Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 26 Jul 2006, 12:17 (Ref:1664954)   #326
Jim Spencer
Rookie

Jim Spencer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will somebody please bang some heads together..

Gentlemen.

Watching this thread as an outsider who has no vested interest in either class but does like to see, and help out at, some good races occasionally..

How do you think this knocking of each others classes comes across to the casual, but obvioulsy enthisiatic (as wouldn't be reading it otherwise) observer?

Yup bit like the IRL/Indycar 'war' of a few years ago, didn't exactly do anybody any good that did it?

Either pack it in and respect each classes decisions, and just get on with promoting what each of you do.

Or

Sit down in a bar somewhere - each group get a round in - and come up with a method of getting 25-30 F3 cars on a grid..

I'll even start the discussion (NOTE discussion not slagging!) off..
Must admit that to me 1 championship that accomodated either type of engine (class split?) ran on the same rubber as current F3 (New or S'hand tyres then?) and at 15mm, should generate some big grids, now that would be worth watching...
Old 26 Jul 2006, 12:38 (Ref:1664968)   #327
mrsweety
Racer

mrsweety should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Spencer
Gentlemen.

Watching this thread as an outsider who has no vested interest in either class but does like to see, and help out at, some good races occasionally..

How do you think this knocking of each others classes comes across to the casual, but obvioulsy enthisiatic (as wouldn't be reading it otherwise) observer?

Yup bit like the IRL/Indycar 'war' of a few years ago, didn't exactly do anybody any good that did it?

Either pack it in and respect each classes decisions, and just get on with promoting what each of you do.

Or

Sit down in a bar somewhere - each group get a round in - and come up with a method of getting 25-30 F3 cars on a grid..

I'll even start the discussion (NOTE discussion not slagging!) off..
Must admit that to me 1 championship that accomodated either type of engine (class split?) ran on the same rubber as current F3 (New or S'hand tyres then?) and at 15mm, should generate some big grids, now that would be worth watching...

Good points!! and as someone thinking about joining it does put the negative vibe on thing's!!

A
Old 26 Jul 2006, 14:26 (Ref:1665035)   #328
driftwood
Veteran

driftwood has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Jim
Technically yr right and it could be so however a thing called "vested" interests causes problems
monos are different engines and concepts to f3
f3 is pure thorough bred race formula and this e cars are off the shelf on the button cars running as per fia rules
mono was a budget formula to use any chassis with street car spec engine to save costs
however the past 4 years they have let in newer cars hence the raging battle as the mono and f3 formulas have same chassis but mono has had stronger grids than f3 in the past 18 months
some mono guys would like to run in a race or 2 with f3 cars and some f3 guys dont want mongrel hybrid cars in f3 events

sadly we have too much motorsport in uk and some formulas would benefit form being merged as single seater ( nee Libre) races with say f2 Frenault mono FF2000 cars all in 1 race 3 classes but vested interests get involved
if a series is strong enough to support 20 car grids it can have its own series
If u think this is daft wait till you see the historic guys get their gnashers going
Old 26 Jul 2006, 14:32 (Ref:1665041)   #329
driftwood
Veteran

mr sweety i would not worry too much take the view i have -get a car plant yr hairy butt in it and drive it and give it a whirl
i have a car that can race in each category and i will run it with the same apporach in each class and that is new tyres when needed not used 3 race old carcasses and drive it as fast as i can to beat the guy in front

i give some of these guys some verbal retorts cos some talk serious bullocks and are incorrect with theor facts plus i have no one else to talk too!!
as jack brabham said "when the flag drops the BS stops !!"

i have the car for you to race in my shed
do you want the drivers mr sweety put on the side?
Old 26 Jul 2006, 15:46 (Ref:1665091)   #330
Cleggie
Rookie

Cleggie has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Spencer
Gentlemen.

.....How do you think this knocking of each others classes comes across to the casual, but obvioulsy enthisiatic (as wouldn't be reading it otherwise) observer?....

...Either pack it in and respect each classes decisions, and just get on with promoting what each of you do....

Here Here! I agree stop it!

....anyway, where was I, oh yes....those Mono cars, tut, have you seen them....as for the ride height, well....and another thing.........
Old 26 Jul 2006, 17:53 (Ref:1665165)   #331
skmanuk
Racer

England
skmanuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwood

sadly we have too much motorsport in uk and some formulas would benefit form being merged as single seater ( nee Libre) races with say f2 Frenault mono FF2000 cars all in 1 race 3 classes but vested interests get involved
if a series is strong enough to support 20 car grids it can have its own series
:
Not quite sure why you have lumped Formula Renault in with this, BARC F Renault has averaged 26 car grids this season.
Old 26 Jul 2006, 18:59 (Ref:1665200)   #332
driftwood
Veteran

they float up n down as well in numbers similar lap times as mono f3 cars
just cos this year they look good next year it may change for the worse arp f3 was like that for a few years 25 1 year 10-15 the next
FF1600 is strong at some circuits weak at others
some FR cars are getting long in tooth like 95-7 cars some guys may want to run local tracks switch to a libre type formula
F4 is similar concept as mono etc i could have had a stab at them as well

FF2000 later post urs/ HSCC cars could run as well as CF3 all very similar lap times would make good racing perhaps 3 heats and a final if u could get them to put aside vested interests of "im not racing with those cars" mentality
Old 26 Jul 2006, 19:22 (Ref:1665224)   #333
Jon Gray
Rookie

England
North Wales
Jon Gray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it me but I thought this topic was about Club F3 who cares about Mono or Formula Renault or any other for that matter they each have there own series and good luck to them all. I like club racing and have done it for over the past eighteen years, yes I race in Club F3 and it costs more than formula ford but you have to be realistic if I wanted lo cost racing then that’s where I would have stayed Formula Ford that is.

