Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 16 Jul 2013, 17:48 (Ref:3278457)   #3476
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
I don't know why they can't make it easy on themselves and put Johnny Adam or Daniel McKenzie in. What's the significance of having three Danish drivers? It is a British team...
Old 16 Jul 2013, 18:03 (Ref:3278460)   #3477
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So is this an accurate guess for the line up at the next WEC race at this point:

P1 (4)

1 Audi R18
2 Audi R18
7 Toyota (or 8, one or the other(
12 Lola Toyota

P2 (8)

24 Morgan Nissan
35 Morgan Nissan
25 Oreca Nissan
26 Oreca Nissan
31 Lotus T128
32 Lotus T128
41 Zytek Nissan
49 Oreca Nissan

GT (15)

95 Aston Martin
96 Aston Martin
97 Aston Martin
98 Aston Martin
99 Aston Martin
91 Porsche 991
92 Porsche 991
76 Porsche 911
88 Porsche 911
51 Ferrari 458
61 Ferrari 458
71 Ferrari 458
81 Ferrari 458
57 Ferrari 458
50 Corvette
Old 16 Jul 2013, 18:04 (Ref:3278461)   #3478
Nigma
Rookie

Ireland
Sligo, Ireland
Nigma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish Primer View Post
Kristofferson was one of the 2012 sensations (STCC, Porsche cup, Superstars) and seems forgotten this year.
I don't know if the Petri Corse Panamera really was struggling at the start of the season. But Giovanardi took over from Kristoffersson and more or less made it look like Kristoffersson wasn't even trying.

But as I said, I don't know the situation from the start of the season as it was a new car for Petri Corse and could have been going through teething problems before the seat was vacated.
Old 16 Jul 2013, 18:17 (Ref:3278467)   #3479
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
So is this an accurate guess for the line up at the next WEC race at this point:

P1 (4)

1 Audi R18
2 Audi R18
7 Toyota (or 8, one or the other(
12 Lola Toyota

P2 (8)

24 Morgan Nissan
35 Morgan Nissan
25 Oreca Nissan
26 Oreca Nissan
31 Lotus T128
32 Lotus T128
41 Zytek Nissan
49 Oreca Nissan

GT (15)

95 Aston Martin
96 Aston Martin
97 Aston Martin
98 Aston Martin
99 Aston Martin
91 Porsche 991
92 Porsche 991
76 Porsche 911
88 Porsche 911
51 Ferrari 458
61 Ferrari 458
71 Ferrari 458
81 Ferrari 458
57 Ferrari 458
50 Corvette
I'm not sure I'd use the phrase "accurate guess", though your list is reasonably though possibly a bit on the optimistic side. Cars with issues would include the 2 Lotuses (not sure what the financial dispute was about at Le Mans but there's no guarantee that it can't recur), the #41 Greaves car (Greaves is selling rides — is there a buyer?), and #95 Aston Martin.
Old 17 Jul 2013, 03:40 (Ref:3278585)   #3480
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
I'm not sure I'd use the phrase "accurate guess", though your list is reasonably though possibly a bit on the optimistic side. Cars with issues would include the 2 Lotuses (not sure what the financial dispute was about at Le Mans but there's no guarantee that it can't recur), the #41 Greaves car (Greaves is selling rides — is there a buyer?), and #95 Aston Martin.
Well if the field gets any smaller I don't know if I'll even watch the race!

We've already lost Strakka, one of the OAK Racing LMP2 cars, and one Toyota. And possibly one Aston Martin.
Old 17 Jul 2013, 06:40 (Ref:3278614)   #3481
Samoan Attorney
Veteran

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
Greaves Motorsport will be at the remaining rounds of the FIA WEC.
Old 17 Jul 2013, 13:56 (Ref:3278722)   #3482
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Well if the field gets any smaller I don't know if I'll even watch the race!

We've already lost Strakka, one of the OAK Racing LMP2 cars, and one Toyota. And possibly one Aston Martin.

Do you mean the #45 Oak car? That was a part timer anyway. I think the #24 and #35 are full WEC for the rest of 2013.

(Quote added for context - Ayse)

Last edited by Aysedasi; 17 Jul 2013 at 15:36.
Old 17 Jul 2013, 16:20 (Ref:3278781)   #3483
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I don't know why they can't make it easy on themselves and put Johnny Adam or Daniel McKenzie in. What's the significance of having three Danish drivers? It is a British team...
Because the Danish are paying for the car? If AMR were financing it then im sure they would put Adam or someone similar in the carl
Old 17 Jul 2013, 17:25 (Ref:3278806)   #3484
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Because the Danish are paying for the car? If AMR were financing it then im sure they would put Adam or someone similar in the carl
A major player in the whole AMR Gt project is Danish, Jacob 'Jac' Nellemann.
Old 19 Jul 2013, 02:50 (Ref:3279248)   #3485
rwindle
Rookie

United States
Dallas, Texas
rwindle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Audi R8 isn't eligible for FIA WEC events?
Old 19 Jul 2013, 03:10 (Ref:3279252)   #3486
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No. There were rumors that Dragonspeed wanted to get the R8 homologated for gte (for alms), but the project never unfolded. As of today there is no gte spec r8
Old 19 Jul 2013, 05:35 (Ref:3279268)   #3487
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoan Attorney View Post
Greaves Motorsport will be at the remaining rounds of the FIA WEC.
That's good to hear. Thanks Samoan Attorney...

