Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 10 Jan 2014, 02:53 (Ref:3352269)   #4076
david5
Racer

Australia
Coonabarabran NSW
david5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
Is there any info on the cars Murray Carter ran. During the seventies he was Fords leading Privater. Then dropped of, race a mazda , then came back in 1986in a Skyline, then in 88 in a Sierra RS500
The Sierra was a roughie. Built out of a crashed roadcar IIRC. Replaced the windscreen daily at Bathurst in 1990.
Old 11 Jan 2014, 03:50 (Ref:3352704)   #4077
TCR
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
TCR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter-Nelson View Post
I heard a while back the 2014 program looks something like

Philip Island - Mar
Eastern Creek
Morgan Park - May (I think)
Winton - Aug
Easter Creek - Sept
Sandown - Nov

Should be good, we are trying to do 3 or 4 races this year.

Nev.
It'll be shame if we don't get to see them at Lakeside, always enjoyed seeing them on a track with real Group A&C history. Guess I'll be making the trip out to Morgan Park instead.
Old 11 Jan 2014, 08:37 (Ref:3352742)   #4078
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCR View Post
It'll be shame if we don't get to see them at Lakeside, always enjoyed seeing them on a track with real Group A&C history. Guess I'll be making the trip out to Morgan Park instead.
Whilst lakeside is historical, unfourtunateley, it never was upgraded in regards to safety, run off etc, and the current tennant has a short arm and long pocket.

A friend of mine races agroup N cortina, which goes a lot faster than the original production date of circa 1960's.

As much as lakeside is historical. It was great in the sixties , and is great today for field of 12, but 20-30 cars, producing xxxx horsepower, oops , kilonewtons or some metric ****, would be a punters dream of carnage on the track.

Tony longhurst proved that in an falcon by going of and not up the hill and came back on(straight across the infield)

Whislt it would be good racing, and seeing if the drivers could go easy on the loud pedal, they are racers and probably wouldnt back off, thus carnage.

Still a great little circuit for the right cars.
Old 11 Jan 2014, 10:52 (Ref:3352761)   #4079
TCR
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
It's certainly a track that demands respect, and I've seen plenty of carnage as a competitor and spectator since he 80's. I could understand if the Group A&C guys didn't want to risk their irreplaceable vehicles there.
Old 11 Jan 2014, 21:18 (Ref:3352907)   #4080
ART Racing
Rookie

Australia
Toowoomba, QLD
ART Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heritage Touring Cars - Lakeside

Its not a safety or car related thing - we raced there last year with only one car damaged which could happen anywhere. Its more that we have a set of core race meetings each year, and then vary the circuits the remainder are held at. It is Wintons' turn this year and something has to give. Unfortunately you can only support so many meetings per year without diluting the number of cars available.

I would note that despite the statements above, the Lakeside promoters were more generous to us as competitors last year than is generally the case. It was a very well run meeting by a group of staff who clearly had their focus on the racing, and having fun safely. I would go back there anytime.

John
Old 12 Jan 2014, 00:05 (Ref:3352945)   #4081
jd yort
Veteran

Australia
On An Island
jd yort should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
the current tennant has a short arm and long pocket.
Fomoco, you should have a read of this in regards to the above comment:
http://performanceforums.com/forums/...s-again/page17
Changed my opinion on what I had previously understood the situation was with Management up there.

Thread also echo's the dangers of Lakeside.
Old 12 Jan 2014, 01:09 (Ref:3352957)   #4082
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd yort View Post
Fomoco, you should have a read of this in regards to the above comment:
http://performanceforums.com/forums/...s-again/page17
Changed my opinion on what I had previously understood the situation was with Management up there.

Thread also echo's the dangers of Lakeside.
THey might have to race under restrictor plates, It is still one hell of a track, except if you make an error.

agree, cars can bounce of tyres
Old 12 Jan 2014, 23:50 (Ref:3353254)   #4083
TCR
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ART Racing View Post
Its not a safety or car related thing - we raced there last year with only one car damaged which could happen anywhere. Its more that we have a set of core race meetings each year, and then vary the circuits the remainder are held at. It is Wintons' turn this year and something has to give. Unfortunately you can only support so many meetings per year without diluting the number of cars available.

