Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 10 Aug 2015, 14:06 (Ref:3565119)   #426
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Wonder how the Kosteckis managed to gazump Eggleston Motorsport?
Coupla hundred grand would do it
Old 11 Aug 2015, 04:07 (Ref:3565242)   #427
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
#34 GRM Seat Available?

Will Mr Rogers pay the money required to get a proven 'name' into that seat, or is there a young bloke waiting in the wings?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 11 Aug 2015, 07:05 (Ref:3565259)   #428
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
More interestingly, AA's "scoop" this week is that DJRTP will be 2 cars next year with Ambrose nowhere to be seen.
Old 11 Aug 2015, 10:16 (Ref:3565283)   #429
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
#34 GRM Seat Available?

Will Mr Rogers pay the money required to get a proven 'name' into that seat, or is there a young bloke waiting in the wings?
A lot of pretty speedy bums have sat in the #34 over the years and it has not been near the front.
It was amazing how the fast frog matched the young fella when in the same car but was nowhere the year before in his own.
Old 11 Aug 2015, 11:23 (Ref:3565296)   #430
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The calibre of the engineering group on #34 is not a patch on what #33 enjoys.
Old 12 Aug 2015, 11:58 (Ref:3565557)   #431
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I still recall the funny interview with Mr Rogers and Ms Crehan re a certain driver in that car...
Old 15 Aug 2015, 10:48 (Ref:3566159)   #432
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
888 Sells 2 COTF Chassis To Dunlop Series

...with full 888 technical support...

With COTF next year in the DVS, what happens to the Car of The Past? (Ie: FG and VE II)
Old 15 Aug 2015, 10:53 (Ref:3566160)   #433
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Khumo Series ?
Old 15 Aug 2015, 11:22 (Ref:3566163)   #434
Bugger All
Racer

Australia
32 DME to the west Left Fl 210
Bugger All should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumNick View Post
Khumo Series ?
Nah Konica series reborn...
Old 15 Aug 2015, 12:48 (Ref:3566173)   #435
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, FG and VE will be in the Kumho series within a couple of years.
Old 16 Aug 2015, 23:03 (Ref:3566352)   #436
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Talk that pit lane speed limits will be raised at certain tracks next year to give options for strategy
Old 17 Aug 2015, 11:15 (Ref:3566440)   #437
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Isn't that a CAMS and OHS thing rather than a V8 Supercar thing? The last thing is people getting hurt by being hit by cars going at 80-100kph.

Last edited by Razor; 17 Aug 2015 at 11:21.
Old 17 Aug 2015, 11:52 (Ref:3566448)   #438
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Isn't that a CAMS and OHS thing rather than a V8 Supercar thing? The last thing is people getting hurt by being hit by cars going at 80-100kph.
As i mentioned, certain tracks only, ones that have a suitable pit lane
Old 17 Aug 2015, 12:12 (Ref:3566451)   #439
old fart
Racer

Australia
a racetrack -wish it was Mt Panorama.
old fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridold fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
As i mentioned, certain tracks only, ones that have a suitable pit lane
The only suitable pit lane would be one with no pit crew, officials, photographers, tv reporters/film crew etc. It does not matter how wide, long or undulating the slow/ fast lane setup is the risk increases with the speed.

We have seen the problems being experienced currently in all forms of racing and I am sure that the insurers will have a good look at the increased risk. If premiums are increased I guess the cost will have to be passed onto others.
Old 17 Aug 2015, 21:53 (Ref:3566546)   #440
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by old fart View Post
The only suitable pit lane would be one with no pit crew, officials, photographers, tv reporters/film crew etc. It does not matter how wide, long or undulating the slow/ fast lane setup is the risk increases with the speed.

We have seen the problems being experienced currently in all forms of racing and I am sure that the insurers will have a good look at the increased risk. If premiums are increased I guess the cost will have to be passed onto others.
yet we allow it in F1
Old 17 Aug 2015, 22:03 (Ref:3566548)   #441
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
yet we allow it in F1
True, but European's generally have a different attitude to safety than us Aussies.

