Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 13 Nov 2011, 16:28 (Ref:2985630)   #376
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Electrical issues on the #2, apparently the main wiring loom was damaged by the Rebellion impact.
Old 13 Nov 2011, 16:49 (Ref:2985648)   #377
vyselegend
Racer

France
Paris, France
vyselegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah. Thanks.

Strange to retire for that though. If it's just a bunch of damaged wires, sure they could replace them? Even if there wasn't any chance for a good result anymore, it's always better to have the car on track, especially in a season were you're lacking racing data because of so much retirement. Plus they could have tested things to help the #1.

I feels like they just let it down...
Old 13 Nov 2011, 16:55 (Ref:2985656)   #378
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
The Audi stream was 100% perfect. Didn't need Eurosport. The timing wasn't ideal but I had enough of a grasp of the race to know what was going on. A very heroic effort from RLM.

Audi's strange fever continues. Peugeot's voodoo spells must be working.
Old 13 Nov 2011, 16:57 (Ref:2985658)   #379
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyselegend View Post
Strange to retire for that though. If it's just a bunch of damaged wires, sure they could replace them? Even if there wasn't any chance for a good result anymore, it's always better to have the car on track, especially in a season were you're lacking racing data because of so much retirement. Plus they could have tested things to help the #1.
If it's the main wiring loom that's damaged, replacing it would basically mean rewiring the whole car, which takes far too long.
Old 13 Nov 2011, 16:59 (Ref:2985662)   #380
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Whole Peugeot team singing La Marseillaise underneath the podium... Le Mans was a bust, but 5 out of 7 (with a 6th win from the "customer" car) ain't too shabby for a season's work.
Bit tricky for the English driver, who didn't know the words!...Wonder what the correct protocol is in such circumstances?
Remember Michael Schumacher 'Conducting' the Italian Anthem on an F1 podium once...and was criticised for it!
Old 13 Nov 2011, 17:04 (Ref:2985669)   #381
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
2 drifts and a stylish spin for Fassler. Enjoying himself out there.
"Stylish Spin!"...Well it gave a certain driver a chuckle to watch it in his mirrors!
Old 13 Nov 2011, 17:07 (Ref:2985674)   #382
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Ah. Thanks.

I feels like they just let it down...
Its not so easy to change a cable loom .
Old 13 Nov 2011, 17:10 (Ref:2985676)   #383
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
A well deserved win for Peugeot, best team and car this year, obviously.
Good for invading the Chinese market ?
Well the Chinese are partial to Lions...especially ones that go...'from strength to strength' as Peugoet's Marketing slogan goes!
Old 13 Nov 2011, 17:16 (Ref:2985679)   #384
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Ant mistimed it by the smallest of margins, crossed the finish line with about 2 seconds left on the clock. :laugh
Perhaps he just wanted to enjoy an extra lap in the winning car?
Old 13 Nov 2011, 18:41 (Ref:2985731)   #385
Guy Fawkes
Rookie

Guy Fawkes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tux, Acid, Jag and Vyselegend... many thanks for your responses, but i am still sharing Montagnys impression... As for Peugeots China-marketing, well...in many tv-pictures showing the leading Peugeots, there were huge red Audi-adverts in the background (seems Audi is much better in marketing as racing these days ;-))
Old 14 Nov 2011, 02:28 (Ref:2985966)   #386
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
finally they won without blocking or hitting someone else on track...

yep, they learned pretty fast...
Old 14 Nov 2011, 04:07 (Ref:2986000)   #387
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Leaving the car after his last stint, Montagny was interviewed, and when asked if he liked the track, he smiled and said: They said if the stands were empty today we'd move to Shangai next year (while showing at the empty grandstands in front of the pitlane with a move of the head).

So it seems Zhuhai might have failed to reach FIA's expectations. But since Frank openly bashed the track since last year, it's possible he has understood things the way he wanted to...
So they believe they will get a full grandstand in Shanghai while charging RMB180 per ticket? If they think so then good luck to them.

FYI, an average Chinese Super League (soccer match) ticket costs only about RMB50.

