Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 29 Jan 2023, 10:27 (Ref:4141886)   #376
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasDavour View Post
I wonder if the Porsche #6 is attempting some kind of crazy fuel saving scheme. How come he is not pitting??
Now it's attempted a time-saving strategy by going across the grass in the infield. Predictably, it ends in Tandy coming to the pits for anew front bumper/cover.

So now a BMW is ahead of both Porsches. I wouldn't have predicted that after the first hour.
Old 29 Jan 2023, 10:29 (Ref:4141887)   #377
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wonder who is most lost, me or the commentators. I saw #6 keeping circulating long, and if it spun (which I missed) wouldn't that make sense if the tires where shot, and they gambled and lost. Now they had to fix damage and lost what they tried to gain by staying out long. Or did it enter the pits, and only change driver when something happened?
Old 29 Jan 2023, 11:05 (Ref:4141890)   #378
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Surprising reliability from GTP - maybe now all will break down haha

Messy D24 from Tandy both in roar and now - always seemed like he was on the edge/going beyond it
Old 29 Jan 2023, 12:15 (Ref:4141898)   #379
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I am going to miss most of the rest of the race while at work ..... so far I am impressed that IMSA has introduced new rules without massively screwing up (aside from Porsche GT BOP.)

Cadillac .... running like trains, like always. The new Acuras seem to be working properly despite the mostly new tech ..... Barring the sort of silliness which almost always happens, it will come down to which driver in which of the top two will be more insistent on the final lap.

I am a Shank fan, I can not lie ...
Old 29 Jan 2023, 12:24 (Ref:4141899)   #380
C6R Racing Fan
Racer

United States
Ohio, USA
C6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridC6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
#32 AMG GT3 Mercede behind wall after another very strong run from them!
Old 29 Jan 2023, 12:27 (Ref:4141900)   #381
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Beautiful sunrise! Hoping to be there next year.
Old 29 Jan 2023, 12:44 (Ref:4141901)   #382
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Power nap done. I've chosen bourbon over coffee so we'll see how that goes.

31 to the garage
Bourbon tastes better in the morning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Beautiful sunrise! Hoping to be there next year.
Yes! And I'm pleasantly surprised I didn't miss complete carnage while I was away.
Old 29 Jan 2023, 12:49 (Ref:4141902)   #383
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just checked the radar and there are some clouds starting to filter in the area.
Old 29 Jan 2023, 12:50 (Ref:4141903)   #384
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bourbon taste good anytime.

Now the GTP field has spread out, as some have had issues. I think it means we need another FCY to get some action again. I hope Porsche will be more solid come Sebring, and the BMW. Very cool to see the Cadillac so solid.
Old 29 Jan 2023, 12:59 (Ref:4141905)   #385
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The 01 Cadi looks stunning covered in grime. That's the only update from the last hour.
Old 29 Jan 2023, 13:06 (Ref:4141907)   #386
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
The 01 Cadi looks stunning covered in grime. That's the only update from the last hour.
Almost all cars do!

Amazing job by Windward to be leading GT!
Old 29 Jan 2023, 13:19 (Ref:4141908)   #387
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Power nap done. I've chosen bourbon over coffee so we'll see how that goes.

31 to the garage
Bourbon barrel aged coffee count?
Old 29 Jan 2023, 13:22 (Ref:4141909)   #388
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Bourbon barrel aged coffee count?
Quote:
Bourbon taste good anytime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Bourbon tastes better in the morning.

Well.....I'm awake again. Moving to coffee this time. Got to half way function, later today.
Old 29 Jan 2023, 13:31 (Ref:4141913)   #389
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Coffee for me too.

Trying to make sense of the scoredboard.

I saw the Porsche with bodywork off in the pits in the middle of the night. Where was it running at that point? At the front or did I dream that?
Old 29 Jan 2023, 13:45 (Ref:4141914)   #390
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wish there was a website where you could find race updates for each car. Ive not really been following the race that closely but id like to know why cars are out or are so far down the order
Old 29 Jan 2023, 13:47 (Ref:4141915)   #391
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post

I saw the Porsche with bodywork off in the pits in the middle of the night. Where was it running at that point? At the front or did I dream that?

I think that is accurate, but I can't prove it.

Anyone else think of Mark Winterbottom every time they say "stay frosty" on RLM?
Old 29 Jan 2023, 13:51 (Ref:4141917)   #392
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
I wish there was a website where you could find race updates for each car. Ive not really been following the race that closely but id like to know why cars are out or are so far down the order
There is a replay function on the 71Timibg Chrome extension. I'm not missing with that now but that could be a way to deep dive.
Old 29 Jan 2023, 13:55 (Ref:4141918)   #393
AndrewCherry
Racer

European Union
Horsham
AndrewCherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAndrewCherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
These Cadillacs, overall, look pretty bomb proof. I wonder whether, given relatively open regulations, going for (relative) simplicity (i.e. a big, NA lump as an engine, rather than something with trick turbos, etc.) might turn out to be a masterstroke - especially at the beginning of an era when reliability is generally lowest. Obviously going in to LM they'll be up against some teams with miles, but I'd still say they look strong this year. Sebring is going to be fascinating.
Old 29 Jan 2023, 14:04 (Ref:4141919)   #394
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Coffee for me too.

Trying to make sense of the scoredboard.

The #6 Porsche stayed out long while the Cadillacs pitted, so it was leading for a while. Then the Cadillacs and Acuras passed it with fresher tires, and then something odd happened that I missed that caused #6 to sit a long time in the pits for bodywork being changed and other things poked at. I think that decided the top class in the Cadillac favour. Someone else's analysis might be more detailed and correct
Old 29 Jan 2023, 14:07 (Ref:4141920)   #395
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Highlighting the BMW and they go off.

Regular ad breaks on Peacock have returned.

Coffee working.....
Old 29 Jan 2023, 14:07 (Ref:4141921)   #396
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:

Well.....I'm awake again. Moving to coffee this time. Got to half way function, later today.
yes there are some conference championship games to watch!
Old 29 Jan 2023, 14:09 (Ref:4141923)   #397
C6R Racing Fan
Racer

United States
Ohio, USA
C6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridC6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The #6 Porsche stayed out long while the Cadillacs pitted, so it was leading for a while. Then the Cadillacs and Acuras passed it with fresher tires, and then something odd happened that I missed that caused #6 to sit a long time in the pits for bodywork being changed and other things poked at. I think that decided the top class in the Cadillac favour. Someone else's analysis might be more detailed and correct
Tandy ran off again (may have been helped, no video was found).
They had to change the wing/splitter/cheese wedge and front clip.
They fought with the rear quite a bit.
Old 29 Jan 2023, 14:10 (Ref:4141924)   #398
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
yes there are some conference championship games to watch!
Well, that and I'm coaching an indoor soccer game at 5.
Old 29 Jan 2023, 14:10 (Ref:4141926)   #399
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks all for the summary.

I was dosing with the race on and thought I saw it in the lead and definitely saw them poking around in it.

BMW has a little off. I for once I am fully subscribed with John’s drive by wire theory casing the odd braking issue. New cars and first race. It’s more likely to happen in a competitive environment rather than testing. It’s been OK at Daytona with nice tarmac runoffs, but could be more of a problem elsewhere
Old 29 Jan 2023, 14:11 (Ref:4141927)   #400
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Last time I remembered one was in the paddock replacing the battery unit, as they were having an issue with it. These are still new units for IMSA and there will be these kind of things.