Personal responsibility plays a far greater role than it does here.
Old 17 Aug 2015, 22:16 (Ref:3566552)   #442
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
True, but European's generally have a different attitude to safety than us Aussies.

Personal responsibility plays a far greater role than it does here.
we allow it in f1 in Australia.

Its only in the discusion phase and Im sure the nanny state dictators will close this down
Old 18 Aug 2015, 00:21 (Ref:3566566)   #443
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
we allow it in f1 in Australia.

Its only in the discusion phase and Im sure the nanny state dictators will close this down
I am not sure if there is any Australian input either from CAMS or elsewhere into the pit lane speed at Albert Park.

If there was the speed would undoubtably be lower.
Old 18 Aug 2015, 08:01 (Ref:3566610)   #444
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
The current pit lane speed limit was set by V8SC when CAMS was running a higher pit lane speed for everything else. For a while there, the pit lane speed limit was 40kmh for V8SC and 60 for all the supports - a ludicrous situation but that is what happened with the limit changing back and forth through V8 meetings and going back to 60 at non-V8 meetings. CAMS then adopted the lower limit themselves.

The V8 limit was set after quite a bit of testing and evaluation by the V8 operations and technical guys, allowing for the higher ratio and full fuel loads up the slope of the pit lane at Bathurst for example and cars not stalling. There was a lot to it and it was properly researched and implemented.

I agree with those on here suggesting that it shouldn't change back - I can tell you from personal experience working in many pit lanes that the lower speed limit IS a benefit and should be continued but its a mistake to think that CAMS mandated the speed limit - the V8s write their own rules and were in front of CAMS in mandating the lower limit.
Old 18 Aug 2015, 09:21 (Ref:3566627)   #445
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
bortall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Talk that pit lane speed limits will be raised at certain tracks next year to give options for strategy
How would it give options for strategy - isn't everyone doing the same speed in pit lane regardless of what that speed may be???
Old 18 Aug 2015, 10:13 (Ref:3566632)   #446
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bortall View Post
How would it give options for strategy - isn't everyone doing the same speed in pit lane regardless of what that speed may be???
With a higher speed a pit stop would have a shorter total duration, meaning an extra stop in a race would be more viable.

But a speed increase is a safety compromise and doing it purely as a bandaid fix to try and improve the show doesn't really fly with me. I like the current level of pit lane safety in Supercars and it is good not seeing people hurt. I watched NASCAR the other day and I was embarrassed for Motorsport seeing the guys running out in front of the car as it pulled into the pit box. I even saw a few of them get hit by the car. It was unbelievable just how stupid it looked. Another 20km/h and it may have gone from stupid to tragic.
Old 19 Aug 2015, 00:22 (Ref:3566838)   #447
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I always chuckle at NASCAR.
Officials looking over the shoulder to make sure all 5 wheelnuts are done up on each wheel.
And then when the car leaves the box in a cloud of tyre smoke and spinning wheels, all the old wheel nuts are run over and fired out the back of the car at bullet speed in random directions.
Old 19 Aug 2015, 00:25 (Ref:3566840)   #448
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
Officials looking over the shoulder to make sure all 5 wheelnuts are done up on each wheel.
And then when the car leaves the box in a cloud of tyre smoke and spinning wheels, all the old wheel nuts are run over and fired out the back of the car at bullet speed in random directions.
That rule has been changed recently, but I get your drift.
Old 19 Aug 2015, 08:17 (Ref:3566894)   #449
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
But at least NASCAR does have at least one official per pit bay.

V8 Supercars could learn from this. Tim, Bargs and co need to realise that breaches of the rules take place away from the TV cameras.
Old 20 Aug 2015, 04:47 (Ref:3567114)   #450
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
That rule has been changed recently, but I get your drift.
Ah OK was not aware of a rule change.
So the lugnuts can no longer be discarded like I described?
If so, way overdue.