Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 10 Nov 2010, 03:01 (Ref:2787884)   #351
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Lexus in talks with V8 Supercars
Old 10 Nov 2010, 05:44 (Ref:2787906)   #352
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
holden won't like this news. They got rid of the Nissans. I wonder what they've got in their bag of tricks to scuttle Toyota's involvement.
Old 10 Nov 2010, 11:23 (Ref:2787999)   #353
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
holden won't like this news. They got rid of the Nissans. I wonder what they've got in their bag of tricks to scuttle Toyota's involvement.
Why would they care? the cars will be 100% identicle by then. Toyota, lexus, hot wheels, all the bloody same......

I'm not sure how old you are, but i thought you'd be a little more intelligent to remember that it was a specific cars dominance that they didn't like.
Or are you assuming there going to be racing the R35 against our cars?
Old 10 Nov 2010, 19:40 (Ref:2788230)   #354
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
You're on my ignore list stealthy.
Old 10 Nov 2010, 22:02 (Ref:2788280)   #355
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
You're on my ignore list stealthy.
I figured as much. It was a rhitorical question anyways, I already knew what your asnwer was (I was actually hoping I was wrong, I never thought anyone would be delusional enough to think that they'd actually be racing lexus' off the showroom floor)
Old 10 Nov 2010, 23:44 (Ref:2788342)   #356
mildura1963
Racer

Australia
Ex Mildura now in Hamilton NZ
mildura1963 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am assuming the Lexus will be a different beast to those raced in the Japanese Championship!!!
Old 11 Nov 2010, 01:12 (Ref:2788363)   #357
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mildura1963 View Post
I am assuming the Lexus will be a different beast to those raced in the Japanese Championship!!!
You know what COTF is right? A kit car.....Almost nascar, except our 'badges' wont be painted on with stickers....
Old 11 Nov 2010, 02:56 (Ref:2788384)   #358
mildura1963
Racer

Australia
Ex Mildura now in Hamilton NZ
mildura1963 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
same with DTM & Jap Tourers as well then. I was just wondering how you could change a DTM type car to a V8SC.
Old 11 Nov 2010, 03:10 (Ref:2788386)   #359
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mildura1963 View Post
same with DTM & Jap Tourers as well then. I was just wondering how you could change a DTM type car to a V8SC.
Well most things are going to be controlled. Its basically Aussie Racing cars but at full scale (only difference is the body panels)
Old 11 Nov 2010, 05:38 (Ref:2788398)   #360
david5
Racer

Australia
Coonabarabran NSW
david5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The racings better in ARC though.
Old 30 Dec 2010, 20:33 (Ref:2809521)   #361
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
COTF Test Delayed

Seems that this new car will be like a Sports Sedan more than a V8Supercar
Old 30 Dec 2010, 22:56 (Ref:2809557)   #362
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fly by wire throttle control... Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Article
Pedal Box Mon 13 December 2010

Triple Eight Race Engineering won the tender to produce the pedal box for COTF.

Manufacturer has began on two complete pedal boxes for the prototypes and ultimately 50 will be built in the final production process.

The components use billet aluminium 7075-T6 which is aircraft grade material and all components are CNC machined.

While the pedal box is a complete redesign over the current cars the Alcon master cylinders and balance bars are carry-overs.

As Triple Eight is producing such large quantities, machining time savings and the size of the raw materials translate to cost savings that is passed onto the teams with the price of the COTF pedal box a lot less than the current spec arrangements.

One of the major differences with the COTF pedal assembly is that it will use fly-by-wire throttle control, making the use of mechanical linkages between the throttle and the engine obsolete.

A sensor on the pedal and an electronic drive on the engine will replace mechanical links.
Old 30 Dec 2010, 22:57 (Ref:2809558)   #363
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
COTF Test Delayed

Seems that this new car will be like a Sports Sedan more than a V8Supercar
Over recent years the V8SC cars have been closer to a Sports Sedan than they were t a Touring Car, so it is just another step in the same direction. Another KitKar series.
Makes the award of the ATCC to the winner of the V8 series even more irrelevant.
Old 30 Dec 2010, 23:03 (Ref:2809559)   #364
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtony View Post
Over recent years the V8SC cars have been closer to a Sports Sedan than they were t a Touring Car, so it is just another step in the same direction. Another KitKar series.
Makes the award of the ATCC to the winner of the V8 series even more irrelevant.
I dont recall too much discussion about running transaxles in the COTF model.

That alone moves the car specification well away from 'sedan' based competition..
Old 30 Dec 2010, 23:23 (Ref:2809566)   #365
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
just like a Mercedes Benz SLS.... interesting

and also a lexus...mmmm more interesting
Old 31 Dec 2010, 00:47 (Ref:2809591)   #366
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I dont recall too much discussion about running transaxles in the COTF model.

That alone moves the car specification well away from 'sedan' based competition..
I can't imagine Ford or Holden being impressed.
Old 31 Dec 2010, 02:17 (Ref:2809600)   #367
William Dale Jr
Veteran

Australia
Townsville, North Queensland
William Dale Jr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spaceframe with body panels attached......check.
Polycarbonate windows...........................check.
Visual resemblance to road car.................check.
Big wings and splitters.............................check.
Small-block V8 engine.............................check.
Transaxle.............................................check.

Lucky I love sports sedans
Old 31 Dec 2010, 03:03 (Ref:2809603)   #368
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I like the sound of these new specs. Have always preferred sports sedans to production cars, but don't really care what they call them. These things haven't been what I consider to be touring cars for 30+ years.
Old 7 Jan 2011, 05:51 (Ref:2812263)   #369
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
COTF Introduction Delayed Til 2013

Makes more sense from a parity perspective, all 'cew' COTF cars starting together, the learning curve can be the same for all..

