Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 10 Nov 2011, 10:14 (Ref:2983903)   #3726
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
I assume that Gulf AMR Middle-East aren't.
Chances are slim, they just announced a 2-car LMP2 WEC effort, also purchased 2 new McLarens for Blancpain series isn´t that right?

Maybe Jota could take over that car and run it in GTE-Am and focus their current car on GTE-Pro with a couple of established (AM) drivers onboard. Is Jota focussing on LMS or are they targeting WEC? Haven´t read or heard anything about their plans.
Old 10 Nov 2011, 10:42 (Ref:2983913)   #3727
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Chances are slim, they just announced a 2-car LMP2 WEC effort, also purchased 2 new McLarens for Blancpain series isn´t that right?
I think Graham Goodwin said that the new LMP2 entrant it's not quite the same team (same sponsor though).
Old 10 Nov 2011, 11:22 (Ref:2983929)   #3728
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
I think Graham Goodwin said that the new LMP2 entrant it's not quite the same team (same sponsor though).
I believe the thought is that Giroix is behind the LMP2 effort and Wainright and Goethe are involved with the McLaren. I think Dave Price might be involved with the McLaren and perhaps/perhaps not with the LMP2s, but I don't know if that is clear yet.
Old 10 Nov 2011, 12:22 (Ref:2983957)   #3729
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So we shouldn't dismiss the possibility of another Gulf car still on the grid next year.
Old 10 Nov 2011, 12:29 (Ref:2983961)   #3730
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Im just happy to see AMR tackle the Vantage themselves , what they shoulda done in the first place .

Good eng back up , good drivers , looking forward to some sparks perhaps .
Old 10 Nov 2011, 14:12 (Ref:2983986)   #3731
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
looking forward to some sparks perhaps .
Hopefully not from the engine bay
Old 10 Nov 2011, 17:11 (Ref:2984041)   #3732
GT3.14
Veteran

GT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Maybe Jota could take over that car and run it in GTE-Am and focus their current car on GTE-Pro with a couple of established (AM) drivers onboard. Is Jota focussing on LMS or are they targeting WEC? Haven´t read or heard anything about their plans.
http://www.racecarsdirect.com/listin...ntage_gt2.html

Looks like Jota is selling their Vantage. Looks like they are moving on, or they could have just ordered a new chassis.
Old 10 Nov 2011, 17:44 (Ref:2984055)   #3733
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3.14 View Post
http://www.racecarsdirect.com/listin...ntage_gt2.html

Looks like Jota is selling their Vantage. Looks like they are moving on, or they could have just ordered a new chassis.
I wouldn't blame them if they were opting to move on. They've been stung as much as any on this AMR-One debacle. Hopefully they will stick around.
Old 10 Nov 2011, 18:11 (Ref:2984073)   #3734
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Taylor View Post
Why not add a Lola Aston and an AMROne to top and tail the field too? Just for completeness' sake.
DBR9 would probably outpace (and definitely outlast) the AMR-One rather easily
Old 10 Nov 2011, 23:11 (Ref:2984163)   #3735
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
So we shouldn't dismiss the possibility of another Gulf car still on the grid next year.
Perhaps, but I don't know if either "Gulf" operation are still interested in running a GTE-Am effort. We'll see I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I wouldn't blame them if they were opting to move on. They've been stung as much as any on this AMR-One debacle. Hopefully they will stick around.
Yeah, I wonder what Jota is up to. Obviously they were planning on switching to LMP1. Is that still an option even without an Aston LMP offering? If they stay in GTE, do they stick with the Aston? I heard there was an issue with Jota's AMR-One deposit or something like that. I'd assume the issue is whether AMR returned the deposit? I don't know, but the answer to that question may also be the answer to the question about the state of Jota's relationship with AMR.

The other question is where Jota planned on racing their AMR-One if everything worked out as planned. I don't remember if that was ever announced or not. The LMS would not be an option anymore. Did they plan on entering the ILMC/WEC?

