Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 8 Feb 2016, 11:12 (Ref:3613048)   #376
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
A quick driver question...there are lots of driver who have contract's with Nissan - Mardenborough, Ordóñez, Reip, Shulzhitskiy and Sir Chris Hoy - to name a few do we think they are going to pop in P2 car's this year.
I think it likely that several of those will find themselves in cars in due course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheFanNo1 View Post
The C6-R is a better looking machine then the C7-R, I'd be happy to see it once more at LeMans. Hope they can be competetive.

All down to taste, I suppose. I think the C7-R is an infinitely better looking car personally..... Quicker too....
Old 8 Feb 2016, 11:15 (Ref:3613049)   #377
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bearing in mind the discussion about the reserves (and I'm not sure now how that's intended to work, although I'm not convinced that JMW will be first in if a GT car pulls out), which of the entries are the most 'dodgy', do we think?
Old 8 Feb 2016, 12:16 (Ref:3613059)   #378
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
A quick driver question...there are lots of driver who have contract's with Nissan - Mardenborough, Ordóñez, Reip, Shulzhitskiy and Sir Chris Hoy - to name a few do we think they are going to pop in P2 car's this year.
I was thinking this too - especially given all the PR around Chris Hoy.

With the lack of LMP1 programme it's going to create a logjam of drivers - especially with more coming through.

Looks like Reip has been dropped and you have to wonder whether more will fall by the wayside: http://sportscar365.com/blancpain/re...out-at-nissan/

The first reserve Greaves entry would seem like a logical place to put people. In the PR they say they have some exciting plans for the driver line-up - but seemingly no one has told them they are on the reserve list - http://www.motorsport.com/lemans/new...-hours-671944/

Maybe Nissan could also effectively buy out some seats in the Murphy car given nothing is announced there.
Old 8 Feb 2016, 12:22 (Ref:3613063)   #379
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Bearing in mind the discussion about the reserves (and I'm not sure now how that's intended to work, although I'm not convinced that JMW will be first in if a GT car pulls out), which of the entries are the most 'dodgy', do we think?
The first 4 on the list (Greaves, Algarve Pro, JMW, Courage) are all full season ELMS entries, aren't they? So they are probably serious about getting into the race.
Greaves are running the Krohn car in ELMS. Are they doing the same for LM?

The Pegasus entry is maybe a hopeful after their first car got in (do they have two cars?). Maybe Ines Taittinger will transfer to the 28 for the race.

Jacques Nicolet and his Bronze buddies would probably run if they got a place with the OAK Racing entry.

The Viper? They have probably put the dust cover over it after seeing how far down the reserve list they are. Where will Jeroen Bleekemolen end up this year?

Don't know much about Dragonspeed.

Proton already have three cars in the race. Would they run a fourth? Seefried could move into one of the Am cars.

Team AAI surprised a few people last year by turning up and doing a good job. So I guess they could do they same again.
Old 8 Feb 2016, 12:29 (Ref:3613065)   #380
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I made the mistake of thinking the Asian AAI entries were the most at-risk ones last year and that didn't turn out to be the case. In April last year there were those rumours in AutoHebdo that we'd lose six entries and it would all be a disaster.

In the end we only lost the second SARD-Morand car. I think it might only be a single drop-out this year too but I'm not sure who.
Old 8 Feb 2016, 13:40 (Ref:3613077)   #381
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Looking through the Entry list, it looks exceedingly solid, I can't make a case for any of them. Garage 56 maybe if something doesn't quite work as expected / required, or maybe a forced withdrawal for someone due to accident damage at test day / Funding Withdrawal. I wouldn't be surprised though if Greaves' Gibson missed out this year along with all other reserves.
Old 8 Feb 2016, 13:50 (Ref:3613078)   #382
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
I make it we have 64 unannounced driver gaps to fill on the entry list. So just over a third of the field. Only 13 rookies so far.

