Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 9 Dec 2007, 17:05 (Ref:2084929)   #301
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
A new Japonese LMP1 powered by a 4.0 V8 turbo in 2008? http://www.endurance-info.com/article.php?sid=4567
I'd guess 2008 would be too soon, certainly for a LM entry?
Old 9 Dec 2007, 21:29 (Ref:2085109)   #302
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
mangler, if T2M got an entry this year ...anything is possible imho
Old 10 Dec 2007, 08:17 (Ref:2085303)   #303
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Whats the word on T2M now ?
Old 11 Dec 2007, 15:20 (Ref:2086574)   #304
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brielga
mangler, if T2M got an entry this year ...anything is possible imho
fair point.

Is there anyone willing to do a fairly large group trip, in a (probably vain) attempt to keep costs down? Because at the mo, ferry is 30 quid each way for car plus 9 people, and 9 is lots, and that would really cut costs.

PM me, perhaps?
Old 11 Dec 2007, 16:10 (Ref:2086603)   #305
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think you might struggle getting 9 people's worth of tentage on a standard ACO camping pitch

Also, whilst I'm here, I notice that this week is the last week that is closer to the previous Le Mans than to the next Le Mans....
Old 11 Dec 2007, 16:17 (Ref:2086611)   #306
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus
I think you might struggle getting 9 people's worth of tentage on a standard ACO camping pitch

Also, whilst I'm here, I notice that this week is the last week that is closer to the previous Le Mans than to the next Le Mans....
a couple of pitches and a ferry ticket that cheap...

can't be avoided!
Old 12 Dec 2007, 11:50 (Ref:2087157)   #307
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimangler
fair point.

Is there anyone willing to do a fairly large group trip, in a (probably vain) attempt to keep costs down? Because at the mo, ferry is 30 quid each way for car plus 9 people, and 9 is lots, and that would really cut costs.

PM me, perhaps?
It would have to be a big van aswell, we struggled to get 3 people and all our gear in a large estate last year, the days of travelling light have long passed, everyone wants thier own tent,chairs, inflatable beds etc nowdays and it all takes up room in the car.
Old 14 Dec 2007, 04:49 (Ref:2088428)   #308
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6
It would have to be a big van aswell, we struggled to get 3 people and all our gear in a large estate last year, the days of travelling light have long passed, everyone wants thier own tent,chairs, inflatable beds etc nowdays and it all takes up room in the car.
Are you sure you didn't travel with us? Unfortunately the more people the less wine on the return trip. We were threatening to put one of our number up on the roof luggage racks for the trip home this year so we could fit all the wine in, except it was too wet ("I'm mellltttinnnngggg..") So instead I did Le Mans to Ouestreham hemmed in by wine cases on all sides, with many exhortations to not get the cases wet!

keke

Last edited by racerkeke; 14 Dec 2007 at 04:52.
Old 16 Dec 2007, 10:45 (Ref:2089855)   #309
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you will find that there is a formula to explain the 'personal space vs equipment probem' why no matter what car you take or how many people are in it, every nook and cranny will be full.

k(people)+ B (beer) = C divided by S (space) to give f

f - s = u. + c + k.

v (wine) and w (tyre given to you by a crew) = al

f=uck + al will be the capacity of your car
Old 16 Dec 2007, 16:14 (Ref:2089980)   #310
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic
I think you will find that there is a formula to explain the 'personal space vs equipment probem' why no matter what car you take or how many people are in it, every nook and cranny will be full.

k(people)+ B (beer) = C divided by S (space) to give f

f - s = u. + c + k.

v (wine) and w (tyre given to you by a crew) = al

f=uck + al will be the capacity of your car
i guess you have a fair amount of time
Old 16 Dec 2007, 19:02 (Ref:2090036)   #311
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
3pm start is really good. Means I can be in Rouen for dinner and sleep.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 19:48 (Ref:2092180)   #312
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Anyone see/hear any lifesigns from the ACO about campingticket allocation allready?

@minimangler,

This year(I keep refering to it as "last year"..)a part of our group went with a 9 person van,towing a trailor wagon. A lot of their normal lugage fitted in the van and the rest,toploader freezer,generator,2 moped's,35 feet flagpole bundle,2 stripped scootmobile's,two partytents,BBQ,stereoset and speakers,chairs,table,etc,etc.
But I too think you'd be bit crowded if you'd try to squeeze 9 men+tents and stuff on only one campingticket space... Allthough last year(here I go) we've seen nobody from the ACO running around with a tapemeasure to check if no one was crossing their allocated area.

