Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 23 Apr 2010, 17:53 (Ref:2678608)   #376
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Silvertone, Petit & Shanghai are the LMIC rounds, but if you want to enter you also have to do at least 2 other le mans races but results don't count to LMIC (other than the 24).

Entry is now:
Audi
Peugeot
ORECA I think are confirmed
Kolles - announced, but gotta be a question mark now
Drayson
Aston (will do PLM & surely Silverstone, also will have the +2 Le Mans races)
OAK Pescarolo

Got to imagine that GT will be a good line up too - otherwise why would ACO have changed their minds on LMP1 only?

That's it - Silverstone here I come.
Old 23 Apr 2010, 20:26 (Ref:2678681)   #377
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think the GT entry should be fairly competitive, and I hope it includes some of the top Porsche, Ferrari, Vette, and BMW teams from both sides of the pond.
Old 24 Apr 2010, 08:41 (Ref:2678893)   #378
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Have we heard anything from any GT teams yet about participation in the LMIC? ACO included them in the championship but that's it, as far as I could tell. Would be interesting to see the Vette, Flying Lizards and Risi coming over. My only question, especially concerning the Porsches and Ferraris, is it always seemed like the Euro and NA Porsche/Ferrari teams only 'clashed', in terms of using Works Drivers, at Le Mans. With the LMIC, there would be more overlap and if, say, Flying Lizards and Felbermayr/IMSA race in Silverstone and PLM, Porsche will have to distribute their drivers. This normally only affects the 3rd driver, for the longer events, so we're talking about Long not appearing in a Felbermayr since he's got his regular Flying Lizards teams around, and concerns also guys like Lieb, Lietz, Pilet.

Same applies to Bruni, Melo, etc.
Old 24 Apr 2010, 09:59 (Ref:2678918)   #379
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
911targa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Felbermayr should have two cars,2or3 work drivers for #77(Lieb and Liez),at least 1 for IMSA(Pilet,probably with Long),Lizard will receive no more than 1(Bergmeister)mainly because they have Neiman...i wonder if Falken will race there,if not,Henzler might drive for Proton.
the entry list should be like LM24's for GT class and depending on the result of LM24
Old 24 Apr 2010, 14:46 (Ref:2679001)   #380
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911targa View Post
I think Felbermayr should have two cars,2or3 work drivers for #77(Lieb and Liez),at least 1 for IMSA(Pilet,probably with Long),Lizard will receive no more than 1(Bergmeister)mainly because they have Neiman...i wonder if Falken will race there,if not,Henzler might drive for Proton.
the entry list should be like LM24's for GT class and depending on the result of LM24
But at Petit, I can't see them splitting Pat and Jorg up, especially if they're in the thick of the championship.
Old 24 Apr 2010, 18:38 (Ref:2679055)   #381
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could we see a FL/Felbermayr joined entry for this?
Old 24 Apr 2010, 21:30 (Ref:2679100)   #382
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
OR a AF/Risi
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 24 Apr 2010, 21:52 (Ref:2679103)   #383
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
OR a AF/Risi
Doubt it but hopefully we see AF Corse field a couple of cars in the championship.
Old 24 Apr 2010, 22:05 (Ref:2679109)   #384
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
Doubt it but hopefully we see AF Corse field a couple of cars in the championship.
but there wont be any Bruni/Melo car, since, risi will be doing pettit
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 24 Apr 2010, 23:46 (Ref:2679145)   #385
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I do wonder if any ALMS teams will commit to the LMIC in GT/GT2, with Drayson being the only full-time ALMS team in prototypes right now committing to it?
Old 24 Apr 2010, 23:56 (Ref:2679148)   #386
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We did see an IMSA/Felbermayr car at Le Mans last year. Whether FL needs also a combined effort to get to the LMIC, we shall see. And if they even participate.
Old 25 Apr 2010, 00:25 (Ref:2679155)   #387
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
but there wont be any Bruni/Melo car, since, risi will be doing pettit
I'm hoping for Alesi and Fisi since they only made it as reserves at Le Mans! I doubt Risi will find funding to do the ILMC, although that would be great. (Mr. Krohn are you listening?)
Old 25 Apr 2010, 08:50 (Ref:2679237)   #388
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
If Risi were not able to compete but AF Corse would, what would happen in terms of the ALMS drivers championship if Melo and Bruni show up driving an AF Corse car at Petit? Hypothetical thinking.
For Risi would lose out in terms of team championship but could the result for Melo and Bruni stand for the drivers champ?
I really don't see them moving cars at Petit, being Risi territory and all, but you never know.
Old 25 Apr 2010, 08:55 (Ref:2679241)   #389
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
911targa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
We did see an IMSA/Felbermayr car at Le Mans last year. Whether FL needs also a combined effort to get to the LMIC, we shall see. And if they even participate.
yes,but the lemans#70 last year was more a Felbermayr,the car and 3 gentleman drivers all from Felbermayr team,only race under IMSA banner with a little Matmut liveries.
the best entry list i can imagine (though it seems very impossible)
#75 Westbrook-Ragingger-Splunteren
#76 Pilet-Raymond-Holzer
#77 Lieb-Lietz-Henzler
#80 Bergmeister-Long-Law
#88 Sr Felbermayr-Jr Felbermayr-Ried
#98 Neiman-Machiels-Hommerson
Old 7 May 2010, 09:22 (Ref:2685850)   #390
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Endurance-Info.com are reporting (in their Spa coverage) another twist in the LMIC rules. Apparently, teams will be able to miss one of the three rounds, but still be included in the overall 'Team Classification', provided they participate in a minimum of 5 Le Mans labelled races acrooss the ALMS/LMS/AsLMS.
Old 7 May 2010, 11:46 (Ref:2685915)   #391
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Endurance-Info.com are reporting (in their Spa coverage) another twist in the LMIC rules. Apparently, teams will be able to miss one of the three rounds, but still be included in the overall 'Team Classification', provided they participate in a minimum of 5 Le Mans labelled races acrooss the ALMS/LMS/AsLMS.
is this a change due to lack of interest on the part of potential participants and to entice more of them to enter? this change seems it will make it a bit easier for some of the potential participants to enter.
Old 7 May 2010, 14:41 (Ref:2686016)   #392
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
That's excellent news!
Old 7 May 2010, 14:42 (Ref:2686018)   #393
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
is this a change due to lack of interest on the part of potential participants and to entice more of them to enter? this change seems it will make it a bit easier for some of the potential participants to enter.
I think it's an attempt to keep from sucking the life out of the base series.
Old 7 May 2010, 17:00 (Ref:2686114)   #394
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If your going for the championship, you'll still need to enter each round.