By the way, Toyota has a factory in Guangdong province. If Toyota gives a free ticket to each of its workers, Zhuhai can be easily full next year.

"One of the largest parts of the development in Nansha District is a large Toyota factory, opened in 2006 and now producing 360,000 cars a year. This plant is a joint venture with Guangzhou Automobile Group. The factory employs about 7,000 workers in two shifts, and it embodies one of the most recent examples of the Toyota production system. A vehicle passes by every 68 seconds, so a new Toyota exits to the test track every 68 seconds as well. 1,000 cars a day roll of one of the production lines and another 500 exit the second line."

China is no auto market eh? Well, Toyota only make 360,000 cars here a year. It is shameful so few cars are made and sold.

Last edited by Asa; 14 Nov 2011 at 04:19.
Old 14 Nov 2011, 05:57 (Ref:2986014)   #388
DeathOrGlory
Racer

DeathOrGlory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peugeot lost the battle but it won the war.

Roll on the WEC, and may Bahrain get replaced by Petit Le Mans.
Old 14 Nov 2011, 08:01 (Ref:2986034)   #389
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasdriv87 View Post
finally they won without blocking or hitting someone else on track...

yep, they learned pretty fast...
IIRC Audi did not win.....in spite of hitting other cars....again.

Last edited by henk4; 14 Nov 2011 at 08:09.
Old 14 Nov 2011, 19:54 (Ref:2986317)   #390
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Fawkes View Post
Also from me big congrats to Peugeot for another 1-2, the #7 just did a superbe job
(win, pole, best lap), but the attendance of this event was very disappointing...i mean this is China! China, man! ... no people there anymore? Depopulation over night? Biggest car market? No one gives a damn about sportscar-racing? Only a tiny tiny tiny percentage of interested people of the worlds biggest population should have been enough to crowd this little race-track. I don't understand...

I really hope next year at the 6 hours of Sao Polo public stands will be CROWDED !!!! Brazilians are huge fans of motorsport, and not only F1...would be a disastrous failure to see many empty places
Old 14 Nov 2011, 19:59 (Ref:2986323)   #391
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathOrGlory View Post
Peugeot lost the battle but it won the war.

Roll on the WEC, and may Bahrain get replaced by Petit Le Mans.
Well said
Old 14 Nov 2011, 20:12 (Ref:2986330)   #392
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom908V12 View Post
I really hope next year at the 6 hours of Sao Polo public stands will be CROWDED !!!! Brazilians are huge fans of motorsport, and not only F1...would be a disastrous failure to see many empty places
I know one race that will be pretty empty....
Old 14 Nov 2011, 20:50 (Ref:2986356)   #393
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom908V12 View Post
I wouldn't get my hopes up for that round, if I remember correctly the 2007 Mil Mihas was sparsely attended as well.
Old 14 Nov 2011, 21:05 (Ref:2986367)   #394
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
I wouldn't get my hopes up for that round, if I remember correctly the 2007 Mil Mihas was sparsely attended as well.
Yeah but the crowd for last year's FIA GT1 weekend wasn't too bad actually, relatively speaking. Even Barrichello showed up with his family
Old 15 Nov 2011, 00:54 (Ref:2986484)   #395
Somatosis
Rookie

Australia
Somatosis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Audi #2

Greetings. First post from long time lurker and two strange feelings coming along with that.

First, having been an endurance fan all my life but shut out from it here in Oz (except maybe the Sandown 6hr where TV infected me with the bug) I find myself a tiny fish in the pond of sportscar knowledge and experience here - many thanks to you all for the intrigue, entertainment and education you've passed on to me during my lurkings.

Second is to find myself questioning my favourite driver combo in my first post but it's really got me intrigued so I figured to go with it....

I've just read the comments on EI from McNish about their woes from the weekend (contact from ferrari and Rebellion effectively ending the event) and very surprised to see the following evidence from the HD highlights:

On lap whatever it was when the legality panel incident (when it fell off) occurred, there is clearly smoke (tyre rubbing?) visible from the left rear corner of the #2 R18 just before turn 5. McNish then makes a clean turn in with at least 2' clearance from the front of the 430 ferrari.

