Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 25 Jan 2011, 20:08 (Ref:2820515)   #376
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Biggest recipient of this waiver will surely be Aston. I simply can't see them getting it ready in time.
Dave Richards was optomistic to have a car at Sebring for testing , and possibily for the race too , but said it would be close , and only for one car .
Old 25 Jan 2011, 23:23 (Ref:2820603)   #377
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius Motorspo View Post

These days money speaks loud, but I think that they are about to put some seroius dents into the Lotus brand, not trying to take anything away from JetAlliance who has done it great in the past.
Some of that may depend on who the actual team running the JetAlliance operation is. The Astons were run by Ottmar Welti's organization which is now not exactly covering itself in glory as Swiss Racing Team, but was pretty top-line with the DBR9. I am not sure whether they are involved in the JetAlliance Lotus program, anyone know?
Old 25 Jan 2011, 23:28 (Ref:2820607)   #378
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Welti will be back in GT1 with SRT from what I've read, that doesn't necessarily rule out an involvement with JetAlliance, but it makes it somewhat less likely...
Old 28 Jan 2011, 08:05 (Ref:2821639)   #379
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob View Post
Maybe it is for 2011 only, or at least I'd hope so. Afterall the ACO were extremely late with this year's regulations. Next season I'd say there are no excuses.
For LMP1, I can understand because of new regs. For GT2, no, they have no excuses.

Can anyone draw up a list of confirmed ILMC entries? I will start the ball rolling with a very simple...

LMP1
Audi R18
Audi R18
Peugeot 90X
Peugeot 90X
Aston Martin
Aston Martin
Old 28 Jan 2011, 08:10 (Ref:2821641)   #380
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
One or two Lola-Toyotas for Rebellion Racing, one Oreca 01 with a Lehmann 4-cylinder turbo engine and a hybrid system run by Hope Polevision, potentially Oreca themselves with a further Peugeot 90X.
Old 28 Jan 2011, 09:52 (Ref:2821677)   #381
MarkLMS
Rookie

Netherlands
Egmond, Netherlands
MarkLMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
for lmp1 i thougt oak racing with 2 cars and prossible drayson racing. For the gt class labre with the corvette, jetalliance with 2 lotus evora's, bmw with two cars, the other corvette running by fs 66 and maybe kronos racing and crs with them ferrari 430's.
Old 28 Jan 2011, 18:08 (Ref:2821936)   #382
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
On the ACO site Piers Phiilips says Strakka are looking to do P1 in the ILMC in 2012.
Old 29 Jan 2011, 14:50 (Ref:2822306)   #383
Bonanza
Racer

United Kingdom
behind you
Bonanza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What classes will be running in the ILMC, LMS and ALMS in 2011?

Regular sportscar fans will find this a stupid question but I didn't follow any sports car racing apart from GT1WC in 2010. I can't find anywhere on the internet that tells me anything about the new systems this year apart from the one they will be using in the LM24H.
Old 29 Jan 2011, 15:18 (Ref:2822318)   #384
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
P1, P2 and GTE for Le Mans and ILMC.

The LMS and ALMS will also allow spec prototypes called LMPC, the ALMS alone will allow GT3 911's.
Old 29 Jan 2011, 20:03 (Ref:2822399)   #385
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Hope Polevision may miss Sebring due to the car not being ready in time.

Possible inaccuracy in the article... wasn't the Lehmann turbo engine supposed to be a 4-pot? A 2-liter turbocharged V8 doesn't really make much sense.
Old 30 Jan 2011, 08:28 (Ref:2822590)   #386
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So Oreca will race the 908 in 2011 .. it's probably sort of a back-up plan

http://www.oreca-racing.com/2011/01/...t-908-hdi-fap/

Ciao Marco
Old 30 Jan 2011, 13:43 (Ref:2822705)   #387
JAG
Veteran

England
I don't see ORECA building a P1 while they can get their hands on Peugeots, especially if they can expand to two cars in 2012.

The P1 customer market will be tougher with Aston, HPD etc. selling cars.

Last edited by JAG; 30 Jan 2011 at 13:50.
Old 30 Jan 2011, 18:07 (Ref:2822833)   #388
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And just when we thought we saw the 908 vs the R15 for the last time.....
Old 30 Jan 2011, 18:38 (Ref:2822848)   #389
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's probably only until Peugeot have build sufficient chassis to cover their own needs.
I think we will see Oreca with a 90X at Le Mans, and in the ILMC thereafter.
Old 30 Jan 2011, 19:38 (Ref:2822872)   #390
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
It's probably only until Peugeot have build sufficient chassis to cover their own needs.
Makes sense- though could it be worthwhile for Peugeot to have a proven 908 to back up the factory cars at LM?
Old 30 Jan 2011, 19:52 (Ref:2822881)   #391
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
Makes sense- though could it be worthwhile for Peugeot to have a proven 908 to back up the factory cars at LM?
Oreca fielding two cars?
Old 30 Jan 2011, 21:13 (Ref:2822915)   #392
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The decision is probably highly strategic and political. They now have a car running to 2010 rules so they can lobby any way they want/need if either one is too fast/too slow, and they could pick up the win if all the factory cars are unlucky or too slow.
Old 30 Jan 2011, 22:24 (Ref:2822943)   #393
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Félix View Post
The decision is probably highly strategic and political. They now have a car running to 2010 rules so they can lobby any way they want/need if either one is too fast/too slow, and they could pick up the win if all the factory cars are unlucky or too slow.
ACO said that who run the 2010 cars would be severely penalized, 2010 spec cars will be much slower than 2011 spec cars... but, a diesel is always a diesel until a proper set of equivalence rules. Lets see what happens at Sebring.
Old 30 Jan 2011, 22:26 (Ref:2822945)   #394
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Hope Polevision may miss Sebring due to the car not being ready in time.

