Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 23 Jul 2015, 23:44 (Ref:3560544)   #376
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The way the Indycars have been going lately they should put it on the undertray...
Old 27 Jul 2015, 02:27 (Ref:3561493)   #377
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
Fabs would be good fit for SCAR , as any team looking to promote themselves and sponsors .
Don't know what you see in Fabs, but he doesn't exactly inspire me to visit a SCA store at the moment.... Every time I see him I feel that I should be buying some sort of hair care, aftershave and men's beauty product....

Now I'd rather see Holdsworth plugging SCA or even Ambrose..... Come to think of it, doesn't Stanley signage appear on the SCAR car somewhere?? Maybe they're going to make a switch over the Penske and team up with Marcos.....just putting that out there....
Old 27 Jul 2015, 04:52 (Ref:3561532)   #378
snappa
Racer

snappa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of all of the current drivers on the market I think Reynolds is probably the best fit for Super Cheap Autos. He seems willing to do the silly things that Ingal and Morris would in their ads. As long as he doesn't dress up as the arm or all man we should be safe.
Old 27 Jul 2015, 07:42 (Ref:3561573)   #379
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by snappa View Post
Of all of the current drivers on the market I think Reynolds is probably the best fit for Super Cheap Autos. He seems willing to do the silly things that Ingal and Morris would in their ads. As long as he doesn't dress up as the arm or all man we should be safe.
Honestly I wouldn't have him representing my brand.

I'd have Fabs over him any day, I think he is the most likeable out of the current crop of drivers, plus he is a Kiwi so he works on both sides of the Tasman.
Old 27 Jul 2015, 07:44 (Ref:3561575)   #380
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I reckon id rather have Chaz representing my brand.
Old 27 Jul 2015, 08:33 (Ref:3561590)   #381
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
I reckon id rather have Chaz representing my brand.
Chaz is cool, but the smart money says he'll be backed by Pepsi bucks next year.
Old 27 Jul 2015, 08:39 (Ref:3561591)   #382
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Chaz is cool, but the smart money says he'll be backed by Pepsi bucks next year.
agreed, Chaz is very suitable to Pepsi Max market.

However I wonder if Pepsi may be tempted to be on reigning champions car thus leaving a supercheap sized hole
Old 27 Jul 2015, 09:01 (Ref:3561598)   #383
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
However I wonder if Pepsi may be tempted to be on reigning champions car thus leaving a supercheap sized hole
Nothing's impossible, but it seems PRA have to charge the real rates for these things instead of pinching other people's sponsors for half price so we'll see what happens.

Have Supercheap always been on Holdens since the Ellery days? I think so?

Certainly haven't been far away from WP most of that time.
Old 28 Jul 2015, 05:33 (Ref:3561862)   #384
billybanana
Veteran

billybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbillybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Have Supercheap always been on Holdens since the Ellery days? I think so?

Certainly haven't been far away from WP most of that time.
Holden's yes but not with WP most of that time. They were with PWR for 3 years and then a couple with Ingall at PMM before they followed him to WP.
Old 28 Jul 2015, 05:52 (Ref:3561866)   #385
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This would have been the last Supercheap Ford wouldnt it?
Old 28 Jul 2015, 06:36 (Ref:3561877)   #386
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I recall it having a lot of purple, unless that blue is the purple and its a photo/lighting issue.

Or maybe this was last design on a Falcon?
Old 28 Jul 2015, 09:10 (Ref:3561907)   #387
DV_08
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
DV_08 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That would be the one

Old 28 Jul 2015, 09:16 (Ref:3561910)   #388
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybanana View Post
Holden's yes but not with WP most of that time. They were with PWR for 3 years and then a couple with Ingall at PMM before they followed him to WP.
PWR was really part of the WP (Holden Motorsport) part of the world though...
Old 29 Jul 2015, 22:11 (Ref:3562273)   #389
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
INDYCAR TO DEBUT ON-BOARD LED POSITIONING PANELS

Wonder if this would be useful especially for spectators.

I'm of the opinion that people want information and anything that provides more information easily in motorsport is a good thing
WEC/LMS have been doing something similar for years.

Silverstone 24hrs had position lights this year too, different coloured numbers according to class. Would have been really useful if the blue ones were legible, but the colour used was such that no-one's eyes could resolve them!
Old 30 Jul 2015, 01:01 (Ref:3562315)   #390
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
WEC/LMS have been doing something similar for years.

