Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 3 Mar 2020, 19:20 (Ref:3961316)   #4351
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
shouldn't we start the 2020 prediction thread ?

only 2 seats left but unlese one is Shedden anybody else will be just midfiled at best
I think quite a few predictions might be Motorbase-related based on comments here.

Perhaps wait until all seats are confirmed in case there is an even bigger surprise to come?
Old 3 Mar 2020, 19:21 (Ref:3961317)   #4352
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Mark Howard, hands down...
Mark Howard simply wasn't very good. Andy Neate believes his own bull and that everyone else is the reason his results are poor.

Tuesday is the best day to see Andy Neate.
Old 3 Mar 2020, 19:22 (Ref:3961318)   #4353
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I think quite a few predictions might be Motorbase-related based on comments here.

Perhaps wait until all seats are confirmed in case there is an even bigger surprise to come?
Tom Cruise at Dynamics. That must be it.
Old 3 Mar 2020, 19:23 (Ref:3961319)   #4354
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

Andy Neate has bought the Jack Sears Trophy?
Old 3 Mar 2020, 19:23 (Ref:3961320)   #4355
Londoner
Racer

Londoner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is a ****take, right? I can only assume Dave's having a laugh and looking forward to the huge sack of cash Neate's promised to cough up, but given repair bills will no doubt take most of it up, it makes no sense.

God, Motorbase have been an utter joke since they dicked over Mat Jackson a couple of years ago.

Last edited by Londoner; 3 Mar 2020 at 19:41.
Old 3 Mar 2020, 19:26 (Ref:3961321)   #4356
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
I've worked out why Sonic left. It's not because the car was a bit shite. Or even Barties jokes.

He was convinced Andy Neate would perform better and couldn't face the embarrassment.

Sarcasm is a beautiful thing.
Old 3 Mar 2020, 19:27 (Ref:3961323)   #4357
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Andy Neate has bought the Jack Sears Trophy?
...on finance?
Old 3 Mar 2020, 19:35 (Ref:3961324)   #4358
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Tom Cruise at Dynamics. That must be it.
Stroll Snr will buy out Simpson, they will enter an Aston DBX with Lance driving. For any meeting clashes, they will skip the F1 races so not to lose the TBL
Old 3 Mar 2020, 19:38 (Ref:3961325)   #4359
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Someone mentioned earlier his series ban must be proven to be temporary..

So what would the reason be for removing it. The promise of bringing a big sponsor for the team. Or as Craner Curves said, maybe he’s promised to bank roll the full thing..
Old 3 Mar 2020, 19:43 (Ref:3961326)   #4360
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can just imagine Andy going through the Lucy Van Pelt Book of Lame Excuses right now.

When I think of lame excuses, I think of Lucy from the Peanuts Comic Strip and the time Andy claimed the sun was in his eyes when he threw away a strong result by running wide.
Old 3 Mar 2020, 19:51 (Ref:3961328)   #4361
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
Someone mentioned earlier his series ban must be proven to be temporary..

So what would the reason be for removing it.
I don't think it needed to be removed.

When he departed previously, many assumed it was a permanent exclusion. In reality, it was probably just for the rest of that season.
Old 3 Mar 2020, 19:57 (Ref:3961329)   #4362
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alan Gow is in on this; bloody Ozzies!

Just seen a re-draft of the regulations. The Jack Sears TeaCup in 2020 is to be "awarded to the best performing Andy Neate in the series."
Old 3 Mar 2020, 20:07 (Ref:3961330)   #4363
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
...on finance?
Nah, Bright House.
Old 3 Mar 2020, 21:28 (Ref:3961338)   #4364
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Alan Gow is in on this; bloody Ozzies!

Just seen a re-draft of the regulations. The Jack Sears TeaCup in 2020 is to be "awarded to the best performing Andy Neate in the series."
Who else thinks Andy Jordan would be up for changing his name by deed poll to Andy Neate then? If Joe Lycett can change his to Hugo Boss then I’m sure there’s be no issues
Old 3 Mar 2020, 21:45 (Ref:3961340)   #4365
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
100% there is a big **** off sized in your face with bells on sponsor.

