Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 28 Sep 2008, 22:23 (Ref:2299897)   #301
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
Motormouth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sylvie Mullins qualified a couple of tenths off the outright lap record but Jonathan Fildes kept him honest in the race until it was red flagged.
Race two was more of the same, great stuff, until Mullins retired and then it was Fildes against the clock, and he lapped the entire field.......
Another few laps and he would have lapped them again, I jest you not!!!
Old 29 Sep 2008, 07:35 (Ref:2300070)   #302
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
he lapped the back markers at least 3 times Leo! Only lapped the 2nd and 3rd place guys once though IIRC!

Peter, where did you go? I had the pompoms all ready for race 2 but you weren't there

Great pity about car 31 in the 2nd race - we were all disappointed with the ending of the 1st race and were looking forward to a good battle.

Also, all hail Car 31. We'd never noticed before (cos it's usually too fast!) but on the back of the car is a sign that says "Thanks Marshals"
Old 29 Sep 2008, 07:59 (Ref:2300088)   #303
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
Motormouth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPumpkin
he lapped the back markers at least 3 times Leo! Only lapped the 2nd and 3rd place guys once though IIRC!
Yeah. the Vee guys must have got dizzy allright, but what I meant was, that if the race had gone on for a few more laps, he would have lapped everyone twice, cos he was catching the battle for second for the second time when it finished!!
Old 29 Sep 2008, 11:30 (Ref:2300223)   #304
Peter Dunne
Tea Addict And Summoner Of Safety Cars
Veteran

Peter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPeter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Peter, where did you go? I had the pompoms all ready for race 2 but you weren't there
I missed you too Terri!

We decided to go early and get back to Cork at a reasonable hour which would have been fine except for Mrs. Dunne's great idea of stopping at Maccy D's in Newbridge. A word of warning to anyone foolish enough to try and park with a trailer in the postage stamp they call a car park. Don't.
Old 29 Sep 2008, 13:33 (Ref:2300353)   #305
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Well at least I caught you in the first race. Oh and blue flagged you......
Old 29 Sep 2008, 14:36 (Ref:2300389)   #306
Peter Dunne
Veteran

Peter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPeter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well at least I caught you in the first race. Oh and blue flagged you......
Considering the pace of Sylvie (your Marshal thanking hero) and Jonathan, I'm glad it was only the once
Old 29 Sep 2008, 15:28 (Ref:2300424)   #307
Jennifer_ni
Clears incidents with the POWER OF HER MIND!
Racer

Ireland
Co-Kildare
Jennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great to get talking to you yesterday Peter, sorry for almost walking past you but i wasnt sure if it was you or not, plus i was still getting my breath back after my race!
Old 29 Sep 2008, 15:32 (Ref:2300427)   #308
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
ooh which reminds me!
Attached Thumbnails
ta.JPG  
Old 29 Sep 2008, 15:43 (Ref:2300441)   #309
Peter Dunne
Veteran

Quote:
ooh which reminds me!
I thought there was only one "L" in Marshals?
Old 29 Sep 2008, 15:45 (Ref:2300443)   #310
Peter Dunne
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer_ni
Great to get talking to you yesterday Peter, sorry for almost walking past you but i wasnt sure if it was you or not, plus i was still getting my breath back after my race!
You didnt recognise me?
Old 29 Sep 2008, 19:38 (Ref:2300611)   #311
Jennifer_ni
Racer

Ireland
Co-Kildare
Jennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The last time i saw you, you had a big bag of chocie the last thing i was interested in was remembering what you looked like!!
Old 30 Sep 2008, 07:37 (Ref:2300903)   #312
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Dunne
I thought there was only one "L" in Marshals?
There is, but it's the thought that counts!
Old 30 Sep 2008, 08:10 (Ref:2300918)   #313
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
The last time i saw you, you had a big bag of chocie the last thing i was interested in was remembering what you looked like!!
Oh God, not bloody chocolate again...
Old 30 Sep 2008, 09:37 (Ref:2300963)   #314
Peter Dunne
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz
Oh God, not bloody chocolate again...
Yep. It looks like the chocolate debate is back again for the off season
Old 30 Sep 2008, 09:38 (Ref:2300965)   #315
Peter Dunne
Veteran

Quote:
Right. Thats you off my Christmas card list. Actually I dont have one, but I'll make one just so I can take you off it
Old 30 Sep 2008, 09:56 (Ref:2300978)   #316
Jennifer_ni
Racer

Ireland
Co-Kildare
Quote:
Right. Thats you off my Christmas card list. Actually I dont have one, but I'll make one just so I can take you off it
Oh thats not very nice!! Its not like i walked past you and didnt talk to you!! I stoped and talked to you for a good while!!
Old 30 Sep 2008, 10:06 (Ref:2300987)   #317
Peter Dunne
Veteran

Quote:
I stopped and talked to you for a good while!!
Yeah, until Paul wandered over looking all jealous!
Old 30 Sep 2008, 10:13 (Ref:2300990)   #318
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
He was just wondering if he could jack the suspension up on your yoke and use it for RallyX!
Old 30 Sep 2008, 13:04 (Ref:2301106)   #319
Jennifer_ni
Racer

Ireland
Co-Kildare
Quote:
Old 30 Sep 2008, 16:46 (Ref:2301240)   #320
Peter Dunne
Veteran

Ed,
I put a few of the pics I took of you HERE. It was nice to see the MD on track again. PM me your address and I can post you a disk with them on it.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 18:37 (Ref:2301339)   #321
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ah yes, Irish GT racing. Brings a tear to my glass eye...

On the subject of the two MD's built, does anyone know why they were not identical? Morgan Dempsey's was longer and flatter, more Group C-esque than the much owned one in Peter's pics.

Bit of an anorak question I know but I was always curious, since I were a lad ...I'm striking off the 'questions that have bothered me since I was a kid' and have made great progress recently on this front. This would be another one! God, how sad am I...
Old 30 Sep 2008, 20:34 (Ref:2301431)   #322
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
God, how sad am I...
The needle in the Tenths logo points to how sad you are!
Old 30 Sep 2008, 21:33 (Ref:2301481)   #323
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON
The needle in the Tenths logo points to how sad you are!
Redline eh? That ain't good!!
Old 1 Oct 2008, 13:19 (Ref:2302014)   #324
stealth1
Rookie

stealth1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Peter, I can tell you that it was indeed great to see the car STILL on the track after my little whoopsie. That pit wall flashed by twice in quick succession ... now i know what they mean by your life flashing before your eyes!
Old 1 Oct 2008, 13:46 (Ref:2302036)   #325
stealth1
Rookie

stealth1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ah yes, Irish GT racing. Brings a tear to my glass eye...

On the subject of the two MD's built, does anyone know why they were not identical? Morgan Dempsey's was longer and flatter, more Group C-esque than the much owned one in Peter's pics.

Bit of an anorak question I know but I was always curious, since I were a lad ...I'm striking off the 'questions that have bothered me since I was a kid' and have made great progress recently on this front. This would be another one! God, how sad am I...
OK Graz, would hate to get in the way of great progress, so here goes

Bodies are pretty much the same on both cars, my one was widened around the back wheels when an issue was made of the wheels protruding outside the bodywork at first. Morgans one was mounted lower on his car as he ran a rear wing initially, but then discarded it. The feeling on my car was that you would get aero effect simply by jacking the whole body up from the rear into a wedge shape, and if you look at Peter's picture of the back of my car you will see the frame that does that coming up from the back of the gearbox to under the very back of the body. There are supports on the roll cage also to prop it up in the middle ....

hope thats chalked another one off for you! feel free to ask some more now that I'm on a roll!