It will also give the category & the teams 2 full seasons to sort the final specs, gain team consensus, get the cars out there...
Old 7 Jan 2011, 10:21 (Ref:2812345)   #370
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
COTF Introduction Delayed Til 2013

Makes more sense from a parity perspective, all 'cew' COTF cars starting together, the learning curve can be the same for all..

It will also give the category & the teams 2 full seasons to sort the final specs, gain team consensus, get the cars out there...

Or did single Car owners and the rest work out, that they would be left holding old frames , and will they be passed onto the development series, knowing they will be redundant within the next two years?

Bisuness decison by 75% owners of International V8 Supercars.
Old 7 Jan 2011, 10:29 (Ref:2812350)   #371
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
Or did single Car owners and the rest work out, that they would be left holding old frames , and will they be passed onto the development series, knowing they will be redundant within the next two years?

Bisuness decison by 75% owners of International V8 Supercars.
As of 1/1/2013, the current V8Supercars as they stand, will only be eligible for the Fujitsu series.

Some current REC holders have several chassis in their garages, and the tear up here could be significant. For example, Mr Rogers' team has 5 VE chassis in their shed, apparently a new one coming this year, so that's 6 cars @ $200k a pop that will be ineligible to play in the big game in 2013

That so many chassis will become available at one time will mean a glut unable to be satisfied by buyers, such that the $200k price may fall significantly.

The plan for COTF originally was that the powerplant could be reused in the COFT chassis, so it isnt a total tear up, but just like the Group C to Group A conversion, or the Group A to V8Supercar, it will not be an inexpensive changeover...

No different to switching from VZ to VE or BF to FG however
Old 7 Jan 2011, 21:34 (Ref:2812734)   #372
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
do you think the teams were consulted on this GTR? Im going with yes.

they will have know this is happening for 3 years by the time it has happened.

plus you say 200k like its big money for a v8 team. Its not much more than Cam and skaife got for the enduro drives.

If gary is caught with 6 cars in the garage, he is a bad businessmen

This in theory will be good for the fujitsu series, lots of quality cars on the market at a fair price
Old 7 Jan 2011, 23:51 (Ref:2812773)   #373
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Mr Rogers' team has 5 VE chassis in their shed, apparently a new one coming this year
Why would GRM hang onto 6 cars? No buyers? Or maybe they some of them aren't even close to useable, therefore not worth $200k? Or perhaps not worth selling?
Old 10 Jan 2011, 01:17 (Ref:2813488)   #374
Marcos WTF
Racer

Australia
On a former RAAF airfield
Marcos WTF is a back marker
So who got the contract to print the fake head/tail light stickers?
CompletelyOffTheF***ing planet is a bad joke.
Old 10 Jan 2011, 01:37 (Ref:2813492)   #375
Oreti kid
Racer

New Zealand
Toowoomba
Oreti kid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NZ COTF News

OK it seem like both sides of the ditch have agreed on a single supplier(Constructor) and NZ's one will be rolling on track March 2011.

With the imminent arrival of the ‘Car of Tomorrow’ (COT) the door now opens for exciting and plentiful opportunities for the future of NZV8s in New Zealand.

The COT is the future of the leading class in New Zealand and heralds a new and exciting beginning of another super V8 era in local motorsport history.

The COT concept was right from the start to have identical and affordable chassis for all competitors that look the same as the Australian V8 Supercars. The NZV8 COT and the Australian V8 Supercars ‘Car of the Future’ (COF), are both being built in the same workshop.

While cars on both sides of the Tasman will look the same, there are major differences under the skin, in both the chassis, and in the form of engine, brakes, suspension and transmission. What will take place in NZ is in the final stages of development with the prospect of full racing with a minimum of sixteen teams next season.

Most important to the commitment of this future direction is the agreement of current teams to the project and it is reported that twelve teams have invested in the COT project. It is anticipated that a number of other teams will commit once the prototype is on track in NZ early next year.

The prototype chassis will arrive in New Zealand at the end of January and will be completed here in New Zealand prior to its debut at the Taupo round of the BNT V8s in early March 2011.

One could argue that NZV8s in their current form looks decidedly aged, and they would be correct. While the Ford Falcon, based on an AU Falcon shell,has been a able to update its body panels to look similar to the BF model, the Holden Commodore is even older being based on the VT model, and apart from minor panel work upgrades has not been able to do the same, as the Falcon, without significant chassis changes that were not conducive to the class in its current form.

What both the COT and COF concept also allow, is for other car manufacturers to compete in the series, with the same chassis. Body panels are effectively ‘bolted’ on according to what marquee the team is representing – Holden, Ford, Toyota, Hyundai and so on.

However, the class is not so much about looks as about combination of new and modern technology, cost cutting, parity, control, lower running and competition cost, innovation and marketing.

There is no doubt that the new V8 class will attract more Australians to our shores. The summer racing season in NZ gives plenty of race mileage and action for young drivers whose ambitions are for the V8 Supercars. The new generation NZV8s will give excellent experience at an affordable cost.

This season we have young Australian Scott McLaughlan racing in the BNT V8s for the experience as a stepping stone for the big league. His team have a two year program which incorporates racing in NZ and interest will be high in the COT for next year.

But what is to be done about the current line up of chassis and team equipment?

VEEGA have stated that it is their wish to develop a Fujitsu Australian style Championship for the class to carry on as a ‘Tier One’ support class with several options, as to race formats etc.

More controls can be introduced to cut running costs such as number of tyres allowed per season, engine and brake package controls.

This in turn opens up more opportunities for up and coming drivers with V8 Supercar aspirations and gives them more choice for experience within NZ.

COT promoters have got this formula right. The result will be a healthy, exciting and modern class of racing which heralds a new and much looked forward to era of V8 racing in New Zealand.