Can you give us any idea about the driver lineup for Interlagos? I know Chris Dyson is doing a little "gap", at least in the ALMS, to mull over the future of Dyson Racing. Will Chris be in the car, or will it be Michael Marsal, TKS, and somebody else? Thanks -

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
Do you mean the #45 Oak car? That was a part timer anyway. I think the #24 and #35 are full WEC for the rest of 2013.

(Quote added for context - Ayse)
Yeah, the #45 OAK car... since it did the first three rounds, I assumed it would do the rest. It really wasn't a fast or competitive car anyway, so I'm not too unhappy about it.
Old 19 Jul 2013, 09:38 (Ref:3279324)   #3488
Samoan Attorney
Veteran

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
That's good to hear. Thanks Samoan Attorney...

Can you give us any idea about the driver lineup for Interlagos? I know Chris Dyson is doing a little "gap", at least in the ALMS, to mull over the future of Dyson Racing. Will Chris be in the car, or will it be Michael Marsal, TKS, and somebody else? Thanks -

Yeah, the #45 OAK car... since it did the first three rounds, I assumed it would do the rest. It really wasn't a fast or competitive car anyway, so I'm not too unhappy about it.
The driver line up for the balance of the FIA WEC season has yet to be announced officially but I would expect it to be composed of the usual suspects. I cannot be more specific than that.
Old 21 Jul 2013, 09:40 (Ref:3279943)   #3489
SpikerJack
Racer

Italy
SpikerJack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John Dagys ‏@johndagys 21h . @FIAWEC BoP Update: Porsche 991-based 911 RSR and AMR Vantage has 0.3mm air restrictor reduction; Effective immediately. For GTE-Pro only
Old 26 Jul 2013, 10:29 (Ref:3281807)   #3490
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Initial entry list for Sao Paulo - 28 cars. http://www.fiawec.com/fr/actualites/...aulo_1258.html

Of note, the #95 Aston is present with both Nygaard and Poulsen.
Old 27 Jul 2013, 00:58 (Ref:3282071)   #3491
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Initial entry list for Sao Paulo - 28 cars. http://www.fiawec.com/fr/actualites/...aulo_1258.html

It looks like OAK Racing will be fielding the #45 car after all...
Old 27 Jul 2013, 11:41 (Ref:3282231)   #3492
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post

Nice one
Old 2 Aug 2013, 10:04 (Ref:3284960)   #3493
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...cus-19773.html

Young Driver AMR (the #95 car) will continue in honor of Allan Simonsen

*salute*
Old 2 Aug 2013, 22:15 (Ref:3285167)   #3494
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post

*salute*
FANTASTIC news! You never know with that FIA WEC website... they only seem to update their entry lists every few months...

Yes, *salute*!
Old 3 Aug 2013, 07:44 (Ref:3285292)   #3495
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post

*salute*
The right thing to do to honor him.
Old 6 Aug 2013, 19:09 (Ref:3286611)   #3496
Pandemonium
Racer

Pandemonium has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Hey guys does anybody know the speed and horsepower of next year's lmp1s?? Will they be faster or slower
Old 6 Aug 2013, 22:51 (Ref:3286684)   #3497
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemonium View Post
Hey guys does anybody know the speed and horsepower of next year's lmp1s?? Will they be faster or slower
The answer isn't clear. Smaller engines and cars more reliant on their powertrains make it difficult to predict. Racecar Engineering did some simulations and they showed some horribly slow speeds, suspiciously slow in fact. I guess we won't know until they hit the track. My guess is, next year they may be a little slower, but they'll very quickly get the speed back.

Sam Collins said that on "full noise", it's been said Toyota's 2014 spec engine could reach 1100hp! Answering your question on horsepower depends on when they use their hybrid power, which will be very dramatic from next season on the factory cars.

So in short - speeds will probably be about the same.
Old 6 Aug 2013, 23:12 (Ref:3286689)   #3498
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
The answer isn't clear. Smaller engines and cars more reliant on their powertrains make it difficult to predict. Racecar Engineering did some simulations and they showed some horribly slow speeds, suspiciously slow in fact. I guess we won't know until they hit the track. My guess is, next year they may be a little slower, but they'll very quickly get the speed back.

Sam Collins said that on "full noise", it's been said Toyota's 2014 spec engine could reach 1100hp! Answering your question on horsepower depends on when they use their hybrid power, which will be very dramatic from next season on the factory cars.

So in short - speeds will probably be about the same.
That is probably the engine and hybrid boost system together, not just the engine. There'd be little point in aiming for fuel saving regs if the engines were to become that powerful
Old 7 Aug 2013, 03:26 (Ref:3286729)   #3499
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
8mj per lap vs. 3.5 currently. Thats 220% more power. I dont see how the cars will be slower when theyre also 50kg lighter.
Old 7 Aug 2013, 05:33 (Ref:3286746)   #3500
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
8mj per lap vs. 3.5 currently. Thats 220% more power. I dont see how the cars will be slower when theyre also 50kg lighter.
I thought it was 8 MJ maximum total storage capability, not 8 MJ per lap?