I would note that despite the statements above, the Lakeside promoters were more generous to us as competitors last year than is generally the case. It was a very well run meeting by a group of staff who clearly had their focus on the racing, and having fun safely. I would go back there anytime.

John
Yep, the sad fact is there are only so many genuine Group A&C car owners around that are still willing to race their cars, so having 4 or 5 rounds in a year makes sense. In saying that, I completely understand those that don't want to risk racing them.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the meeting at Lakeside, it always brings back good memories seeing the cars on this track. As long as there's always a meeting somewhere in QLD on the calendar I'll be a happy man.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 06:27 (Ref:3353298)   #4084
TCR
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Quote:
I heard a while back the 2014 program looks something like

Philip Island - Mar
Eastern Creek
Morgan Park - May (I think)
Winton - Aug
Easter Creek - Sept
Sandown - Nov

Should be good, we are trying to do 3 or 4 races this year.

Nev.
Just checked the Morgan Park calendar, and it has the Autumn Historics listed as April 5th & 6th. I assume this is the meeting that HTC will be attending?
Old 15 Jan 2014, 07:51 (Ref:3354152)   #4085
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Rob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jaguar XJS Group C?

Was reading Jaguar Magazine edition 74 page55. year late 1998.

Photo of a white XJS racing at Winton ,has the group C front spoiler,author claims its the ex John Goss car being raced by a Gilbert Smale....so did Goss sell the car then buy it back or is it another car perhaps the John Clinton Group A car with a different front spoiler?
Old 28 Jan 2014, 08:01 (Ref:3360926)   #4086
mbanddpl
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
mbanddpl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Paul's isn't an ex TWR car but may be sourcing TWR bits for it. It was a Patrick Motorsport/Martin Thomas (he of 1970's Camaro fame) built car for UK G1 as long ago as 1980 and then modified to GrA spec by Andy Rouse for Charles Sawyer-Hoare in 1983 then sold to Slako at the end of 1984 or early 1985.
Ive just discovered this thread and have got to page 60 so far, absolutely fantastic, as big fan of the Rover Vitesse, I would like to know what has happened to the Donnelly/Harrex & the Robinson/Jeffery Vitesse's

I am building a Vitesse for Improved Production but would much prefer to have a Grp A car to race in Historics. I have read elsewhere in Ten-Tenths that the Donnelly Rover is basically a shell and in Sydney somewhere. But the Robinson/Jeffery car seems to have vanished off the face of the earth.

Any info would be great
Ant
Old 29 Jan 2014, 03:03 (Ref:3361381)   #4087
htc
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
htc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Heritage Touring Car (Group C & A) website now has the 2014 Calendar up

Round 1 Phillip Island March 7-9

Round 2 Sydney Motor Park May 3-4

Round 3 Morgan Park (Warwick) July 12-13

Round 4 Muscle Car Masters September 6-7

Round 5 Sandown November 8-9
Old 3 Feb 2014, 05:56 (Ref:3363495)   #4088
bent65
Rookie

Australia
Central Coast
bent65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbanddpl View Post
Ive just discovered this thread and have got to page 60 so far, absolutely fantastic, as big fan of the Rover Vitesse, I would like to know what has happened to the Donnelly/Harrex & the Robinson/Jeffery Vitesse's

I am building a Vitesse for Improved Production but would much prefer to have a Grp A car to race in Historics. I have read elsewhere in Ten-Tenths that the Donnelly Rover is basically a shell and in Sydney somewhere. But the Robinson/Jeffery car seems to have vanished off the face of the earth.

