Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 2 Feb 2003, 13:54 (Ref:493778)   #301
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, I'm happy to give Olly a cheer. The longer you can get in France the better, IMO. Lovely place (innit Fab? )
Old 2 Feb 2003, 20:27 (Ref:494075)   #302
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Absolutely, We spend from Wednesday night until Monday night in France. If I could spend longer I would. The atmosphere builds from the moment you arrive in the campsite. If you dont turn up until Saturday you definately do not get the full show. Thursday night qualifying is great. We usuallly set up a Barbie on the Porsche Curves and just chill out. This is what make LeMans so special. Friday is spent wandering the pits or just relaxing over a bottle or two of wine, but it all helps build the unique feeling as 4pm Saturday approaches. If you go once, you will always go - if not you are not a true fan of pure motorsport(IMHO)

Last edited by Mal; 2 Feb 2003 at 20:28.
Old 4 Feb 2003, 09:03 (Ref:495814)   #303
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Reading about the plans of you guys going for the week has got me really green with envy. The first 2 years I went I was able to camp for the week with some guys I knew and it really made the build up special. We were camped in Maison Blanche and I will never forget that first car going past at about 7.05pm on Wednesday evening. I was hooked immediately! For obvious reasons, (see the 'Introducing' thread) this year is another weekend coach trip but maybe next year I will go for longer again.
Old 4 Feb 2003, 10:22 (Ref:495845)   #304
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
agreed. first few years i went it was purely an arrive mid-day saturday exercise. last few years i've managed to enlarge it to a trip to pq and a wednesday early evening arrival. now i'm working on a trip for a week to take in scrutineering...

my favourite early doors moment was at pq in 2001...just arrived to see the cars queued at the end of the pitlane at 8.59am. ayse ought to try it one day...eh fab?!
Old 4 Feb 2003, 11:14 (Ref:495887)   #305
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
maybe next year I will go for longer again
My children are 4 and 2 and this is the first year I have gone back to the full trip - good luck with your negotiations!
Old 4 Feb 2003, 11:59 (Ref:495929)   #306
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not a problem at the Nordic household, leave the missus with our twin girls aged 2 without a question!
leave thursday morn back monday evening and all she wants is a bottle of Baileys.
Old 5 Feb 2003, 05:57 (Ref:496928)   #307
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
agreed. first few years i went it was purely an arrive mid-day saturday exercise. last few years i've managed to enlarge it to a trip to pq and a wednesday early evening arrival. now i'm working on a trip for a week to take in scrutineering...

my favourite early doors moment was at pq in 2001...just arrived to see the cars queued at the end of the pitlane at 8.59am. ayse ought to try it one day...eh fab?!
You bet !

I usualy come early enough at PQ day to hear (just hear !) the first engine start in the pitlane... oh Gosh, all the heads are turning the same way, and the LM season start here ! Ayse, be reasonable : you just can't... miss it !

Ker, let's have a rendez-vous for the first 'café' of the day - usualy chilly -, and apppreciate the opening of the pitlane... mmmmmmm

Last edited by Fab; 5 Feb 2003 at 05:59.
Old 5 Feb 2003, 07:36 (Ref:496975)   #308
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Despite the lack of variety I think this year is beginning to look quite good. It is certainly not a predictable as the last few ad if allowed we could see quite a battle between the Bentleys and the Private Audis.
There are some very formidable driver line ups including some real fast racers. The first few laps especially will be exciting. Roll on June!
Old 6 Feb 2003, 10:05 (Ref:498215)   #309
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
fab....you've got a deal!
Old 6 Feb 2003, 15:58 (Ref:498591)   #310
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
fab....you've got a deal!
(I'll say 'café' !)...

Ayse, do you think you could stand to stay away from this ?!?
Old 6 Feb 2003, 18:05 (Ref:498704)   #311
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
(I'll say 'café' !)...

Ayse, do you think you could stand to stay away from this ?!?

