Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 12 Jan 2008, 08:42 (Ref:2104606)   #376
Paddy_NL
Racer

Netherlands
Rotterdam, NL
Paddy_NL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjp_67
hi all my first time to la mans this year weres the best camp sites for partying
are you better out getting a ticket b4 you go do you have to book campsite hopeing to get there thursday night or friday morning anybody got any do's an d'nots cheers
Hi sjp_67,
Normally the Beausejour campsite is the only one left to turn up, pay and enter. But as this year huge lumps of Houx Annex, Maison Blanche and Karting Nord are being rebuilt for the Bugatti Circuit, you might (I say "might") find yourself unlucky as loads of regulars have been bumped out of these camp sites.
Just to be safe, you might want to get tickets up ahead, and online ticket office can be found via www.lemans.org
Parties can be found everywhere, but the handiest thing to do is get a coolbox on wheels to bring your own beer. Good luck and have fun!
Old 12 Jan 2008, 09:51 (Ref:2104625)   #377
sjp_67
Rookie

sjp_67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thanks paddy great help keeping beer cold no probs (not in the bottle long enough) cooler box on wheels will have to be sorted out is this site a long way out? and am i better off getting my race ticket here at home b4 we go as there is a change i might not get there as we are driving down from zeebrugge in a 1973 mg midget so we might not get there but all been well we will cheers
Old 12 Jan 2008, 10:50 (Ref:2104649)   #378
Paddy_NL
Racer

Netherlands
Rotterdam, NL
Quote:
is this site a long way out?
I'm afraid so. Depending on arrival time (Thursday evening is quite late, so you'll be at the back of the campsite) all will take quite some time. Walking to the exit of the campsite can take up to ten minutes walk. Porsche Curves will be your best bet (only ten minute walk from the campsite entrance), start/finish and paddock will take at least a 25 minute walk. As you will be in an MG, you cannot bring any bicycles i guess.

Here's a map of the circuit, Beausejour is at the bottom right in that red square (and a lot bigger than indicated).
http://www.speedchills.com/images/bsj_location.jpg
Old 12 Jan 2008, 10:57 (Ref:2104655)   #379
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Unless you are forced to from where you get the camping ticket it is cheaper to buy your entrance ticket on the door, or direct from the ACO website rather than from a ticket agency. There are always tickets available on the door. However if you want a grandstand seat you will need to book soon as many will be already sold out.
Old 12 Jan 2008, 11:31 (Ref:2104667)   #380
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Brilliant value. Why do people go to watch F1 when they can see something so much better for an outlay like that?
Because it's a secret. Shhh don't tell anyone or they'll ruin it for the rest of us.
Old 12 Jan 2008, 12:33 (Ref:2104689)   #381
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by inpitlane
Because it's a secret. Shhh don't tell anyone or they'll ruin it for the rest of us.
As a matter of fact it is a quite boring experience. I mean,they don't even change those cars during the 24 hours so you're constantly watching THE SAME cars go round and round and round...
Then there's the amount of english and danish people,who ALLWAYS drink waaaay to much alcohol and allways lure you in to get you
just as drunk as they are,so then you end up sitting in your grandstandseat on Sundaymorning/afternoon with a MASSIVE hangover,having your head sawn in two by these higly annoying screams of Aston V12's,Porsche B6's and thundering Corvette's reverbarating of the concrete of the pitconstructions...

Nâh,if you ask me,it's all highly overated....and when you stay home and watch the race on the telly,you'll be able to follow the race much better too!

Old 12 Jan 2008, 14:00 (Ref:2104721)   #382
Erw
Racer

Netherlands
Amersfoort, Holland
Erw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When do we get to know the final entry list, want to know if de dutch Rs Spyder is able to attent.
Old 12 Jan 2008, 14:00 (Ref:2104722)   #383
Erw
Racer

Netherlands
Amersfoort, Holland
Erw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour
As a matter of fact it is a quite boring experience. I mean,they don't even change those cars during the 24 hours so you're constantly watching THE SAME cars go round and round and round...
Then there's the amount of english and danish people,who ALLWAYS drink waaaay to much alcohol and allways lure you in to get you
just as drunk as they are,so then you end up sitting in your grandstandseat on Sundaymorning/afternoon with a MASSIVE hangover,having your head sawn in two by these higly annoying screams of Aston V12's,Porsche B6's and thundering Corvette's reverbarating of the concrete of the pitconstructions...