Silverstone 24hrs had position lights this year too, different coloured numbers according to class. Would have been really useful if the blue ones were legible, but the colour used was such that no-one's eyes could resolve them!
V8SC had them too. I mean the #1 on the side of the car used to mean that car was winning everything... not this year...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 31 Jul 2015, 22:10 (Ref:3562919)   #391
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Chaz Mostert has agreed a new four-year deal with Prodrive Racing Australia, ending an unusual contract saga between the two parties.
The team has confirmed via a media release today that it and Mostert “agreed to tear up” an existing deal “in favour of a new longer term contract”.
Prodrive announced in May that it had taken up a two-year option on Mostert, extending his tenure with the team though until the end of 2017.
The option, of which Mostert had no say over, had been written into the previous agreement between the two parties, signed in late 2013.
Doubt over Mostert’s future subsequently arose when the driver’s management proceeded to shop the 23-year-old around to other teams despite the option having been activated.
While no rival squads took up the legal challenge of prizing Mostert out of the deal, the new agreement with Prodrive is understood to provide more appealing financial terms to the driver.
Mostert first linked with Prodrive in 2011, partway through the then reigning Australian Formula Ford champion’s first Dunlop Series season.
Graduating to the main series with customer squad Dick Johnson Racing midway through 2013, Mostert joined Prodrive’s Pepsi Max Crew last year, winning Bathurst alongside Paul Morris.
“I am super-pumped to keep the consistency going with the team and this new deal is me repaying the faith they’ve shown in me over the last few years,” Mostert said in a statement.
“I’ve had a great relationship with everyone at Prodrive Racing since I joined them back in the Dunlop Series days.
“It is the people that make the team so great. There are so many people that have been there for a long time and have a lot of experience, so to continue with them is important.
“Obviously our overall package is performing very well so I want to keep the form going for years to come.
“However, my immediate focus is on continuing our great year – we want the team title and the driver title so hopefully as a team we can get both.”
Prodrive team principal Tim Edwards added his pleasure at having both Mostert and team-mate Mark Winterbottom under long-term deals.
“Everyone at the team is very happy to have Chaz staying with us for at least the next few years as he’s grown up with us over the last four years and we all want to continue our successful partnership,” Edwards said.
“We had him for another couple of years still under his previous agreement but both parties agreed we were committed for the long-term and this new two-plus-two year deal works well for everyone involved.
“With Mark signed through until at least 2018 we have a secure driver line-up with two of the best out there.
“That gives a lot of confidence to our team and aids with attracting new investment, retaining our current partners and also future recruiting. I am pretty sure our loyal fans will like it too.”
Old 31 Jul 2015, 23:39 (Ref:3562935)   #392
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Mostert signs until end of 2019

I was somewhat excited by this when i first read it, But then when I thought about it more, we have no idea what vehicles PRA will have in 2017 onwards, maybe im not as excited as i hoped
Old 1 Aug 2015, 00:45 (Ref:3562954)   #393
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Mostert signs until end of 2019

I was somewhat excited by this when i first read it, But then when I thought about it more, we have no idea what vehicles PRA will have in 2017 onwards, maybe im not as excited as i hoped
What it also suggests is that PRA may have been economical with the truth when they shared that the option on Mr Mostert has been taken up..

Good for PRA, and Mr Mostert's bank manager hopefully..

To take your point, do we even know how many cars PRA are supporting next season?
Old 1 Aug 2015, 02:07 (Ref:3562967)   #394
Mixer
Veteran

Have to hand it to the new owners, they have done a hell of a job since taking over.
Old 1 Aug 2015, 02:52 (Ref:3562975)   #395
FPV8U
Racer

Australia
3rd Rock from the Sun.
FPV8U should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
What it also suggests is that PRA may have been economical with the truth when they shared that the option on Mr Mostert has been taken up..

Good for PRA, and Mr Mostert's bank manager hopefully..

To take your point, do we even know how many cars PRA are supporting next season?
At least 3 and you would have to think on form if Superblack were to leave a vacant spot that somebody would want to run a customer car from that stable.
Old 1 Aug 2015, 04:27 (Ref:3562987)   #396
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U View Post
At least 3 and you would have to think on form if Superblack were to leave a vacant spot that somebody would want to run a customer car from that stable.
Would there be a REC available to do so? Quite likely DJRTP will take it back.
Old 1 Aug 2015, 05:32 (Ref:3563002)   #397
FPV8U
Racer

Australia
3rd Rock from the Sun.
FPV8U should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz170 View Post
Would there be a REC available to do so? Quite likely DJRTP will take it back.
PRA own 3 REC's any additional entries on a customer basis would require them to bring an REC as par of the deal, be it leased or owned as CSR did and SBR have this year.
Old 1 Aug 2015, 06:16 (Ref:3563008)   #398
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
rusty sitting on the infield discusing testing. interesting.

is it his opinion or is he just setting up the audience for more testing in 2016

I reckon the latter, more testing next year
Old 1 Aug 2015, 07:19 (Ref:3563020)   #399
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The testing on Monday after a round at that track makes sense...
Old 1 Aug 2015, 07:27 (Ref:3563022)   #400
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
The testing on Monday after a round at that track makes sense...
It does.. but the idea originally was to open up Friday testing, as the car would (hopefully) be in good nick to race at the weekend. If the car is damaged in the racing on Sat/Sun, the teams have a big job of turning it around for testing the next day...