Makes Shredded Wheat look small. In fairness, three of those was easy
Is this still happening? Or will the Focii livery feature a huge Mr Neates face on the bonnet?
Old 3 Mar 2020, 22:08 (Ref:3961342)   #4366
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
The chap who told me the third driver was big is the same tosspot who says the sponsor is big. Totally discredited in my books now; the sponsor could be Fat Daves Burger Stand, at top of Craner Curves, Donny Park.
Old 3 Mar 2020, 22:11 (Ref:3961343)   #4367
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The chap who told me the third driver was big is the same tosspot who says the sponsor is big. Totally discredited in my books now; the sponsor could be Fat Daves Burger Stand, at top of Craner Curves, Donny Park.
Gotcha 👍
Old 3 Mar 2020, 22:14 (Ref:3961346)   #4368
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Well Fat Dave is big.
Old 3 Mar 2020, 22:14 (Ref:3961347)   #4369
JDMROB
Racer

JDMROB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Alfisti

Quote:
That would be one heck an addition to the grid. I am expecting big big driver. Well I know so, but not who.
Remember when you said this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMROB View Post
If Motorbase end up with 3 gentleman drivers they'll have no fans, no publicity, just negativity and 3 cars to rebuild between races. Big Dave isnt that silly, is he?

I'm expecting Rory to be there in a new Focus ST. The Shedden rumour is just a rumour I think.

I said this. I was nearly right
Old 3 Mar 2020, 22:16 (Ref:3961348)   #4370
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They literally couldn't have put anybody worse in the car. Of all the rumours floating about of a big name returning, and it's HIM. The useless prick can **** right off, he's the most dangerously bad "driver" I've ever seen.

Motorbase had an utterly underwhelming lineup last year and they've managed to out-do themselves (not taking anything away from Butcher, he's quite good). I'd rather there was one fewer car on the grid.
Old 3 Mar 2020, 22:21 (Ref:3961349)   #4371
JDMROB
Racer

JDMROB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
They literally couldn't have put anybody worse in the car. Of all the rumours floating about of a big name returning, and it's HIM. The useless prick can **** right off, he's the most dangerously bad "driver" I've ever seen.

Motorbase had an utterly underwhelming lineup last year and they've managed to out-do themselves (not taking anything away from Butcher, he's quite good). I'd rather there was one fewer car on the grid.
The worrying thing is Ollie Jackson is up there with one of the innocently dangerous drivers too. No spacial awareness at all. Like he drives with toilet roll tubes from his eyes to his visor. I remember Neate being the same.
Old 3 Mar 2020, 22:22 (Ref:3961350)   #4372
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Did he say it would be a big name driver, or that it would be big news. If the last several pages of this thread and my social media timeline are anything to go by then it would certainly count as big news. I've seen more posts following this driver announcement that any other this year.
Old 3 Mar 2020, 22:23 (Ref:3961352)   #4373
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
The whole Mat Jackson thing is very much "cutting off you nose to spite your face" since ditching Mat Motorbase have gone downhill.

Still - Rob Collard is well out of it and can go and play elsewhere.
Old 3 Mar 2020, 22:23 (Ref:3961351)   #4374
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMROB View Post
The worrying thing is Ollie Jackson is up there with one of the innocently dangerous drivers too. No spacial awareness at all. Like he drives with toilet roll tubes from his eyes to his visor. I remember Neate being the same.
To be fair to Neate, he can't turn his head around properly.....
Old 3 Mar 2020, 22:30 (Ref:3961353)   #4375
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Did he say it would be a big name driver, or that it would be big news. If the last several pages of this thread and my social media timeline are anything to go by then it would certainly count as big news. I've seen more posts following this driver announcement that any other this year.
exactly...
and how many people are going to be looking out for the cars so they can say "i told you so"?