Any info would be great
Ant
The guy involved with Haltech some years back either had or was involved with a group A Vitesse from memory
Old 4 Feb 2014, 20:54 (Ref:3364191)   #4089
HeritageTouringCars
Rookie

HeritageTouringCars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by htc View Post
The 2014 Heritage Touring Cars (Group C & A) Series is as follows:

Round 1 Phillip Island Classic - PI March 7-9 (3 day event)

Round 2 Sydney Retro Speedfest - SMP May 3-4

Round 3 Historic Queensland - Morgan Park (Warwick) July 12-13

Round 4 Muscle Car Masters - SMP September 6-7

Round 5 Historic Sandown - Sandown November 8-9
We shall also host a special round at the Winton Festival of Speed on 9-10 August
Old 10 Feb 2014, 22:46 (Ref:3366674)   #4090
mite5255
Racer

Australia
Caboolture Queensland
mite5255 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dick's True Blu falcon will be at Lakside today

http://www.bowdensown.com.au/DJR-Lak...TruBlu-Awesome
Old 11 Feb 2014, 09:30 (Ref:3366801)   #4091
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Rob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mite5255 View Post
Dick's True Blu falcon will be at Lakside today

http://www.bowdensown.com.au/DJR-Lak...TruBlu-Awesome
i don't understand it,all those cars and non are raced,whats the point.
Old 11 Feb 2014, 09:48 (Ref:3366814)   #4092
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Bailey View Post
Waiting for a serious offer to show up..

Might be a better investment than a trawler
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 11 Feb 2014, 11:02 (Ref:3366846)   #4093
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Waiting for a serious offer to show up..

Might be a better investment than a trawler
depends on what your trawler's cargo is.
Old 11 Feb 2014, 11:08 (Ref:3366848)   #4094
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Schapelle?
Old 11 Feb 2014, 11:43 (Ref:3366861)   #4095
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Hope your not doing a Schapelle. Sorry couldn't help it.
Old 11 Feb 2014, 22:00 (Ref:3367082)   #4096
Carter-Nelson
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne - Australia
Carter-Nelson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Your right Rob, some really nice cars and many in original configuration. It would be great to see them out there racing not just parade laps.

Chris did bring out one of the RX7's but biffed it at Morgan Park a few years ago.

When are we going to see you out there again? Are you coming to PI? If so it would be good to see you....
Old 11 Feb 2014, 22:50 (Ref:3367107)   #4097
TCR
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
They recently purchased an ex JTCC RS500 that Chris raced at MCM last year and has also entered at PI as far as I know.

Old 12 Feb 2014, 05:35 (Ref:3367204)   #4098
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Quote:
Your right Rob, some really nice cars and many in original configuration. It would be great to see them out there racing not just parade laps.

Chris did bring out one of the RX7's but biffed it at Morgan Park a few years ago.

When are we going to see you out there again? Are you coming to PI? If so it would be good to see you....
Hi Nev,and I'm not knocking them,wonderful collection and there for many to enjoy and see,full marks to the 3x Bs.
for me its a shame that there not raced as is say Big Pete's old car or the TWR Jaguar.
With the NC rules regarding say the Moffat 'Stang and the freedoms to period race cars,with a good pilot on board that car would never get passed,ie 10 inch rims,tyres and the 4 wheel dis'c brakes.

me ...no interest in racing,they burn't me with the little Carrera in SC ,i don't even go to watch....no interest,I've got some nice road cars and i enjoy them,having said that,with the current laws in VIC...An ocean going trawler is where I'm heading...the pacific awaits....me.
Old 12 Feb 2014, 08:07 (Ref:3367230)   #4099
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
me ...no interest in racing,they burn't me with the little Carrera in SC ,i don't even go to watch....no interest,I've got some nice road cars and i enjoy them,having said that,with the current laws in VIC...An ocean going trawler is where I'm heading...the pacific awaits....me.
C'monnnnn, what about joining Scud in the dropped egg national series?
Old 12 Feb 2014, 08:52 (Ref:3367250)   #4100
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Veggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
C'monnnnn, what about joining Scud in the dropped egg national series?
WOFTAM,but....at least on the track you can enjoy the cars to there fullest ...unlike the clowns who do Latte runs in them.....now that i don't understand...300kph on todays roads LOL.