Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 19 Mar 2013, 00:19 (Ref:3220926)   #4051
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The cutting of a shorting wire is alot quicker than going behind the wall and changing a radiator.

But if you want to be absolutely anal about it in 2006 at the ALMS race in Salt Lake the wining Aston Martin had to change an alternator belt during the race and still beat both Vettes who had a trouble free run, so Aston Martin can do it too...

Do i win?
Old 2 Apr 2013, 22:15 (Ref:3228263)   #4052
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
With RAM bailing on LM24 AMR/TRG are moving up to second place just before ProSpeed. I think it is time for Kev to get going on the GTE.

Cheers
Old 3 Apr 2013, 04:02 (Ref:3228345)   #4053
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pederb View Post
With RAM bailing on LM24 AMR/TRG are moving up to second place just before ProSpeed. I think it is time for Kev to get going on the GTE.

Cheers
Probably not, all the GTE entries seem to be locked in stone and 99-100% likely to be at Le Mans. The only potential withdrawals I can see are in LMP2.
Old 10 Apr 2013, 13:40 (Ref:3231992)   #4054
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
David Richards wants himself to see again Aston Martin car LMP1 class, but remember the AMR-One unfortunate situation what happened to them.
Old 10 Apr 2013, 13:54 (Ref:3231996)   #4055
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They need to work with Lola again....
Old 10 Apr 2013, 14:03 (Ref:3232001)   #4056
zanfo zanfagni
Racer

zanfo zanfagni has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
relationship between lola and aston has gone bad during years because aston considers the lola aston-DBR1/2 a real aston martin car don't caring about lola effort, lola considers the lola aston a modified B09/60. Useless argument right now, lola has more serious problems to think about. Would be great to see a 2014 prodrive reworked dome or lotus T128 powered by a fuel flowed vantage GTE engine.
Old 10 Apr 2013, 14:12 (Ref:3232008)   #4057
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
AMR can do it properly , set a reasonable timeline , a realistic and advanced FSI engine and employ a proven chassis designer . They will also need to expand their core engineering department and not split resources between 2 completely different class's , GTE and P1 .

I consider Le Mans unfinished business for them , as I'm sure they do themselves. I'm sure we will see them in P1 once the new rules settle down .
Old 10 Apr 2013, 14:34 (Ref:3232020)   #4058
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Difficult to work with Lola now
Old 10 Apr 2013, 15:06 (Ref:3232034)   #4059
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
AMR can do it properly , set a reasonable timeline , a realistic and advanced FSI engine and employ a proven chassis designer . They will also need to expand their core engineering department and not split resources between 2 completely different class's , GTE and P1 .

I consider Le Mans unfinished business for them , as I'm sure they do themselves. I'm sure we will see them in P1 once the new rules settle down .
I completley agree, its a travesty that they messed up on the first in-house effort, but thats what happens when you set a shoe-string budget with a rush-job timing plan........they just need to take a sensible measured approach and they will be competitive and reliable I'm sure, would love to see them back in LMP1
Old 10 Apr 2013, 15:35 (Ref:3232046)   #4060
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Would love nothing more than to see them back in LMP1.
Old 10 Apr 2013, 16:22 (Ref:3232062)   #4061
zanfo zanfagni
Racer

