Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 9 Jun 2011, 15:46 (Ref:2894406)   #351
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't miss to join 10 Tenth Chatroom for Qualifying 2 from 1300 EST / 1700 UTC / 1800 BST / 1900 CEST tonight

A safe & enjoyable Le Mans 24h 2011 to everyone involved !
Old 9 Jun 2011, 15:46 (Ref:2894408)   #352
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
news just in, the gte class is the best class curently at le mans with 9 manufacturers, its probably the best racing class in the world curently!!!!

and the waivers isues are anoying, imagine what would happen if peugeut got 1.2mm larger restrictor then the Audi with the same engine. WWIII would break out,.
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 9 Jun 2011, 15:47 (Ref:2894409)   #353
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by haribo View Post
Where do you guys live to have M3 taxis?
At the Nurburgring apparently
Old 9 Jun 2011, 16:07 (Ref:2894429)   #354
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Any word on the state of the IMSA chassis ?
Old 9 Jun 2011, 16:10 (Ref:2894430)   #355
FastJoel31
Veteran

United States
Near Watkins Glen
FastJoel31 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
http://www.roadandtrack.com/content/...MW-M3_data.pdf

look at hte cross section of the road car car, you can clearly see the transmition, and engine position,
That's not even the same car! That is the E46 M3 from 10 years ago!
Old 9 Jun 2011, 16:11 (Ref:2894434)   #356
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
man..........the BMW and the delta thing, that is what people are going on about.

Pescarolo is back people! Not only back but the dang thing is still the top gas/petrol car in prototypes, and I am curious to see if it will continue to be above the Rebellion.

robert
I was really impressed by the lap Collard put down in the first practice, and I think Pescarolo is going to be a suprise when it comes to the overall results.
Old 9 Jun 2011, 16:12 (Ref:2894435)   #357
picchiofan
Racer

Iran
picchiofan User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
No just the fact that the racing version of a taxi cab that dentists drive and I can easily afford can be faster than the racing versions of supercars that I could only dream to afford.
So, the racing version of the 65k BMW is faster than the racing version of the 49k Chevy and the 78k Porsche.

Huh?
Old 9 Jun 2011, 16:14 (Ref:2894438)   #358
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastJoel31 View Post
That's not even the same car! That is the E46 M3 from 10 years ago!
sorry
http://www.roadandtrack.com/var/ezfl...a763b84a8c.pdf

its the same thing.
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 9 Jun 2011, 16:17 (Ref:2894440)   #359
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Any word on the state of the IMSA chassis ?
Someone posted a page or two ago that it should be repaired in time for today's qualifying sessions.
Old 9 Jun 2011, 16:17 (Ref:2894441)   #360
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by picchiofan View Post
So, the racing version of the 65k BMW is faster than the racing version of the 49k Chevy and the 78k Porsche.

Huh?
actualy its a 135k porsche gt3 rs, or the 110k corvette zr1
Old 9 Jun 2011, 16:24 (Ref:2894446)   #361
picchiofan
Racer

Iran
picchiofan User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
actualy its a 135k porsche gt3 rs, or the 110k corvette zr1
You do realize that these GTE spec cars bear about as much resemblance to their "street" counterparts as the stickered up "impalas" in NASCAR, right?
Old 9 Jun 2011, 16:32 (Ref:2894449)   #362
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by picchiofan View Post
You do realize that these GTE spec cars bear about as much resemblance to their "street" counterparts as the stickered up "impalas" in NASCAR, right?
that is just the point that we have been trying to make, if you read the rules you'll realise that they are exacly the same cars as the road cars.

the chassis is identical, only roll bar inserted. the engine block and technology of the head is identical, only slight modifications are alowed, the transmition is free as long as you keep it in the same position and location, some modification is alowed to the suspention, but it must remain the original type.

the bigest freedom is in the body panels, but thats about it.

while the BMW is like the nascar you mentioned.

you could easaly convert a race car to a road car, for the porsche and ferrari that is.

the whole point of the gt2/ngt/gte class is to race, race prepared, road cars
Old 9 Jun 2011, 16:35 (Ref:2894453)   #363
FastJoel31
Veteran

