Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 29 May 2010, 13:29 (Ref:2700375)   #351
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is it possible to synchronize the Eurosport player images with RLM's radio coverage?

I've never done it before and if it's possible, I might give it a try during the practice sessions.

It was always quite inconvenient to see something happen on video and only hear RLM mention it a few seconds later.

And about the live timing, I sure hope the ACO didn't put it on the pay part. It would be a shame and I think the membership is 35 euros or something about that. Taking into account what the site has during the year, it is a hefty fee.
Old 29 May 2010, 14:36 (Ref:2700394)   #352
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllonFS View Post
I believe the Club Arnage guide which has become the definitive guide (by fans for fans) will be available for download from 31st May. Normally announced here by someone with a direct link.
Quite correct, with the mods permission a link can be put up on 10/10ths. it will be available very soon and has been put together using a wiki, so even more fan input than before!
Old 29 May 2010, 14:51 (Ref:2700399)   #353
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the advice guys.
Think I might try to head from the town to mulsanne corner then rather than the Chinese.
Is there any way to get to the inside of the chicanes now?
Must confess i've not been out to the Chinese since the eighties when we were sitting on straw bails against the armco!
Old 29 May 2010, 14:59 (Ref:2700407)   #354
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What's on in Le Mans 2 weeks before THE EVENT?
slowly but surely, lot of builder are working
1- in the paddock : http://lmp2.numeriblog.fr/.a/6a00d83...f511792970b-pi and http://lmp2.numeriblog.fr/.a/6a00d83...f511834970b-pi
2- VIP receptions : http://lmp2.numeriblog.fr/.a/6a00d83...2806f4c970c-pi and http://lmp2.numeriblog.fr/.a/6a00d83...2806fb4970c-pi
3- the 56th pit , view from the paddock : http://lmp2.numeriblog.fr/.a/6a00d83...f51194b970b-pi
4- a new entrant? href="http://lmp2.numeriblog.fr/.a/6a00d8353685df69e20133ef511a7e970b-pi
5- Woodwork before mechanic : http://lmp2.numeriblog.fr/.a/6a00d83...f511d00970b-pi and http://lmp2.numeriblog.fr/.a/6a00d83...2806d24970c-pi
6- the new public medical center is ready : http://lmp2.numeriblog.fr/.a/6a00d83...2807059970c-pi
7- campsites are almost ready to welcome you :
- blue south http://lmp2.numeriblog.fr/.a/6a00d83...2807287970c-pi
- houx annexe : http://lmp2.numeriblog.fr/.a/6a00d83...28077e4970c-pi
8- huts on the stadium buildingsite near the Antarès entry :http://lmp2.numeriblog.fr/.a/6a00d83...f512705970b-pi
9- the tram ready to keep you through the town : http://lmp2.numeriblog.fr/.a/6a00d83...f5127b4970b-pi
10- The stadium ( for the second league championship....... ) from the tertre rouge : http://lmp2.numeriblog.fr/.a/6a00d83...2807b03970c-pi
Made a tour of the track today on my motorbike, nothing special else, the teams are authorized to drive through the circuit only from Monday morning so no pics about them now.
Old 29 May 2010, 15:29 (Ref:2700424)   #355
neilwilson
Rookie

neilwilson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good photos, thanks.
Old 29 May 2010, 16:32 (Ref:2700445)   #356
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Quite correct, with the mods permission a link can be put up on 10/10ths. it will be available very soon and has been put together using a wiki, so even more fan input than before!

We've done so before - the Guide is a work of art, essential reading for anyone going to Le Mans or even those following it from home. It can probably be added to Horndawg's essential links too.
Old 29 May 2010, 16:41 (Ref:2700451)   #357
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks very much for the photos Mr. b!
Old 29 May 2010, 17:10 (Ref:2700459)   #358
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nice pictures about the preparation, Batmobile !
I'm afraid that the new stadium will hide the first part of the Hunaudières where you can furtively see the cars from the hill. (tertre = small hill).
Old 29 May 2010, 18:07 (Ref:2700494)   #359
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, I think this view belons to the past................
Old 29 May 2010, 18:07 (Ref:2700495)   #360
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
belongs , sorry
Old 29 May 2010, 18:10 (Ref:2700499)   #361
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Top Photos Batmobile!

