Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 7 Aug 2012, 19:37 (Ref:3117246)   #3901
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A pretty ropey official video re-cap of Le Mans this year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bX6D...ature=youtu.be
Old 7 Aug 2012, 20:06 (Ref:3117258)   #3902
Coopz21 x
Rookie

England
South West, UK
Coopz21 x has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
If the Davidson car wins next year, il cry with happiness.
Old 7 Aug 2012, 21:33 (Ref:3117291)   #3903
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
A pretty ropey official video re-cap of Le Mans this year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bX6D...ature=youtu.be
Very good video i must say .

It actually made me miss the race already.
Old 7 Aug 2012, 22:26 (Ref:3117315)   #3904
tyronnezx
Racer

Sri Lanka
New Zealand
tyronnezx has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Graphics help to immersion. Like, seeing more realistic crowds will get drivers more into the meaning of the race.
oh yes, i've always looked out for the crowd for a morale boost in Rfactor :P
Old 8 Aug 2012, 00:19 (Ref:3117360)   #3905
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
From what few photos of the TS030's engine bay that emerged from LM, the two engines look basically the same, are about the same size dimensionally, and it's been reported as far back as Sebring that the TS030's engine wasn't drastically different than the Rebellion customer engines.
Photos of the engine bay? Where? That could make sportscars racing interesting again for 5 minutes.
Old 8 Aug 2012, 02:53 (Ref:3117388)   #3906
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Photos are buried, probably in this thread, or one of the LM24 threads, all the way back into June, whatever page that is.
Old 8 Aug 2012, 08:58 (Ref:3117477)   #3907
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Félix View Post
Photos of the engine bay? Where? That could make sportscars racing interesting again for 5 minutes.
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...97#post3095997
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...20#post3096020
Old 8 Aug 2012, 09:53 (Ref:3117500)   #3908
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
And they had the balls to show footage of the accident too .
Old 9 Aug 2012, 01:19 (Ref:3117766)   #3909
TRuss
Veteran

TRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chernaudi, I was simply stating that increased torque could = increased HP at any RPM not just lower RPM. You are right in that there are many determining factors. But you are wrong to tell people that increasing torque will increase power at only lower RPM. HP= RPMxTorque/5252.
Old 9 Aug 2012, 03:02 (Ref:3117778)   #3910
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Low end torque is where most of the 3.4 V8s struggle against the diesels, who have that in gobs. All forced induction engines have more torque. The issue with torque is that if you can make it at lower RPMs, you don't have to spin the engine so hard to make top end power. That's been the bug bear with the small V8s, and am I right in saying that these can feed each other, in that the small V8s often run flatplane cranks because of a lack of torque to spin up a heavier crossplane crank, and the lack of a crossplane crank equals more vibrations. Crossplane cranks are heavier because they're counter-weighted, and they need more "juice" to spin them up. Not a big problem with big engines or turbo engines, but not what you'd necessarily want with a small V8.

And more torque at lower RPMs improves acceleration and driveablity, which with small "gutless" engines isn't always a strong suit.

Also, for the question about the Toyota V8's origins, post #3748 does mention that TMG admitted that they wanted a bespoke engine, but time and money issues and meeting deadlines forced them to run a modified version of the Rebellion customer engine. I find it hard to believe that if TMG built their own engines--and it's easy to believe that they're easily capable of it given the time and resources--wouldn't have DFI, which is almost a necessity as a means of boosting power, torque, driveablity, and fuel mileage. I think that the lack of DFI and that statement by Toyota to the interviewer pretty much answers the engine's origins, though how and to what extent the customer and factory engines differ is unclear.

Last edited by chernaudi; 9 Aug 2012 at 03:08.
Old 10 Aug 2012, 10:14 (Ref:3118286)   #3911
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Very good video i must say .

