Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 15 Jan 2005, 08:45 (Ref:1201451)   #376
mikmx
Racer

Netherlands
rotterdam
mikmx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PLEEEEAAASSSEEE let it work out for RFH I want to see the dutch flag on at least three cars in total. Without RFH that does not look good .
Old 17 Jan 2005, 05:45 (Ref:1202721)   #377
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
By the way:
Have other teams than the Prodrive factory-effort confirmed an enty or application for the Aston Martin?
What about the Team of Martin Brundle and Mark Blundell? Still seeking budget? And if that comes together where do they want to start?
Old 17 Jan 2005, 07:19 (Ref:1202749)   #378
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Old 17 Jan 2005, 10:18 (Ref:1202850)   #379
Paddy_NL
Racer

Netherlands
Rotterdam, NL
Paddy_NL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikmx
PLEEEEAAASSSEEE let it work out for RFH I want to see the dutch flag on at least three cars in total. Without RFH that does not look good .
I have to agree on that. Even though we will still bring our own flags
Old 17 Jan 2005, 17:11 (Ref:1203089)   #380
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin
anyone know whos down to drive for them this year, any chance of Brundle or Blundell trying out their prospective new car?
Old 17 Jan 2005, 17:16 (Ref:1203092)   #381
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was luck enough to be by the Autosport Stage at the NEC on Saturday when Darren Turner and David Brabham where being interviewed by our very on Hindy and I got the impression that they will be driving the car. As for the other driver they said that there is a very long que and there team are talking to some big names.
Old 17 Jan 2005, 17:22 (Ref:1203100)   #382
Zandbak
Racer

Netherlands
Zandbak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
Thanks for the news, Fire !

The budget is not secured yet...
The part of the budget that van de Kolk brings in is secured The Lammers part of budget not..........
Old 18 Jan 2005, 21:06 (Ref:1204134)   #383
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Official ACO list automatic entries (9 out of 15 are from US)

Intersport with Courage-Judd

Last edited by FIRE; 18 Jan 2005 at 21:08.
Old 18 Jan 2005, 21:38 (Ref:1204160)   #384
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have a feeling that might be miss print. So that the people who have not taken up there entries are:-

LMP1
Goh x2
Veloqx x2
Dyson

Well we knew that already so no real suprise

LMP2
All Entries taken

GT1
Prodrive
Barron Connor

I thought people where able to transfer there entries to other cars, in the case of Prodrive I thought they might have used there entry for one of the Aston's. Barron Connor no Maserati then

GT2
Choroq Racing
JMB
Alex Job Racing

Again nothing there that we didn't already no.
Old 18 Jan 2005, 22:53 (Ref:1204214)   #385
mariantic
Racer

Scotland
Scotland
mariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones
I thought people where able to transfer there entries to other cars, in the case of Prodrive I thought they might have used there entry for one of the Aston's .
Entrants can certainly change car type but ACO are reserving judgement and not automatically giving the Aston an entry until they've seen the cars perform at Sebring.

"The Selection Committee will see the DBR9s racing for the first time on 19th March in the Sebring 12 Hours"

Sensible, really - if the Aston's were to turn out to be dogs ACO would look a bit silly having accepted a "blind" entry.
Old 18 Jan 2005, 22:57 (Ref:1204220)   #386
mariantic
Racer

Scotland
Scotland
mariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Intersport with Courage-Judd

This one is really odd. Are there any more C65's available? I guess they could be leasing a Miracle car or is this a "Trojan Horse" for Miracle, Tacksport, G-Force, Cirtek or whoever.

I wondered if these pre-selected entries were "tradeable" - perhaps this is a case...
Old 18 Jan 2005, 22:59 (Ref:1204222)   #387
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i bet that Intersport bought a courage to run in the full ALMS season (alongside its B2k/40) that is my gut feeling at the moment!
Old 19 Jan 2005, 04:48 (Ref:1204387)   #388
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Note that Courage shouldn't use its LMP2 entry, to focus on the brand new L70.

The intersport Courage LMP2 is a surprise to me too. Rented car ? Join venture with another owner ?
Old 19 Jan 2005, 09:32 (Ref:1204520)   #389
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Have I missed something? CMS show a full Le Mans/LMES schedule on the their website. I vaguely remember talk of a prototype for 2005 and Mariantic shows them as "Lola...in schedule.....what car?". Anyone.........?????
Old 19 Jan 2005, 10:11 (Ref:1204553)   #390
mariantic
Racer

Scotland
Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
Note that Courage shouldn't use its LMP2 entry, to focus on the brand new L70.

