Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 1 Sep 2008, 21:31 (Ref:2279749)   #401
anthonyvop
Rookie

United States
Miami, Florida
anthonyvop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbert82
This is their third year in the ALMS, and their second year with Acura. Last year they ran a blue/silver car with Takata and Forbes sponsorship.
Sorry,
I watched the IRL race and I guess I had a brain cramp.
Old 1 Sep 2008, 21:51 (Ref:2279762)   #402
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by extramundane
I believe de Ferran has mostly outclassed AGR as well, especially when you consider that, 6 months ago, de Ferran Motorsports didn't exist. AGR's driver choices, until very recently, ranged from curious (Marco) to mindboggling (Fittipaldi), and it seems clear that the P2 program has very much been on their back burner this year. De Ferran, on the other hand, has been consistently fast, and has been a victim more of bad luck than bad decisions.
I don't completely disagree, but for all of AGR's problems, points wise, they have been competitive. Since de Ferren entered ALMS, de Ferren 40 points and AGR 55! Even is you discard AGR's last win, de Ferren would be only 5 points ahead. While AGR certainly could have done better, they have done fairly well and consistently scored points.

DK
Old 2 Sep 2008, 19:42 (Ref:2280317)   #403
mattcat
Veteran

United States
West Palm Beach, FL
mattcat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any word on whether or not the ARX-02a will be a coupe?
Old 2 Sep 2008, 19:48 (Ref:2280324)   #404
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcat
Any word on whether or not the ARX-02a will be a coupe?
No.
Old 5 Sep 2008, 07:56 (Ref:2282078)   #405
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
"Autosport print edn. reporting Acura LMP1 to shakedown November & testing in US in December"

from mariantic.co.uk/lmp
Old 5 Sep 2008, 08:58 (Ref:2282116)   #406
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Super update, thank you
Old 5 Sep 2008, 09:35 (Ref:2282135)   #407
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
By shakedown , I presume it will take place in GB , as that is where Wirth is based ?
Old 5 Sep 2008, 16:10 (Ref:2282384)   #408
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
By shakedown , I presume it will take place in GB , as that is where Wirth is based ?
Well, not necessarily. The first glimpse of the ARX-01a was on a dark rainy night from Florida, iirc, it was from Homestead.

L.P.
Old 5 Sep 2008, 17:30 (Ref:2282417)   #409
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Has to be a Coupe, surely.

Peugeot are so far ahead of the experienced Audi squad, you have to conclude the Coupe route is the way to go.
Old 5 Sep 2008, 18:47 (Ref:2282463)   #410
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
Has to be a Coupe, surely.

Peugeot are so far ahead of the experienced Audi squad, you have to conclude the Coupe route is the way to go.
Hmm or the R10 is just old!?.
somewhere i just thing there and hope there is room for the Spyders!
Old 5 Sep 2008, 19:03 (Ref:2282468)   #411
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
I would not hold my breath for an open R15...
Old 5 Sep 2008, 20:26 (Ref:2282520)   #412
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
Well, not necessarily. The first glimpse of the ARX-01a was on a dark rainy night from Florida, iirc, it was from Homestead.

L.P.
Ya, it was Homestead. http://videos.streetfire.net/video/A...-new_85731.htm

L.P.
Old 5 Sep 2008, 20:30 (Ref:2282522)   #413
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Fantastic weather, and ofcourse in the dark of night!
Old 6 Sep 2008, 23:41 (Ref:2283102)   #414
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Maybe we will see an Acura ARX-01b(c) or 2 in the LMS next year? link

L.P.
Old 7 Sep 2008, 01:26 (Ref:2283122)   #415
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
Maybe we will see an Acura ARX-01b(c) or 2 in the LMS next year? link

L.P.
I'd rather see whole packages sold than engines.
Old 7 Sep 2008, 01:33 (Ref:2283124)   #416
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah me too but would they be badged Acura? Because Acura isn't well known in Europe compared to the US.
Old 7 Sep 2008, 04:46 (Ref:2283154)   #417
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslak Vind
I would not hold my breath for an open R15...
I would, since wasn't Audi one of the driving forces behind the dropping of the exclusively coupe "EVO" rules? Just may be me, but sounded like everyone at Audi was big on spyders; but you do seem to have the inside track on alot of Audi info.
Old 7 Sep 2008, 05:15 (Ref:2283157)   #418
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07
Yeah me too but would they be badged Acura? Because Acura isn't well known in Europe compared to the US.
Acura is going to be launched on the Continent in the near future, and it is an Acura project, not Honda. I would think it would continue as an Acura and viewed as a preparatory campaign for the eventual launch of Acura in Europe.

L.P.
Old 7 Sep 2008, 10:09 (Ref:2283242)   #419
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07
Are Judd and AER well known in Europe? No they aren't. So I don't see the problem. Besides that Acura will be launced in Europe in near future.
Old 7 Sep 2008, 12:30 (Ref:2283297)   #420
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD
Hmm or the R10 is just old!?.
somewhere i just thing there and hope there is room for the Spyders!
I'm not so sure, reading about the DOME in Racecar Engineering, they say you can place the driver much lower, due to a lower front rollover structure, the rear rollover structure is also lower. In addition you can control the air better with a coupe body.

It's not totally clear in the article, but DOME seemed to believe an optomised Coupe could make up for the open R10's '140bhp' power advantage.
Old 7 Sep 2008, 15:40 (Ref:2283432)   #421
SebringMG
Veteran

United Kingdom
SebringMG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reading between the lines Dome have just been more imaginative with the rules than anyone else tbh......
Old 7 Sep 2008, 15:41 (Ref:2283433)   #422
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And this would be strictly a customer program. Acura would provide no factory support to teams. The cars would be sold to the teams. Erik didn't mention if the aim for this is 2009, but it could very well be. We will have to wait and see..
Old 7 Sep 2008, 19:12 (Ref:2283872)   #423
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Are Judd and AER well known in Europe? No they aren't. So I don't see the problem. Besides that Acura will be launced in Europe in near future.
you what?....Judd and AER are extreemly well known in Europe as top line engine outfits.....quite what makes you think otherwise is beyond me.

anyway, that test footage sounds interesting, apart from not being able to tell if its an open or closed chassis, you could certainly tell something about the engine........now that sounds like the bark of a flat-plane crankshaft V8.....so my guess is its something like a 4.0 to 5.0 V8, more than likley supplied by Ilmor...........so my educated guess is its probably an enlarged version of the current LMP2 unit, which started off life as a 3.5L IRL engine, as previously admitted by acura.......

in which case, surely Acura-Wirth know they will immediatley be at quite some power & torque defecit to Audi, which makes me think Acure will soon announce their new LMP1 also features KERS technology which will help bridge the engine performance gap to Audi.

Honda have just launched their first Hybrid and I dare say they are itching to let one loose in the US race scene.
Old 7 Sep 2008, 19:40 (Ref:2283908)   #424
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty
you what?....Judd and AER are extreemly well known in Europe as top line engine outfits.....quite what makes you think otherwise is beyond me.
For the general European public Acura, Judd and AER aren't wel known.
Old 7 Sep 2008, 22:18 (Ref:2284119)   #425
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Apples and oranges. Judd and AER's purpose is selling race engines. Acura's purpose is selling road cars and they race for marketing reasons.

Of course, that doesn't mean they wouldn't sell their race cars and engines if they could make money from it