As long as one arrives on time(wednesdayish)their's no real problem finding enough space to put up your camp.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 22:27 (Ref:2092307)   #313
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
I'm determined to go, but who with and how many with is somewhat open atm.

I am open to offers

But I was being somewhat theoretical with my hypothesis, it was neither realistic or well thought out!
Old 27 Dec 2007, 15:09 (Ref:2095368)   #314
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One more for the 2008 entry list:

VM Motorsports
Porsche RS Spyder

Jos Verstappen
Jeroen Bleekemolen
Peter van Merkestein
Old 27 Dec 2007, 15:30 (Ref:2095377)   #315
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen
One more for the 2008 entry list:

VM Motorsports
Porsche RS Spyder

Jos Verstappen
Jeroen Bleekemolen
Peter van Merkestein
First they have to be invited by the ACO, so it's not a fact they will race at LM. (but I have no doubt they will be invited)
Old 27 Dec 2007, 16:15 (Ref:2095388)   #316
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
That's probaby onde of the reasons why Peter van Merkesteijn wanted Jos, to get a better chance to be invited, a former F1 driver always looks good on the application.
Old 27 Dec 2007, 16:29 (Ref:2095390)   #317
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Have the dtes been confirmed for LM 2008 yet?
Old 27 Dec 2007, 16:35 (Ref:2095391)   #318
Erw
Racer

Netherlands
Amersfoort, Holland
Erw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen
That's probaby onde of the reasons why Peter van Merkesteijn wanted Jos, to get a better chance to be invited, a former F1 driver always looks good on the application.
Still i think Jos Verstappen is a good driver, would be nice to see what he can do in an endurance car
Old 27 Dec 2007, 16:51 (Ref:2095395)   #319
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
Have the dtes been confirmed for LM 2008 yet?

yes // 14-15
http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans...ccueil_gb.html

Ciao Marco
Old 27 Dec 2007, 17:14 (Ref:2095402)   #320
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erw
Still i think Jos Verstappen is a good driver, would be nice to see what he can do in an endurance car
Indeed, and it's a proven good car(ALMS), so if the (new)team get's some help from Porsche it could be a good entry.
Old 28 Dec 2007, 09:13 (Ref:2095648)   #321
Number7
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Number7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ticketallocation

Any news about ticket allocation?

The letter I got from the ticket office confirming reception of my booking (july 2007) said that tickets would be allocated by end of the year. That is now, isn't it?
Old 28 Dec 2007, 09:29 (Ref:2095656)   #322
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number7

The letter I got from the ticket office confirming reception of my booking (july 2007) said that tickets would be allocated by end of the year. That is now, isn't it?
I believe a small number of people received their allocation just prior to Christmas, but I would guess that the majority of us will receive them over the next 2-3 weeks (I think the post mark on mine said 9th January last year).
Old 28 Dec 2007, 10:23 (Ref:2095671)   #323
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number7

No.

Monday.

Old 28 Dec 2007, 10:27 (Ref:2095672)   #324
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
3pm start is really good. Means I can be in Rouen for dinner and sleep.

I generally have total contempt for any changes to Le Mans 'traditions' - there have been far too many of them over the past few years ranging from unnecessary track changes to the desecration of the Village, but, although the 4 pm start is as traditional as it gets at Le Mans, I was happy with 3 pm last (sorry - this) year as it made things 'jolly along' a bit more on Saturday and a finish an hour earlier does make things easier if you're travelling a distance to a comfy hotel bed and proper food! So, all in all, I'm content with 3 pm but can we now place an embargo on any other changes........?
Old 28 Dec 2007, 12:50 (Ref:2095744)   #325
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
I generally have total contempt for any changes to Le Mans 'traditions' - there have been far too many of them over the past few years ranging from unnecessary track changes to the desecration of the Village, but, although the 4 pm start is as traditional as it gets at Le Mans, I was happy with 3 pm last (sorry - this) year as it made things 'jolly along' a bit more on Saturday and a finish an hour earlier does make things easier if you're travelling a distance to a comfy hotel bed and proper food! So, all in all, I'm content with 3 pm but can we now place an embargo on any other changes........?
Yeah. I was a bit against the change at first but experiencing it earlier this year I thought it worked really well.
We got to see more daylight action on Saturday and we were back in Alencon at the Buffalo Grill by 6.00 on Sunday and in bed by Eight after 36 hours of no sleep.