Old 30 Mar 2014, 04:55 (Ref:3386339)   #301
pigs fly
Racer

Australia
327VOR 23DME BNE
pigs fly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Newns View Post
I'm sure we all wish you the best possible news on Wednesday, Shelagh.
Ditto x 2
Old 31 Mar 2014, 11:43 (Ref:3387019)   #302
SouthportFC Fan
Racer

Wales
Southport
SouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Keep up your usual PMA. See you a week on Saturday. I'm coming fully prepared to fight my corner wrt 15 v 13 !!!
Old 3 Apr 2014, 07:55 (Ref:3388183)   #303
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Best news: Consultant told me I have nothing to worry about - at least where my left boob is concerned!

I will obviously have to continue with the treatments I'm already on but otherwise everything is fine.

The only downside is that I now won't be able to get "falsies" in different sizes, so I won't be able to have "Dolly Parton/Jordan days"
Old 3 Apr 2014, 09:35 (Ref:3388209)   #304
SouthportFC Fan
Racer

Wales
Southport
SouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why would you want an extremely irritating Irishman on your chest ???
Old 3 Apr 2014, 09:44 (Ref:3388212)   #305
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent news. Now relax and enjoy the wedding.
Old 25 Apr 2014, 08:40 (Ref:3398039)   #306
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Treatment (6x Herceptin) recommences 14th May - every 3 weeks but this time a 5 minute injection rather than 1 and a half hour infusion. I still don't like needles despite having done my own while on chemo. I am still Bill's (that's my husband) BBG - Big Brave Girl. So knowing that Herceptin doesn't suit me, yet another year of doing nowt in marshalling terms, but still happy to be "Pitlane Hooter"!
Old 25 Apr 2014, 08:43 (Ref:3398040)   #307
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelagh View Post
Come on, folks. I've nearly reached 30,000 views!

If I do, I expect all of you to donate at least £1.00 to MacMillan (or similar charity depending on country).

Go For It. That collecting box in the pub/shop. They're green. And, no, I'm not employed by them.
Did you?
Old 25 Apr 2014, 15:20 (Ref:3398154)   #308
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bought my daffodil pin from the Canadian Cancer Society box earlier this week and thought of you, Shelagh.
keke
Old 31 May 2014, 05:56 (Ref:3413028)   #309
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
BEST NEWS (for some of us):

After reacting so badly to the resumption of the Herceptin treatment on 14th May (2 nights in hospital) I got an earlier appointment with the Oncologist and, as no reason given for continuing, I don't have to carry on with treatment!!!!

So, and this is the bad news for you, once I shift this lot out of my system - we can think about marshalling again! But we may wait until next year. Still got to get "being married" under my belt and stop showing off the ring/photos!

We have got two events lined up: test day for Formula Student and Bill is the bar steward (sorry, club steward) at Curborough in September. Otherwise, thank you ITV and SkyF1 and MotorsTV.

And if someone can arrange a palatial caravan et al, I would still like to do Le Mans again. Ah, the fairy dust has disappeared!
Old 5 Jun 2014, 11:12 (Ref:3415682)   #310
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Just had the most awful two days with high temperature and, erm - visiting the toilet, and feeling like that through and through!

Much better today so hope MIRA trip will be on.

So hang onto your tyre walls, folks. I may be back!
Old 5 Jun 2014, 13:29 (Ref:3415732)   #311
SouthportFC Fan
Racer

Wales
Southport
You never went away !!!
Old 5 Jun 2014, 21:23 (Ref:3415936)   #312
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
So hang onto your tyre walls, folks. I may be back!
Is that rhyming slang?
Old 5 Jun 2014, 22:09 (Ref:3415950)   #313
pigs fly
Racer

Australia
327VOR 23DME BNE
pigs fly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No not slang or threat but a promise that everyone who knows Shelagh will be glad to see come true, I just wont be there see it but good luck &best wishes.
Old 6 Jun 2014, 12:30 (Ref:3416165)   #314
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigs fly View Post
No not slang or threat but a promise that everyone who knows Shelagh will be glad to see come true, I just wont be there see it but good luck &best wishes.
Sorry, I missed the big smiley, but I know Shelagh knows my sense of humour.
Old 6 Jun 2014, 15:34 (Ref:3416220)   #315
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
but I know Shelagh knows my sense of humour.
So do I! Tyre walls . . .
Old 6 Jun 2014, 19:34 (Ref:3416321)   #316
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
Is that rhyming slang?
With our without smiley, how can you suggest that to a newly married woman? (or have I got the slang wrong?)
Old 7 Jun 2014, 07:56 (Ref:3416472)   #317
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Despite the errant "u" (blame that on being married, everything is "our"s), I posted that reply to try and appear blasé. What I should admit to is not realising that what I'd written could be interpreted more than literally. Does that take away from my cleverness?

