Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 29 Feb 2020, 13:04 (Ref:3960598)   #4176
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I don’t think he’s been officially banned, just blacklisted, so teams will think twice before taking him
Especially an established team like Motorbase
Old 29 Feb 2020, 13:14 (Ref:3960600)   #4177
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The article on him parting with Team Dynamics on the official BTCC homepage stated that the championship administrators would not accept any future entry in connection with Andy Neate. Whilst this was later redacted from the official site, the fact that he is no longer welcome to race in the BTCC did not.

To quote what was originally on the webpage:

The TOCA statement said: "The Administrator has agreed to the withdrawal from the remainder of the 2016 Championship of Car Number 57 (Andy Neate, Halfords Yuasa Racing) and has subsequently recalled the loan TBL associated with that entry. "The loaned TBL shall be re-allocated from the Thruxton meeting, to another team/entry for the rest of the season - details of which will be announced in due course. "The administrator hereby advises he will no longer accept any entry associated with Andy Neate."
Old 29 Feb 2020, 13:35 (Ref:3960603)   #4178
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
The article on him parting with Team Dynamics on the official BTCC homepage stated that the championship administrators would not accept any future entry in connection with Andy Neate. Whilst this was later redacted from the official site, the fact that he is no longer welcome to race in the BTCC did not.

To quote what was originally on the webpage:

The TOCA statement said: "The Administrator has agreed to the withdrawal from the remainder of the 2016 Championship of Car Number 57 (Andy Neate, Halfords Yuasa Racing) and has subsequently recalled the loan TBL associated with that entry. "The loaned TBL shall be re-allocated from the Thruxton meeting, to another team/entry for the rest of the season - details of which will be announced in due course. "The administrator hereby advises he will no longer accept any entry associated with Andy Neate."
Was the 'no longer accept' statement for the season, or indefinite?
Old 29 Feb 2020, 13:36 (Ref:3960604)   #4179
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinger6 View Post
On another note - does anybody have any idea why Paul O'Neill has seemingly been dropped from the Saturday coverage and social media duties? His twitter has said he will be doing Sunday's only?
I thought the Saturday social's were quite good.
ITV only ever employed Paul on the Sunday (apart from a couple of occasions when Tim Harvey was away).

The Facebook stuff he did on Saturdays he was working for TOCA. They have obviously decided to do something different with social media - maybe less aligned with ITV?
Old 29 Feb 2020, 13:41 (Ref:3960605)   #4180
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Was the 'no longer accept' statement for the season, or indefinite?
Most people's interpretation at the time was until stated otherwise, which obviously hasn't happened yet.
Old 29 Feb 2020, 13:49 (Ref:3960606)   #4181
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Most people's interpretation at the time was until stated otherwise, which obviously hasn't happened yet.
I appreciate that that is how most people interpreted what was said, but I don't recall it being confirmed as a permanent notice.
Old 29 Feb 2020, 14:07 (Ref:3960609)   #4182
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Quote:
I appreciate that that is how most people interpreted what was said, but I don't recall it being confirmed as a permanent notice.
It should be a permanent notice. Bloke is an idiot. Liability on a racetrack.
Old 29 Feb 2020, 14:53 (Ref:3960617)   #4183
thetool
Veteran

It's a matter of public record that he never paid his bills for tyres from Dunlop.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...pdf&download=0
Old 29 Feb 2020, 15:07 (Ref:3960620)   #4184
IdealLine
Rookie

IdealLine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
This is either a sarcastic post, or you are outside the UK?
I'm from outside the UK, in Europe. I can watch racing from the other side of the world easily but there is no way to follow BTCC (live). It's a bit of a shame really. Guess I'll stick with TCR for now
Old 29 Feb 2020, 15:08 (Ref:3960621)   #4185
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Hear me out on this.

James Courtney is mates with Mark Webber. Mark Webber's wife's ex-husband was friends and teammates with David Bartrum. James Courtney's car had Coca-Cola sponsorship on it the other week until the Boost Mobile deal.
That would be one heck an addition to the grid. I am expecting big big driver. Well I know so, but not who.
Old 29 Feb 2020, 15:19 (Ref:3960623)   #4186
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
It's a matter of public record that he never paid his bills for tyres from Dunlop.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...pdf&download=0
That relates to the legal entity of IP Tech, not the individual A.Neate.

