Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 19 Jun 2012, 19:21 (Ref:3095060)   #3676
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermario21 View Post
I remember this happening. I think it was an Audi though, one of the E-trons while it was on the chase. It was either Fassler or Kristensen I just can't remember. It happened in the morning hours a little bit after dawn IIRC. The Vette just spun off and nobody really mentioned it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
Huh, I clearly remember a Vette being spun around and forced to gently back up to the hole in the fence on the SPEED broadcast.
Thats exactly what I am talking about. I remember the car backing up to the hole and then getting around again being pretty torn up in the rear after backing into the wall.

If it was in the early hours of morning then I guess it could not have been a Toyota.
Old 19 Jun 2012, 20:12 (Ref:3095089)   #3677
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I said according to the math. But along your line of though, I didn't say Toyota couldn't do 11 lap stints on the same tires and do 44 laps I'm just doing the math on what happened in the race as an average, I thought that was just a fun thing to do, not a definitive conclusion.
Sorry, I didn't realise that you did it just for fun. Although I did realise it wasn't a definitive conclusion. For fun I used logic, but let me know when you don't want anyone to discuss one of your fun points.

Old 19 Jun 2012, 21:09 (Ref:3095124)   #3678
tyronnezx
Racer

Sri Lanka
New Zealand
tyronnezx has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador View Post
Would love to see Lotterer "come home" to Toyota.

+1 to this. but hes now an Audi guy meanwhile Loic Douval still races for Toyota in SGT. this makes no sense to me whatsoever and Douval should just goto Toyota instead
Old 19 Jun 2012, 21:20 (Ref:3095130)   #3679
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Duval turned down the offer from Peugeot because he really wanted to be an Audi factory driver. To me that means that he will likely stay with Audi next year.

He was the fastest driver in the ultra and he made no mistakes during the race.
Old 19 Jun 2012, 21:30 (Ref:3095134)   #3680
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A danish tabloid (Ekstrabladet) has talked to Tom Kristensen and got a story out of a quote from Tom K: (loosely translated)
Quote:
I got Dr. Wolfgang Ullrich word that's there is more left in me, but i still got an empty contract
Quote:
Jeg har sportschef Dr. Wolfgang Ullrichs ord for, at der er mere tilbage i mig, men jeg har fortsat et tomt papir
Tom K has been approached by Toyota, this is certain. But that he took up the offer, is unlikely i my mind.
http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_s...cle1777743.ece
Old 19 Jun 2012, 21:59 (Ref:3095149)   #3681
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
That story sounds hard to believe. I would think that Kristensen and McNish can stay at Audi as long as they like.
Old 19 Jun 2012, 22:05 (Ref:3095153)   #3682
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Has anyone come across pictures from the TS030 without the rear body work?

The best I could find, are these two pictures:

source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/laurent...7630180793298/

It is obvious that the photographer was instructed not to take pictures from the rear end of the car.

I read in the garage visit topic that the gearbox and hybrid system were visible. This suggests that the engine cover was off. However, I can only assume that it was forbidden to take pictures in the garage.
Old 19 Jun 2012, 22:46 (Ref:3095173)   #3683
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
That also maybe explain why Toyota did an around about method of changing the tail after Nakajima struck the DW, almost as if TMG intentionally designed the tail so it could be removed without lifting the rear deck, though I think in that situation that it would've been quicker to have lifted/changed the engine cover.
Old 19 Jun 2012, 23:48 (Ref:3095209)   #3684
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Sorry to double post, but Dagys' LM wrap up notebook says that there's still strong rumors of a 2nd Toyota entry for Fuji, namely as TMG have salvaged the #8's tub from the LM accident.
Old 20 Jun 2012, 06:33 (Ref:3095256)   #3685
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie3Hz...ature=g-user-u
Motor Trend uploaded a well-produced video today covering the Toyota effort (including a peek at Toyota Motorsport's facilities which hold all of Toyota's F1 and Le Mans cars). A shame about the ending of course, but it's far from over for the Toyota team
Old 20 Jun 2012, 07:28 (Ref:3095273)   #3686
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Nice, but a bit of poor research in there, the #8 wasn't leading while the accident occurred.
Old 20 Jun 2012, 08:07 (Ref:3095287)   #3687
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
I read in the garage visit topic that the gearbox and hybrid system were visible. This suggests that the engine cover was off. However, I can only assume that it was forbidden to take pictures in the garage.
We saw EVERYTHING!.
But sadly, not photos of the rear of the cars where allowed.
If you have any specific questions i can try answering them based on my memory .