Nâh,if you ask me,it's all highly overated....and when you stay home and watch the race on the telly,you'll be able to follow the race much better too!

Good thing you stay at home than eh
Old 12 Jan 2008, 14:41 (Ref:2104749)   #384
Paddy_NL
Racer

Netherlands
Rotterdam, NL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erw
When do we get to know the final entry list, want to know if de dutch Rs Spyder is able to attent.

Could be as late as March or even April
Old 12 Jan 2008, 22:49 (Ref:2104953)   #385
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy_NL
Could be as late as March or even April
The selection committee will meet twice, once in February and again at the end of March.
Old 13 Jan 2008, 13:52 (Ref:2105244)   #386
davidcookerules
Rookie

davidcookerules should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
www.thetour.org.uk

Link removed - relevance?

(Aysedasi - 14.1.08)

Last edited by Aysedasi; 14 Jan 2008 at 14:01.
Old 14 Jan 2008, 11:01 (Ref:2105815)   #387
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
thanks paddy great help keeping beer cold no probs (not in the bottle long enough) cooler box on wheels will have to be sorted out is this site a long way out? and am i better off getting my race ticket here at home b4 we go as there is a change i might not get there as we are driving down from zeebrugge in a 1973 mg midget so we might not get there but all been well we will cheers

Many years ago we did the trip in a mark 1 spitfire so I know what "tight for space means". Remember that just about every thing you need can be bought either in Le Mans or on the way down. It is easier to arrive set up camp then go back to a supermarket and buy bulky items when the car is slightly emptier. Buy some cheap camping stuff down there and leave it, cheap chairs etc can be obtained there and so can cool boxes, tents sleeping bags, gazebos. If the carrefore has sold out you may have to drive to another supermarket or small town, but France is very keen on Camping and the stuff is cheaper than here.

Enjoy your first trip and after another 20 or so you can pass on tips to the next gereration of about to be hooked.
Old 14 Jan 2008, 12:13 (Ref:2105857)   #388
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
[quote=GT6] Buy some cheap camping stuff down there and leave it, cheap chairs etc can be obtained there and so can cool boxes, tents sleeping bags, gazebos.

Shame on you GT6! What about the environment?!
Also should he come in a dieselpowered car to reduce his CO2 footprint(allthough coming by bicycle would be best).
Old 14 Jan 2008, 13:55 (Ref:2105942)   #389
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
[QUOTE=GTfour]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6
Buy some cheap camping stuff down there and leave it, cheap chairs etc can be obtained there and so can cool boxes, tents sleeping bags, gazebos.

Shame on you GT6! What about the environment?!
Also should he come in a dieselpowered car to reduce his CO2 footprint(allthough coming by bicycle would be best).
If you watch the local gypo's taking anything of use after the race you will see recycling at it's best, nothing with even the slightest value is ever left.
Old 14 Jan 2008, 14:02 (Ref:2105947)   #390
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
[quote=GT6]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour
If you watch the local gypo's taking anything of use after the race you will see recycling at it's best, nothing with even the slightest value is ever left.
Ah, that's where the Lambo went then after last year's race........
Old 14 Jan 2008, 14:35 (Ref:2105965)   #391
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Right finaly got a deposit down on some tickets, this year I'm going to be in Blue Nord. After 6 in the Annex what can I expect in difference? I've not camped here before.
Old 15 Jan 2008, 07:55 (Ref:2106412)   #392
sjp_67
Rookie

sjp_67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cheers mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6
Many years ago we did the trip in a mark 1 spitfire so I know what "tight for space means". Remember that just about every thing you need can be bought either in Le Mans or on the way down. It is easier to arrive set up camp then go back to a supermarket and buy bulky items when the car is slightly emptier. Buy some cheap camping stuff down there and leave it, cheap chairs etc can be obtained there and so can cool boxes, tents sleeping bags, gazebos. If the carrefore has sold out you may have to drive to another supermarket or small town, but France is very keen on Camping and the stuff is cheaper than here.

