Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 16 Feb 2014, 08:35 (Ref:3368979)   #351
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
love your avatar
Old 16 Feb 2014, 09:23 (Ref:3368990)   #352
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
love your avatar
I think it's a deep wish.
Old 16 Feb 2014, 10:02 (Ref:3368996)   #353
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Now that the entry lists and first drivers have been announced for the LM24, it is about time to spout some REAL nonsense!

Again, very speculative, but better than writing it out again.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:B...ive_Entry_List
Are you going to take a copy Beetle and see how many you get right come June?

I think Ho-Pin Tung has already been confirmed in the Team Asia Ligier.

I also spot a couple of 'all-pro' line-ups in LMP2 there with Greaves and Oak #35.

A few media outlets have printed his name, but Greg Murphy isn't driving his own car. His name is just a place-holder for the #48.
Old 16 Feb 2014, 12:28 (Ref:3369032)   #354
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
What are we going to say now instead of 'Oh dear, Tracy's dropped it again.........'......
hahaha yes Tracy himself is not exactly the best of drivers, but my brother and I found his car the easiest to spot during the night when we first went the Le Mans, then just started supporting him from there.
We've met him a couple of times too, and he's an extremely personable chap, and I respect the fact that he's racing purely for the love of it

I also love an underdog, which is why my other favourite team is Rebellion
Old 16 Feb 2014, 13:58 (Ref:3369055)   #355
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
I think it's a deep wish.
Yep, and this year Mark Webber is already a treat, looking forward to shaking hands with him.
Old 16 Feb 2014, 15:10 (Ref:3369067)   #356
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
#67 IMSA Porsche drivers = Erik Maris, Jean-Marc Merlin & Eric Hélary.

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/eri...rmance-matmut/
Old 16 Feb 2014, 15:19 (Ref:3369068)   #357
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post

Cool. Any news about #76 IMSA Matmut?
Old 16 Feb 2014, 18:49 (Ref:3369112)   #358
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Pretty cool to see Helary back and always good to get former winners on the grid.

Crazy to think he hasn't raced at the 24 since climbing off the podium in 2006.

Wonder what his driver rating is now? He's only a year older than TK.

Last edited by Simmi; 16 Feb 2014 at 18:58.
Old 16 Feb 2014, 19:23 (Ref:3369131)   #359
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Probably platinum if they go off of him being less than 55 years of age, overall LM winner and has raced in F1 (held a FIA F1 grade Super License). Although he never raced for them at the time, he was a test driver for Peugeot during the 908 program, and his LM win was with the then factory Peugeot team in the 3.5 Group C days. But as for what the final classification is, that's up to the ACO, though he does meet platinum ranking requirements.
Old 16 Feb 2014, 19:59 (Ref:3369143)   #360
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yep - nice blast from the past.

I think he'll be platinum like you say, despite his time away.
Old 16 Feb 2014, 20:21 (Ref:3369148)   #361
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dempsey still looking for funding for its entry.

http://sportscar365.com/wec/lemans/d...onal-partners/

Surely some good PR value there for someone but it didn't stop them running unsponsored last year.
Old 17 Feb 2014, 01:34 (Ref:3369213)   #362
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Are you going to take a copy Beetle and see how many you get right come June?

I think Ho-Pin Tung has already been confirmed in the Team Asia Ligier.

I also spot a couple of 'all-pro' line-ups in LMP2 there with Greaves and Oak #35.

A few media outlets have printed his name, but Greg Murphy isn't driving his own car. His name is just a place-holder for the #48.
I realize that about Greg Murphy, but I didn't want to have only one driver for that car.

And damn thee LMP2 regs!! Always very confusing... ah well, Christian Zugel should fit the mould.

And I will take this old copy to the 24 hours, along with the thousands of new iterations and updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post

Well there goes Merlin. I had a feeling he'd be doing Le Mans again, but with Craft, not IMSA Performance Matmut! Surprised Narac isn't on there... there would have to be three GTE dropouts for the no. 76 to make it on the grid.

