Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 9 Nov 2006, 09:44 (Ref:1761458)   #326
Fieldgate
Racer

Fieldgate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus
Brands Hatch has a decent digital leaderboard visible from the Paddock stand, why can't Silverstone manage something similar?
Agreed. The totem pole at Nurburgring was particularly useful - even down at the bottom hairpin - but it does only capture the top 'whatever', rather than classes or the overall field.

Maybe the LMS should also utilise the lights system from the ALMS as well.
Old 9 Nov 2006, 10:04 (Ref:1761489)   #327
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus
The biggest problem with Silverstone (amongst others) for endurance races is that you cannot hear the tannoy in the stands whilst a car is going past.
But the commentary is (hopefully) on the radio, so that should help. It was at Donington this year, but it didn't appear to be advertised anywhere. A pair of ear defenders over the top of a personal stereo and you can hear the commentary perfectly, although you can't hear the cars then....

Some type of scoreboard though should be a must (more useful than big TV screens to some degree). Position lights, a la ALMS would be great too.
Old 9 Nov 2006, 20:15 (Ref:1761959)   #328
Ranald
Racer

England
Oxford
Ranald should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The current issue of Autosport is reporting that the possible South American round of the LMS will be the Milla Milhas at Interlagos in November.
Old 9 Nov 2006, 20:45 (Ref:1762001)   #329
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anything that helps the spectator know what is happening in all the classes would be good.

Why oh why is the spectator ignored by all the European organisers??
Old 9 Nov 2006, 21:28 (Ref:1762033)   #330
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Ive said that lots of times ..... why cant the LMS and Fia GT adopt some of the rules that the ALMS have .

Like the 3 light position system ..... or something to tell which driver is currantly doing the driving ? Compulsory luminious numbers , that sort of thing would help a lot for those amongst us who are not quite sure .

Are they too big and bold to be seen to adopt something they didnt invent ?
Old 9 Nov 2006, 21:29 (Ref:1762035)   #331
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranald
The current issue of Autosport is reporting that the possible South American round of the LMS will be the Milla Milhas at Interlagos in November.
So the Mil Milhas will move to November???

I thought it had always been held in January....and I thought the FIA-GT had cut a deal with them to run in March, but it wasn't on the FIA-GT schedule when that was announced...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 10 Nov 2006, 00:14 (Ref:1762166)   #332
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt
So the Mil Milhas will move to November???

I thought it had always been held in January....and I thought the FIA-GT had cut a deal with them to run in March, but it wasn't on the FIA-GT schedule when that was announced...
I don't think the European FIA GT teams wished to race there.

I wonder if any ALMS teams would race in the Mil Milhas?
Old 10 Nov 2006, 02:37 (Ref:1762267)   #333
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
I wonder if any ALMS teams would race in the Mil Milhas?
Possible.... but not many.
Old 10 Nov 2006, 12:54 (Ref:1762703)   #334
russ250575
Racer

England
England,Milton Keynes
russ250575 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
Possible.... but not many.
i personally cant see to many LMS teams going either.. I personnally think this is a very bad idea for the seris..I think this would put a to bigger finacial strain on most if not all the teams

Yes I want to see more races per season but lets keep it realistic and affordable there are plenty of other tracks in Europe suitable for a race.

Maybe as the sport grows and if it starts to pull more Money in then look at the oddball race scattered around the world.
Old 10 Nov 2006, 13:52 (Ref:1762749)   #335
davemk7
Racer

davemk7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
not many of the teams went to turkey this year or last. I can't see many going to brazil. Seems a bit far to me?
Old 10 Nov 2006, 13:55 (Ref:1762752)   #336
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be neat to see a bunch on entrys in the Mil Milhas. The MM GTP1 class can have FIA GT1 cars against ACO GT1 cars and DTM cars. They also allow Daytona Prototypes to enter the race in that same class.

Doesn't it sound cool to see all of those cars in the same class for 1 offseason race?
Old 10 Nov 2006, 14:02 (Ref:1762755)   #337
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am sure, given the right start money you would get some good entries and it would be interesting to have an open field as you suggest but it would need funding. Brazil is a booming economy with very large investment going on in oil exploration and production so there is a good commercial feel to the place. A bit scary for personal security but interesting.

I doubt however anyone will incude it in their series
Old 10 Nov 2006, 14:36 (Ref:1762771)   #338
Nick49
Racer

England
Hampshire, UK
Nick49 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello

I've got nothing against the Mil MIlhas because I don't really know much about it but, I would have thought trying to incorporate the Sebring 12 Hours or the Petit Le Mans would have more relevance to the LMS. From what I understand the Mil Milhas is a long standing stand alone event so the LMS being there or not isn't going to sink it.

At the end of the day however, the LMS organisers need to promote their series better in Europe using the traditional 1000kms circuits before venturing further afield. This smacks of running before you've fully learnt to walk! Unfortunately if its not F1 then the general public will know NOTHING about it and its that perception they are going to have to change. It wasn't always like that as I saw quite a few Group C races in front of genuine big crowds.