I'd love to be there Fab, but sadly, for me, it is simply impossible.
Old 7 Feb 2003, 12:43 (Ref:499371)   #312
kdr
Veteran

saturday evening just say you're nipping out for wine and chocolates...you'll be back home for supper on sunday!
Old 7 Feb 2003, 12:55 (Ref:499389)   #313
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Nice idea! But after both Le Mans and the Classic in 2002, I know just how far to bush the boat out!
Old 8 Feb 2003, 09:14 (Ref:500377)   #314
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Ayse, we'll try to give you news live from the track this sunday, by the phone... BTW, did you get my SMS last thirsday (from 'center of the world, well sportscarworld I mean !)...
Old 8 Feb 2003, 10:56 (Ref:500445)   #315
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I certainly did get your message Fab - does that mean you didnt get my reply?
Old 11 Feb 2003, 12:01 (Ref:503235)   #316
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
does that mean you didnt get my reply?
No I did'nt :confused: I don't know why...
Old 14 Feb 2003, 06:21 (Ref:506118)   #317
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
David Legangneux was on LM track yesterday :
http://www.spiritof.com.fr/spirit%20...ctu0103.htm#En direct
There's no picture, I'll resume the french text for you : Pescarolo testes with 2003 restrictors, and regular stints by Nazamax team, without any problem (convincing performances)... the track was cold (0°C,) but dry.

Some nice pics too like :
http://www.spiritof.com.fr/spirit%20..._usa_dayt3.jpg
from the already forgotten Daytona race...

Last edited by Fab; 14 Feb 2003 at 06:26.
Old 14 Feb 2003, 07:58 (Ref:506181)   #318
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I don't know why you can't get my texts Fab but I can get yours. We didn't have any trouble at Le Mans in September, did we? Perhaps someone who knows about these things can answer that one?

Last edited by Aysedasi; 14 Feb 2003 at 07:59.
Old 14 Feb 2003, 09:04 (Ref:506218)   #319
rlinter
Racer

rlinter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think I can help you there Ayse... When you were in france the messages were handled by the local network thus it worked.

However as you are now trying international links they may or may not work depending on your home network. I would suggest you call them or try sending a sms via a friend phone on another network.
Old 14 Feb 2003, 12:01 (Ref:506370)   #320
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Thanks mate, I guessed it was something like that. We'll just have to save our banter for here, e-mail and, of course, June 2003

Last edited by Aysedasi; 14 Feb 2003 at 12:02.
Old 14 Feb 2003, 16:23 (Ref:506623)   #321
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Thanks mate, I guessed it was something like that. We'll just have to save our banter for here, e-mail and, of course, June 2003
I noticed you had problems to answer... I've got no problem to send and get sms from german friends... but I intialy did : just call your network, it could be a problem of Sim card (well, it was for me)...

For the banter : I still can send sms to you, especialy from... THE place !
Old 14 Feb 2003, 16:24 (Ref:506624)   #322
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
And I very much appreciate the thought, my friend.
Old 15 Feb 2003, 22:43 (Ref:508024)   #323
Sean Crockett
Racer

Wales
South Wales (UK)
Sean Crockett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This year is my first camping (I usually travel down on Saturday, rough it Saturday night and travel back Sunday).

The ACO sent me a garbled letter in November confirming I had nothing further to pay, but since then, despite numerous e-mails, I've heard nothing - is this normal? :confused:
Old 16 Feb 2003, 08:33 (Ref:508350)   #324
powermite
Rookie

powermite should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sean,
Have you paid anything at all.This year it seems ACO have fewer camping places available and I believe that everyone who is getting a place has already received their invoices and have paid long ago.
Where are you in SW,Im near Newport.
John
Old 16 Feb 2003, 08:41 (Ref:508353)   #325
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Hi John, 't was a long time we read you here !

Preparing next event, huh ?

To Sean, I confirm John's news about ACO : I paid long time ago the grandstands' places I reserved, everythnig is sold out, you should be on the 'waiting list' : give a call to ACO office at Le Mans to check the whole thing...

Don't like when I have no news from ACO, usualy...