Enjoy your first trip and after another 20 or so you can pass on tips to the next gereration of about to be hooked.
thanks for the info i have been to f1 btcc in uk for the last 12 years and got the camping down to a tee cold beers all week end this is my first time to le mans and any race week end in my midget so i cant take the normel things but i think i will get all the things i will need as i hav a boot rack for the tent'chairs'littel tabel to put my beer on the only prob i have is my mate all ways thinks he has to take a big bag of clothes but not this time the only thing that we will need to buy is beer ice and food the top of my list is ice can we get ice from the shops there as my boss has been in the past and he says he couldn't find any but he allways turn up friday night and camped in the car park thanks again you been a big help cheers
Old 15 Jan 2008, 09:04 (Ref:2106440)   #393
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
thanks for the info i have been to f1 btcc in uk for the last 12 years and got the camping down to a tee cold beers all week end this is my first time to le mans and any race week end in my midget so i cant take the normel things but i think i will get all the things i will need as i hav a boot rack for the tent'chairs'littel tabel to put my beer on the only prob i have is my mate all ways thinks he has to take a big bag of clothes but not this time the only thing that we will need to buy is beer ice and food the top of my list is ice can we get ice from the shops there as my boss has been in the past and he says he couldn't find any but he allways turn up friday night and camped in the car park thanks again you been a big help cheers

Most of the supermarkets sell ice, so as long as you have a cool box you can keep the beer cold for some time. However it can run out fast if the weather is hot.

Better to get talking to the campers around you and see if they have a fridge/plug in cool box, firstly it gets the cold beer you need and secondly it helps break the ice with those next to you in the campsite. Most people are very friendly.

Remember that although you can drive around to see the race from the other viewing points the police are hot on drink driving, however in an old Midget you are less likely to get pulled, imagine the poor police man when he returns to the station having done a 40 year old midget when all his mates have TVR's, Ferrari's etc to thier credit.

Also take care with overloading the midget, the ground clearance is not that great and the campsites can become very rutted.
Old 16 Jan 2008, 09:21 (Ref:2107128)   #394
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND

Just got an invoice for camping tickets, tertre rouge as usual so I am now a very happy LM fan. Just ferry to book and cars to sort. I was getting worried after hearing about others not getting usual campsites.

Hope everyone else hears good news soon.
Old 16 Jan 2008, 10:05 (Ref:2107162)   #395
Paddy_NL
Racer

Netherlands
Rotterdam, NL
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6
I was getting worried after hearing about others not getting usual campsites.
That's putting it mildly. 400 less tickets on Maison Blanche (last year's sections A+B) this year, as well as a substantial lot off Karting Nord and Houx Annex

Good to hear you got what you wanted!
Old 16 Jan 2008, 14:11 (Ref:2107299)   #396
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real DMN
Right finaly got a deposit down on some tickets, this year I'm going to be in Blue Nord. After 6 in the Annex what can I expect in difference? I've not camped here before.
The camping there is quite o.k.. One can have the problem of being a bit far off the toilets&showers,but the general atmosphere is just as party like as on Houx Annexe...
It also is close to the second circuitentrance.

Might I ask,when exactly did you order your Houx Annexe tickets?
Old 16 Jan 2008, 19:02 (Ref:2107474)   #397
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't, hence why I'm in Blue Nord

Thanks for the info, is it one of these sites where the space you have is strictly monitored?
Old 16 Jan 2008, 19:52 (Ref:2107502)   #398
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It has been in the past, so no reason why not in 2008.
Old 16 Jan 2008, 22:28 (Ref:2107610)   #399
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus
It has been in the past, so no reason why not in 2008.
Really? They said it would be like that in Houx Annexe for the past two years,but both years was just like he who comes first has the best places.
Did they actually controle this on Blue?
Old 16 Jan 2008, 22:33 (Ref:2107615)   #400
Doc Hollywood
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Doc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi guys, just a quick question....

What is the availability of general admission tickets on the day at the gate? We're flying into Nantes on the Friday morning and basically intend to go to the circuit on the Saturday morning and just pay in! Is this advisable? or should we try purchase them in advance?

Cheers
J