Fx. the V8 engine is very tiny and mounted very low and center in the chassis. (and by tiny, it's incredible tiny)
Old 20 Jun 2012, 08:29 (Ref:3095297)   #3688
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
Nice, but a bit of poor research in there, the #8 wasn't leading while the accident occurred.
Indeed. And they make it seem that the #7 Toyota got out of contention for a win because of accident damage. No mention of the reliability issues...
Old 20 Jun 2012, 09:42 (Ref:3095322)   #3689
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Sorry, I didn't realise that you did it just for fun. Although I did realise it wasn't a definitive conclusion. For fun I used logic, but let me know when you don't want anyone to discuss one of your fun points.

I'm a bit puzzled by what you're getting at. I thought I used logic backed by facts when I said Toyota were kinder to the tires than Audi by the amount of times they changed tires. My stint calculations were just 'estimates' or 'for fun'. Not my comment about the tires. I just did a simple calculation with the lap amounts and the time they changed tires. Not trying to be argumentative, just going off the information we had from the race.
Old 20 Jun 2012, 12:49 (Ref:3095414)   #3690
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
We saw EVERYTHING!.
But sadly, not photos of the rear of the cars where allowed.
If you have any specific questions i can try answering them based on my memory .

Fx. the V8 engine is very tiny and mounted very low and center in the chassis. (and by tiny, it's incredible tiny)
Did you see rear subframe?
(Dome S102 has CFRP sub frame)

Last edited by Japanese Samurai; 20 Jun 2012 at 13:00.
Old 20 Jun 2012, 13:09 (Ref:3095424)   #3691
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't really think it's right to be given access to the cars and then to try and tell people their internal secrets - cameras or no cameras.
Old 20 Jun 2012, 13:21 (Ref:3095428)   #3692
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
It really is hard to take seriously a factory effort that fields one car. Simply put, if they want to be on terms with Audi, they'll need to put forth a similar effort.
Old 20 Jun 2012, 13:27 (Ref:3095433)   #3693
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post

Correct.
Old 20 Jun 2012, 13:33 (Ref:3095442)   #3694
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Samurai View Post
Did you see rear subframe?
(Dome S102 has CFRP sub frame)
As i remember, No.
If we did, it certainly wasn't gold.
Old 20 Jun 2012, 13:44 (Ref:3095452)   #3695
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks!
Old 20 Jun 2012, 13:48 (Ref:3095457)   #3696
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I don't really think it's right to be given access to the cars and then to try and tell people their internal secrets - cameras or no cameras.
Yes.
But i'm not able to recollect anything worth any value to anyone.

But if i could, i wouldn't tell
Old 20 Jun 2012, 14:15 (Ref:3095464)   #3697
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
It really is hard to take seriously a factory effort that fields one car. Simply put, if they want to be on terms with Audi, they'll need to put forth a similar effort.
That part comes next year. Two cars in the WEC and three at Le Mans.
Old 20 Jun 2012, 14:23 (Ref:3095466)   #3698
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
They don't, they are only in the WEC this year because the ACO/FIA begged them.
Old 20 Jun 2012, 15:35 (Ref:3095506)   #3699
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
As i remember, No.
If we did, it certainly wasn't gold.
Nope didn't see that either. If I remember correctly the engine was mounted directly to the monocoque and the transmission directly behind that.
Old 20 Jun 2012, 15:36 (Ref:3095507)   #3700
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrNCH7eWCmw