United States
Near Watkins Glen
This is all dumb. What are we arguing about again? How much the engine moved? No more than a few inches, if that. Either way, it's not BMWs fault. The ACO is allowing all of the changes and waivers. I still want to see BMW beat the Porsches, Ferraris, and Corvettes. Just like they did in the ALMS last year, just like they did at Sebring this year.
Old 9 Jun 2011, 16:40 (Ref:2894455)   #364
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastJoel31 View Post
This is all dumb. What are we arguing about again? How much the engine moved? No more than a few inches, if that. Either way, it's not BMWs fault. The ACO is allowing all of the changes and waivers. I still want to see BMW beat the Porsches, Ferraris, and Corvettes. Just like they did in the ALMS last year, just like they did at Sebring this year.
you mean the ACO and BMW beat everyone else
Old 9 Jun 2011, 16:47 (Ref:2894463)   #365
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Nonsense, the BMW barely uses any waivers anymore, we´ve been through this a year ago during the Spa 24h.

They only have a couple of waivers, none of which are performance-related such as the transaxle gearbox.

And the different restrictor sizes are part of the performance balancing, I don't have to explain this concept to you, do I?
Old 9 Jun 2011, 17:02 (Ref:2894477)   #366
Livininthinair
Veteran

United States
Colorado
Livininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLivininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I understand the argument, but for me -honestly- this is what excites me about this kind of racing and the regulations that allow it. I love the many different answers/solutions to the same problem - who can go the farthest in 24 hours. I love all the technology and passion that is part of endurance racing. All of the cars are not the same, do not have the same engine/sound, this is what attracts me to this type of racing and frankly turns me off about some other racing series. Especially with the GT cars you can see that even though there are several types of engine and drivetrain layouts they are very very close in lap times, to me this proves that the formulas that the governing body have come up with are not that far off... Prototypes are another story and I look forward to see what the future will bring - variety is the spice of life...
Old 9 Jun 2011, 17:10 (Ref:2894482)   #367
adrs2k
Rookie

adrs2k should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
^ I completely agree with you! The M3 is a lesser car compared to its rivals, and it might take a little more tweaking to make competitive, and I am ok with that. Fact is we have a hugely competitive class and its super close! Perhaps the BMW has a slight advantage this season, but it took 3 seasons to get to this point. Fact is, someone is always going to have a slight advantage somewhere. Their advantage I doubt will be a big difference maker come race day.

Back on track, shouldn't qualifying be starting now?
Old 9 Jun 2011, 17:17 (Ref:2894488)   #368
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Problem for the #65 Lotus.

Tom.
Old 9 Jun 2011, 17:17 (Ref:2894489)   #369
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, and the Lotus just imploded.
Old 9 Jun 2011, 17:17 (Ref:2894490)   #370
EverOne
Racer

Spain
Madrid
EverOne has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
BBQ for the #65 Lotus
Old 9 Jun 2011, 17:18 (Ref:2894492)   #371
FastJoel31
Veteran

United States
Near Watkins Glen
For those of us Stateside, watch the Eurosport feed here:

http://bbc-player.com/eurosport2.html
Old 9 Jun 2011, 17:24 (Ref:2894495)   #372
adrs2k
Rookie

adrs2k should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks, not working yet, but im remaining hopeful!
Old 9 Jun 2011, 17:27 (Ref:2894497)   #373
Livininthinair
Veteran

United States
Colorado
Livininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLivininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you for the link fastjoel - working good for me at work.
Old 9 Jun 2011, 17:31 (Ref:2894500)   #374
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
I was really impressed by the lap Collard put down in the first practice, and I think Pescarolo is going to be a suprise when it comes to the overall results.
Plus, it will sound wonderful!
Old 9 Jun 2011, 17:32 (Ref:2894501)   #375
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I understand why you are upset that the BMW is faster than your Favourite car and its faster than mine too but no amount of moaning on a forum will change this. Just remember this, the BMW might be faster on 1 lap but there is nothing to say it will last for the 24 hours!

Also Eurosport are a shower of **** yes they give us all 24 hours of the race live but stop chopping and changing the schedule to show the Moto GP replay that you show 3-4 times a day!