Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 20 Aug 2021, 07:24 (Ref:4068016)   #401
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I get that impression too. Merriman is patently out of his depth. Isn't that two years in a row that he's not made the race?
Old 20 Aug 2021, 07:32 (Ref:4068018)   #402
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
greenmachinets040 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
The car that gets to the end of 24 hours in the lead….. There is no ‘divine right’ or ‘we deserve to win’ at Le Mans.
I know. But the man has to do all he can to be prepared.
Old 20 Aug 2021, 07:37 (Ref:4068019)   #403
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmachinets040 View Post
I know. But the man has to do all he can to be prepared.
Of course, but your implication was that the best prepared team/car deserves to win....

I expect both Toyotas to run to a strict pace throughout the race avoiding any scrapping at the start with Alpine and the Glicks (and any hotshoes in LMP2). As we've said since Audi and Porsche absconded, it's Toyota's race to lose....

Last edited by Aysedasi; 20 Aug 2021 at 07:44.
Old 20 Aug 2021, 07:53 (Ref:4068020)   #404
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
Quote:
Of course, but your implication was that the best prepared team/car deserves to win....

I did not extract myself in a proper way. I meant that the team who sacrifices the more during the preparations has the biggest chance to win.

I expect both Toyotas to run to a strict pace throughout the race avoiding any scrapping at the start with Alpine and the Glicks (and any hotshoes in LMP2). As we've said since Audi and Porsche absconded, it's Toyota's race to lose....
My meteo app shows showers at 16:00 (the cold front should come in at that time of day)so the start could be tricky.
Old 20 Aug 2021, 07:58 (Ref:4068021)   #405
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, I'd heard that thunderstorms were predicted around the start of the race.
Old 20 Aug 2021, 08:14 (Ref:4068023)   #406
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Please no safety car start
Old 20 Aug 2021, 08:18 (Ref:4068024)   #407
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Please no safety car start
Oh absolutely, that was so disappointing a few years back and the SC was left out for far far too long.
Old 20 Aug 2021, 08:18 (Ref:4068025)   #408
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Been trying to read between the lines on this. I think Merriman wanted no part of it. Just my take.
It is an odd statement. Going on about low downforce (standard at LM), hard tyres (same for everyone) and BoP (which doesn't exist in LMP2) .

Similar situation last year or year before (?) when a wayward Am Porsche withdrew during the race after a couple of trouser ruining moments?
Old 20 Aug 2021, 08:20 (Ref:4068026)   #409
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
Oh absolutely, that was so disappointing a few years back and the SC was left out for far far too long.
Oh yes, sitting in the drizzle at Indianapolus watching a parade forever. Remember it well.
Old 20 Aug 2021, 08:21 (Ref:4068028)   #410
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
At least I was in T17 (mostly) under cover.....
Old 20 Aug 2021, 08:26 (Ref:4068029)   #411
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
It is an odd statement. Going on about low downforce (standard at LM), hard tyres (same for everyone) and BoP (which doesn't exist in LMP2) .

Similar situation last year or year before (?) when a wayward Am Porsche withdrew during the race after a couple of trouser ruining moments?
Yeah, I remember that. Japanese chap wasn't it? Got in everyone's way and nearly caused several accidents and then basically said I'm not driving any more....
Old 20 Aug 2021, 08:31 (Ref:4068031)   #412
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Starting drivers are posted:

http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/Res...%20drivers.pdf

De Vreis in the #26

Conway and Buemi in Toyota
Lapierre in the Alpine
Pla and Westbrook in the Glickenhaus
And Albuquerque in the #22 instead of Hanson. As suspected, they're going to try to get out of the midfield as quickly as possible.

Quote:
Yeah, I remember that. Japanese chap wasn't it? Got in everyone's way and nearly caused several accidents and then basically said I'm not driving any more....
I was going to say Satoshi Hoshino, but he's actually good, and it was the other Proton car that was withdrawn that year (2019) because Krohn binned it and Long/Jonsson didn't want to drive in GTE-Pro as a duo.

Last edited by J Jay; 20 Aug 2021 at 08:42.
Old 20 Aug 2021, 09:45 (Ref:4068033)   #413
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://youtu.be/38EfVXXTbZA

Hope okay to put in here. Onboard of the Bentley Speed 8 competing in the Endurance Legends races.
Old 20 Aug 2021, 09:48 (Ref:4068036)   #414
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
#7 on pole. Can they finally be lucky #7 after the disappointment of the last few Le Mans
Old 20 Aug 2021, 09:54 (Ref:4068038)   #415
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Yes, I'd heard that thunderstorms were predicted around the start of the race.
We can keep our eyes on the approaching storms => https://www.lightningmaps.org
Old 20 Aug 2021, 09:56 (Ref:4068039)   #416
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
From the East, or West or both.....?
Old 20 Aug 2021, 10:07 (Ref:4068040)   #417
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Probably the best weather system / radar I know;
https://www.ventusky.com/?p=46.4;4.9...=20210822/0000
Old 20 Aug 2021, 10:34 (Ref:4068046)   #418
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pretty amazing to me that Darren Turner set a 3:52.8 in the DBR9 in the Endurance Racing Legends qualifying session and in the 2007 LM24 qualifying GT1 pole was (The car entered is listed as a 2007) 3:50.7. Not bad for a "historic car".
Old 20 Aug 2021, 10:50 (Ref:4068049)   #419
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Probably the best weather system / radar I know;
https://www.ventusky.com/?p=46.4;4.9...=20210822/0000
Thanks!
Old 20 Aug 2021, 10:51 (Ref:4068050)   #420
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
Quote:
If I can recall correctly, the last damp/safety car start in LM was in 2013..
Old 20 Aug 2021, 11:09 (Ref:4068053)   #421
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmachinets040 View Post
If I can recall correctly, the last damp/safety car start in LM was in 2013..
It was 2016
Old 20 Aug 2021, 11:42 (Ref:4068058)   #422
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Can't be in France but woke up with the house smelling like a nice bakery. Also the reason I'll be busy for the start and finish of the race.

Sadly none will be saved for me so donuts this morning.
Old 20 Aug 2021, 12:00 (Ref:4068060)   #423
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
It was 2016
I can only go back to 1986, but I don't remember another one....
Old 20 Aug 2021, 12:13 (Ref:4068064)   #424
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I can only go back to 1986, but I don't remember another one....
There certainly wasn't in 1980, when the race started in a downpour. The photo of the start in the paper showed the lead car clearly and the rest of the field were hidden in spray. In those days they just got on with it.
Old 20 Aug 2021, 12:23 (Ref:4068066)   #425
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Pretty amazing to me that Darren Turner set a 3:52.8 in the DBR9 in the Endurance Racing Legends qualifying session and in the 2007 LM24 qualifying GT1 pole was (The car entered is listed as a 2007) 3:50.7. Not bad for a "historic car".
That is properly quick, and it makes me wonder how similar the tires are to what was used in period. Do they have a similar compound? Or is he working with something more modern?