(Us old folk need time to work things out which is why I only now really get it, so thanks EP for singling me out on that header bit!)

And Mr Woolley needs to wash his mind out with soap!
Old 23 Jun 2014, 08:25 (Ref:3425260)   #318
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Last update for this thread (so it can be closed down):

Now Mrs T no longer has to undergo treatment and the previous one is more or less out of the system (some very bad days as it worked its way through), we (Mr & Mrs T) are hoping to see some or all of you as the season progresses.

No promises (!) but very hopeful. I hate not being well!
Old 23 Jun 2014, 12:53 (Ref:3425389)   #319
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Fantastic news. I'll leave the thread for a while as I have no doubt there'll be others who wish to comment, but in the nicest way I'll never have been happier to close a thread!

Hopefully we'll see you around very soon.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 15:01 (Ref:3425440)   #320
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't know you, Shelagh, but I wish you well for many years to come.

And to Mr Woolley, may I suggest that when and if you do close this thread that you pin it (or whatever the term is) at the top as, having read the whole thread, Shelagh's fighting spirit has shone through like a search-light, and she is an inspiration to those who find themselves in the same unfortunate circumstances.

My daughter-in-law is at this very moment recovering in an ICU after just having her third planned cancer operation, and Shelagh's attitude has made me reconsider my own attitude to there being a positive outlook for my d-in-l.

Thank you Shelagh, and as Dave Allan would say, may your gods go with you.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 15:14 (Ref:3425450)   #321
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good on yer girl.

Jim
Old 23 Jun 2014, 16:41 (Ref:3425482)   #322
Joyce George
Veteran

England
South Lincolnshire
Joyce George should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shelagh - you have given inspiration to a lady you have never met! One of my best customers has just come in with the baseball cap covering the head, and is in the middle of chemo. I said I knew a lovely lady who had gone through it all and emerged the other side still smiling. . She was so happy and re-assured to know there could be light at the end of the tunnel. is it OK if I show her some of your entries on here to encourage her? If you & Bill want to come to any of the CSCC meetings at Oulton, Anglesey or Donington, you are more than welcome to use our caravan for a siesta if necessary.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 17:06 (Ref:3425493)   #323
Paul Newns
Veteran

Paul Newns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad to hear your good news, Shelagh. Hope to see you both at Oulton or somewhere soon.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 18:26 (Ref:3425517)   #324
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce George View Post
Shelagh - you have given inspiration to a lady you have never met! One of my best customers has just come in with the baseball cap covering the head, and is in the middle of chemo. I said I knew a lovely lady who had gone through it all and emerged the other side still smiling. . She was so happy and re-assured to know there could be light at the end of the tunnel. is it OK if I show her some of your entries on here to encourage her? If you & Bill want to come to any of the CSCC meetings at Oulton, Anglesey or Donington, you are more than welcome to use our caravan for a siesta if necessary.
Joyce: Please use whatever you want. Not sure about the "lovely lady" bit but if it helps!

Mike Harte: Thank you!

I never ended up in ICU, just a hospital bed on a few occasions. I have been through it all twice now - but the hair came back curly both times!

I don't feel like "an inspiration" to anybody - you just get on with it - what other choice do you have? Couldn't have done it without Bill, though! And his reward - getting married. Never mind!

Silverstone and Oulton are on the cards. Along with the wedding album !
Old 23 Jun 2014, 19:36 (Ref:3425558)   #325
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Mike Harte: Thank you!

I never ended up in ICU, just a hospital bed on a few occasions. I have been through it all twice now - but the hair came back curly both times!

I don't feel like "an inspiration" to anybody - you just get on with it - what other choice do you have? Couldn't have done it without Bill, though! And his reward - getting married. Never mind!
Au contraire, Shelagh, it's thank you.

I started reading this thread a little earlier this year (the title drew me in), and it changed my whole perception about the big C, and people afflicted by it.

My d-in-l's problems only manifested themselves during the latter part of last year, at which time she was diagnosed as being at stage 4, since when she has undergone intensive chemo, followed by the 3 operations since March. I found it very difficult to find any positives in what was being done, but as I said before, your attitude has turned me right around.

Again, thank you.