It actually made me miss the race already.
I had withdrawal symptoms monday June 18th...
Old 10 Aug 2012, 15:50 (Ref:3118398)   #3912
Coopz21 x
Rookie

England
South West, UK
Coopz21 x has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
I had withdrawal symptoms monday June 18th...
I agree. Roll on 2013!
Old 10 Aug 2012, 18:32 (Ref:3118441)   #3913
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
MJones94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I reckon the Toyota to compete at Silverstone will probably have an updated engine, which will be more designed towards 6 hour events rather than Le Mans.
Old 10 Aug 2012, 18:57 (Ref:3118447)   #3914
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coopz21 x View Post
I agree. Roll on 2013!
same. One of these days. Even if I have to fly my own plane! I will make it out to the 24 hours.
Old 10 Aug 2012, 19:19 (Ref:3118456)   #3915
Porsche917K
Racer

United States
Napa, CA
Porsche917K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
same. One of these days. Even if I have to fly my own plane! I will make it out to the 24 hours.
Yeah I have set a reasonable goal of making it to the race in 2014!
Old 11 Aug 2012, 03:29 (Ref:3118533)   #3916
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For North American viewers, SPEED will re-air "Toyota's Road to Le Mans" Television show at 5 pm EST 6 pm ATL before the running of the Rolex race.
Old 11 Aug 2012, 08:41 (Ref:3118577)   #3917
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
They've showed it a few times since it originally aired. Wish they'd do another show on it post LeMans.
Old 12 Aug 2012, 08:12 (Ref:3118894)   #3918
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Im sure there is nothing Toyota wants to share with anyone about there developments post Le Mans haha.
Old 12 Aug 2012, 14:58 (Ref:3118995)   #3919
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
They probably haven't touched the car since
Old 15 Aug 2012, 00:31 (Ref:3120026)   #3920
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good, but expected news came out that Toyota's WRC program with the Yaris R1A is that their rallying adventures appear to be in entry-level customer racing as opposed to a full-fledged program like PSA's which could have easily replaced their LM program, especially had they used a Hybrid. The car will be priced at 22,500 euros and TMG is already taking orders from private teams. TMG's Yoshiaki Kino****a (uh oh, here comes the auto-censor) said:

"The TMG Yaris R1A is a completely different project compared to our WRC past; it is an affordable but exciting car which makes rallying's major events accessible to a whole range of participants."
Old 15 Aug 2012, 00:35 (Ref:3120029)   #3921
Articus
Veteran

Well thats "good?"

Good to see another make in WRC atleast. To be honest I think the Yaris will be good enough to race the Ford atleast. Because even the lead team is shoestring budget from Ford.
Old 15 Aug 2012, 00:58 (Ref:3120044)   #3922
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Quote:
Well thats "good?"

Good to see another make in WRC atleast. To be honest I think the Yaris will be good enough to race the Ford atleast. Because even the lead team is shoestring budget from Ford.
Good if you like Le Mans better than WRC.

I honestly haven't watched the WRC since 2002.
Old 15 Aug 2012, 10:49 (Ref:3120193)   #3923
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It was always going to be this entry level car in the first instance. The thought being that they might look to expand into a full WRC assault later.

I think they are (wisely) holding fire to see how the new promotion works. If they can get that right and without the dominance of Loeb it should be a much more attractive prospect. Hopefully results in sportscars will convince them to remain there or do both.
Old 15 Aug 2012, 12:38 (Ref:3120224)   #3924
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Well thats "good?"

The Yaris will be in a completely different class than the Ford... If you think 5 classes in ALMS are crazy, try getting the hang on the class structure in rallying:

WRC
S2000 (soon to be replaced by R5)
R-GT
R4
R3
R2
R1

And they are only phasing in the R-classes right now, so there are still tons of older Gr.A , N and Super1600 cars around. Oh - and like LMP each of the R-classes has different subsets of rules for diesels and turbos.
Old 15 Aug 2012, 13:55 (Ref:3120251)   #3925
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Graphics help to immersion. Like, seeing more realistic crowds will get drivers more into the meaning of the race.
No, that's what the average gamer needs to immerse.