Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 Oct 2009, 06:31 (Ref:2569829)   #301
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good work Frosty, nice to see you back on the podium.
Old 26 Oct 2009, 08:50 (Ref:2569884)   #302
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here Here, Kingair - Solid job all weekend.

I for one was just as ****ed off as most at the farce of a race end (Leg B), but this man got his head down and just drove - All with the residual of glandular fever.

Bloody good job, young man!
Old 26 Oct 2009, 09:08 (Ref:2569891)   #303
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
Thats fine, its been decided a racing incident now.

Memo to #3 and #51, get along side #1, then turn into him, ending his race. Completely legal. Do it every race so he loses the championship.

THEN we'll see an uproar (but not warranted, since its the A pillar, its legal )

Old 26 Oct 2009, 09:18 (Ref:2569896)   #304
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfunction Junction View Post
Isn't that what the failed F1 driver needs?
Old 26 Oct 2009, 11:07 (Ref:2569973)   #305
Datto1600
Rookie

Australia
Toowoomba Qld
Datto1600 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The problem being, the rules are interpreted differently depending on which driver is on the receiving end of the 'hit'
And there is the major cause of all the crap that is going on.
Old 27 Oct 2009, 00:20 (Ref:2570427)   #306
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I can't believe the turn this thread has taken... It's quite simple...

Whincup saw a gap and went for it like a proper racing driver should. Bargwanna (possibly still harbouring a slight grudge from Bathurst, and some serious frustration after Leg 1 - again, like any normal racing driver), refused to give up the position and tried to drive around the outside, or squeeze Whincup or whatever... An admirable, but ultimately flawed concept...

Whincup was not out of control, did not slide into Bargwanna and was always going to make the corner...

BUT, IT WAS A RACING INCIDENT!!!

Would you prefer drivers just followed each other around nose-to-tail all race!?!?
Old 27 Oct 2009, 01:31 (Ref:2570455)   #307
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ha ha... I've been there a squillion times and don't need your expert analysis.

I seem to recall a couple of laps later, a driver doing exactly as I suggested - can't remember who it was, but I remember thinking... "if only Bargs had done that"...

I repeat... IT WAS A RACING INCIDENT - Whincup having a crack, Bargs refusing to budge...

You know... racing...?
Old 27 Oct 2009, 01:41 (Ref:2570457)   #308
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac View Post
I can't believe the turn this thread has taken... It's quite simple...

Whincup saw a gap and went for it like a proper racing driver should. Bargwanna (possibly still harbouring a slight grudge from Bathurst, and some serious frustration after Leg 1 - again, like any normal racing driver), refused to give up the position and tried to drive around the outside, or squeeze Whincup or whatever... An admirable, but ultimately flawed concept...

Whincup was not out of control, did not slide into Bargwanna and was always going to make the corner...

BUT, IT WAS A RACING INCIDENT!!!

Would you prefer drivers just followed each other around nose-to-tail all race!?!?
Yeah, agreed.

As racing incidents go, this was one of the more text book calls. Both fighting for their own space for a part of the track that doesn't accommodate two cars very well.
Old 27 Oct 2009, 02:57 (Ref:2570482)   #309
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSbaby View Post
Yeah, agreed.

As racing incidents go, this was one of the more text book calls. Both fighting for their own space for a part of the track that doesn't accommodate two cars very well.
The rules stated the move has to be done cleanly. I don't think bargs in the wall was clean.

Like i said previously, i'm happy the line has been drawn now. I REALLY hope #3 and #51 read that its a racing incident, and racing incident the **** out of T8 for the rest of the season
Old 27 Oct 2009, 03:10 (Ref:2570483)   #310
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The rules stated the move has to be done cleanly. I don't think bargs in the wall was clean.

Like i said previously, i'm happy the line has been drawn now. I REALLY hope #3 and #51 read that its a racing incident, and racing incident the **** out of T8 for the rest of the season
Stealthy...you do raise an interesting point regarding Whincups forceful driving technique ...kind of like we all thought of the myth that hung over Rusty's head...

Is he now the new Eliminator/Assassin.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 27 Oct 2009, 03:24 (Ref:2570493)   #311
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
Stealthy...you do raise an interesting point regarding Whincups forceful driving technique ...kind of like we all thought of the myth that hung over Rusty's head...

Is he now the new Eliminator/Assassin.
I don't think rusty has lost it just yet
Old 27 Oct 2009, 03:33 (Ref:2570494)   #312
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I don't think rusty has lost it just yet
I thought when the Mrs give him the big woman hug I saw a tear in his left eye...

...or was that gas from Ricko's intlet pipe...

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 27 Oct 2009, 03:35 (Ref:2570495)   #313
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
I thought when the Mrs give him the big woman hug I saw a tear in his left eye...

...or was that gas from Ricko's intlet pipe...
I think that was more of a 'damn i hope i dont get locked up for what i'm gonna do next race'
Old 27 Oct 2009, 05:05 (Ref:2570521)   #314
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
Quote:

Was Whincup forceful. Yes, but not overly so.
Should Bargs have yielded (the pass was on, IMO)? Yes, if he wanted to guarantee himself of a finish.
Could the track accommodate two at the chicane? No, definitely not.

Therefore there was only room for one car. Two into one usually ends in tears. Racing incident.

The fact that Bargs chose not to yield determinded his fate prematurely. Whincup took a major risk as well and you could hardly blame him for taking the chance when he did, though he could also be considered rather lucky he didn't greet the wall or damage his car from the contact. Clearly Whincup had more to lose as a result of the contact.