Club F3 gives me the opportunity to run a proper F3 car at a fraction of the cost of national F3 so need I say no more. It’s a great series with friendly people involved we all help each other out and to me that’s club racing. I rest my case.
Old 26 Jul 2006, 21:22 (Ref:1665362)   #334
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought Arty B made a nice post resurrecting this thread. Shame we still have to have the continual putdowns.

I would like to state that having raced in Monoposto, and now been involved in Club F3 there is actually little similarity.

Also, having successfully raced an FVL and now driven the F398, there's not that much similarity there either.
Old 26 Jul 2006, 21:39 (Ref:1665377)   #335
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwood
JM im prepared to wager £100 that your car will not do a 43 second lap on those x ply tyres
What about when you 'wagered' me the F302/4 cars would drive off into the distance from Donington onwards? LOL. I'm telling you, high 43s!
Old 27 Jul 2006, 06:12 (Ref:1665602)   #336
Neil1982
Racer

England
Kidderminster
Neil1982 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John

We would be on for participating in a Winter Cup Mono/Club F3.

Neil.

Last edited by Neil1982; 27 Jul 2006 at 06:17.
Old 27 Jul 2006, 08:02 (Ref:1665671)   #337
driftwood
Veteran

John i cant help it of the 02-04 drivers cant drive a greasy stick up a dogs

neil would u be on a for a winters lap dance bar crawl? lets see if miller can organise that 1st then we can gauge how good he is at organising thngs !!

cant see 43 sec on x ply tyres around BH radials yes
are u talking 43.995 or a 43.7 time
Old 27 Jul 2006, 13:13 (Ref:1665921)   #338
Barry Pomfret
Racer

Barry Pomfret should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMiller

Also, having successfully raced an FVL and now driven the F398, there's not that much similarity there either.
Didn't realise you could still fit into a F3 John!!
Old 27 Jul 2006, 21:05 (Ref:1666206)   #339
JohnMiller
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Pomfret
Didn't realise you could still fit into a F3 John!!
Ho Ho. Loads of room actually!
Old 28 Jul 2006, 13:43 (Ref:1666652)   #340
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ho Ho. Loads of room actually!
As long as he keeps his wallet out of his pocket he fits like a glove
Old 29 Jul 2006, 18:34 (Ref:1667280)   #341
JohnMiller
Veteran

LOL - I think you're confusing me with yourself again Redracer.

And I've just realised that Mr Pomfret is posting again as he's just started his annual seven week summer holiday. Mind you, he'll be along soon to point out that:

A) He has to devise timetables in August, and

B) In term-time he sometimes doesn't get home until almost 4 pm!
Old 29 Jul 2006, 19:54 (Ref:1667305)   #342
Redracer77
Veteran

[QUOTE=JohnMiller]LOL - I think you're confusing me with yourself again Redracer.

lol in that case when do I get a drive in my Dallara F3!!
Old 30 Jul 2006, 17:51 (Ref:1668052)   #343
Barry Pomfret
Racer

Barry Pomfret should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
LOL - I think you're confusing me with yourself again Redracer.

And I've just realised that Mr Pomfret is posting again as he's just started his annual seven week summer holiday. Mind you, he'll be along soon to point out that:

A) He has to devise timetables in August, and

B) In term-time he sometimes doesn't get home until almost 4 pm!
Six week holiday and it's usually 4.30 when I get home!
Old 13 Aug 2006, 17:05 (Ref:1681341)   #344
Redracer77
Veteran

Does anybody know of any Dallara F3 cars for sale with spares package?
Old 13 Aug 2006, 17:39 (Ref:1681354)   #345
JohnMiller
Veteran

Yes, email me and I'll let you know a few.
Old 13 Aug 2006, 18:11 (Ref:1681369)   #346
Redracer77
Veteran

Quote:
Yes, email me and I'll let you know a few.
drop me your number on a pm
Old 13 Aug 2006, 19:40 (Ref:1681430)   #347
driftwood
Veteran

I have 2 cars 97 and 300 to sell and 2-3 more if u want them

usual thing is how much have u got to spend and what car /model engine combo do u want
see www.dallara.net
Old 8 Dec 2006, 11:26 (Ref:1785018)   #348
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just wondering if anyone has seen the latest edition of "Race and rally UK" on Motors TV? The programme that has been shown this week has covered the final 3 events of this years Club F3 championship. Im not normally a big fan of Formula 3 but for a club level series Club F3 seems very good with grids averaging around the 16 car mark.

Congratulations to Shane Kelly for taking the Championship. And Jon Gray if your reading this congratulations on securing 2nd in the Championship! Fingers crossed that you can go 1 better in 2007.
Old 8 Dec 2006, 13:39 (Ref:1785139)   #349
Jon Gray
Rookie

England
North Wales
Jon Gray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Saleen 2nd was a good result for the first year with a new car. I must thank Xtec’s Paul Knapton for giving me such a good engine. Another good point to mention is that both Shane and myself actually race and prepare are own cars which just goes to prove that club F3 is not all about money and teams privateers can do well and compete.

I have seen all the coverage on motors TV and even had a camera on my car a fare few times to.

I think club F3 will be a lot stonger in 2007 as there does seam to be a lot more interest talking of which if anyone would like more information please feel free to email me.
Old 8 Dec 2006, 13:50 (Ref:1785149)   #350
driftwood
Veteran

so how many new drivers will there be in 07?
Shane has his car to sell
Have they fixed the calender yet and sorted out proper races double headers etc and no Coombe!