There was a bit of talk on RLM about the visibility from the cockpit which could easily cause such an incident - which I would wholeheartedly agree as being entirely possible, however, the lack of contact from the video evidence is somewhat confusing. In fact, having far too much time on my hands today I reckon I have just seen the panel bobble around a bit towards the end of the previous lap. To me it seems more likely there was contact with Montagny on the exit of turn 2 lap 1!

So I'm wondering if it's just me?
Old 15 Nov 2011, 10:49 (Ref:2986640)   #396
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think it was fairly obvious (and RLM came to that conclusion later on as well) that there was no contact with the Ferrari and the damage must have been caused by something else.
Old 15 Nov 2011, 11:43 (Ref:2986653)   #397
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
I think it was fairly obvious (and RLM came to that conclusion later on as well) that there was no contact with the Ferrari and the damage must have been caused by something else.
I did not see contact either, but I seem to remember McNish blaming the Ferrari for contact during his interview with RLM. I'm not sure if he was talking about the same incident that we saw on replay, but I think so. I don't know what happened exactly. I wish I could remember what McNish said exactly, but I think most of us were in a sleepless daze at that juncture in the race. Maybe someone remembers what was said.
Old 15 Nov 2011, 12:01 (Ref:2986663)   #398
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Whether or not he said that - I'm getting very, cery tired of Audi guys always blaming the slower classes and giving silly excuses for every single mistake they make. They love to play the innocent party but enough is enough.
Old 15 Nov 2011, 12:02 (Ref:2986664)   #399
vyselegend
Racer

France
Paris, France
vyselegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Audi's version is that a contact with a Ferrari broke the legality pannel. But they never said the contact was in the corner where the piece fell, nor they said it was with that Ferrari. I think probably there have been a contact with another Ferrari earlier which might have been missed by the realisation. (would not be the first time they miss something important, to say the least)

Personaly I think Audi drivers are not to blame for the several contacts they had in this race (those we could see at least).

Obviously Neel Jani totally missed his braking and smashed his Rebellion into the Audi's rear end, and as for the Fassler vs Ferrari at turn one, it was a blatant case of a GT driver ignoring faster cars coming while he was leaving the pit lane. He was still at the begining of the exit lane when the R18 under hard pressure from it's rival flashed 5 times to warn him, but the GT driver just ignored him and took the racing line as if he was alone and on a fast lap, which forced Fassler to cut the turn entry in extremis and understeer into the Ferrari on the exit. IMO it was dirt from the Ferrari driver (can't remember who it was, Beltoise maybe?) to interfere in the result of a dogfight for the podium...

Btw welcome to the forum Somatosis!
Old 15 Nov 2011, 12:09 (Ref:2986668)   #400
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Whether or not he said that - I'm getting very, cery tired of Audi guys always blaming the slower classes and giving silly excuses for every single mistake they make. They love to play the innocent party but enough is enough.
For once they may have had some legitimate excuses to complain, but they seem to had their share of mistakes as well. Fassler's spin trying to unlap himself at the end of the race was the ultimate way to summarize Audi's season. Well, aside from running into a Ferrari.

Quote:
Obviously Neel Jani totally missed his braking and smashed his Rebellion into the Audi's rear end, and as for the Fassler vs Ferrari at turn one, it was a blatant case of a GT driver ignoring faster cars coming while he was leaving the pit lane. He was still at the begining of the exit lane when the R18 under hard pressure from it's rival flashed 5 times to warn him, but the GT driver just ignored him and took the racing line as if he was alone and on a fast lap, which forced Fassler to cut the turn entry in extremis and understeer into the Ferrari on the exit. IMO it was dirt from the Ferrari driver (can't remember who it was, Beltoise maybe?) to interfere in the result of a dogfight for the podium...
I wish I could see a replay if that one again. The RLM guys seemed to blame that one on Fassler (I think - again it's hard to remember), but I think that one needs a second inspection.