Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 7 Nov 2023, 13:23 (Ref:4184979)   #351
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The ACO have just said on FB that there will be no more camping tickets on sale on 15th November.
Old 7 Nov 2023, 13:27 (Ref:4184982)   #352
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Camping was nuts. Reminded me a lot of trying to get football tickets. Seeing pitches that are available in tiny numbers, but in reality you know there aren't and they've sold out.

I have a Hippodrome and Prairie camping pass. So will be selling one of those for sure at some point. Hopefully both - just depends if an agency comes through with an upgrade. I do think most of those camping pitches never even hit the site this morning. If fans were more organised this year, you can be agencies were too.

Grandstand was fine - got in where I wanted. Albeit I didn't see any evidence of full-week grandstand tickets which were mentioned?
Old 7 Nov 2023, 13:34 (Ref:4184986)   #353
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I do think most of those camping pitches never even hit the site this morning. If fans were more organised this year, you can be agencies were too.

Grandstand was fine - got in where I wanted. Albeit I didn't see any evidence of full-week grandstand tickets which were mentioned?
There must have been some, Vincent managed to snag a couple of TR....

MY GS tickets say 'Weekend' but then 'ACO Member - Full Week Price'. There is no such thing on the ticketing page for full week grandstands.
Old 7 Nov 2023, 13:46 (Ref:4184988)   #354
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well finally my camping tickets appeared on my order and completed payment so eventuall got what i wanted 2 Tertre Rouge and 2 Full week GE

Happy bunny
Old 7 Nov 2023, 13:49 (Ref:4184989)   #355
Number7
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Number7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedley Verity View Post
Nope, the Friday, and in 2022, campsite opening has tied in with scrutineering dates for as long as I can remember
My camping ticket for Beausejour (actually like the place) is valid from Friday 7th.
Old 7 Nov 2023, 13:57 (Ref:4184990)   #356
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
BSJ isn't bad, although I've only been there once. A chap near me had all his bedding stolen during the race last year, which was somewhat unpleasant. Shutting the bar and cafe at race end was also inconvenient for some.

I do have a deposit for Porsche Curves with TD, just need to wait for them to confirm.
Old 7 Nov 2023, 14:32 (Ref:4184995)   #357
Hedley Verity
Racer

United Kingdom
Hedley Verity should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number7 View Post
My camping ticket for Beausejour (actually like the place) is valid from Friday 7th.
Can’t say I’m surprised the ACO are saying different things in different places, reckon I’ll head down to be banging on the gates on the Friday morning as usual and if I can’t get in I’ll tootle off somewhere else for a couple of days
Old 7 Nov 2023, 14:41 (Ref:4184998)   #358
jcrb
Rookie

jcrb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I think the mistake I made was actually sitting on the tickets page over half an hour before ticketing opened as I was then dumped out again with 10 minutes to go which put me back behind a lot of other people. But it's done and I'm happy with what I got, but I'm bloody glad I only have to do that once a year....
Yes I had the same experience. Bloody incompetent website design if you ask me, makes you sit on a blank page which gives you no indication it's still working as opposed to hung, and then if you do something which should be safe, switch it from french to english it doesn't just change the page language but reloads and dumps you from the queue. And so I get up an hour before hand get into the waiting room in 3 minutes and then have to wait to get in another hour when it resets.

Which caused one of the spots I wanted to literally sell out while I was on the page after I had added it to my cart!!!! Same thing happened to me last year as well. Next year I'm going to open a separate page for each thing I want to buy so I can click put in cart and purchase and have the 4 min to complete the sale while I get the other things, since the couple of minutes it takes to get everything you want can mean not getting something.
Old 7 Nov 2023, 14:48 (Ref:4184999)   #359
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well finally my camping tickets appeared on my order and completed payment so eventuall got what i wanted 2 Tertre Rouge and 2 Full week GE

Happy bunny
You did very well Simon, I must admit I thought you'd miss out on TR. It's only you and Vincent that I've heard having got TR so far....
Old 7 Nov 2023, 14:49 (Ref:4185000)   #360
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I had that with camping, I'd click on the spot, apply the number required and then get told it wasn't available. Happened three times which is why I went to BSJ.
Old 7 Nov 2023, 14:52 (Ref:4185001)   #361
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrb View Post
Yes I had the same experience. Bloody incompetent website design if you ask me, makes you sit on a blank page which gives you no indication it's still working as opposed to hung, and then if you do something which should be safe, switch it from french to english it doesn't just change the page language but reloads and dumps you from the queue. And so I get up an hour before hand get into the waiting room in 3 minutes and then have to wait to get in another hour when it resets.

