the FIA-GT qualification was replaced by the LMES this year.

Mike
Old 22 Dec 2004, 13:15 (Ref:1185871)   #313
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
More news about the new P1 Courage on Infocourse...

Yves spent the whole last week in States, but the engine is still not chosen yet. If an agreement is not possible with Panoz, a Judd (GV4 or GV5) is possible, but has to be determined before the 15th of January.

Program : LM and Spa, and probably the whole LMES.

But : it's possible for Courage to cross the Pound to enter Sebring... it's still expectations, so no confirmation yet, don't take that for something positive...
What about the earlier roumored cooperation with Panoz - that Panoz may run 2 C60-Hybrids in the ALMS. Is this plan still valid?
Old 22 Dec 2004, 15:34 (Ref:1185977)   #314
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally Posted by iucrmh
There was last year though. i.e. BMS Scuderia had a guarenteed entry for 2004 for being 2003 FIA-GT champions (they didn't take it up). I guess that the FIA-GT qualification was replaced by the LMES this year.

Mike

Yes, I'm wrong on this, my mishtake ! ...
Old 22 Dec 2004, 15:36 (Ref:1185978)   #315
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-Eins
What about the earlier roumored cooperation with Panoz - that Panoz may run 2 C60-Hybrids in the ALMS. Is this plan still valid?
Sincerely, I don't know where this rumour comes from... and I never had any information coming from France confirming it, even as gossips. For me the information is invalid, except if there's a serious enough source to confirm it.
Old 22 Dec 2004, 17:11 (Ref:1186048)   #316
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
..., except if there's a serious enough source to confirm it.
I believe it was an article on german motorsport-magazin Motorsport aktuell.
No idea what the base of the info was...

Last edited by GT-Eins; 22 Dec 2004 at 17:12.
Old 22 Dec 2004, 17:22 (Ref:1186055)   #317
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
This from dailysportscar back in October after a conversation between David Legangneux and Yves Courage

"At the moment, Courage Competition is considering if it's possible to install the Elan engine in the back of the C60 chassis. A lot of work would be required. For example, the pumps would have to be placed differently. Compared to the Judd GV4 (3994 cc, V10, 72°), the Elan engine (5983 cc, V8, 90°) from the Panoz roadsters is bigger and heavier. Placing the Elan engine at the back of the C60 would also have an impact on the rear bodywork. The aerodynamics of a future hybrid Courage C60 would depend on the engine. Courage Compétition should finish its technical review and know if it's possible to put the Elan engine in the C60 by the end of this week."
Old 23 Dec 2004, 00:27 (Ref:1186405)   #318
racer11
Rookie

United States
florida
racer11 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
are they still allowed to run the wing interpretation between the endplate's'?
Old 23 Dec 2004, 00:42 (Ref:1186410)   #319
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think thats moreorless mandatory now isn't it?
The wing chord's been reduced, but I think the endplates have to be a minimum of something like 1000 square centimetres.
Old 24 Dec 2004, 06:38 (Ref:1187256)   #320
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
OT : see this mention between Pirenzo's two stars ?

Looks brand new to me ! It's time for a round , Mr Virtual Racing Mod !

Last edited by Fab; 24 Dec 2004 at 06:38.
Old 24 Dec 2004, 17:13 (Ref:1187553)   #321
Erw
Racer

Netherlands
Amersfoort, Holland
Erw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just got my invoice , for the tribune tickets.

But in dont understand , do i have to fax it back to them with my creditcard details , or do i have to post it?

Please help
Old 24 Dec 2004, 18:31 (Ref:1187585)   #322
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erw
Just got my invoice , for the tribune tickets.

But in dont understand , do i have to fax it back to them with my creditcard details , or do i have to post it?

Please help
Hi Erw, glad to see you liked Le Mans this year.
To confirm your booking just fax the form with your creditcard details back to the ACO booking department, the number is on your invoice.
If i am correct you have to do it within two weeks or your tickets will be gone.
Greetings
Nobster
Old 25 Dec 2004, 07:06 (Ref:1187747)   #323
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Confirmed - fax it or post it with the credit card details within the two weeks.
Old 26 Dec 2004, 11:20 (Ref:1188000)   #324
Erw
Racer

Netherlands
Amersfoort, Holland
Erw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im planning to buy this lens :
http://www.canon.co.uk/for_home/prod..._usm/index.asp
for my 300d camera, would it be good in lemans or do i need an 1.4x extender?

Thnx
Old 28 Dec 2004, 16:08 (Ref:1188893)   #325
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Any word on the possible entry list ? Updated please .... cheers