Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
especially a single bike outfit.
Old 15 Nov 2007, 08:16 (Ref:2067804)   #402
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
pity LCR didnt have a crack with dunlops...
Old 19 Nov 2007, 12:29 (Ref:2070799)   #403
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A bit on lower classes...

In 125cc, KTM sends real challenge to Aprilia, having now many teams. So I think it's very likely that at least one of them is always in the contention, which should help in constructor's battle. Riders like Rabat, de Rosa and Zanetti are additions to KTM lineup. Trio from last year continues as well.

Talmacsi and Gadea stay with Aspar, while Pere Tutusaus replaces Faubel who moved to 250cc. Bradley Smith takes Pasini's spot in Polaris World. Derbi factory riders are Olive and Espargaro.

250cc loses top three, but gets Pasini, Faubel and Pesek who won a total of 11 races last year in 125cc. KTM expands here too, as Simon returns to Austrian make. Only three Hondas on the entry list now, but Aprilia lineup is again very strong. Aspar has Bautista and Faubel, Emmi Caffe Latte Lüthi and Pesek, Team Toth Barbera and Fortuna team Espargaro and Debon. Polaris World competes in this class too, with Pasini.
Old 19 Nov 2007, 15:02 (Ref:2070885)   #404
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleu
A bit on lower classes...

In 125cc, KTM sends real challenge to Aprilia, having now many teams. So I think it's very likely that at least one of them is always in the contention, which should help in constructor's battle. Riders like Rabat, de Rosa and Zanetti are additions to KTM lineup. Trio from last year continues as well.

Talmacsi and Gadea stay with Aspar, while Pere Tutusaus replaces Faubel who moved to 250cc. Bradley Smith takes Pasini's spot in Polaris World. Derbi factory riders are Olive and Espargaro.

250cc loses top three, but gets Pasini, Faubel and Pesek who won a total of 11 races last year in 125cc. KTM expands here too, as Simon returns to Austrian make. Only three Hondas on the entry list now, but Aprilia lineup is again very strong. Aspar has Bautista and Faubel, Emmi Caffe Latte Lüthi and Pesek, Team Toth Barbera and Fortuna team Espargaro and Debon. Polaris World competes in this class too, with Pasini.
Also, The Poggs will make his come back with Campetella Racing as a team mate to Fabrizio Lai

http://62.149.227.206/campetella_new...tt.php?id=1580
Old 20 Nov 2007, 02:18 (Ref:2071379)   #405
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Fantastic! Now I will have someone to cheer at! (In Lagrange's we don't have racing riders.)
Old 20 Nov 2007, 03:54 (Ref:2071408)   #406
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope he has managed to get whatever gremlins he had out of his system.
He was a phenomenal rider at his best before diving head first into mediocrity.
It would good to see Poggy 1.0 reinstalled.
Old 7 Dec 2007, 08:47 (Ref:2083417)   #407
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
According to the Italian motociclismo Ducati will not provide engines to KR Roberts in 2008.

If KR don't compete in 2008, there will be 18 riders on the grid .
Old 7 Dec 2007, 16:05 (Ref:2083722)   #408
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well that sucks!

What about a customer program with Suzuki?
Old 7 Dec 2007, 23:26 (Ref:2084019)   #409
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Gerben, jhansen, you are heroes. Trying to post here in these low weeks of off-season, in the cold December (cold in the "proper" hemisphere, that is) is a meritorious task.

My vote for a medal or something.

PS: It may be a joke, but it is not totally a joke.
Old 7 Dec 2007, 23:37 (Ref:2084024)   #410
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That does suck. Poor Kenny.

Maybe he should just give up and get customer bikes again....
Old 8 Dec 2007, 05:19 (Ref:2084125)   #411
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
get customer bikes from Suzuki and put Spies on one i'm sure that would keep Suzuki happy.
Old 8 Dec 2007, 11:05 (Ref:2084239)   #412
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes its so easy!!
Old 8 Dec 2007, 12:31 (Ref:2084269)   #413
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
i know it would be hard but that would be the ideal thing to happen.
Old 8 Dec 2007, 12:35 (Ref:2084273)   #414
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Think Ben isnt really interested to be honest, he hasnt showed much willingness to travel, let the boy rot in dollar bills in teh US for me.

If he wanted it bad enough Suzuki would ahve made room for him, everyone knows that!
Old 8 Dec 2007, 20:02 (Ref:2084505)   #415
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder
Think Ben isnt really interested to be honest, he hasnt showed much willingness to travel, let the boy rot in dollar bills in teh US for me.