Which caused one of the spots I wanted to literally sell out while I was on the page after I had added it to my cart!!!! Same thing happened to me last year as well. Next year I'm going to open a separate page for each thing I want to buy so I can click put in cart and purchase and have the 4 min to complete the sale while I get the other things, since the couple of minutes it takes to get everything you want can mean not getting something.
Yeah, I was afraid to touch or refresh anything, but going in too early was nearly my downfall. I don't think you should attempt to get in any more than 10 minutes in advance.

Welcome to Tenths, by the way!
Old 7 Nov 2023, 15:05 (Ref:4185006)   #362
Hedley Verity
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:

Happy bunny
Have the tickets got a campsite opening date on them?
Old 7 Nov 2023, 15:07 (Ref:4185007)   #363
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Tertre Rouge tickets say June 7th, 9:00am
Old 7 Nov 2023, 15:16 (Ref:4185010)   #364
Hedley Verity
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Tertre Rouge tickets say June 7th, 9:00am
If I get tickets that’s when I’ll be turning up then, whether it does me any good is another matter
Old 7 Nov 2023, 15:29 (Ref:4185012)   #365
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
So looks like opens sunday rather than the friday, not handy if you want to be there for start of practice day.
Old 7 Nov 2023, 15:37 (Ref:4185014)   #366
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I had that with camping, I'd click on the spot, apply the number required and then get told it wasn't available. Happened three times which is why I went to BSJ.
Kept telling me when there were two pitches together that you couldn't leave a single one on its own. Which quite frankly is a p*sstake. Reeks of ticketing software carried over from stadium/grandstand seating. It shouldn't be applied to campsite pitches IMO.
Old 7 Nov 2023, 15:38 (Ref:4185015)   #367
Hedley Verity
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
So looks like opens sunday rather than the friday, not handy if you want to be there for start of practice day.
The 7th is the Friday, after all this it’ll probably the the Saturday when they open up
Old 7 Nov 2023, 15:58 (Ref:4185017)   #368
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wonder if any of the lucky early logged in members actually got Houx(annexe) epinettes,
How can that be sold out in minutes when there is a max of 3 per membership!
Something is not right here.
Old 7 Nov 2023, 16:16 (Ref:4185020)   #369
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
I wonder if any of the lucky early logged in members actually got Houx(annexe) epinettes,
i think the agencies had already been allocated a fair chuck of the camping spaces so the few that were left went quickly. Expect to see some on ebay at slightly above cost very soon unfortunately for real fans
Old 7 Nov 2023, 16:32 (Ref:4185022)   #370
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I already heard of people buying for larger groupes, not agencies, getting there large plots camping yesterday!? Not fair.
Old 7 Nov 2023, 16:45 (Ref:4185024)   #371
Richard117
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
Richard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRichard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
I managed to get Houx at about 10:15. According to the map where I selected my pitch, there were only about 50 pitches left.
Old 7 Nov 2023, 17:37 (Ref:4185032)   #372
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Seems to have been a bit of a lottery..... No great surprise though.
Old 7 Nov 2023, 19:37 (Ref:4185042)   #373
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Looks like all Grandstands gone now. Not sure if anything will be held back for the "main public sale".
Old 7 Nov 2023, 19:50 (Ref:4185045)   #374
crooky
Racer

crooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crooky View Post
Am I naive in thinking tickets should be relatively easy to get if you're a ACO member?

Ten years ago you could get GA, grandstand seats opposite the podium and a camping spot in February.

Not sure it's got that much more popular?

Silly boy!

90% sellout of grandstands in two hours this year. Absolutely mental.
Old 7 Nov 2023, 20:24 (Ref:4185047)   #375
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by crooky View Post
Silly boy!

90% sellout of grandstands in two hours this year. Absolutely mental.
Yeah we're into a new era now. The big question is how long will it last?