even if prodrive owns a carbon factory, just like audi, prodrive has poor experience and knowledge in carbon monocoque (r18 carbon monocoque is produced by italian dallara, lola aston used lola /60 tub). Usually they use the factory to produce carbon parts for their racing cars, and some time ago to produce the amr-one tub. Prodrive/AM isn't neither an engine manufacturer. The 5.9 and 7.3 V12 units that power street db9, dbs, one-77, vantage v12 and various racing versions that powered dbr9, dbrs9, lola-aston and still power vantage v12 gt3 is an heritage of the old aston owner, Ford. The V12 borns by the attacchment of 2 ford v6, while V8 unit that powers the street vantage and the racing vantage GTE comes from the jaguar AJV8 engine, another ford heritage. Prodrive tuned impreza and ferrari engines in the past, but right now is hard to think that they can project a new FSI/DI engine from scratch, the most realistic HP is to bring again the weak 2.0 L6 and use it as base hoping to obtain a better result considering that in future fuel efficency will be more important than mere power output.
Old 10 Apr 2013, 16:24 (Ref:3232064)   #4062
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
What about P2? I always wondered why they didn't jump on the opportunity to prepare a V8 engine for P2 and re-badge a well-developed chassis. I'm sure a lot of wealthy gentlemen would like the idea of owning and/or racing an Aston Martin prototype on P2 budget!
Old 10 Apr 2013, 17:38 (Ref:3232093)   #4063
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
What about P2? I always wondered why they didn't jump on the opportunity to prepare a V8 engine for P2 and re-badge a well-developed chassis. I'm sure a lot of wealthy gentlemen would like the idea of owning and/or racing an Aston Martin prototype on P2 budget!
In theory they shouldn't be able to as P2 isnt a manufacturer class. Although you wouldn't know it sometimes.
Old 10 Apr 2013, 17:51 (Ref:3232102)   #4064
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wouldn´t take David Richards seriously, he´s more interested in PR and business than racing. The only credible way to see an Aston Martin LMP1 would be a badge engineered Lola/Dome/OAK-Zytek/Judd/Cosworth/AER/whatever.
Old 10 Apr 2013, 18:40 (Ref:3232124)   #4065
GT3.14
Veteran

GT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
In theory they shouldn't be able to as P2 isnt a manufacturer class. Although you wouldn't know it sometimes.
Porsche RS Spyder? Have the rules changed since then?

I don't see anything wrong with that, as long as it meets the cost cap and has the amateur driver.
Old 10 Apr 2013, 18:46 (Ref:3232131)   #4066
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I think they can build a LMP2 and put it on sale like HPD. I´m not sure how Alpine or Lotus fit in the current model.
Old 10 Apr 2013, 19:28 (Ref:3232155)   #4067
zanfo zanfagni
Racer

manufacturers can enter lmp2 cars. Morgan, alpine, honda and lotus are there, but it isn't worth it for a customer program because lmp2 cars are cost capped, there isn't much to gain for the manufacturer. Only oreca i think since 2011 had a discrete money gain because has a lot of customers to supply with spare parts.
Old 10 Apr 2013, 19:31 (Ref:3232157)   #4068
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
What about simply re-prepping the GTE engine as a LMP2 powerplant and selling it to teams to stick it in an Oreca or something?
Old 10 Apr 2013, 19:38 (Ref:3232164)   #4069
zanfo zanfagni
Racer

engines aren't sold to teams, is a leasing year by year. Nissan and BMW supplies engines because zytek and judd tuned them to be fitted in an lmp2.
Old 7 May 2013, 13:54 (Ref:3243968)   #4070
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
I can't be the only one to notice how 'dirty' the butts of 2013 GTE Vantages became towards the end of the WEC race at Spa. So what is Aston Martin up to? It seems like the new exhaust is partially exiting under the floor and 'smokes' the rear end as it swings out of the diffuser. Thoughts?

Is it even allowed to have more than one exhaust outlet per bank in GTE?
Old 7 May 2013, 15:40 (Ref:3244006)   #4071
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes their Pro cars were very dirty I noticed that too. But I thought it had probably more to do with some leaking oil than the exhausts.
I don't know...

Old 7 May 2013, 16:02 (Ref:3244016)   #4072
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
from that picture it does look more like oil that anything else
Old 7 May 2013, 16:17 (Ref:3244021)   #4073
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
from that picture it does look more like oil that anything else
If it is losing oil, they better get that fixed before Le Mans as they won't last 24 hours with that sort of problem.

DK
Old 7 May 2013, 17:08 (Ref:3244036)   #4074
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsTrecu View Post
Yes their Pro cars were very dirty I noticed that too. But I thought it had probably more to do with some leaking oil than the exhausts.
I don't know...

It's British. It's probably oil!
Old 7 May 2013, 18:00 (Ref:3244054)   #4075
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That dirt is going to make the car look seriously cool come Sunday morning - I'll be looking out for diecast models with the dirt included at the stalls at Le Mans in 2014 then