Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 May 2024, 02:36 (Ref:4208082)   #426
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Shoeless Joe Jackson was a strong character in "Field of Dreams" so the name is well-know outside the US due to the international success and standing of the film.

I'm a little surprised at Joe not having heard of a Philly Cheese Steak as it too gets a fair run of mentions in US films of one kind or another but to me, as a non-US resident, Shoeless Joe was a name that I knew and was strongly aware of, having really like the movie, long before I'd heard of a Philly Cheese Steak.

Agree that a Philly Cheese Steak can be OK but like everything in life, there are good and bad examples.
That really surprises me. I would have bet the house that a baseball movie made 30+ years ago would be pretty niche over there. I mean it's a good movie but cheesesteaks are pretty great.

However, an Italian beef sandwich in Chicago CRUSHES the best cheesesteak in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Yep. And airport catering outlets are a pretty good bet of getting the latter, whilst paying something approaching that for a Michelin star dish.
Yes! A Philly cheesesteak, at an airport, in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. Not ideal. However, I guarantee there is a half-decent Cuban sandwich available there. You gotta do your sandwich research before travelling.

Sorry to keep taking the thread OT so - All this Andretti stuff is weird but I've never been an Andretti fan. I have no control over any of this and feel nothing.
Old 21 May 2024, 22:03 (Ref:4209899)   #427
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Pat Symonds joins Andretti as a consultant. He should help them to be ready for 2028 & in the meantime, should be able to assist them with saying the right things in their application to be successful.
Old Yesterday, 07:50 (Ref:4209937)   #428
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What are they actually doing at their Silverstone base?
There is no car to run, no developments to plot, no races to attend.. and won’t be for some time yet, if at all..
I’d suggest perhaps their biggest bill is for tea and biscuits?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old Yesterday, 09:00 (Ref:4209951)   #429
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
What are they actually doing at their Silverstone base?
There is no car to run, no developments to plot, no races to attend.. and won’t be for some time yet, if at all..
I’d suggest perhaps their biggest bill is for tea and biscuits?
Formula E?
Old Yesterday, 09:34 (Ref:4209957)   #430
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
According to Joe Saward’s blog today the new Concorde Agreement will have a clause that new entrants in F1 must have competed in and won championships in F2 and F3.
They are determined to block Andretti/GM no matter what it takes.
Old Yesterday, 10:33 (Ref:4209962)   #431
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
According to Joe Saward’s blog today the new Concorde Agreement will have a clause that new entrants in F1 must have competed in and won championships in F2 and F3.
If true, then the closed shop mentality is beyond a joke now. This is not how F1 should be run.
Old Yesterday, 11:55 (Ref:4209969)   #432
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

It’s been a few years but they’ve won in Indycar, still competing of course. It’s a similar task to F2, so should be able to claim an equivalence.
Old Yesterday, 12:23 (Ref:4209973)   #433
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
However, if a (say) multi-billionaire turned up with a ready made race team and bottomless pockets, they would almost certainly be allowed to enter.

I wonder if the Andretti family have any links to the Dorilton Capital group?
Old Yesterday, 20:28 (Ref:4210027)   #434
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
It’s been a few years but they’ve won in Indycar, still competing of course. It’s a similar task to F2, so should be able to claim an equivalence.
That won’t work.There are reasons they specify series that they control if not run directly.
Old Yesterday, 22:57 (Ref:4210042)   #435
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
or some money from the Emirates perhaps.
Old Today, 01:51 (Ref:4210049)   #436
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Joe has said this in his blog so there are some legs on it but no one actually knows what will be in the final accord because it's all talk and not yet in print.

Trying to claim equivalency is not likely to go anywhere with Indy NXT being at the level of a regional formula rather than F2.

but either way there seems to be a strong swing in motorsport generally leading to some very fixed pathways and procedures being made fixed steps in all single seater racing.
It's a long way already from the free world open-ended style of competition we had thirty or forty years ago.

By 2030 or earlier I think F1 will simply be a form of public entertainment, a series of 'events' run around the glop under the title of F1 (or maybe abandon the FIA and simply call it Grand Prix) where a group of select people run teams for the event and it is televised to people living in cities around the globe as one of a selection of events run from a central administration to entertain the masses.
That might be six years or more away but it is entirely consistent with the agenda toward sustainability, so watch where the world goes to from here.
Old Today, 03:02 (Ref:4210051)   #437
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That’s an interesting future…maybe even add an element with the top teams ultimately meeting up for some sort champions league set of race to cap off the season?

Would be different for sure but an intriguing idea. The commercial benefits are clearly there.
Old Today, 03:34 (Ref:4210052)   #438
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Quote:
However, if a (say) multi-billionaire turned up with a ready made race team and bottomless pockets, they would almost certainly be allowed to enter.

They would tell him to buy a team.This is all about keeping it at 10 teams.
Old Today, 07:49 (Ref:4210059)   #439
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post

By 2030 or earlier I think F1 will simply be a form of public entertainment, a series of 'events' run around the glop under the title of F1 (or maybe abandon the FIA and simply call it Grand Prix) where a group of select people run teams for the event and it is televised to people living in cities around the globe as one of a selection of events run from a central administration to entertain the masses.
That might be six years or more away but it is entirely consistent with the agenda toward sustainability, so watch where the world goes to from here.

There is already something similar, not in racing cars, but in what used to be the Red Bull sponsored "racing" planes that performs around the world.