Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 30 Mar 2010, 04:54 (Ref:2663208)   #351
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
But Ayse ..... it wasnt even their team . T2M ran the car , and were duped with false promises as to what spec it really was .

I have a feeling that good will come this June regarding JLOC ..... I feel it in me waters !!!

Anyway ..... It will sound brilliant .
Empty vessels make the most noise.
Old 30 Mar 2010, 07:27 (Ref:2663256)   #352
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
But Ayse ..... it wasnt even their team . T2M ran the car , and were duped with false promises as to what spec it really was .

I have a feeling that good will come this June regarding JLOC ..... I feel it in me waters !!!

Anyway ..... It will sound brilliant .
The problem here is that to give JLOC another chance then some else losses their chance and that is unfair to them, the performance of JLOC last year should have been enough to let someone else have that opportunity and the ACO have IMO acted against the wishes of most fans and the good of sportscar racing. Much as i would like to see a Lambo at Le mans this year JLOC should not have been given another chance.
Old 30 Mar 2010, 12:35 (Ref:2663455)   #353
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Other teams were given the same oppertunity to win an entry with respect to the AsLMS ..... you can hardly blame JLOC for abiding with the rules .

ACO set the rules , JLOC pulled out all the stops and won . In accordance with the rules they won fair and square . If another team didnt win that enrty , thats their issue , isnt it ?

Im not overly delighted to see them back , over what they did . But whey won it .

Nothing really to discuss , now is there ?

I said before that race , it would be a laugh if JLOC won an entry ..... and they did .
Old 30 Mar 2010, 12:37 (Ref:2663456)   #354
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
Empty vessels make the most noise.
Your suggesting the Reiter Lambo is an empty vessel ?

Much like WR , Courage , and a host of other failed French Le Mans efforts !!!
Old 30 Mar 2010, 13:06 (Ref:2663478)   #355
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Your suggesting the Reiter Lambo is an empty vessel ?

Much like WR , Courage , and a host of other failed French Le Mans efforts !!!
I'm not sure that's altogether fair on the French. They don't always fail:
Peugeot, Rondeau, Matra, Talbot, Bugatti, Delahaye, La Lorraine, Chenard et Walcker - eight winners - which is more different marques than any other country.

In addition the winners are nearly all totally French. Was the Bentley of 2003 British or German? Were the Wyer GT40s British or American? Is the JLOC Lamborghini Japanese, Italian or German? Perhaps it's an empty vessel sailing uinder a flag of convenience....

Ayse will quite justifiably tell us that we're getting off topic - again!
Old 30 Mar 2010, 14:03 (Ref:2663513)   #356
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
And going back on-topic, it's almost April and the entry list is still exactly the one which was announced in the first days of February. Which actually seems rather odd, I guess in previous years there had been at least one withdrawal by this moment... (please correct me if I'm wrong)
Old 30 Mar 2010, 14:21 (Ref:2663528)   #357
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
911targa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi,i'm new here,im curious about that too
anyway,i think we haven't hear from some teams for some time,such as Luc Alphand Aventures,JLOC(maybe they will race at AsLMS),BMS Scuderia Italia...
so will they only race at LM24 this year
Old 30 Mar 2010, 14:31 (Ref:2663537)   #358
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
911targa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i guess the lemans porsche should line up like this(if there's no GT withdrawn)
75 Splunteren(confirmed)--Westbrook(maybe he will replace Niek Hommerson)--Holzer(maybe replace Louis Machiels)
76 Raymond(confirmed)--Pilet(probably)--Long(probably)
77 Sr Felbermayr(confirmed)--Lieb(confirmed)--Lietz(confirmed)
80 Neiman(confirmed)--Bergmeister(probably)--Law(maybe comes Overbreek)
97 Malucelli(confirmed)--Henzler(probably)--Ragginger(probably)
Old 30 Mar 2010, 14:42 (Ref:2663545)   #359
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911targa View Post
I thought Felbermayr Jr was confirmed in the #77 and Lieb in the reserve... which also means (with the new driver rules) that they can't be slapped in the same car, they have to be swapped around if there are no withdrawals and they have to get Lieb into the car that's in the race.

BTW, has Hindhaugh realised by now that BMS are running a Porsche and not a Ferrari? He said BMS was entering a 430 GT2 on MWM after the entry list was announced...
Old 30 Mar 2010, 15:26 (Ref:2663580)   #360
Le Vieux
Veteran

Quote:
Hi,i'm new here,im curious about that too
anyway,i think we haven't hear from some teams for some time,such as Luc Alphand Aventures,JLOC(maybe they will race at AsLMS),BMS Scuderia Italia...
so will they only race at LM24 this year
Welcome to 10/10ths, 911 Targa.