That said I have been slightly more out of the loop this year so might have missed a few.
Old 8 Feb 2016, 14:08 (Ref:3613081)   #383
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I am putting a list together as well and there are certainly lots of gaps.
Old 8 Feb 2016, 15:20 (Ref:3613094)   #384
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
2017 Q: will the current P2s coupes still be eligible for LM next year? We know the ACO will only allow new P2s into the WEC in 2017 (at least that's the current status) but how about those grandfathered ones in ELMS/AsLMS/IMSA that want to put in an entry request (or receive auto invites)?
Old 8 Feb 2016, 16:02 (Ref:3613102)   #385
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
I am putting a list together as well and there are certainly lots of gaps.
Me too, as usual. And you can rest assured I will plagiarise your list mercilessly....
Old 8 Feb 2016, 18:06 (Ref:3613142)   #386
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
Me too, as usual. And you can rest assured I will plagiarise your list mercilessly....
You can stand by me to rely on you, etc etc.
Old 8 Feb 2016, 18:08 (Ref:3613143)   #387
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
2017 Q: will the current P2s coupes still be eligible for LM next year? We know the ACO will only allow new P2s into the WEC in 2017 (at least that's the current status) but how about those grandfathered ones in ELMS/AsLMS/IMSA that want to put in an entry request (or receive auto invites)?
Good question. The 2017 cars should be significantly faster than the current ones.
Old 8 Feb 2016, 22:38 (Ref:3613215)   #388
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think that will depend on how many new LMP2 cars will be around next year. If they can fill the approximately 20 LMP2 spots with new cars, they'll do it, otherwise they'll allow some of the old cars in.
Old 10 Feb 2016, 17:01 (Ref:3613710)   #389
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Shank 'blogs'
http://sportscar365.com/features/com...-le-mans-pt-1/
Old 10 Feb 2016, 17:44 (Ref:3613729)   #390
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontlieue View Post
I think that will depend on how many new LMP2 cars will be around next year. If they can fill the approximately 20 LMP2 spots with new cars, they'll do it, otherwise they'll allow some of the old cars in.
Ligiers and Orecas only probably.
Old 10 Feb 2016, 22:21 (Ref:3613820)   #391
Mike E
Veteran

Here is a link to my very sketchy first draft of the entry list.

The drivers marked in blue are either not confirmed, or the driver combinations are not confirmed, as far as I know. I would be happy to be corrected.

http://1drv.ms/1KcpQeL
Old 10 Feb 2016, 23:07 (Ref:3613835)   #392
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good work and I'll take your word for it!

I like the additional info.
Old 11 Feb 2016, 03:20 (Ref:3613872)   #393
Coach Ep
Veteran

Me too, very impressive!

Magnussen and Minassian leading the no. of starts with 16 each, closely followed by Gavin + Dumas (15) and Sarrazin with 14 , lots of experience in some of the cars, especially with the Corvette boys!
Old 11 Feb 2016, 04:29 (Ref:3613878)   #394
Coach Ep
Veteran

Laurens Vanthoor is Belgian.

Last edited by Coach Ep; 11 Feb 2016 at 04:34.
Old 11 Feb 2016, 07:15 (Ref:3613895)   #395
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
Laurens Vanthoor is Belgian.
Whoops , missed that.
I haven't bothered with the country totals on the right hand side yet because there are too many unconfirmed drivers at this stage.
Old 11 Feb 2016, 10:42 (Ref:3613930)   #396
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So no David Hannemeir-Hanssen with ESM this year?

Paul Hollywood in with Andrew Howard in the AMR?!

Continuing the biscuit theme, let's hope the cookie monster gets a run out!

Last edited by Muppetdave901; 11 Feb 2016 at 10:42. Reason: Expressing the sarcasm in the Paul Hollywood comment...
Old 11 Feb 2016, 12:13 (Ref:3613944)   #397
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppetdave901 View Post
So no David Hannemeir-Hanssen with ESM this year?

Paul Hollywood in with Andrew Howard in the AMR?!

Continuing the biscuit theme, let's hope the cookie monster gets a run out!
Good point about DHH. That's jogged my memory. He is sharing the Abu Dhabi Proton Porsche with Pat Long and Khaled Al Qubaisi.
http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/l...proton-lineup/
Old 11 Feb 2016, 14:14 (Ref:3613961)   #398
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Good point about DHH. That's jogged my memory. He is sharing the Abu Dhabi Proton Porsche with Pat Long and Khaled Al Qubaisi.
http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/l...proton-lineup/
That should be a strong car then by the sounds of it!

FYI - Khaled Al Qubaisi is from UAE (Abu Dhabi) for your spreadsheet
Old 12 Feb 2016, 02:34 (Ref:3614106)   #399
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
Mikkel Mac should be part of the no 60 Ferrari as well.
He stated on jan. 24 on his Facebook that the team for Le Mans is Christian, Johnny and him self.
Old 14 Feb 2016, 10:40 (Ref:3614590)   #400
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
not Christian, Christina that should be.