Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 11 Jun 2016, 19:43 (Ref:3648990)   #326
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Sorry, I'm not driving the NSX to LM this year. And unfortunatly the Classic is a no go.
Shame about that, would have been happy for you to have had a go in the toy as i am taking it to the classic, youngest daughter loves it so much she wants one too, had a look at one tonight for her and although it has a few more miles on the clock it was perfect and had a complete toyota service history going back over 10 years
Old 11 Jun 2016, 21:43 (Ref:3649012)   #327
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Shame about that, would have been happy for you to have had a go in the toy as i am taking it to the classic, youngest daughter loves it so much she wants one too, had a look at one tonight for her and although it has a few more miles on the clock it was perfect and had a complete toyota service history going back over 10 years
For many years I've owned the SW20, loved that car, than decided to buy a faster toy. I have only one advice, iff you like it buy it, you only live once.
I remember the SARD toyota, wich was in fact a big MR2.
Old 12 Jun 2016, 10:41 (Ref:3649080)   #328
Djcomix
Racer

European Union
Le mans
Djcomix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello
I am ready to go at the circuit this afternoon.
I saw lots of sport car this morning.
Old 12 Jun 2016, 11:58 (Ref:3649091)   #329
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
OK started packing, got everything out of the garage and will see what i can put in when the car turns uo on tuesday morning, still waiting for a few bits from Helen and will pack cool box etc monday night or tuesday morning, cloths sorted with options in case it looks worse than expected. It is getting close now
Old 12 Jun 2016, 19:19 (Ref:3649157)   #330
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm pretty much at that stage too. I'm also having to pack for Goodwood too as I'm off to that when I get back!
Old 12 Jun 2016, 20:14 (Ref:3649180)   #331
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Envious of all those setting off imminently.

One more day of work then start the journey down on Tuesday. Been a bit of a slow burn getting excited this year for some unfathomable reason but caught up on a few highlights videos over the weekend, had a poke around in the shed and attic and spotted what was needed, so think we can start to get into the swing of things.
Old 12 Jun 2016, 20:23 (Ref:3649183)   #332
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
For the first time in over ten years ...I will not be going to Le Mans.......its just been a naff year so far personally and I just haven't got the heart to go....yeah I know...must be bad eh?

To all the Ten Tenthers and the rest going....raise a glass or what have you for me...I will raise one to you all for a great race and a safe journey and hope you all have a great time...there is no place like it in the world....there really isn't and I will be sad not to go xx

Aysi and all ....HAVE A GOOD ONE!!!

I hope to go to LMC....fingers crossed
Old 13 Jun 2016, 09:38 (Ref:3649318)   #333
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Sorry you are missing this year, but hopefully will see you at the classic we will have the usual mini meet on the saturday, look out for a blue mr2 and a green stag at the classic
Old 13 Jun 2016, 09:50 (Ref:3649324)   #334
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Have fun everyone, and to everyone who hasn't set off yet, have a safe trip. Once again, sorry I can't join you all this year, but I'm hoping we all meet up in good health next year and trackside once again.
Old 13 Jun 2016, 11:13 (Ref:3649354)   #335
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
have a great time guys - looks like i'm not going to make it (can only do the actual weekend, and cost effective ways of doing that are... minimal), so have a great one. may you be shone upon all week and never require a jacket
Old 13 Jun 2016, 12:45 (Ref:3649379)   #336
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have a good trip everyone. Just started listening to the RLM preview shows on the work commute.
We're not setting off until early am Friday - but can't wait now!!!
Old 13 Jun 2016, 14:40 (Ref:3649402)   #337
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
one day of work left, will set of on tuesday evening...
Old 13 Jun 2016, 19:46 (Ref:3649467)   #338
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well alll packed except for frozen food stuff and medical stuff, now what have i forgotten well lets hope i remember before i leave in the early hours of the morning, will see most of you in the next few days
Old 13 Jun 2016, 20:30 (Ref:3649476)   #339
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Out of office set on work email, determination to not think overmuch about toil, and first glass of wine poured.

Arriving at the track Thursday - look forward to seeing people down there.
Old 13 Jun 2016, 20:37 (Ref:3649479)   #340
Piritos
Rookie

Hungary
Piritos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi guys,

I have a question about camping sites. I bought one camping ticket to Beausejour back in January for €57. I won't take a vehicle because I'll use public transport to get there. So I'll just have a tent.
The question is, it turned out that a friend of mine also comes to the race and we would stay in the same tent. Is the ticket also valid for him, or should he buy a ticket for himself? So is the ticket for person, or for tent?

If every single spectator has to buy a camping ticket for themselves, is it possible that my friend gets a ticket to Beausejour now, a few days before the race?? Or is it possible to pay for that at the campsite? How does it work?

Basic point is, he wouldn't need extra place, he would stay in my tent, is it possible?

Thank you in advance.
Old 13 Jun 2016, 20:42 (Ref:3649481)   #341
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
The camping ticket is for one car and as many people as you can fit in, if on foot no restrictions in fact you could probably just walk in and camp without a ticket. No problem with the two of you but security is a little lax there so as you can not lock things in the car make sure you keep all valuable stuff on you. Tip is to make friends with those around you, most people there will be happy to welcome you and share BBQ/Gazebo's etc
Old 13 Jun 2016, 23:04 (Ref:3649510)   #342
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tomorrow at 7:30 I´ll depart to Dover. Have a safe journey guys and enjoy the week.
Old 14 Jun 2016, 05:04 (Ref:3649545)   #343
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Awaiting the Limo and then put all my camping gear in and away, see you all down there, probably have no access to internet for a week so tutty bye everyone have a great le mans
Old 14 Jun 2016, 09:30 (Ref:3649598)   #344
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Camping gear all checked and in the car ready. On the ferry out of Portsmouth tomorrow night arriving at the circuit Thursday lunch time. Not the slightest excited. See people Saturday, if not before

Sean
Old 15 Jun 2016, 05:11 (Ref:3649771)   #345
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In eurostar waiting room surrounded by people going to watch the euros however the advert on the TV screens are Porsche advertising Le Mans . Hope to speak to many of you on Saturday and hopefully before then as well!
Old 15 Jun 2016, 13:16 (Ref:3649879)   #346
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
I popped down to the circuit this morning to see Kenn and CTD plus a number of other long term friends I've made at the 24 Hours over the years.
Back in Rouen now and that's my lot for 2016.
Due to very sad circumstances this will be the first 24 Hours that I've missed since 1996.
Old 16 Jun 2016, 10:24 (Ref:3650423)   #347
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We'll miss you Christopher, all best wishes to you and yours......
Old 20 Jun 2016, 05:34 (Ref:3653743)   #348
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A safe trip to you all to go back home
Old 20 Jun 2016, 09:21 (Ref:3653776)   #349
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Got home at 10pm last night absolutely shattered a great week and a great race
Old 22 Jun 2016, 11:38 (Ref:3654406)   #350
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Shouldn't we be getting the 2017 thread underway?