Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 9 Jun 2010, 18:43 (Ref:2707633)   #376
Holt
Veteran

United States
Holt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wouldn't surprise me if the #7 Audi beats either the #1 or #4 Peugeots in qualifying but I dont think it can touch the #3 or #2
Old 9 Jun 2010, 18:46 (Ref:2707634)   #377
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After seeing the times for the practice session today, I'm not sure about GT1 at Le Mans. I've been a strong supporter of GT1 racing, but if GT1 is to surive they need new faster cars.

You could give it a few years away to develop with the World Championship, but it would provide an alibi to expel it completely from Le Mans.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 18:54 (Ref:2707636)   #378
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Peugeots will be tough to catch, but the real race is Saturday...You can bet that Audi will be in the hunt, especially if the forecast would call for rain...

I haven't seen a forecast for Le Mans...is there a chance for rain?

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 9 Jun 2010, 18:56 (Ref:2707637)   #379
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It always rains at Le mans ......
Old 9 Jun 2010, 19:04 (Ref:2707641)   #380
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Yes, chance of rain for the whole weekend.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 19:07 (Ref:2707644)   #381
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
Sure of this? I heard rain in this evening and tomorrow, but a dry race. That is why the first practice session was so important.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 19:09 (Ref:2707646)   #382
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
Sure of this? I heard rain in this evening and tomorrow, but a dry race. That is why the first practice session was so important.
Has the R15+ any rain experience?
Old 9 Jun 2010, 19:10 (Ref:2707647)   #383
skeeskirrt
Racer

United States
Boney Mountain
skeeskirrt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think it rained at all last year (during the race that is). Although, I was not there.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 19:11 (Ref:2707648)   #384
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Has the R15+ any rain experience?
LMS race in Spa The electricity even went out.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 19:12 (Ref:2707650)   #385
ujoint
Racer

United States
usa, virginia
ujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt View Post
The Peugeots will be tough to catch, but the real race is Saturday...You can bet that Audi will be in the hunt, especially if the forecast would call for rain...

I haven't seen a forecast for Le Mans...is there a chance for rain?
40%rain saturday only.(forecast subject to change of course).
Old 9 Jun 2010, 19:15 (Ref:2707654)   #386
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
LMS race in Spa The electricity even went out.
Thats correct .
Has there been any comments on it's behavior in the wet?, compared to the 908?.
It might be interesting if it's going to rain, who would be fastest.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 19:16 (Ref:2707655)   #387
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
I doubt Audi can pull of a repeat of 2008 (Peugeot superior in the dry, but Audi strikes back in the wet). Peugeot has gain much more experience.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 19:26 (Ref:2707662)   #388
GrayWolf
Racer

Bulgaria
Sofia, Bulgaria
GrayWolf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why there are 3 qualifying sessions?
Old 9 Jun 2010, 19:36 (Ref:2707665)   #389
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
One's initial impression when looking at the timesheets is one of total Peugeot domination with Audi's prospects looking quite grim. Given the relative difference in experience with their package at La Sarthe that the two teams have this year however, combined with the fact that this is forecast to probably be the only dry running before the race, do we really think the two teams were running similar programs? I for one am voting no...
Old 9 Jun 2010, 19:39 (Ref:2707667)   #390
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
One's initial impression when looking at the timesheets is one of total Peugeot domination with Audi's prospects looking quite grim. Given the relative difference in experience with their package at La Sarthe that the two teams have this year however, combined with the fact that this is forecast to probably be the only dry running before the race, do we really think the two teams were running similar programs? I for one am voting no...
I would agree.

L.P.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 19:41 (Ref:2707674)   #391
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
I would agree.

L.P.
Me too, as can be seen i the previously pages of discussion
Old 9 Jun 2010, 19:46 (Ref:2707677)   #392
adrs2k
Rookie

adrs2k should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed, and even commented on by Dindo. It is Audi, they have a game plan and stick to it. Since Peugot started, Audi has never gotten into a lap time war with them. They are all about race pace.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 19:48 (Ref:2707679)   #393
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
grab a few bears and come over..
That sounds potentially very scary
Old 9 Jun 2010, 19:50 (Ref:2707681)   #394
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Me too, as can be seen i the previously pages of discussion
Sorry, I scanned back through a few pages of talk about different video streams and gave up looking for comments on the cars on track! I'm trying to edit a manuscript this afternoon so no video for me, it makes reading tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
That sounds potentially very scary
I think he is trying to make sure his 'guest' never arrives. Does Speed-King like Porsches or something?!
Old 9 Jun 2010, 19:54 (Ref:2707684)   #395
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Dr. Ulrich suggests that the new tarmac is partially responsible for the faster lap times.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 19:55 (Ref:2707685)   #396
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
Which is interesting in some ways, since there was no rubber down on that part of the track. Must be providing a lot of grip to make up the difference then! Has anyone checked S1 and S2 times from this year against last?
Old 9 Jun 2010, 19:58 (Ref:2707689)   #397
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Dr. Ulrich suggests that the new tarmac is partially responsible for the faster lap times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
Which is interesting in some ways, since there was no rubber down on that part of the track. Must be providing a lot of grip to make up the difference then! Has anyone checked S1 and S2 times from this year against last?
Allan McNish was saying the same thing in an earlier interview with RLM!, so there must be something to it!
Old 9 Jun 2010, 20:00 (Ref:2707692)   #398
chrizzzie
Rookie

Canada
chrizzzie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrs2k View Post
I can't wait for qualifying!!! Thank you very much to sportszone for running different streams atm to keep us occupied!
The truck racing must've been the highlight or not?
Old 9 Jun 2010, 20:02 (Ref:2707696)   #399
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
Quote:
Allan McNish was saying the same thing in an earlier interview with RLM!, so there must be something to it!
And I believe it too, I just wish the ACO would provide us with easy access to the individual sector times on the timing and scoring. I've not found them yet...
Old 9 Jun 2010, 20:02 (Ref:2707697)   #400
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Minassian doing set-up checks and then Sarrazin will be unleashed in the #2. Can't wait!