It's a bit of a legal minefield to permanently exclude a private individual as a result of a Ltd. Company court case.

If I were a betting man, I'd think that Mr Neate himself, as an individual who hasn't personally breached a legal agreement with TOCA (AFAIK), is not subject to a permanent exclusion that is legally robust.
Old 29 Feb 2020, 15:23 (Ref:3960626)   #4187
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealLine View Post
I'm from outside the UK, in Europe. I can watch racing from the other side of the world easily but there is no way to follow BTCC (live). It's a bit of a shame really. Guess I'll stick with TCR for now
I understand where you are coming from (having lived outside the UK previously), but I think the clue is in the 'B' of BTCC.

As a national championship, every round is broadcast in full on FTA media as part of a 6hr+ broadcast.
Qualifying is broadcast live online.
All races are available online in full a few days after the event.
A highlights package is on terrestrial broadcast a few days after each event.

For the target audience, I've never been aware of another national series that receives as good a coverage in it's home country.
Old 29 Feb 2020, 15:24 (Ref:3960627)   #4188
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't you think that switch to BTCC would be a degradation for Courtney? And I can't see him moving to the UK from far Australia... especially given Boost is not present in Europe, unless I'm wrong.
Old 29 Feb 2020, 15:26 (Ref:3960629)   #4189
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Not really, if he wants to race in the series, that’s his choice. I don’t think many drivers care if people think they are taking a step down to whatever series
Old 29 Feb 2020, 15:30 (Ref:3960631)   #4190
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, of course he doesn't care what people think. But more important is what he thinks and I can imagine BTCC might not satisfy his needs. Although I'm only guessing, I haven't talked to him!
Old 29 Feb 2020, 15:37 (Ref:3960632)   #4191
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I understand where you are coming from (having lived outside the UK previously), but I think the clue is in the 'B' of BTCC.

As a national championship, every round is broadcast in full on FTA media as part of a 6hr+ broadcast.

For the target audience, I've never been aware of another national series that receives as good a coverage in it's home country.
I am surprised that ITV/TOCA haven't sought to make more money by setting up some European/World broadcast deals tbh - maybe the demand just isn't there.
Old 29 Feb 2020, 15:56 (Ref:3960637)   #4192
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
And I can't see him moving to the UK from far Australia...
He's done it before.....
Old 29 Feb 2020, 16:00 (Ref:3960639)   #4193
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
He’s a professional paid driver. Don’t think there’s actually any of them in the BTCC.

Plato is closest but he generates the income rather than just being paid it to drive.
Old 29 Feb 2020, 16:22 (Ref:3960645)   #4194
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
He’s a professional paid driver. Don’t think there’s any of them in the BTCC

colin turkington
andrew jordan (this year)
dan cammish
tom ingram
ash sutton

plus plenty more like plato that take a salary from the sponsors they bring to the team
Old 29 Feb 2020, 16:32 (Ref:3960647)   #4195
Matt K
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
He's done it before.....
before is a key word here.....
Old 29 Feb 2020, 16:49 (Ref:3960648)   #4196
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
ash sutton
who pays Sutton ?
Old 29 Feb 2020, 16:50 (Ref:3960649)   #4197
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
in other news Hill seems very exited after driing thee Civic
Old 29 Feb 2020, 17:32 (Ref:3960652)   #4198
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
who pays Sutton ?
Adrian Flux last year + a car paid for by Subaru that I know of.

We're not talking mega bucks but we're not talking McJob either.
Old 29 Feb 2020, 17:52 (Ref:3960656)   #4199
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

I am pretty sure it is transmitted to many overseas markets - it certainly was in Supertouring days when I was growing up in Hong Kong
Old 29 Feb 2020, 18:29 (Ref:3960658)   #4200
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
And it was shown in Sweden thanks to the Rydell effect