So that begs the question... who's going to occupy the third spot at Craft?
Old 17 Feb 2014, 19:57 (Ref:3369429)   #363
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/un-...eures-du-mans/

Confirmation that Sebastien Loeb will be actively involved in his team's LMP2 effort at Le Mans this year (as a team manager), but will NOT be driving.
Old 17 Feb 2014, 20:34 (Ref:3369444)   #364
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/un-...eures-du-mans/

Confirmation that Sebastien Loeb will be actively involved in his team's LMP2 effort at Le Mans this year (as a team manager), but will NOT be driving.
A shame, that... but not exactly unexpected.

Since Kevin Estre has TUSC duty in Detroit, I think the lineup should be Rast, Andreas Zuber, and Olivier Lombard.
Old 17 Feb 2014, 20:55 (Ref:3369452)   #365
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well having a WTCC race both before and after Le Mans, it's no surprise
Old 17 Feb 2014, 21:19 (Ref:3369468)   #366
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Does this work?

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?page...G0AgdNUfOoW_aU

Last edited by Mike E; 17 Feb 2014 at 21:29.
Old 17 Feb 2014, 21:36 (Ref:3369473)   #367
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Excellent! Thank you !
Old 17 Feb 2014, 21:38 (Ref:3369474)   #368
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I guess it does, then!

I will try to maintain it if I am not overwhelmed by technology.
Old 17 Feb 2014, 21:49 (Ref:3369482)   #369
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Great effort Mike!
Old 17 Feb 2014, 23:29 (Ref:3369518)   #370
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Some interesting new entries on there, assuming that they're folk who have actively asked to be graded.
Old 18 Feb 2014, 12:09 (Ref:3369673)   #371
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

Ginaro Zukovsky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Steve Wyatt was Bronze according to the AsLMS website
Old 18 Feb 2014, 12:27 (Ref:3369678)   #372
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
http://as-web.jp/news/info.php?c_id=9&no=54525
According to Japanese Autosport web,
ACO had decided in September, last year that there was no automatic invitation in the GTE class of AsLMS.
However, Ricky Chiba (team owner of TAISAN) did not know that.
Old 18 Feb 2014, 12:39 (Ref:3369686)   #373
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Samurai View Post
http://as-web.jp/news/info.php?c_id=9&no=54525
According to Japanese Autosport web,
ACO had decided in September, last year that there was no automatic invitation in the GTE class of AsLMS.
However, Ricky Chiba (team owner of TAISAN) did not know that.
Oh dear.

I'm not sure why there isn't an auto invite? Seems that the AsLMS needs a bit of help. It's a bit of a disgrace for me that Taisan didn't get in. The only reason I could of think of is that they haven't confirmed a 2014 programme? It just seems like such a wasted opportunity.

In other Ferrari news, Alvaro Parente joins RAM's pro car. Quality addition.
Old 18 Feb 2014, 12:42 (Ref:3369688)   #374
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Oh dear.

I'm not sure why there isn't an auto invite? Seems that the AsLMS needs a bit of help. It's a bit of a disgrace for me that Taisan didn't get in. The only reason I could of think of is that they haven't confirmed a 2014 programme? It just seems like such a wasted opportunity.

In other Ferrari news, Alvaro Parente joins RAM's pro car. Quality addition.
That is because competition did not exist in the GTE class.
Old 19 Feb 2014, 03:53 (Ref:3369944)   #375
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Yep - nice blast from the past.

I think he'll be platinum like you say, despite his time away.
Helary may be platinum, but even he'll need retraining. According to Sportscar 365's article on the LM circuit changes, he'll have to spend several hours worth of time in a simulator before the ACO will willingly allow him to go out even for the test day. Just as running in the test day is required for rookie driver or those who haven't raced at LM for more than 3 years, that simulation time is required for rookies and drivers who haven't raced at LM for more than 3 years.