Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 26 Sep 2012, 17:25 (Ref:3142103)   #4226
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Ok, Trussers has been doing a bit of investigating........
Trussers also speculates that they may have simply forgotten to insert the flow optimiser into the outlet of the fuel storage tank....oops!
This is one of those mistakes (if true of course) that you only make once!
Old 26 Sep 2012, 19:36 (Ref:3142186)   #4227
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Crazy if true. Toyota must've kicked themselves if that happened in Britain.
Old 26 Sep 2012, 22:25 (Ref:3142254)   #4228
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Ok, Trussers has been doing a bit of investigating........

Apparently, Toyota were surprised by how much time they lost in the pits at Silverstone and had found a way to improve fuel flow out of the storage tank and into the refuelling hose in time for Interlagos. Trussers also speculates that they may have simply forgotten to insert the flow optimiser into the outlet of the fuel storage tank....oops!
Seems far more likely, they made far too much time during stops to be accounted for by having the filler on the left side.
Old 28 Sep 2012, 07:55 (Ref:3142912)   #4229
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Endurance-info has an interview with Buemi: http://endurance-info.com/version2/a...nce-13555.html

Toyota does not know how many cars that they will run in 2013, but the goal is to have 2 cars in WEC and 3 cars at Le Mans
Old 28 Sep 2012, 09:02 (Ref:3142964)   #4230
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
3 cars at Le Mans
Really hope this is true. Would not be the least bit surprised if Toyota stuck with two. If they want to win they need to get a third car in the mix.
Old 28 Sep 2012, 15:26 (Ref:3143253)   #4231
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
It seems that Toyota has found some use for their collection of spare parts: http://www.endurance-info.com/versio....php?page=1116
Old 28 Sep 2012, 15:33 (Ref:3143261)   #4232
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It seems that Toyota has found some use for their collection of spare parts: http://www.endurance-info.com/versio....php?page=1116
Nice.
The blue livery actually suits the "old" TS030
Old 30 Sep 2012, 05:05 (Ref:3143988)   #4233
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
They have found some use for Buemi too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq0-nUlrUMI
Old 30 Sep 2012, 07:34 (Ref:3144025)   #4234
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if Toyota will enter next year's 12 Hours of Sebring.

They really haven't driven any more than 6 hours this year in a race (including Le Mans). So why not let Sebring beat the crap out of your car for 12 hours in race conditions in order to discover any vulnerabilities in the car before Le Mans?

Last edited by gregtummer; 30 Sep 2012 at 07:41.
Old 30 Sep 2012, 08:21 (Ref:3144041)   #4235
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtummer View Post

They really haven't driven any more than 6 hours this year in a race (including Le Mans). So why not let Sebring beat the crap out of your car for 12 hours in race conditions in order to discover any vulnerabilities in the car before Le Mans?
Going to Sebring just to do that, without Audi racing there is very expensive and low PR gain.
Besides, the 2013 WEC calendar might have a race close to Sebring, putting further stress on the team to travel around the world.

You have a point with testing the car there, but I think Toyota will feel their money (which apparently is rather limited) is better spent else where.
Old 30 Sep 2012, 08:27 (Ref:3144043)   #4236
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Besides, the 2013 WEC calendar might have a race close to Sebring, putting further stress on the team to travel around the world.
It doesn't. The first WEC race in 2013 (according to the provisional calendar) is a full month after Sebring, so teams who do the WEC but also want to race at Sebring can do so.
Old 30 Sep 2012, 08:33 (Ref:3144047)   #4237
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
It doesn't. The first WEC race in 2013 (according to the provisional calendar) is a full month after Sebring, so teams who do the WEC but also want to race at Sebring can do so.
Good . But there still is the traveling aspect, to take into calculation. Time which is used on a traveling, which isn't used on testing/optimization.
Old 30 Sep 2012, 08:47 (Ref:3144050)   #4238
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:

They lasted into the 9th hour at LeMans. Next year I bet the engine is brand new, and they'll surely test plenty before LeMans. And 3 cars won't hurt either. Red Blue White mirrors? #7 #8 #9? That's my guess. Who will drive for them though?
Old 30 Sep 2012, 09:05 (Ref:3144058)   #4239
gregtummer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
They lasted into the 9th hour at LeMans. Next year I bet the engine is brand new, and they'll surely test plenty before LeMans. And 3 cars won't hurt either. Red Blue White mirrors? #7 #8 #9? That's my guess. Who will drive for them though?
With the lengthy safety car and all the time spent behind the wall, they really didn't race much longer than 6 hours on the track so I feel my point still stands.
Old 30 Sep 2012, 09:15 (Ref:3144061)   #4240
TF110
Veteran

United States
Safety cars didn't last anywhere near 2 hours in total. When I said they raced into the 9th hour, that means over 8 hours of racing. No matter how you look at it, it wasn't the full race, but 6 hour races are no problem for their car. They lasted plenty past that distance at LeMans. Even taking out the safety car time periods.
Old 30 Sep 2012, 09:24 (Ref:3144065)   #4241
gregtummer
Veteran

All right, but I still think they'd benefit from running the 12 Hours of Sebring especially if Audi were there too.
Old 30 Sep 2012, 09:53 (Ref:3144073)   #4242
TF110
Veteran

United States
I would love to see them there as well. I just know they'll be better prepared for LeMans next year.
Old 30 Sep 2012, 10:17 (Ref:3144085)   #4243
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
You have a point with testing the car there, but I think Toyota will feel their money (which apparently is rather limited) is better spent else where.
Limited this year, but we don't know about next year. For sure their budget has to get a considerable upgrade (=somewhat matching Audi's) for next year, so whatever it costs to go to Sebring it will be taken from next year's budget.
Old 30 Sep 2012, 13:45 (Ref:3144146)   #4244
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And next year's Sebring will be the last one for LMP1 cars. (If what France and Panoz said are true that they are dropping P1 from the new series).
Old 1 Oct 2012, 19:17 (Ref:3144771)   #4245
tyronnezx
Racer

Sri Lanka
New Zealand
tyronnezx has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
All right, but I still think they'd benefit from running the 12 Hours of Sebring especially if Audi were there too.
Personally i think Toyota will not engage in a group race with Audi before Le mans.
Old 1 Oct 2012, 19:49 (Ref:3144780)   #4246
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronnezx View Post
Personally i think Toyota will not engage in a group race with Audi before Le mans.
What's their excuse for missing the first few rounds of the WEC next year?
Old 1 Oct 2012, 20:02 (Ref:3144789)   #4247
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronnezx View Post
They have expressed their desire to run two cars in WEC next year. See http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...12#post3142912

I assume that this means that they will enter in all WEC races. Otherwise, they stand no chance of winning the championship.
Old 1 Oct 2012, 22:01 (Ref:3144861)   #4248
kober
Racer

kober should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also, I don't expect the rule to count only the best six results of a manufacturer to stay for the next year. That rule was added only to allow Toyota to join the WC at LeMans and still have a theoretical chance of winning the championship. There won't be a need for it in 2013.
Old 1 Oct 2012, 22:04 (Ref:3144862)   #4249
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Yes, I also expect that they will go back to the original WEC classification system, where two cars score points and all races count.
Old 2 Oct 2012, 02:25 (Ref:3144970)   #4250
tyronnezx
Racer

Sri Lanka
New Zealand
tyronnezx has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
What's their excuse for missing the first few rounds of the WEC next year?

im gunna say that because Toyota probably doesn't want to play their full hand to Audi at the begging of the season till le mans. i could be wrong

meanwhile, here's a recap from Sao Paulo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xut7d...ure=plpp_video