Doesn't this just mean teams efforts will still be recognised even if they miss a round, which should encourage more smaller budget teams to enter.

Last edited by JAG; 7 May 2010 at 17:09.
Old 7 May 2010, 19:35 (Ref:2686229)   #395
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Doesn't this just mean teams efforts will still be recognised even if they miss a round, which should encourage more smaller budget teams to enter.
I agree with that, but I still disgree with the policy. The point of the tournament should be to make big teams race in the three continents for worldwide glory.
Old 7 May 2010, 21:53 (Ref:2686278)   #396
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
That's excellent news!
I don't think it's good at all. Now very few of the would be entrants will come to Petit, or at least that's the way it seems to me...
Old 8 May 2010, 11:21 (Ref:2686476)   #397
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
^That's how I see it too, Audi/Pug aside teams will just pick 1 fly away race (Drayson comes to Silverstone, ORECA go to Shanghai, OAK go to PLM)
Old 8 May 2010, 16:10 (Ref:2686599)   #398
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
I agree with that, but I still disgree with the policy. The point of the tournament should be to make big teams race in the three continents for worldwide glory.
This season is only a toe in the water exercise, next year there will be at least two US rounds, and possibly more in Europe and Asia.
Old 8 May 2010, 16:21 (Ref:2686601)   #399
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
I don't think it's good at all. Now very few of the would be entrants will come to Petit, or at least that's the way it seems to me...
IMO the ILMC shouldn't just be viewed as a means to boost Sebring and PLM's entries.

I'd like to see teams such as Highroft, Dyson, P&M, RISI, Rahal etc. taking in a few ILMC rounds outside of North America.

This would obviously only be possible if round clashes were avoided, and perhaps if the ALMS was restructured with fewer rounds.
Old 8 May 2010, 18:13 (Ref:2686642)   #400
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Except that the North American teams by-and-large have North American sponsors who don't have a presence in Europe or Asia, and so don't give a crap about going over there. It doesn't gain them anything to go overseas, so why would they fund such an expedition?

Restructuring the ALMS as you say would only hurt the series. They NEED the maximum number of rounds they can get to achieve the maximum amount of exposure in the US throughout the entire racing season.

Let's face it, Europe has no single series that is equivalent to NASCAR. Australian V8 Supercars is probably the closest to it anywhere else in the world, but that's still only 12-15 weekends a year, as opposed to 36 for Sprint Cup.

ALMS obviously is not on that level, but needs as many rounds as possible (which ideally would be 12-16 a year); don't expect your series to get TV coverage over here unless you have eight or more rounds a season. It's just that simple.