Last edited by AGD; 10 Nov 2011 at 23:21.
Old 10 Nov 2011, 23:28 (Ref:2984169)   #3736
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Well, since Simon Dolan is paying the bills for Jota, P2 or FLM (if they don´t wanna run at Le Mans /WEC yet) would be a sensible move if they are to move up to the prototypes ranks. We´ll see.
Old 11 Nov 2011, 03:15 (Ref:2984214)   #3737
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...igns-from-amr/ This just in, the head of Prodrive, George Howard Chappell, resigned from the team. He said that the AMR-One did not affect his decision, he just felt like leaving.
Old 11 Nov 2011, 03:45 (Ref:2984219)   #3738
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bit late...
Old 11 Nov 2011, 11:10 (Ref:2984306)   #3739
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
The other question is where Jota planned on racing their AMR-One if everything worked out as planned. I don't remember if that was ever announced or not. The LMS would not be an option anymore. Did they plan on entering the ILMC/WEC?
When did Jota originally announce that they planned in the longer term to step up to an AMR-One? If it was at the time they first announced their LMS Vantage programme for this year, then that might well have been before the LMS dropping LMP1 was announced- (IIRC the LMS changes for next year were announced some time into the season?) and Jota's intentions could well have been LMS?
Old 11 Nov 2011, 11:27 (Ref:2984313)   #3740
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Yes, Jota announced the plan to go with AMR-One waaay before the LMS announcement. I'm not sure AMR-One had even been shaken down at that point.
I never heard anything from them about those plans ever since AMR-One hit the road...

Last edited by Pandamasque; 11 Nov 2011 at 11:33.
Old 11 Nov 2011, 11:52 (Ref:2984317)   #3741
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
IIRC Jota were announced as a customer pretty much simultaneously with the AMR launch?
It would make sense for them to run an LMP2 next season, as part of this 'ladder' that they always say they are building, to take Simon from trackday to Le Mans LMP entry.

Though much of that no longer appears on the website?
Old 11 Nov 2011, 21:41 (Ref:2984528)   #3742
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
IIRC Jota were announced as a customer pretty much simultaneously with the AMR launch?
It would make sense for them to run an LMP2 next season, as part of this 'ladder' that they always say they are building, to take Simon from trackday to Le Mans LMP entry.

Though much of that no longer appears on the website?
I seem to think they were announced as customer around the same time the concept art broke cover. So long before the LMS announcement and long before the AMR-One turned a wheel.

Good luck to Jota in whatever they do next.
Old 14 Nov 2011, 11:55 (Ref:2986102)   #3743
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Quite. A nice bunch of people, I've found...
Old 17 Nov 2011, 07:40 (Ref:2987570)   #3744
AGD
Veteran

Sam Hancock says there's nothing new to report regarding Jota future so I guess we'll still have to wait and see what develops. Also, it sounds like Sam is saying that the Dunlops are more "efficient" over a stint than the Michelins. I'm not sure if that translated correctly.

http://www.endurance-info.com/version2/actualite-endurance-8733.html
Old 17 Nov 2011, 09:30 (Ref:2987613)   #3745
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Sam Hancock says there's nothing new to report regarding Jota future so I guess we'll still have to wait and see what develops. Also, it sounds like Sam is saying that the Dunlops are more "efficient" over a stint than the Michelins. I'm not sure if that translated correctly.

According to this interview the AMR-One had solution but the price is money that will cost is to much!!!
Sad but comprehensive new´s.
Old 17 Nov 2011, 09:32 (Ref:2987614)   #3746
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

According to this interview the AMR-One had solution but the money that will cost is to much!!!
Old 17 Nov 2011, 12:31 (Ref:2987693)   #3747
claude
Rookie

France
Le Mans
claude should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
According to this interview the AMR-One had solution but the money that will cost is to much!!!
Gustavo, the translation is correct. Sam wrote me exactly : "tyres from Dunlop that in my opinion out-performed Michelins over the length of a stint".
Old 17 Nov 2011, 13:00 (Ref:2987712)   #3748
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
That seems to be how I remembered it. Michelin having an early edge, then the Dunlops equal or better from around 1/3 of the way in, and having quite an edge by the end of a stint. This is from comparing 458s, though!
Old 17 Nov 2011, 23:15 (Ref:2987994)   #3749
JayBMS
Racer

Italy
JayBMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is a Lola Aston Martin in Jotas workshop at the moment. Dont know why.
Old 17 Nov 2011, 23:21 (Ref:2987997)   #3750
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBMS View Post
There is a Lola Aston Martin in Jotas workshop at the moment. Dont know why.
Interesting. Maybe Dolan is buying one as a collector item and/or as a historic racer? Maybe he got a good deal on one and will convert it to a regular B12/60 spec? Maybe it'll run the AMR-One engine? Maybe they are thinking about running in the ALMS? Or maybe some other collector wanted Jota to do some work on the car? I guess there are a lot of possibilities, but I would not get excited about any of them yet.

EDIT: That's interesting about the Dunlop tires. It seems like the same might be true of the BMW and JMW Ferrari tires. I wonder if the Ferrari, BMW, and Aston Dunlops are essentially the same or if they just have a similar technological background.