Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 28 Dec 2007, 12:58 (Ref:2095751)   #326
Number7
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Number7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Start at 3 pm is great. Less waiting and more racing on saturday and heading back to Copenhagen one hour ealier on Sunday arriving home in Copenhagen before 8 in the morning on monday.
Old 28 Dec 2007, 13:23 (Ref:2095765)   #327
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by inpitlane
...and we were back in Alencon at the Buffalo Grill by 6.00 on Sunday and in bed by Eight after 36 hours of no sleep.

Buffalo Grill eh, driven past those many times but never been in one. How do you take your buffalo?

PS the 3 pm start can stay, provided I get my pre-race driver parade back.
Old 28 Dec 2007, 13:24 (Ref:2095766)   #328
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
Thanks. I'll pass it along...
Old 28 Dec 2007, 17:35 (Ref:2095867)   #329
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Warning: graphic images of the destruction of Le mans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
So, all in all, I'm content with 3 pm but can we now place an embargo on any other changes........?

You had better not look at these photos then!

http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans...C_2507_fr.html

Clink on 'La galerie spéciale travaux 2005 - 2008' and you will see the latest photo updates on the new welcome centre(not too bad), Masion Blanche campsite and some others.

Lots of digging and concrete.
Old 30 Dec 2007, 15:18 (Ref:2096579)   #330
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is gonna sound very newbie-ish, but when (if) does le mans sell out?
Old 30 Dec 2007, 16:31 (Ref:2096603)   #331
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
General Admission tickets...never!
Camping tickets: depends on where you wanna go..some of them are sold out the day after Le Mans has finished
Old 30 Dec 2007, 17:55 (Ref:2096630)   #332
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
General Admission tickets...never!
Camping tickets: depends on where you wanna go..some of them are sold out the day after Le Mans has finished
Ok, so which campsites do we recommend?

it's not gonna happen for a while (purchasing) so what do we think my options are? A bit like the average LMP2 team, my program won't be confirmed until close to the date.
Old 30 Dec 2007, 18:46 (Ref:2096664)   #333
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
That'll probably mean you'll be paying a whole lot more for your campsite tickets. Over the last few years,it's been getting harder and harder to get some decent campsite tickets just prior to the race...

It's a bit like going to a big rockconcert,impossible to get decent places a week before the event.

I'd try the british ticketoffices if I were you,see what campsitetickets they still have left. Then there's allways E-bay on which one can choose from loads of tickets but for a lot more money...
Old 30 Dec 2007, 18:59 (Ref:2096670)   #334
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Best campsites:

- Houx Annexe (close to mutliple spectatingarea's,great party atmosphere)
- Parking Bleu (Close to the grandstands/start/finish,great party atmosphere
- Tertre rouge (Very close to the track,bit dull partyingwise)
- Maison Blanche (Very close to the track,good party atmosphere)

Worst campsites:

- Beausejour (Very long walk to the "Village" and grandstands,good partying)
- Techno Parc (Long way to the "Village"/Grandstands,dull partyingwise)
Old 30 Dec 2007, 19:30 (Ref:2096689)   #335
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
OK, i'll try for maison blanche- i like that idea. Genius, now to find someone to get me there :/
Old 30 Dec 2007, 19:37 (Ref:2096696)   #336
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One problem there though...Maison Blanche is one of the campsites to be sold out quickly.

Beausejour is indeed quite a walk. But if you manage to bring a (small) bike with you it could be done.
Old 30 Dec 2007, 19:45 (Ref:2096706)   #337
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Are they the only 6?
Old 30 Dec 2007, 21:49 (Ref:2096773)   #338
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
No,there's Expo(behind the museum),Houx(mostly for campers 'cause it has electricity) and Karting Nord which is quite o.k. too since it's very close to the track as well. Basically opposite from Maison Blanche.

You'll find a detailed map of all the sites on www.lemans.org go to "ticket office" open the pdf file for the race and there you'll find a map with all the info.
Old 31 Dec 2007, 00:38 (Ref:2096848)   #339
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
ok, thanks muchly.

i shall do some research
Old 31 Dec 2007, 10:33 (Ref:2097010)   #340
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
All this talk of camping etc. makes it seem that much closer - and tomorrow it'll be this year - instead of next year!!
Old 31 Dec 2007, 14:51 (Ref:2097103)   #341
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I have been to every race this century with the exception of one - 2003.

Audi have won every race this century with the exception of one - 2003.

I'm not going in 2008 -- best get your bets in on the Peugeot before the bookies realise and shorten the odds
Old 1 Jan 2008, 15:21 (Ref:2097587)   #342
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
I have been to every race this century with the exception of one - 2003.

Audi have won every race this century with the exception of one - 2003.

I'm not going in 2008 -- best get your bets in on the Peugeot before the bookies realise and shorten the odds
haha

please let's hope for a non audi victory!
Old 1 Jan 2008, 19:51 (Ref:2097693)   #343
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
happy new year to all of you, great wishes to your families, see you soon at le mans
Old 2 Jan 2008, 18:21 (Ref:2098158)   #344
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Seems the ACO's online booking system is up and running...........

Online Ticket Office

I see a new 1000 seater grandstand is to be erected adjacent to the Dunlop tribune for 2008, called 'Panorama'. Tickets for this, as well as the Tertre Rouge tribune, can be purchased online.

Parking Rouge, Vert and Rotonde all available to buy online. Also, Beausejour, Arnage and Mulsanne camping tickets (all 35 square metre pitches).
Old 2 Jan 2008, 21:11 (Ref:2098249)   #345
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
So that also means that we'll soon get our ordered tickets alloted quickly then?
Old 2 Jan 2008, 21:27 (Ref:2098255)   #346
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Not necessarily...........
Old 3 Jan 2008, 10:18 (Ref:2098474)   #347
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
2008 camping

Just noticed two new camp sites Pincenardiere and Dairon, are these part of an old site or brand new, map says no showers but details indicate they have bathrooms/showers.

Anybody have any more details?
Old 3 Jan 2008, 11:49 (Ref:2098526)   #348
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
When i did Spa, i went for a full "gold" ticket (every grandstand, paddock etc), is it worth doing that at a lm?
Old 3 Jan 2008, 11:54 (Ref:2098532)   #349
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No such thing mate......
Old 3 Jan 2008, 12:47 (Ref:2098569)   #350
Paddy_NL
Racer

Netherlands
Rotterdam, NL
Paddy_NL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number7
Any news about ticket allocation?

The letter I got from the ticket office confirming reception of my booking (july 2007) said that tickets would be allocated by end of the year. That is now, isn't it?
This year will be a mess as for allocations. Houx Annexe and Maison Blanche have both been reduced in space dramatically due to contruction works, which they apparently cannot finish before June. Got the word from the Booking Office this morning, DfH (and a few from ClubArnage so far, probably many will follow) have been reallocated to Bleu Nord after staying at Maison Blanche for three years in a row.

Me is not a happy bunny today