If he wanted it bad enough Suzuki would ahve made room for him, everyone knows that!
Wrong. He went to Japan and then Sepang where his test was rained out. He was also at Valencia for the season ending race where he tested the bike. He's already announced that he's over his flying issues and wants to focus on getting into Moto GP. As for this year, it's the last year of his Yoshimura contract and he's hoping for a wild card ride or two for Rizla. He sounds interested to me.

Why don't you just admit you'd rather not see another U.S. superbike star land a factory ride in Moto GP.
Old 9 Dec 2007, 18:17 (Ref:2084961)   #416
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I ahve to admit J I just dont think his heart is in it

I rate the lad but he was not as quick as Mladin for most of the year and you only ride to whatever talent you are up against

Now you may differ to me here but I dont rate Mladin as highly as say Valentino or Stoner or Pedrosa or Hayden for that matter, not after all these years in GP.

For me Spies likes to race in the US, he is not keen on travelling as Lawson famously wasnt, but Lawson bit the bullet and made the effort, winning 4 amazing wqorld titles.

That trend now isnt the same as it was, Nicky has done an amazing job but I just dont see Spies being so keen to make the effort.

Dont really care about yanks racing in GP, doesnt matter eitehr way who races there as long as they are good, I do rate Ben, but for me he is no better than a Melandri or West, good second team rider.

I would love to be proved wrong!
Old 10 Dec 2007, 09:03 (Ref:2085333)   #417
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Why do you think his heart is not in it??? I have the exact opposite image of Spies? He has a fear of flying!!!! That is something completely different than being unwilling to travel. He made the trip to Sepang, where he would get one (1!!!!!) day of testing. In the end he didn't get any milage under his belt cause of rain. Than he turned up at Valencia, where he did ride the bike, but it wasn't a proper test (he got to share the track with old-timers). If you take that into account and the fact he has a fear of flying, it proves to me he is more than willing to make the switch to Motogp.

However, I'm not completely convinced yet about his talent, purely because he only races Mat Mladin! Matt is old, but so is Bayliss. Mladin also says he has never been a better rider than in 2007. So there's a lot to say for he's got the talent. Spies also won the Superstock, I don't know if he had the best machinerie in that class as well.

Spies will be in Motogp. Still I think he should have made the step in 2008. I don't understand why he is staying in AMA. He has nothing left to win there.

One thing I don't understand is why Americans get so much time to prove themselves in Motogp. Just look at Hayden and Hopkins. So, when Spies gets a ride he will have enough time to learn and adjust himself to the 800cc mopeds.
Old 10 Dec 2007, 10:57 (Ref:2085416)   #418
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Spies was on a Yoshi Suzuki in Superstock - not a bad bike i hear ...
Old 10 Dec 2007, 14:55 (Ref:2085613)   #419
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Spies won back to back titles in Superbike and Superstock. I'd call that a good display regardless of the machinery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerben24
One thing I don't understand is why Americans get so much time to prove themselves in Motogp. Just look at Hayden and Hopkins. So, when Spies gets a ride he will have enough time to learn and adjust himself to the 800cc mopeds.
Who has left Moto GP in the last two or three years that should be there in place of Hayden or Spies? As for Edwards, well, we'll have to have Hazza explain that one.
Old 10 Dec 2007, 15:22 (Ref:2085651)   #420
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Why was Hayden never sacked? He didn't really start to deliver until 2005? Same with Hopkins and Edwards (although he might still have a contract due to Rossi)! Are the manufacturers that desperate to conquer the American market?

In the end they have all delivered results (sort of), but the point I'm trying to make is that not all riders get the chance they got (Barros got the sack in 2005 even tho he beat Hayden in his first year with Repsol)!
Old 10 Dec 2007, 15:31 (Ref:2085663)   #421
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerben24
Are the manufacturers that desperate to conquer the American market?
Is it a rhetoric question?

I'll add another: Why F1 runs/ran a GP in Indy?
Old 11 Dec 2007, 00:52 (Ref:2086125)   #422
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
Who has left Moto GP in the last two or three years that should be there in place of Hayden or Spies? As for Edwards, well, we'll have to have Hazza explain that one.
I'd give you my normal spiel about "A great developement rider" or "he was a brilliant tyre tester" but i'll settle with:

No. Flipping. Idea.

Old 11 Dec 2007, 01:56 (Ref:2086149)   #423
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

You know, Edwards was a great development rider and he was a brilliant tyre tester.

All in all, one of the best Texan MotoGP riders without any doubt.
Old 11 Dec 2007, 09:58 (Ref:2086335)   #424
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
But not the best eh!! KS rules
Old 12 Dec 2007, 11:29 (Ref:2087145)   #425
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

I amend it, just in case there are (or were) more unknown texan motogp riders:

Edwards is one of the best Texan MotoGP riders, perhaps with some doubts.