I like the stash of beers in the half built pits, the workers must have a strong union
Old 29 May 2010, 18:10 (Ref:2700500)   #362
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Over the years a lot of beautiful things have been destroyed, I still miss the trees at the Esses for example, they made a wonderful background for pictures at sunset.
Old 29 May 2010, 20:09 (Ref:2700559)   #363
E-racer
Rookie

Sweden
London
E-racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tell me about it. The place looks like a desert of endless gravel traps. Unless you go to arnage there is no resemblance of a proper road circuit anymore. All the great bits - indianapolis and mulsanne which makes the track so special is off limits to spectators too.
Old 29 May 2010, 21:53 (Ref:2700611)   #364
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-racer View Post
Tell me about it. The place looks like a desert of endless gravel traps. Unless you go to arnage there is no resemblance of a proper road circuit anymore. All the great bits - indianapolis and mulsanne which makes the track so special is off limits to spectators too.
Partly true. But only a small part of the circuit is used all the year : around the Bugatti circuit. The other parts are closed or not used. That's why, since a few years, the ACO has invested for the public confort, especially in the area around the pits and grandstands. You talk about arnage and mulsanne. Actually, in these public areas, the grassis still 40 or 50 cm high. They have not still mowed it.
So effectively, excepted at the 24 hours period ( and le mans classic now), the big circuit is really desert.
No, it's used as a road like another..........
Old 30 May 2010, 05:36 (Ref:2700687)   #365
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Your photo's of what is happening at le Mans are always very welcome Batmobile and very good aswell, thank you for taking the trouble on our behalf.
Old 30 May 2010, 06:52 (Ref:2700696)   #366
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I envy you being able to wander in there whenever you like!
Old 30 May 2010, 06:55 (Ref:2700698)   #367
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
May I remind everyone of my Predictions Thread - progress there is very slow indeed. This time next week, I'll be at the ferry port with James......
Old 30 May 2010, 07:50 (Ref:2700710)   #368
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
May I remind everyone of my Predictions Thread - progress there is very slow indeed. This time next week, I'll be at the ferry port with James......
Have a nice Trip .
Old 30 May 2010, 09:20 (Ref:2700739)   #369
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Considering that it will be hot and sunny, people take their time...
Old 30 May 2010, 09:21 (Ref:2700740)   #370
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I envy you being able to wander in there whenever you like!
I know what you mean. I've been to Le Mans a couple of times in August and there's a surreal feeling to being there when there's no race. It actually feels quite "wrong", yet to the locals, presumably the other 51 weeks of the year are the norm and race week is the unreal part.
Old 30 May 2010, 09:54 (Ref:2700760)   #371
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
I don't feel that exactly, because I'm in love with the race. But a lot of local people are not interested in, and they do consider the 51 other weeks are the norm.
As a fan, when I drive on the public parts of the track, or when I drive through the main entrance to see some cars or motorbikes in practice sessions, There is a special feeling like in a desert, and the question : how so much people can be here one week a year when all the year it's so quite and so decopulated!( I think all the local fans would mind so).
ROLL ON THE RACE WEEK!!!!!!!!
Old 30 May 2010, 09:56 (Ref:2700762)   #372
sssssssss
Veteran

sssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so, will there be any official test day this year or is it cancelled again, like in 2009?
Old 30 May 2010, 10:01 (Ref:2700763)   #373
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
No test day. It's going to be almost like last year, except for the fact that 2 of the 6 running hours on Wednesday count for qualifying.
Old 30 May 2010, 10:39 (Ref:2700783)   #374
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was listening to the Qualifying from last year and I think it was Marino or another of the Scots asking why the practice didn't start on Tuesday and they could have 1 extra session plus qualifying on Wednesday and Thursday.

Any idea why we don't start practice on Tuesday?
Old 30 May 2010, 14:56 (Ref:2700999)   #375
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think they get enough running on wednesday and thursday, no need for tuesday as well! Think of the privateer teams and crews, the whole point of stopping the test w/e was to save costs.