Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 14 Dec 2012, 16:45 (Ref:3178709)   #3526
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
some pine nobs would look ok on a ZS
Old 14 Dec 2012, 16:47 (Ref:3178711)   #3527
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The nobs are usually on the inside...
Old 14 Dec 2012, 17:35 (Ref:3178727)   #3528
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
Is this not an adjunct to the question "What is the difference between a hedgehog and a BMW?"
Old 14 Dec 2012, 18:04 (Ref:3178731)   #3529
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Grant, MGDavid has a spare ZS door with a handle so perhaps we can graft the whole lot onto your freezer. Is your freezer Trophy Blue by any chance?
Old 14 Dec 2012, 18:07 (Ref:3178732)   #3530
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
I don't come here for gratuitous insults...I get quite enough of those at home.

Seems like MiniMM is taking after his mother................
Old 14 Dec 2012, 18:43 (Ref:3178745)   #3531
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aye up! T'French are coming oop north with them fancy pushbikes. Will mek a change t'ferret racing.

Tour De France will start from Leeds in 2014. So I'll have to get some practice at squeezing into Lycra and become one of them 'MAMIL's (at least I'd like to think I'm still middle-aged ).
Old 14 Dec 2012, 19:18 (Ref:3178758)   #3532
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
Is this not an adjunct to the question "What is the difference between a hedgehog and a BMW?"
Who told him I drive a BMW?!
Old 14 Dec 2012, 20:50 (Ref:3178772)   #3533
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Thought it to be Range Rovers Comte?
Old 14 Dec 2012, 21:12 (Ref:3178777)   #3534
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Is that not in itself an adjunct to the question "What is the difference between a magician and a line of can-can dancers?"
Old 14 Dec 2012, 21:22 (Ref:3178781)   #3535
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
Get down to B&Q - good selection of handles there (you may even find someone to do your engine, if Gordon's comment above is correct!) - I'm sure you could fit one with a couple of self-tapppers!

I'm talking about the freezer here, not the MG. Although, now I come to think about it...
Hehe.

Looks like the manufacturers have changed the design and the handle is now an integrated part of the lid - full aero and all that. New lid might fit (dunno) but at over £70 maybe it's time for a complete unit transplant (£140 plus delivery).

Who would have thought that fixing a freezer would cost more than fixing a car?

Might skulk off to the local recycling depots tomorrow to see what I can find ...

Last edited by grantp; 14 Dec 2012 at 21:30.
Old 14 Dec 2012, 21:28 (Ref:3178784)   #3536
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Grant, MGDavid has a spare ZS door with a handle so perhaps we can graft the whole lot onto your freezer. Is your freezer Trophy Blue by any chance?
No, it's white. The handle is (was) off-white having been exposed to sunlight through a polycarbonate roof for a few years.

I could re-spray - would it help?

Does the lock still work? I think it's the locking handle on the freezer that that has resulted in a lack of spares.

Think I may just remove the remains of the handle and and see if that new lightweight version will pass management's App K inspection.
Old 14 Dec 2012, 22:31 (Ref:3178794)   #3537
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
to get a bit of reliability perhaps?
Yeah well thats a joke for a start.
Old 15 Dec 2012, 00:11 (Ref:3178821)   #3538
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I thought it was a hedgehog and a Porsche (and before Midgetman, Mike and others take offence I'm talking 911 Porsches here).
Old 15 Dec 2012, 07:22 (Ref:3178855)   #3539
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
I thought it was a hedgehog and a Porsche (and before Midgetman, Mike and others take offence I'm talking 911 Porsches here).
quick thinking there, Peter! Guess one just inserts the car make or model to suit........

I was telling a neighbour once my take on Prius drivers just as his mate turned up- in a new Prius......

Old 15 Dec 2012, 08:38 (Ref:3178857)   #3540
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Aye up! T'French are coming oop north with them fancy pushbikes. Will mek a change t'ferret racing.

Tour De France will start from Leeds in 2014. So I'll have to get some practice at squeezing into Lycra and become one of them 'MAMIL's (at least I'd like to think I'm still middle-aged ).
It is 2014, rather than next year, as it will take us French until 2014 to find the place that you English call Leeds (is it safe?).
Old 15 Dec 2012, 09:34 (Ref:3178864)   #3541
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
[QUOTE=compte deGraves;3178857

Leeds (is it safe?). [/QUOTE]

My daughter lives there....so probably not
Old 15 Dec 2012, 09:40 (Ref:3178865)   #3542
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It is 2014, rather than next year, as it will take us French until 2014 to find the place that you English call Leeds (is it safe?).
Probably a good supply of drugs there.
Old 15 Dec 2012, 09:51 (Ref:3178867)   #3543
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quite handy for some riders then?
Old 15 Dec 2012, 10:29 (Ref:3178872)   #3544
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At 2am one morning I came across a Swedish truck driver parked outside Leeds castle, peering at a road atlas (it was a few years ago). Leeds, Kent appeared in the index before Leeds, Yorks. He'd got off the ferry in Immingham, I suggested he might like to take full advantage of the next roundabout......
Old 15 Dec 2012, 13:17 (Ref:3178925)   #3545
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
At 2am one morning I came across a Swedish truck driver parked outside Leeds castle, peering at a road atlas (it was a few years ago). Leeds, Kent appeared in the index before Leeds, Yorks. He'd got off the ferry in Immingham, I suggested he might like to take full advantage of the next roundabout......
Back in the 60s there was a gang of workers waiting for a mobile crane lorry to arrive to assemble a farm building in my village of Penshurst, anyway the crane never arrived and the blokes went home ( days before mobile phones)
The next day the firm got a phone call from the crane driver saying that he couldn't find the farm in "Penzance"
Seeing that the firm were based in Tonbridge about 5 miles away from the job they were not amused !!!!!!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 15 Dec 2012, 14:17 (Ref:3178933)   #3546
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very serious Christmas present question here - can you combine old scalextric track with the new digital sets they are selling?
Old 15 Dec 2012, 14:47 (Ref:3178937)   #3547
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Once when in Leeds (Yorks) I was asked where the castle was. There again, in Harrogate I was once asked where the sea was!!
Old 15 Dec 2012, 14:57 (Ref:3178941)   #3548
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post
Very serious Christmas present question here - can you combine old scalextric track with the new digital sets they are selling?
http://www.slotcarcentre.co.uk/acatalog/upgrade.htm
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 15 Dec 2012, 15:52 (Ref:3178952)   #3549
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
- can you combine old scalextric track with the new digital sets they are selling?

As Gordon's link! The basic track is same, then you get digi power piece and controllers plus lane changing sections to make a layout digital.

Of course, purists will look the other way and heaven forbid if you use cars with MAGNETS!
Old 15 Dec 2012, 16:31 (Ref:3178958)   #3550
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
You can also get this. Only $125,000!!