Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Jan 2014, 17:42 (Ref:3360606)   #301
Scooter185
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Scooter185 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For my fellow tweeps I think in light of the noses on these cars, #CarpePhallum should be a season long hash tag
Old 27 Jan 2014, 17:44 (Ref:3360607)   #302
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
They could have so easily have solved this hideous nose "problem" by stating in the technical regs that the end of the nose has to be the attaching point for the front wing.
Old 27 Jan 2014, 17:48 (Ref:3360609)   #303
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hahaha guess you were right Bella! This is getting ridiculous!

So far I like the Lotus best actually, at least it's a solution you didn't expect.
Old 27 Jan 2014, 17:53 (Ref:3360611)   #304
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Ok, I shall now not be able to watch this season without thinking of Towwo Wosso and Blessed are the Big Noses. Wolf's Nipple Chips, get 'em while they're 'ot, they're lovely.
Old 27 Jan 2014, 18:08 (Ref:3360615)   #305
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You know it's getting bad when Ann Summers officially join in...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Summers Twitter
So it looks like Toro Rosso have taken inspiration from our sex toy collections #collaborationopportunity
Old 27 Jan 2014, 18:09 (Ref:3360617)   #306
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And these nose are supposed to be better when intruding another car? No way, I can see a rule change during the season on the grounds of safety coming
Old 27 Jan 2014, 18:17 (Ref:3360619)   #307
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80 View Post
And these nose are supposed to be better when intruding another car? No way, I can see a rule change during the season on the grounds of safety coming
I can see a rule change on the grounds of "safety", yes..
Old 27 Jan 2014, 18:28 (Ref:3360625)   #308
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Looks more like a battering ram, or maybe a rhino horn
Old 27 Jan 2014, 18:30 (Ref:3360626)   #309
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregc View Post
You know it's getting bad when Ann Summers officially join in...

Old 27 Jan 2014, 18:48 (Ref:3360638)   #310
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
What twerp is responsible for the Torro Rosso

For heavens sake, is that the best they could do !
Old 27 Jan 2014, 19:17 (Ref:3360648)   #311
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
What twerp is responsible for the Torro Rosso

For heavens sake, is that the best they could do !
They used their 'Key' to unlock that design.
Old 27 Jan 2014, 19:19 (Ref:3360649)   #312
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My god... that STR needs to put its underpants back on. It's positively obscene.

More cries of castration [sorry I meant castigation] from team bosses.
Old 27 Jan 2014, 19:22 (Ref:3360651)   #313
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i don't know how whoever's responsible for cleaning the front bodywork is going to be able to polish that with a straight face. dear god. it gets funnier the more you look at it.
Old 27 Jan 2014, 19:25 (Ref:3360653)   #314
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i don't know how whoever's responsible for cleaning the front bodywork is going to be able to polish that with a straight face. dear god. it gets funnier the more you look at it.
Hopefully it doesn't change shape during the polishing...
Old 27 Jan 2014, 19:26 (Ref:3360654)   #315
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Maybe its designed to fit into the new larger exhausts.
Old 27 Jan 2014, 19:47 (Ref:3360660)   #316
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
When a regulation is written in terms of twaddle the most effective way to create motivation to change is to interpret it in the same vane it is written.

By producing noses that are questionable, whether in terms of safety or getting under peoples pride and skin about their attractiveness, you create a climate of change....
So yes a change in the wording before 2015 is likely.

Whatever they do, fiddling the way they are over aerodynamics is still not dealing with the root of the problem. That is what lies at the bottom of the whole mess.
Old 27 Jan 2014, 19:51 (Ref:3360661)   #317
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
If these cars are pressed into action we'll be on here trying to step through a bunch of Carry On double entres whilst trying to discuss the race action , meanwhile they'll have to slap an 18 plus warning label and broadcast it after the watershed or else fathers everywhere will be straining to cover the eyes of their kids when the GP comes on.

I don't particularly mind the Sauber I don't think but the STR just looks flat out ludicrous. You'd think there would eventually come a point where the marketing crew would just step in and say flat out say 'No! Don't care how fast...um..that makes it - NO'.

Wait'll we see Eccelstone's view:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR2-xA8TXxQ
Old 27 Jan 2014, 20:03 (Ref:3360663)   #318
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
The ugly noses are a ploy to distract from the apparent lack of sponsorship signage on most of the cars.
Old 27 Jan 2014, 20:04 (Ref:3360665)   #319
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregc View Post

Old 27 Jan 2014, 20:18 (Ref:3360693)   #320
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I know it's already been said but my wife just pointed out that a rear ending from these would be... Er... Sorry, I'm laughing.
Old 27 Jan 2014, 20:28 (Ref:3360701)   #321
TimRTC
Racer

TimRTC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For pre-watershed races:

https://twitter.com/TIMRTC/status/42...899456/photo/1
Old 27 Jan 2014, 21:09 (Ref:3360734)   #322
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
People should be more horrified about the lack of sponsors than the Johnson noses.

Although these noses are pretty much symbolic for the current quality of the sport.
Old 27 Jan 2014, 21:34 (Ref:3360742)   #323
Zico
Racer

Zico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This thread is too funny! Maybe I have issues but I've always thought of cars in a feminine sense.. to be admired for their beauty, to be used, abused and ridden hard & fast... but now with all these phalic noses I'm having to re-evaluate my viewpoint somewhat. Maybe they can even things up a little by adding some labial aero vortex generating lips to the exhaust exit hole in the bodywork?
Old 27 Jan 2014, 21:43 (Ref:3360746)   #324
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know why but these cars keep reminding me of this guitar...
Old 27 Jan 2014, 23:10 (Ref:3360786)   #325
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
well tomorrow should certainly be interesting....

Wonder whether these phallic noses will show Newey it's finally time to leave