Possible inaccuracy in the article... wasn't the Lehmann turbo engine supposed to be a 4-pot? A 2-liter turbocharged V8 doesn't really make much sense.
They had announced a 2litres engine in the press release
Old 30 Jan 2011, 22:27 (Ref:2822946)   #395
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
Quote:
My bet also... but will Peugeot have 4 chassis for Le Mans without reserves if needed?
Old 31 Jan 2011, 12:51 (Ref:2823192)   #396
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Here's what the issue may be: During the Audi test at Sebring, the R18s ran on average what equates to a 1:46 lap time, with a fast lap of a 1:44.

During said test, Audi had a R15 with the 2011 spec engine, an it appared to be capable of running at least competitive, if not equal or on occasion faster times (more developed car, and fitted with a sprint race aero package). I'll bet that the R18 will likely gain speed, being purpose built for the new rules and such. But early in the year, expect the restricted 2010 diesels and 2011 diesels to possibly be on equal footing. Both the R18 and R15, and the 908 and 90X have to share air restrictor sizes and turbocharger boost ratings. Only the extra 30kgs that the R15 and the 908 will likely have to carry as a part of their grandfathering from last year (they weighed 930kgs last year) may hurt them compared to the newer cars.

But if during the 12 hours that the R15 and the 908 are on even par with the 90x, then Peugeot and Audi may have work to do to get faster. And under the rules, at least on paper, the new and old LMP1 diesels seem to have fairly little to choose between them right now, with the limited info we have.
Old 31 Jan 2011, 15:56 (Ref:2823279)   #397
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Here's what the issue may be: During the Audi test at Sebring, the R18s ran on average what equates to a 1:46 lap time, with a fast lap of a 1:44.

During said test, Audi had a R15 with the 2011 spec engine, an it appared to be capable of running at least competitive, if not equal or on occasion faster times (more developed car, and fitted with a sprint race aero package). I'll bet that the R18 will likely gain speed, being purpose built for the new rules and such. But early in the year, expect the restricted 2010 diesels and 2011 diesels to possibly be on equal footing. Both the R18 and R15, and the 908 and 90X have to share air restrictor sizes and turbocharger boost ratings. Only the extra 30kgs that the R15 and the 908 will likely have to carry as a part of their grandfathering from last year (they weighed 930kgs last year) may hurt them compared to the newer cars.

But if during the 12 hours that the R15 and the 908 are on even par with the 90x, then Peugeot and Audi may have work to do to get faster. And under the rules, at least on paper, the new and old LMP1 diesels seem to have fairly little to choose between them right now, with the limited info we have.
The only reason grandfathered cars are allowed is because of the fear for an empty grid.
I don't think ACO would want a R15/908 victory smeared in their "new rules" face, like Champion did back in 2005, and therefor will restrict the old diesels a bit more than old petrol cars (to make them equal)
Old 31 Jan 2011, 16:08 (Ref:2823288)   #398
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Under current rules, both open and closed cars share air restrictor and turbo boost levels. And currently, as of the ACO publishing the rules, the old and new LMP1 diesels share air restrictor and turbo boost levels.

Barring any differences (aero packages, etc), the new and old LMP1 diesels, at least on paper, will be on hypothetically equal footing. However, we might get a clearer picture if the R18's were in sprint trim and were being pushed at the maximium.

But by years end, expect the newer cars to have an edge over the older ones due mostly to development, as Audi and Peugeot have seem to have done minimal work to the R15 and 908, while the R18 and 90X are new cars at the beginning of their life cycles.
Old 31 Jan 2011, 18:26 (Ref:2823378)   #399
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The only reason grandfathered cars are allowed is because of the fear for an empty grid.
I don't think ACO would want a R15/908 victory smeared in their "new rules" face, like Champion did back in 2005, and therefor will restrict the old diesels a bit more than old petrol cars (to make them equal)
Agreed - but they may not have got it right for the first race!
Old 5 Feb 2011, 16:05 (Ref:2826199)   #400
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Team FS66 withdraws from the ILMC after Le Mans entry for the old Riley GT2 Corvette refused.

And no, this isn't my surprised face.