Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 4 Aug 2021, 15:32 (Ref:4065324)   #376
W2Motorsport
Racer

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
W2Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
People have been complaining about the FCY > SC procedure as long as it has existed. As no change has been made yet, or not even any outward consideration of a change I would say most of the complaining is just wasted keystrokes.

Every race team is racing under the same circumstances, any leader who complains they lost their gap has equally benefitted during times they are not leading. In the end it produces closer racing that may appeal less to those of us hardcore fans on a forum but appeals more to the much more sizable group of casual fans who just want to see close racing.
Old 5 Aug 2021, 00:48 (Ref:4065405)   #377
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
By the way can somebody list the active GT3 cars that are front engined, mid engined, and rear enginged? When driving ACC sim game on PS4. I find the Porsche and Acura the most stable cars for me to drive. I think both are mid engined.
Old 5 Aug 2021, 07:08 (Ref:4065427)   #378
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
The Porsche GT3 has the engine in the back, it’s only the GTE/GTLM that has been modified to put the engine in the middle.

Other than that it’s pretty easy to tell. The ones that look like supercars (Ferrari, Lambo, Acura, Audi) are mid-engined and the ones that have big long hoods (Merc, Bentley, Lexus) are front-engined.
Old 7 Aug 2021, 05:27 (Ref:4065706)   #379
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
By the way can somebody list the active GT3 cars that are front engined, mid engined, and rear enginged? When driving ACC sim game on PS4. I find the Porsche and Acura the most stable cars for me to drive. I think both are mid engined.
Just asking, but wouldn't such a stat be available in game?
Having said that, it may be lacking seeing as the Assetto Corsa menu isn't the most intuitive thing on the planet.
Old 7 Aug 2021, 16:44 (Ref:4065741)   #380
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentley speed 8 View Post
Just asking, but wouldn't such a stat be available in game?
Having said that, it may be lacking seeing as the Assetto Corsa menu isn't the most intuitive thing on the planet.
Yeah its not. I think it needs to allow us to run custom grids when running against A.I. Maybe give more educational info about the cars like you mentioned. Looking forward to 2 upgrade add-ons when or if they ever come out. A 2022 update next year so we can get the BMW M4 and a GT WC America pack. Would love to drive VIR and COTA if it was available.

Youtube guides it is I guess.
Old 7 Aug 2021, 20:27 (Ref:4065756)   #381
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
Youtube guides it is I guess.
I know nothing about driving games so I may have misunderstood what you are looking for, but if it's basic information about GT3 cars you're after, you can start here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_GT3.

All 52 homologated GT3 cars are listed, most of them with links to pages of their own.
Old 7 Aug 2021, 23:19 (Ref:4065772)   #382
WyldStallion
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
I know nothing about driving games so I may have misunderstood what you are looking for, but if it's basic information about GT3 cars you're after, you can start here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_GT3.

All 52 homologated GT3 cars are listed, most of them with links to pages of their own.
Well it was initially GT3 cars as a whole. Wow that is a cool link. Thank you. Amazing some of these cars from the past were considered GT3 cars. Chevy Camero, Ford Mustange, Dodge Viper. Yeah we desperately need American GT3 models.
Old 26 Aug 2021, 09:05 (Ref:4070447)   #383
AndrewCherry
Racer

European Union
Horsham
AndrewCherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAndrewCherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brands Hatch this weekend then for the next round of the Sprint Cup, and a moderately healthy grid of 29 (especially given... <waves hands vaguely> ...everything). First time I've been to Brands for over a year, and honestly really looking forward to it. There's nothing like a big train of GTs roaring down Paddock Hill from a rolling start, and the unusual support races this weekend should make for a really lovely day out. Who doesn't love a bit of Special Saloons to go with their GT racing?

Anyone else off to sunny Kent?
Old 26 Aug 2021, 09:12 (Ref:4070450)   #384
AndrewCherry
Racer

European Union
Horsham
AndrewCherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAndrewCherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
(As a side note, has the grid capacity changed at Brands lately? The CSCC support races seem to have really embraced this meeting, with a lot of full grids, qualifying reserves, etc. - 46 cars seems to be the max these days, I thought it was less than that - but how fantastic to have decently north of 50 entries for these races!)

