Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 4 Mar 2020, 09:11 (Ref:3961446)   #4401
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallguy_2 View Post
From what I believe I think that will be the grid for this year, from what I understand the last TBL floating wasn’t renewed and was taken back by TOCA in order to slim the grid, I firmly reckon that will be it, No Simpson or the TBL unfortunately
Not sure that stacks up:

Regulations:
'Registrations will only be accepted from holders of a valid TOCA BTCC Licence (‘TBL’), initially by way of a deposit of £10,000 + VAT on or before November 29th 2019 to secure their entry'

BTCC website (2nd Dec 19):
'Following the entry approval deadline, Kwik Fit British Touring Car Championship Series Organiser TOCA has today (2 December) advised that all 30 entries – the maximum number of TOCA BTCC Licences (TBLs) held by teams – are now confirmed for the 2020 season.'
'Simpson Racing: 1'

So if Simpson are not entering they've either returned the TBL and lost their deposit, or sold/loaned it to another team with TOCA's agreement.
Old 4 Mar 2020, 09:16 (Ref:3961448)   #4402
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallguy_2 View Post
From what I believe I think that will be the grid for this year, from what I understand the last TBL floating wasn’t renewed and was taken back by TOCA in order to slim the grid, I firmly reckon that will be it, No Simpson or the TBL unfortunately
After the Neate announcement, does anyone really care anymore?
Old 4 Mar 2020, 09:20 (Ref:3961449)   #4403
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
Snowflakes? In what way? Because everyone knows how much of a laughing stock motorbase are gonna be this year?

Feel sorry for Rory Butcher signing to mount a title challenge and being told that moron was gonna be his team mate.
As I said, Neate is likely to be running under a different livery, just as Jordan, Tordoff Hamilton etc have in the past, so not likely to have any effect on Butcher's championship hopes as he won't be his team mate.
Neate never really struck me as being that bad. I reckon more drivers have fallen foul with having to race with Simpson over the last couple of years than with Neate.
We never got to see what he could do (good or bad) with the MG because the car was always breaking, 888 just seemed to be concentrating on Plato's car instead. Neate formed his own team and had to develop the car himself really, if I remember rightly he qualified 11th at Silverstone that year, not bad for someone who apparently can't drive in an undeveloped car.
Deciding to leave the championship after one meeting and not paying bills, if that is indeed what happened, and panicking whilst leading a race and binning it, hardly makes someone a dangerous or slow driver.
Old 4 Mar 2020, 09:48 (Ref:3961453)   #4404
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Not sure that stacks up:

Regulations:
'Registrations will only be accepted from holders of a valid TOCA BTCC Licence (‘TBL’), initially by way of a deposit of £10,000 + VAT on or before November 29th 2019 to secure their entry'

BTCC website (2nd Dec 19):
'Following the entry approval deadline, Kwik Fit British Touring Car Championship Series Organiser TOCA has today (2 December) advised that all 30 entries – the maximum number of TOCA BTCC Licences (TBLs) held by teams – are now confirmed for the 2020 season.'
'Simpson Racing: 1'

So if Simpson are not entering they've either returned the TBL and lost their deposit, or sold/loaned it to another team with TOCA's agreement.
Neil Hudson from TCT tweeted yesterday a full 30 card locked in for BTCC yesterday, so with you on this one.

Not surprised to see Rob Collard move to GT's announced today.
Old 4 Mar 2020, 10:01 (Ref:3961454)   #4405
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nononsensecapeesh View Post
After the Neate announcement, does anyone really care anymore?
It's not quite as apocalyptic as some are making out, we've still got a fantastic year ahead of us
Old 4 Mar 2020, 10:06 (Ref:3961455)   #4406
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
It's not quite as apocalyptic as some are making out, we've still got a fantastic year ahead of us
I know.
Old 4 Mar 2020, 10:13 (Ref:3961456)   #4407
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Collard to British GT

Good news, glad to see him having a full season seat.
Old 4 Mar 2020, 10:19 (Ref:3961459)   #4408
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Snowflakes? In what way? Because everyone knows how much of a laughing stock motorbase are gonna be this year?

Feel sorry for Rory Butcher signing to mount a title challenge and being told that moron was gonna be his team mate.
What does Andy Neate being his team mate got anything to do with him mounting a title challenge it’s not like he’s sharing the car with him, seems to me you just want to slag the team off regardless
Old 4 Mar 2020, 10:23 (Ref:3961461)   #4409
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Feel sorry for Rory Butcher signing to mount a title challenge and being told that [Neate] was gonna be his team mate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdh View Post
What does Andy Neate being his team mate got anything to do with him mounting a title challenge
I'm sure Shedden (2016) has a better grasp of how starting the season with Neate as a teammate affects your title chances.
Old 4 Mar 2020, 10:24 (Ref:3961462)   #4410
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think Flash was just glad to have a car to win, whilst Neate only got one weekend to show what he could do
Old 4 Mar 2020, 10:30 (Ref:3961464)   #4411
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The November date and TOCA's confirmation of TBL allocation only applies to the team, not the driver.

Simpson Racing are the TBL holder and entrant, that doesn't necessarily mean that Matt Simpson himself will be driving.