I think you're right about the entry. Many teams are strangely quiet. There are still ten weeks to go to the race, but, as far as I'm aware, not even rumours of withdrawals.
Old 30 Mar 2010, 16:24 (Ref:2663608)   #361
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
75 Splunteren(confirmed)--Westbrook(maybe he will replace Niek Hommerson)--Holzer(maybe replace Louis Machiels)
I would like to see 2 qiuck drivers with the Lizards , not Law !!!

Welcome to 10/tenths targa .
Old 30 Mar 2010, 17:42 (Ref:2663637)   #362
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I would like to see 2 qiuck drivers with the Lizards , not Law !!!

Welcome to 10/tenths targa .
Law is quick.
Old 30 Mar 2010, 17:46 (Ref:2663641)   #363
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
I thought Felbermayr Jr was confirmed in the #77 and Lieb in the reserve... which also means (with the new driver rules) that they can't be slapped in the same car
The #1 driver of any car in the race cannot be replaced at all, so in Felbermayr Proton's case if the #88 does not make it into the race Lieb and Lietz will join Horst Felbermayr in the #77, not replace him.
Old 30 Mar 2010, 17:54 (Ref:2663646)   #364
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
The #1 driver of any car in the race cannot be replaced at all, so in Felbermayr Proton's case if the #88 does not make it into the race Lieb and Lietz will join Horst Felbermayr in the #77, not replace him.
What I read into the rule was that a team could swap its two #1 drivers between the cars if they have two cars on the entry or reserve list, and Lieb is the #1 driver in the #88 (reserve 1) while Felbermayr is #1 on the #77, so at least from what I understand of the rule, they can only do a straight swap between them and not pair them in the same car if #88 does not get in.

EDIT: I'm particularly talking about this line in the driver rule:
Quote:
· Should a competitor have 2 selected cars, the designated drivers will be able to be inverted on the car of the same competitor.
It's probably a bit questionable, but I'd say "inverted" = "swap the two between cars", TBH. (http://www.lemans.org/files/reglemen...lier_fr_gb.pdf , art. 3.4.3)
Old 30 Mar 2010, 18:38 (Ref:2663679)   #365
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think we should also consider if Felbermayr wants that .. they could've nominated some works porsche driver for the #77 and still Horst drive in that car ..

Ciao Marco
Old 30 Mar 2010, 18:50 (Ref:2663692)   #366
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
What I read into the rule was that a team could swap its two #1 drivers between the cars if they have two cars on the entry or reserve list, and Lieb is the #1 driver in the #88 (reserve 1) while Felbermayr is #1 on the #77, so at least from what I understand of the rule, they can only do a straight swap between them and not pair them in the same car if #88 does not get in.

EDIT: I'm particularly talking about this line in the driver rule:

It's probably a bit questionable, but I'd say "inverted" = "swap the two between cars", TBH. (http://www.lemans.org/files/reglemen...lier_fr_gb.pdf , art. 3.4.3)
Note "2 Selected Cars" a reserve is not a Selected car.
Old 30 Mar 2010, 19:35 (Ref:2663728)   #367
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Agreed, the rule would only come into play if there was a withdrawal and the #88 took it's place as one of the 55 'selected' cars.
Old 30 Mar 2010, 19:51 (Ref:2663743)   #368
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Exactly, it's not an issue until it's selected, but if it becomes selected, is the nominated driver of a previously unselected car then swappable....?

(I think we've been here before somehow....)
Old 30 Mar 2010, 19:59 (Ref:2663749)   #369
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Exactly, it's not an issue until it's selected, but if it becomes selected, is the nominated driver of a previously unselected car then swappable....?

(I think we've been here before somehow....)
Yes we have .
But i believe that they are swappable, as they no longer are entered in the race?
Old 30 Mar 2010, 20:00 (Ref:2663751)   #370
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Isn't Westbrook long confirmed in the JMW car?
Old 30 Mar 2010, 20:01 (Ref:2663752)   #371
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Yes we have .
But i believe that they are swappable, as they no longer are entered in the race?
The question in my mind then - why name drivers in the reserve cars at all if at that point they're not selected?
Old 30 Mar 2010, 20:09 (Ref:2663757)   #372
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Hmm, that could be debated! They are selected reserves.

L.P.
Old 30 Mar 2010, 20:12 (Ref:2663760)   #373
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Now I could have guessed that reply would come from you Lane.......

Great rules though aren't they, so precise and unambiguous......
Old 30 Mar 2010, 20:12 (Ref:2663761)   #374
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
The question in my mind then - why name drivers in the reserve cars at all if at that point they're not selected?
Generally i believe the idea of nominate drivers for the cars are a vague rule! The idea is good, but not good enough for a rule.
Old 30 Mar 2010, 20:14 (Ref:2663762)   #375
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Hmm, that could be debated! They are selected reserves.

L.P.
No, it cant be debated, Selected cars refer to cars Selected to take part in the race, Reserves are not Selected cars until they are taken off the Reserve list and added to the Race entry list.