Even the more exotic/hard to maintain/pain in the arse to run categories like Mod Sports and Special Saloons have got 41 cars turning out - incredible, and a real tribute to the memory of Ricky Parker-Morris.
Old 26 Aug 2021, 09:45 (Ref:4070461)   #385
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewCherry View Post
Brands Hatch this weekend then for the next round of the Sprint Cup, and a moderately healthy grid of 29 (especially given... <waves hands vaguely> ...everything). First time I've been to Brands for over a year, and honestly really looking forward to it. There's nothing like a big train of GTs roaring down Paddock Hill from a rolling start, and the unusual support races this weekend should make for a really lovely day out. Who doesn't love a bit of Special Saloons to go with their GT racing?

Yes, I plan to be there on Sunday.
Old 26 Aug 2021, 16:11 (Ref:4070498)   #386
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yup ….. I will be there.
This race has always been a fixture on my calendar.
Always had a soft spot for BH as you can get so close to the action.
Just a bit of a shame that they were forced to put all of the fencing up around the GP loop a couple of years ago - apparently all for one DTM race - ruined so many great photo opportunities.
Will be interesting to watch the support races with these big grids.
Just really good to be able to get out and about again and really looking forward to hearing the Bentley for probably the last time.
Weather looks good too!
Old 26 Aug 2021, 16:43 (Ref:4070505)   #387
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
I'll be there both days. Managed to snap up a room at the hotel right next door for the first time as well! The GTWC lineup is great all on its own, but the enormous and fabulous CSCC grids are a wonderful bonus. I'll be surprised if I emerge fom two full days with less than 5000 photos to sort through .
Old 26 Aug 2021, 16:50 (Ref:4070507)   #388
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, it would be good to see some Tenthers. I expect to be up on the South Bank with L24HRS......
Old 26 Aug 2021, 18:29 (Ref:4070534)   #389
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another Tenther attending for both days here.
Old 26 Aug 2021, 19:43 (Ref:4070540)   #390
GregUK
Racer

GregUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll also be at Brands.
Old 27 Aug 2021, 13:17 (Ref:4070660)   #391
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I'm hoping to be there Sunday
Old 27 Aug 2021, 20:22 (Ref:4070707)   #392
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sunday - would could resist 40 odd Modsports and Special Saloons - oh, and a few GTs thrown in
Old 27 Aug 2021, 20:44 (Ref:4070710)   #393
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewCherry View Post

Packing my weekend gear as we speak!
Old 27 Aug 2021, 20:48 (Ref:4070712)   #394
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Well, it would be good to see some Tenthers. I expect to be up on the South Bank with L24HRS......
Just look for the Stannah van on SB and you’ve found me!
Old 28 Aug 2021, 08:57 (Ref:4070754)   #395
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Downside of a 40 min delay repairing barriers is having to listen to the circuit commentators flailing around trying to fill the time.
Old 28 Aug 2021, 10:04 (Ref:4070755)   #396
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
thinking about sunday here too, haven't put my bobblehat on since pre-covid. though in this weather i *might actually have* to put my bobblehat on considering treating the car to the south bank too since it's been well over a decade since, do i need to get there stupid early do you think??
Old 28 Aug 2021, 11:03 (Ref:4070759)   #397
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
thinking about sunday here too, haven't put my bobblehat on since pre-covid. though in this weather i *might actually have* to put my bobblehat on considering treating the car to the south bank too since it's been well over a decade since, do i need to get there stupid early do you think??
I'm thinking probably not. It's a two and a half hour journey for me and there's nothing on track on Sunday until 10 am I believe. I'm aiming for about 9.30. Don't forget to download the window pass from the Brands website..... And it's a tenner for the South Bank parking on Sunday, which seems a bit of a ripoff..

https://msvstatic.com/documents/bh_s...rking_pass.pdf
Old 28 Aug 2021, 11:08 (Ref:4070761)   #398
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
I was at the South Bank entrance at 0750 and they were already lettting cars in. I was maybe 20th in line, got in in no time. I assume Sunday will be busier. MSV do take the **** with £10 SB parking on racedays (£5 today) and separate costs for grandstand seats, but the lineup is awesome this weekend.
Old 28 Aug 2021, 11:35 (Ref:4070764)   #399
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
hmm, the tenner vs it being a fiver might stop me from bothering with parking there. maybe spread across a family in a car it’s better value. the ticket price already feels ridiculous with no gt4 - no disrespect to the support series.
Old 28 Aug 2021, 11:54 (Ref:4070765)   #400
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
MSV have always been expensive. The upside is that the circuits are well run, lots of loos, catering etc. The season passes also work out to very good value (my pass for all 4-wheel meetings at all 4 circuits was £180). But yeah, it can feel like you’re being nickel & dimed.