It will be debated until the cows come home but I'm a firm believer that if the other car is quicker than you... there is only so much you can do to stay in front before you decide that the best thing to do is yield. It's just knowing when is the best time to do it, is the key...
Old 27 Oct 2009, 06:16 (Ref:2570540)   #315
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
I'm a firm believer that if the other car is quicker than you... there is only so much you can do to stay in front before you decide that the best thing to do is yield. It's just knowing when is the best time to do it, is the key...
Hear that 90% of pit lane, don't bother showing up

I guess its clear why SSbaby doesn't run the show (although i doubt his 1 car race would be any worse than the show TC put on this weekend)

I'm a firm believer in karma. I sure hope Whincup is repayed.
Old 27 Oct 2009, 10:17 (Ref:2570630)   #316
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Frosty's Illness revealed...

Doesnt look well in the pic at all!
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 27 Oct 2009, 10:42 (Ref:2570646)   #317
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr Winterbottom showed a helluva lot of ticker. Bloody top effort under the circumstances.

It's even more amazing to think that under medical duress, he didn't put a scratch on his car, nor touched any other car in the field.

Me thinks there are one or two people in the paddock to could take notice of both his efforts and the way he handled himself both on and off the track.
Old 27 Oct 2009, 22:57 (Ref:2571054)   #318
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Hear that 90% of pit lane, don't bother showing up

I guess its clear why SSbaby doesn't run the show (although i doubt his 1 car race would be any worse than the show TC put on this weekend)

I'm a firm believer in karma. I sure hope Whincup is repayed.
Come on, it's dead set boring when one driver keeps blocking (not saying that Bargwanna did this) but when one car is significantly slower, it's only 'right' to let them through, especially so given that Bargwanna wasn't in contention for the outright win or the championship. A bit of 'respect' could have been shown to Whincup given his need to accumulate points, IMO. I'm not saying Bargs should have lied down, but he could also have avoided contact if he wanted to.

Anyway, it's a polarizing subject that will have fans agreeing to disagree. Can't wait for the championship decider. Bring it on.
Old 27 Oct 2009, 23:53 (Ref:2571068)   #319
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The more uncivil parts of the discussion have now been removed, back to the subject please.
Old 27 Oct 2009, 23:55 (Ref:2571069)   #320
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
Btw, I think the contact between Bargs and Whincup at Surfers had a lot to do with the incident at Bathurst when the two had their 'first' coming together late in the race.

It was probably next to impossible for Bargs to forgive Whincup given the circumstances...
Old 27 Oct 2009, 23:59 (Ref:2571070)   #321
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think the move was very marginal, I do not believe he would have made the corner had he not hit Bargs, at the VERY least he was going to drift wide, which was essentially why Bargs ended up in the wall. It is the overtaking driver's responsibility to make the pass cleanly after all. I also think his move at Bathurst was not on.

Anyway it seems Whincup is a protected species, 3 times this year he's taken people out and its not been looked at.

I wouldn't want to be fighting for a championship with Bargs behind me, payback's a *****.

Not that Bargs is that kind of guy, but if it was me, it would be worth a drive through!
Old 28 Oct 2009, 00:28 (Ref:2571078)   #322
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
Judge for yourself. It's clear to me Bargs was caught napping...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lAAT3X_NHo

Mods, please remove if link added is against forum rules.
Old 28 Oct 2009, 01:45 (Ref:2571110)   #323
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
If you want to go over it here it is in stop motion and roughly at 'normal speed'...

Old 28 Oct 2009, 02:28 (Ref:2571121)   #324
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Come on, it's dead set boring when one driver keeps blocking (not saying that Bargwanna did this) but when one car is significantly slower, it's only 'right' to let them through, especially so given that Bargwanna wasn't in contention for the outright win or the championship. A bit of 'respect' could have been shown to Whincup given his need to accumulate points, IMO. I'm not saying Bargs should have lied down, but he could also have avoided contact if he wanted to.

Anyway, it's a polarizing subject that will have fans agreeing to disagree. Can't wait for the championship decider. Bring it on.
I have to strongly disagree. I've always said whincup struggles in traffic, and this proves it. Who gives a rates if he's fighting for the championship. Part f winning that championship is being the best at overtaking cleanly.

Sounds like you have the opinion ambrose did, 'tell him to move, we have a championship to win'.
A position is a position. Bargs shouldn't have to give one up just because the guy behind wants some points. Seems some fans here have gone soft.
Old 28 Oct 2009, 02:46 (Ref:2571123)   #325
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
I have to strongly disagree. I've always said whincup struggles in traffic, and this proves it. Who gives a rates if he's fighting for the championship. Part f winning that championship is being the best at overtaking cleanly.

Sounds like you have the opinion ambrose did, 'tell him to move, we have a championship to win'.
A position is a position. Bargs shouldn't have to give one up just because the guy behind wants some points. Seems some fans here have gone soft.
I haven't gone soft at all... I hate Ford winning as much as any Holden lover... but what I have done is taken the emotion out of my judgement call as I normally do.

Have a look at the footage and tell me that Bargs isn't impeded by the car in front! Whincup snuck up the inside and just touched Bargs at the apex. It wasn't a big impact but it was enough for Bargs to run out of room and it was actually the blue car, not Whincup, that managed to assist him into the wall.

Rubbin's racing as they say.

I still think you are venting because of the Bathurst incident between the two. For that, I haven't forgiven Whincup either!