The LMS have the fields and the prospects for some exciting racing in all the classes seem good for 2007. Now get out there and promote it.

Nick
Old 10 Nov 2006, 15:12 (Ref:1762787)   #339
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ250575
i personally cant see to many LMS teams going either.. I personnally think this is a very bad idea for the seris..I think this would put a to bigger finacial strain on most if not all the teams

Yes I want to see more races per season but lets keep it realistic and affordable there are plenty of other tracks in Europe suitable for a race.

Maybe as the sport grows and if it starts to pull more Money in then look at the oddball race scattered around the world.
They'd only go if travel expenses were covered, the teams wouldn't fork out anything.

The Mil Milhas organisors seem to have some promotional cash behind them.
Old 10 Nov 2006, 15:13 (Ref:1762788)   #340
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype
It would be neat to see a bunch on entrys in the Mil Milhas. The MM GTP1 class can have FIA GT1 cars against ACO GT1 cars and DTM cars. They also allow Daytona Prototypes to enter the race in that same class.

Doesn't it sound cool to see all of those cars in the same class for 1 offseason race?

I'd assume it would be an ACO only race, and you could gain entries from Europe, US and Japan.
Old 10 Nov 2006, 15:19 (Ref:1762789)   #341
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick49
Hello

I've got nothing against the Mil MIlhas because I don't really know much about it but, I would have thought trying to incorporate the Sebring 12 Hours or the Petit Le Mans would have more relevance to the LMS. From what I understand the Mil Milhas is a long standing stand alone event so the LMS being there or not isn't going to sink it.

Nick
PLM and Sebring are ALMS events, and would be way over subscribed.

When you have so many South American drivers in Europe, and quality teams in Brazil, it seems as good as any other fly away event, especially if it could be built into a South American Sebring or Spa 24hr.

The Mexico Group C races were hugely popular.
Old 10 Nov 2006, 16:01 (Ref:1762813)   #342
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davemk7
not many of the teams went to turkey this year or last. I can't see many going to brazil. Seems a bit far to me?
Even Jarama had a 30+ attendance compared to the almost 50 in other circuits. It is true that Brazil has appeal and Interlagos is a great circuit, however the Mil milhas also includes a bunch of non-ACO cars that would make it difficult to run just one event....
Old 26 Nov 2006, 07:19 (Ref:1775067)   #343
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Red Racing will enter GT2 with a Panoz Esperante. Drivers will be Romain Brandela, Thierry Stepec and a third TBA. They are buying the LNT Panoz which campaigned the British GT this year. They will take delivery of the car in mid February, first test in early March ahead of the Paul Ricard HTTT test.

The article can be found on Endurance-Info.com.
Old 27 Nov 2006, 11:11 (Ref:1775802)   #344
Nick49
Racer

England
Hampshire, UK
Nick49 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello

Any more concrete news yet of the proposed extra LMS round or is this one thats going to remain in dreamland. Personally I would like to see a round at Zandvoort or Brno where you are more likely to get a good crowd (and race).

Nick
Old 27 Nov 2006, 11:48 (Ref:1775829)   #345
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick49
Hello

Any more concrete news yet of the proposed extra LMS round or is this one thats going to remain in dreamland. Personally I would like to see a round at Zandvoort or Brno where you are more likely to get a good crowd (and race).
Nothing concrete, but I understand Interlagos/Mil Milhas has been 'snagged' by the ACO which would indicate that the event is being given serious consideration.
Old 27 Nov 2006, 12:05 (Ref:1775838)   #346
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
Red Racing will enter GT2 with a Panoz Esperante.
Good to see another Panoz team on the grid...
Old 30 Nov 2006, 01:53 (Ref:1778229)   #347
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
According DSC 3 further Esperantes have already been sold...
So we can expect even more nice sounding Cars next year
I know of at least one german team who has ambitions to run such a machine.
Old 30 Nov 2006, 09:35 (Ref:1778375)   #348
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Almost a week ago a thread was started on another (French ) forum claiming that Paul Belmondo Racing have closed their operation. I've been monitoring the thread over the last few days in case the news was just rumour. But I'm satisfied that although there has been no official statement from Paul Belmondo, the news is correct.

PBR had become 'part of the furniture' in top level sportscar and GT racing here in Europe over the last decade. This is very sad news.........
Old 30 Nov 2006, 10:40 (Ref:1778444)   #349
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Whoa ..... thats bad news !!! So , we might not have an LC75 racing in the LMS at all then ? Shame
Old 30 Nov 2006, 14:58 (Ref:1778690)   #350
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
S*** belmondo were in my opinion THE LMP2 team to beat in 2005 and 2006 they are damn quick and a well run professional LMP2 team just a shame they had to make do last year with the outdated C65 courage's

so we lose a great team in LMP2 i wonder were this is going to lead then will we perhaps see a new LMP2 team to fill their vacumn maybe ASM or RML deciding to run another lola B05/40?

p.s any news on yves courage's plans for 2007 will he still be running 2 LC70 mugen's in LMP1 or will he be running a car or two in LMP2 with the new
LC75?