That's not to say that I think he won't be driving
Old 4 Mar 2020, 10:35 (Ref:3961469)   #4412
MagicBoy
Racer

United Kingdom
MagicBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I think Flash was just glad to have a car to win, whilst Neate only got one weekend to show what he could do
From being at the circuit both days ... Neate wasn't even trying that weekend, bimbling around at the back in the races. Most likely by then the cheque had bounced, Dynamics were committed to running the car and wanted it without a scratch at the end of the weekend.

Last edited by MagicBoy; 4 Mar 2020 at 10:58.
Old 4 Mar 2020, 10:36 (Ref:3961470)   #4413
tallguy_2
Rookie

United Kingdom
UK
tallguy_2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryBrown View Post
Surely they would have done that before publicly releasing the team entries for the season?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Yeah I see your point, I’d be surprised but hey you never know
Old 4 Mar 2020, 10:44 (Ref:3961473)   #4414
RS67
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicBoy View Post
From being at the circuit both days ... Neate wasn't even trying that weekend, minimal practise and bimbling around at the back in the races. Most likely by then the cheque had bounced, Dynamics were committed to running the car and wanted it without a scratch at the end of the weekend.
As far as I am aware Media day was his first time testing the car, so in FP1 and 2 at Brands, he would still have been getting a feel for the car.
Old 4 Mar 2020, 10:48 (Ref:3961476)   #4415
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hope this doesn't come across as preachy, and I appreciate the depth of feeling regarding Neate. But some of these comments have been a little over the line of what is really appropriate in the context of 'Be Kinder' after recent more public events. Motorbase has decided to sign Neate for their own reasons, they clearly believe he will commit to the season and will meet the terms of his contract. We can speculate and highlight past indiscretions (and if people have been personally impacted then, of course, their feelings deserve to be aired) but some of the borderline abusive comments on here aren't really a good look for what is supposed to be an inclusive, supportive motor racing community. The car looks cracking on track, I am sure Butcher will be in title contention and Jackson will likely fight for the top ten. I wish Andy the best and hope Dave Bartrum's decision allows the team to have a competitive season.
Old 4 Mar 2020, 11:03 (Ref:3961480)   #4416
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by BtccLee View Post
Hope this doesn't come across as preachy, and I appreciate the depth of feeling regarding Neate. But some of these comments have been a little over the line of what is really appropriate in the context of 'Be Kinder' after recent more public events. Motorbase has decided to sign Neate for their own reasons, they clearly believe he will commit to the season and will meet the terms of his contract. We can speculate and highlight past indiscretions (and if people have been personally impacted then, of course, their feelings deserve to be aired) but some of the borderline abusive comments on here aren't really a good look for what is supposed to be an inclusive, supportive motor racing community. The car looks cracking on track, I am sure Butcher will be in title contention and Jackson will likely fight for the top ten. I wish Andy the best and hope Dave Bartrum's decision allows the team to have a competitive season.
Understood, got to admit though, it was quite a shock after all the hype.
Old 4 Mar 2020, 11:08 (Ref:3961481)   #4417
MagicBoy
Racer

United Kingdom
MagicBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
As far as I am aware Media day was his first time testing the car, so in FP1 and 2 at Brands, he would still have been getting a feel for the car.
He was pounding the laps in at media day, where Neal and Shedden didn't.

By the end of FP2 he was solidly mid-table. Then his pace in Races 2 & 3 is well over half a second off (on a sub 50s lap)... and he's running around in free air with at a similar pace to Mark Howard and Alex Martin propping up the results table. In a Dynamics Honda.

Gonna be interesting him sharing a garage with Ollie, after the forum posts from 2012.
Old 4 Mar 2020, 11:11 (Ref:3961482)   #4418
RS67
Veteran

Quote:
All the hype has just been coming from the Forum though, Motorbase have been quite laid back and just posting Polar Bear videos. People can only blame themselves for getting so worked up about it. Quite comical really.
Old 4 Mar 2020, 11:17 (Ref:3961486)   #4419
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
All the hype has just been coming from the Forum though, Motorbase have been quite laid back and just posting Polar Bear videos. People can only blame themselves for getting so worked up about it. Quite comical really.
We're only human after all....
Old 4 Mar 2020, 11:18 (Ref:3961487)   #4420
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Hype generated by know nothings not the team....
Old 4 Mar 2020, 11:21 (Ref:3961489)   #4421
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Hype generated by know nothings not the team....
See my previous comment ,
Old 4 Mar 2020, 11:31 (Ref:3961493)   #4422
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BtccLee View Post
Well said
Old 4 Mar 2020, 11:40 (Ref:3961496)   #4423
RS67
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicBoy View Post

Gonna be interesting him sharing a garage with Ollie, after the forum posts from 2012.
May already been sharing a garage today. The way Ollie's Facebook post read earlier, he has been enjoying himself, doing a few Shakedown laps in the new car. Where ever they are, Neate may also be getting some laps in with the RS as well.
Old 4 Mar 2020, 11:44 (Ref:3961497)   #4424
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
May already been sharing a garage today. The way Ollie's Facebook post read earlier, he has been enjoying himself, doing a few Shakedown laps in the new car. Where ever they are, Neate may also be getting some laps in with the RS as well.
They're testing at Brands Hatch today.
Old 4 Mar 2020, 11:44 (Ref:3961498)   #4425
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
brands hatch
https://www.touringcartimes.com/2020...-brands-hatch/