Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 27 Jan 2010, 18:42 (Ref:2620489)   #326
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Looking into the past I would say that France are definitely missing out here.
Old 27 Jan 2010, 19:07 (Ref:2620501)   #327
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wiring Systems of USF1
Old 27 Jan 2010, 19:08 (Ref:2620503)   #328
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Looking into the past I would say that France are definitely missing out here.
France don't really have what I would call a GP worthy venue, and nope, I don't class Magny Cours or Paul Ricard as GP worthy.
Old 27 Jan 2010, 19:25 (Ref:2620516)   #329
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Wow, now that is good. Finally US F1 starting to show their PR muscle
Old 27 Jan 2010, 19:41 (Ref:2620529)   #330
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
At least they'll be able to blame us 'Brits' if the car won't start, won't change gear, won't........well, anything really.
Old 27 Jan 2010, 20:06 (Ref:2620544)   #331
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
At least they'll be able to blame us 'Brits' if the car won't start, won't change gear, won't........well, anything really.
I can see it now. If the car/team surprises and does better than expected it’s going to be “Well you know they are pretty much staffed to the gills with established F1 talent from the UK. US technology and know-how my ass!” But if they do poorly, it’s going to be “Those yanks certain fell flat on their faces just like we expected!”
Old 27 Jan 2010, 20:32 (Ref:2620562)   #332
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
..won't show up?
Old 27 Jan 2010, 20:59 (Ref:2620578)   #333
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
..won't show up?

I think they'll show up, not sure for how long.
Old 27 Jan 2010, 21:56 (Ref:2620626)   #334
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Where is that Cosworth (lack of)powerplant made again?
Old 27 Jan 2010, 22:02 (Ref:2620633)   #335
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I think they'll show up, not sure for how long.
...but when?
Old 28 Jan 2010, 00:55 (Ref:2620711)   #336
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
...but when?
Canadian GP.....maybe.
Old 28 Jan 2010, 01:02 (Ref:2620714)   #337
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I can see it now. If the car/team surprises and does better than expected it’s going to be “Well you know they are pretty much staffed to the gills with established F1 talent from the UK. US technology and know-how my ass!” But if they do poorly, it’s going to be “Those yanks certain fell flat on their faces just like we expected!”
Well if there is one thing the Brits are known for it's reliable electrical systems.
Old 28 Jan 2010, 01:14 (Ref:2620717)   #338
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Well if there is one thing the Brits are known for it's reliable electrical systems.
I would have replied earlier to that post but there was a power cut.
Old 28 Jan 2010, 01:19 (Ref:2620719)   #339
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Ahh well that is comes from living in the third world...
Old 28 Jan 2010, 01:26 (Ref:2620722)   #340
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
No, I'm not in France.
Old 28 Jan 2010, 02:03 (Ref:2620729)   #341
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
After watching "Earth 2100", I better get used to shortages.
Old 28 Jan 2010, 02:52 (Ref:2620742)   #342
Belatti
Racer

Argentina
Argentina
Belatti should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Isn't that ridiculous at all ? Argentina deserves a GP more than anyone else I can think of... as usual it's all about Bernie.

Maybe, but only if the layout follows the red line as it used to be in the 50s to 70s GPs and not the micky mouse hungaroring-like kart track from the 90s...

I imagine F1 cars going round the lake there and think that 130R, Parabolica or Eau Rouge are a piece of cake...
Old 28 Jan 2010, 07:28 (Ref:2620805)   #343
xr8
Racer

Australia
sydney
xr8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Yeah! just like the LUCAS systems! LORD LUCAS, THE PRINCE OF DARKNES.
Old 28 Jan 2010, 12:04 (Ref:2620956)   #344
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
At least the subbie wear a company uniform
Old 28 Jan 2010, 12:10 (Ref:2620963)   #345
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
I wonder if the USF1 team have just watched the Ferrari launch and are now thinking: "They've just made last years car a bit longer! This F1 thing is a piece of cake!"
Old 28 Jan 2010, 12:27 (Ref:2620975)   #346
Belatti
Racer

Argentina
Argentina
Belatti should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I wonder if the USF1 team have just watched the Ferrari launch and are now thinking: "They've just made last years car a bit longer! This F1 thing is a piece of cake!"

Ken: "Take note Peter: ... longer wheelbase, red bull like nose... that double diffuser thing... "
Old 3 Feb 2010, 04:08 (Ref:2625455)   #347
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
transverse gearbox !!!!!!

US F1 to fit radical gearbox to Type 1
http://www.racecar-engineering.com/n...to-type-1.html
Old 3 Feb 2010, 09:39 (Ref:2625555)   #348
F.O.F.
TeaTotal
Racer

Ireland
dublin
F.O.F. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh god! I'm sure that USF1 car is going to make a lovely noise... As it sprinkles it's transmission parts across the circuit.
Old 3 Feb 2010, 09:55 (Ref:2625561)   #349
Alex Hodgkinson
Veteran

England
Derby
Alex Hodgkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm I thought transverse gearboxes went out of fashion in the mid/late 80's when sequential boxes took over. Maybe they're going to use an old Weismann from one of the old Penski's
Old 3 Feb 2010, 11:22 (Ref:2625597)   #350
petergb
Rookie

England
hants
petergb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team US F1

You have to use a transverse gearbox to connect with front wheel drive.
Closed Thread