Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 2 Jun 2010, 15:23 (Ref:2703264)   #401
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
A couple angles on the art car I just found.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/bmw-unve...d-art-car.html

I LOVE it man! Stunning livery if you ask me. Worthy of the BMW artcar legacy. (I've seen less impressive examples...)
Old 2 Jun 2010, 15:28 (Ref:2703268)   #402
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Question is: by what time in the race do you think half of the stripes will no longer be visible due to race dirt?
Old 2 Jun 2010, 15:49 (Ref:2703284)   #403
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Question is: by what time in the race do you think half of the stripes will no longer be visible due to race dirt?
It will depend on the weather.
Old 2 Jun 2010, 15:50 (Ref:2703286)   #404
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
I think it'll 'age' quite well during the race. I remember Porsches livery on their 911-98 GT1 cars,a very subtle and fragile looking design with fine bleu lines,but this blended very well with the dirt on the cars during the second half of the race.
Old 2 Jun 2010, 15:50 (Ref:2703289)   #405
Trussers
Rookie

Trussers should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrussers should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrussers should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Won't necessarily be too bad... no carbon brakes in GT2, and according to Ayse, it won't be raining, so you never know. It certainly has got more people talking about BMW than are talking about Corvette, though, so in terms of PR, it has been a success, so far.
Old 2 Jun 2010, 15:58 (Ref:2703294)   #406
hoppelemine
Racer

England
Dorset, UK
hoppelemine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the BMW art car looks superb from the pics I've seen. 'It looks fast standing still' to quote a common phrase. Not seen any shots of it on a racetrack though. That'll be time to make a final judgment.
Old 2 Jun 2010, 18:35 (Ref:2703367)   #407
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trussers View Post
....according to Ayse, it won't be raining, so you never know.

Quite right! The team need to be worried about the colours fading in the blistering sunshine!!
Old 2 Jun 2010, 20:04 (Ref:2703420)   #408
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The car looks very nice. A very unique looking car, but as mentioned by someone else, I want to see how it looks out on the track racing down Mulsanne!
Old 2 Jun 2010, 20:05 (Ref:2703421)   #409
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Well, I hope it looks better in the flesh, so to speak as that does nothing for me..... I remember my kids producing results like that when they were in primary school......
And at home, feeling woozy, sick in bed.

L.P.
Old 2 Jun 2010, 20:06 (Ref:2703423)   #410
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
Does anyone know where to find allocation maps of the campsites?
We're somewhere at Houx annexe but I'd like to know where exactly.
I'd be interested in this for Houx too, but I was told that due to stadium works this year the Annexe was only for workers - clearly someone bent the truth on this one for me.

@ GT4 - we're leaving Thursday am about 6 ish Dover to Calais (a day earlier than normal!!! ) One day we might get to say "hi"!
Old 2 Jun 2010, 20:09 (Ref:2703424)   #411
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm almost ashamed to admit it (being an M3 n'all) that having had another look at all the photos, it's just beginning to grow on me a tad.... I'm thinking of my photos at night out at Tertre Rouge - could actually look quite good - light streaks with a lot less effort than usual!
Old 2 Jun 2010, 20:44 (Ref:2703448)   #412
Number7
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Number7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was just looking at my photographs from last year. At the start McNish is in front of the peugeot, when they turn into the straight, and on the tv footage I have seen that he actualle hits the brake sometime before crossing the start line. When is overtaking allowed? When the safety car disappears? When the first car crosses the startline? When you cross the startline yourself?
Old 2 Jun 2010, 20:46 (Ref:2703449)   #413
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Well there was no penalty for that in the end, so... either there isn't a definite rule for it, or they're racing as soon as the pace car pulls off.
Old 2 Jun 2010, 21:20 (Ref:2703468)   #414
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Must be after the startline as the race doesn't actually start until then, surely?
Old 3 Jun 2010, 08:55 (Ref:2703701)   #415
Hursty
Rookie

Hursty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another step closer next week as my Virgin V+ box now shows I can record qualifying next Thursday on Eurosport!

Mike.
Old 3 Jun 2010, 10:38 (Ref:2703760)   #416
rasmusmarin
Rookie

rasmusmarin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pit allocations....

http://www.lemans.org/wpphpFichiers/...u_26_05_10.pdf
Old 3 Jun 2010, 11:01 (Ref:2703774)   #417
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'm almost ashamed to admit it (being an M3 n'all) that having had another look at all the photos, it's just beginning to grow on me a tad.... I'm thinking of my photos at night out at Tertre Rouge - could actually look quite good - light streaks with a lot less effort than usual!
I love it, looks fabulous!

I'm actually very excited to see BMW back at Le Mans. Most looking forward to seeing the BMW's, the Highcroft and Strakka HPD's and the Norma this year.
Old 3 Jun 2010, 14:07 (Ref:2703856)   #418
Hursty
Rookie

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2010...-car-in-paris/
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nceAsia_01.jpg

Interesting to see the BMW (top) and last years 'art style' Porsche below. I think both look cracking and cant wait to see the car next week in the flesh or carbon or....
Mike.

Last edited by Hursty; 3 Jun 2010 at 14:19. Reason: BMW picture update
Old 3 Jun 2010, 14:09 (Ref:2703858)   #419
Hursty
Rookie

Oh, apologies if this is mentioned elsewhere, but the Le Mans 2010 Autosport Guide is out today. Great for a bit of trivia and as a quick reference guide. And none too bulky at 44 pages!
Mike.

Last edited by Hursty; 3 Jun 2010 at 14:20.
Old 3 Jun 2010, 17:21 (Ref:2703970)   #420
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Got mine, out of habit more than anything else. I still struggle to raise the enthusiasm to read it in it's current format. I will of course.....
Old 3 Jun 2010, 23:52 (Ref:2704244)   #421
tlongman
Racer

United States
New Jersey
tlongman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't Highcroft supposed to be running a different livery for Le Mans this year as they can't advertise liquor? Any ideas as to what that might look like?
Old 4 Jun 2010, 00:23 (Ref:2704250)   #422
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlongman View Post
Isn't Highcroft supposed to be running a different livery for Le Mans this year as they can't advertise liquor? Any ideas as to what that might look like?

All liqour related verbage will be off the car and 'Malaria No More' verbage will replace it!

Here

L.P.
Old 4 Jun 2010, 04:16 (Ref:2704287)   #423
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does France have some sort of ban on liquor advertising in this instance?
Old 4 Jun 2010, 04:45 (Ref:2704290)   #424
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimo View Post
Does France have some sort of ban on liquor advertising in this instance?
All of Europe if I remember correctly.
Old 4 Jun 2010, 07:40 (Ref:2704340)   #425
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They should have done what the whisky (like I'm going to attempt to spell their name at this time of the morning) sponsor for the Radical need, just claim to be 'spring water'.

I'm not a spirits drinker so don't know, can you even get Patron in Europe?