The intersport Courage LMP2 is a surprise to me too. Rented car ? Join venture with another owner ?
The Intersport Courage is a misprint on the ACO website - the official PDF shows Intersport with two Lolas one AER and one Judd, As per recent stories. So one MG and one new B04.

Courage LMP2 is a surprise as they said they would not race against their customers. so perhaps this is a customer under the factory entry. (see speculation in post above less Miracle who have an accepted entry)
Old 19 Jan 2005, 10:14 (Ref:1204557)   #391
mariantic
Racer

Scotland
Scotland
Another thing...

Note that the BMS Ferrari 550 is accepted, this is not the Prodrive pre-selected entry it is a pre-selection for BMS winning the FIA GT. This sort of crept into the regs at some point!

Prodrive preselection is presumably "on hold" pending the Aston's performance at Sebring.
Old 19 Jan 2005, 11:03 (Ref:1204593)   #392
mariantic
Racer

Scotland
Scotland
Just to clarify things I've put up the ACO pdf list. You'll see it's different to the ACO website!

Follow the "Pre-selected entries revealed" link at my Le Mans page.
Old 19 Jan 2005, 13:36 (Ref:1204691)   #393
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ok, but how do you its correct. they may have made a mistake on either of them. lol
Old 19 Jan 2005, 13:44 (Ref:1204697)   #394
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariantic

Sensible, really - if the Aston's were to turn out to be dogs ACO would look a bit silly having accepted a "blind" entry.
Personally, I disagree. From sheer looks alone, this is a car that the ACO ought to be desperate to have on the grid. They have pre-selected plenty of "dogs" in the past (and I'm not even going to mention our dear "lady friend.....".....

Last edited by Aysedasi; 19 Jan 2005 at 13:44.
Old 19 Jan 2005, 14:59 (Ref:1204767)   #395
vs346
Racer

Greenland
vs346 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Personally, I disagree. From sheer looks alone, this is a car that the ACO ought to be desperate to have on the grid. They have pre-selected plenty of "dogs" in the past (and I'm not even going to mention our dear "lady friend.....".....
Perhaps that's what they are trying to avoid, preselecting a 'dog' Noone but the AM team really knows how well these cars might run for 12/24 hours. The ACO is taking a hard stance on a lot of things lately (Mazzas) and I think thats making the 24 Hours all the better.
Old 19 Jan 2005, 15:49 (Ref:1204802)   #396
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Ouest France mentions two entries asked by Henri Pescarolo, and two others for Yves Courage... but in which category, for Courage ?

We already know that he's keen to make it with the new L70, but is the second entry another L70 ? I cannot see Courage racing against his own customers (although he did it last year)...
Old 19 Jan 2005, 17:10 (Ref:1204880)   #397
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Back on an old question of mine : why isn't Dyson interrested by Le Mans ? That's two years in a row that the team miss the race, and that the public miss the cars and the team...

It's quite understandable to focus on the ALMS, but miss the race that give the rules to the category, when other teams would like so much enter the field...

Last edited by Fab; 19 Jan 2005 at 17:11.
Old 19 Jan 2005, 17:14 (Ref:1204888)   #398
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
Back on an old question of mine : why isn't Dyson interrested by Le Mans ? That's two years in a row that the team miss the race, and that the public miss the cars and the team...
Indeed very strange.
In most cases money is the reason but I think that's not the problem for them.
Old 19 Jan 2005, 18:10 (Ref:1204919)   #399
vs346
Racer

Greenland
vs346 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fab, I read somewhere that Dyson was only interested in entering LM when they have a good chance of winning. Personally I think this is year would be perfect, but I guess they think otherwise. Plus I'm not sure if they think the AER engine could last the distance. Maybe with the new V8 turbo mentioned in DSC today. Next year perhaps?
Old 19 Jan 2005, 18:46 (Ref:1204933)   #400
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Thanks for that vs346 - that's what I remembered about the AER engine. But I thought they improved the reliability enough to have a try this year... too bad, the first hours could have been crazy...