Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 10 Feb 2015, 12:48 (Ref:3503648)   #301
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Zef, ring Robin Longdon. I will PM you his number. His company have made me drive shafts, stub axels ect.
Old 11 Feb 2015, 14:41 (Ref:3503995)   #302
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I brought one of those fans that sit on top of the wood burning stove, brilliant !!!!!!!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 11 Feb 2015, 15:00 (Ref:3503999)   #303
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where did you bring it from?
Old 11 Feb 2015, 16:12 (Ref:3504011)   #304
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence View Post
Where did you bring it from?
I "brung" it off of Ebay
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 11 Feb 2015, 16:18 (Ref:3504015)   #305
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Help! why can I not download Adobe flash flayer to windows 8, do not need it TumX Tom Tom will not update without it
Old 11 Feb 2015, 17:21 (Ref:3504028)   #306
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by p261brm View Post
Help! why can I not download Adobe flash flayer to windows 8, do not need it TumX Tom Tom will not update without it
Are you downloading a 32 or 64 bit ?
Old 11 Feb 2015, 20:07 (Ref:3504071)   #307
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I do wish you luck, because I also suffer from having an enlarged prostate which seems to be one of causes of frequent trips to the loo. After a few years of this and taking medication to ease the problem, my GP and I have come to the sad conclusion that the best way to treat the problem is to severely limit liquid intake in the afternoons, and have none after about 6 o'clock in the evening.
Limiting what I drink after mid afternoon never makes any difference with me, in fact it often makes it worse plus there are other serious side effects of lack of fluids such as death.
Old 11 Feb 2015, 20:34 (Ref:3504076)   #308
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Are you downloading a 32 or 64 bit ?
32 bit, whatever that means
Old 11 Feb 2015, 21:02 (Ref:3504080)   #309
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Although a 32 bit should work on a 64 bit O/S it doesn't always depending on how Windows 8 was set up on your computer and if it is a 64 ?. Try downloading the 64 bit version.
Old 11 Feb 2015, 21:34 (Ref:3504094)   #310
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Which browser are you using?

Firefox, having updated Flash player the day before due to concerns about security of the Player, the next day refused to get it suggesting it was too dangerous as a security risk.

I think the Flash developers were having a series of bad days trying to bring the product up to a reasonably secure specification.

On the other hand it crashes so often in Firefox (due to badly created adverts mostly I think) that Flash is hardly a product to be recommended despite its attempts at Global Domination.
Old 12 Feb 2015, 11:26 (Ref:3504234)   #311
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2014 GP2 Champion Jolyon Palmer and I went to the same school in Surrey. He clearly learned a great deal from the example I set some 43 years earlier. So, with a great deal of thanks to Midgetman for the helmet, here are the Old Cranleighan's racing colours!
Attached Thumbnails
2015 racing colours 001.jpg   2015 racing colours 002.jpg  
Old 12 Feb 2015, 12:18 (Ref:3504241)   #312
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Blimey, you've been busy M. le Comte! Is that paint or decals?
Old 12 Feb 2015, 14:53 (Ref:3504266)   #313
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Which browser are you using?

Firefox, having updated Flash player the day before due to concerns about security of the Player, the next day refused to get it suggesting it was too dangerous as a security risk.

I think the Flash developers were having a series of bad days trying to bring the product up to a reasonably secure specification.

On the other hand it crashes so often in Firefox (due to badly created adverts mostly I think) that Flash is hardly a product to be recommended despite its attempts at Global Domination.
Also cheers to Gordon for his input

Security is a problem, even turning off anti virus and anti everything else no joy, using Explorer 12, tried using Chrome, all that produced was adverts from brussel sprouts to some one called Ellie, who was seeking her one and only, and Mrs P261 was not amused at that.
Old 12 Feb 2015, 20:10 (Ref:3504349)   #314
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The fact that you've received unsolicited ads after installing Chrome makes me think that your computer has been compromised with malware.

Try installing Malwarebytes Free from www.malwarebytes.org - go to Downloads - Products - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free

Download the software and reject any free trials of the full version etc. Let the system update itself and run a scan (it will take 10-30 minutes, maybe more). The chances are it will find a number of problems. Follow its advice regarding removal/quarantine of the problems it's found, then do a reboot.

Hopefully you'll see an improvement...
Old 13 Feb 2015, 07:06 (Ref:3504458)   #315
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Nick JM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=GORDON STREETER;3503995]I brought one of those fans that sit on top of the wood burning stove, brilliant !!!!!!![/QUOTE

I'm surprised that's legal...don't they get too hot sitting on there
Old 13 Feb 2015, 07:40 (Ref:3504463)   #316
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
2014 GP2 Champion Jolyon Palmer and I went to the same school in Surrey. He clearly learned a great deal from the example I set some 43 years earlier. So, with a great deal of thanks to Midgetman for the helmet, here are the Old Cranleighan's racing colours!

Very cool.....Another OC....I spent many happy years in that green valley in Surrey...left in 1989.
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 13 Feb 2015, 08:39 (Ref:3504471)   #317
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick JM View Post
Quote:
I brought one of those fans that sit on top of the wood burning stove, brilliant !!!!!!!
I'm surprised that's legal...don't they get too hot sitting on there
I know a lot of hot assed women !
Old 13 Feb 2015, 15:08 (Ref:3504574)   #318
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
Quote:
I know a lot of hot assed women !
Yeah, so do I now, and all I wanted to do was update Tom Tom
Old 13 Feb 2015, 16:00 (Ref:3504597)   #319
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have they changed the road system over there?
Changes are starting to be announced over here now.No more free spectating at Brunchen, Pflantz Garten and Schwalben Schwantz, €5 per day per car."Its a business that has to make money"!!!!
I can think of other ways for the profits to be higher!
Old 13 Feb 2015, 18:46 (Ref:3504630)   #320
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Crikey.

Fast worker!
Old 13 Feb 2015, 18:48 (Ref:3504631)   #321
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by terence View Post
Have they changed the road system over there?
Changes are starting to be announced over here now.No more free spectating at Brunchen, Pflantz Garten and Schwalben Schwantz, €5 per day per car."Its a business that has to make money"!!!!
I can think of other ways for the profits to be higher!
Bean counters in charge?
Old 13 Feb 2015, 19:33 (Ref:3504649)   #322
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Oh the joys of the internet !!!!
Old 13 Feb 2015, 19:40 (Ref:3504653)   #323
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Blimey, you've been busy M. le Comte! Is that paint or decals?
Decals. Looks good, n'est pas?
Old 13 Feb 2015, 19:44 (Ref:3504655)   #324
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Very cool.....Another OC....I spent many happy years in that green valley in Surrey...left in 1989.
Top man!
Old 13 Feb 2015, 20:27 (Ref:3504682)   #325
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

You do realise, Compte, that you more than likely left the ... place of education and life schooling ... some years before young 356sc was born?

The "valley" was possibly much changed in the interim period.

I will miss the sophistication of your red and silver head protection.

(I am loathe to use the word helmet in this regard lest the 21st century internet monitors record negative thoughts about me due to current, alleged, sensitivities of "thought process" compared to the times of freedom one experienced in our youth, Youth.)
Closed Thread